• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[KFY] CAMIE M11 Construction Mecha

This review is for: [KFY] CAMIE M11 Construction Mecha

The submitted article is/has…
[X] A general topic sentence under the title header
[X] Artwork (Art will probably be required only for PC races, starships, power armor, and guns.)
[X] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[X] In the proper format/template
[X] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[X] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[X] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[X] No red and/or broken links
[X] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[X] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[X] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[X ] Obtusely redundant
[X] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[?] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[X] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[X] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[X] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[X] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[x] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[X] Lacking Detail
[X] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[X] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[X] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[X] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[X] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
As it is manufactured by KFY, it is subject to Wes's final approval.

Notes

The CAMIE M11 is weaker performance wise compared to it's closest approved competitor in the civilian mecha field, the Origin M1 Oban. However, the M11 is better suited and cost effective for its intended role as a construction mecha. There are no obvious game-balancing issues between the two.

I intend to finish this review by: 11th June

I would think you would need very specialized equipment beyond just nanomachines to build systems that can manipulate gravity, and things get even more complex when you add in FTL systems and an Aether generator.

At the very lease those systems are far from simple.

Uso, this is comparatively simple, I should say. It's certainly more complex than 21st century tech, but it systems are far simpler than combat Power Armor -- which even Gunship Fabrication Areas are already capable of constructing. It should also be noted that many Power Armors already have Gravitic Engine systems, FTL, and Aether engines, which the Fabrication Areas seem to have no problem constructing. These are also higher performance and far more compact than the CAMIE.

I see no reason why a machine with lesser specs and less compact parts than a Power Armor can't be produced by a system which can already produce Power Armor in a few hours. It just has to be kept in mind that this unit needs more raw materials than a power armor due to its substantially increased mass. This may translate to some increased fabrication time compared to a Power Armor, though partially offset by the relative simplicity.

As for Wes' permission, I have it -- He's even the one who recommended changing the name from the Constructor to CAMMY, from which CAMIE evolved. He can certainly post to confirm first though.

Comparatively simple to what? A power armor 1/4th its size? To a full sized star ship? I don't think you can claim that the design is simple if it includes devices that alter how space/time works in an area.

This is relative to a Power Armor 1/4th its size which already uses gravity tech in its engines and has superior specs all around. A Star Army Fabrication Area should have absolutely no problem constructing this thing in its entirety. If you thought I meant something like a Super PHALANX' Pod or something, I didn't and can edit to be more specific.

The only issue should be the increased mass to produce it -- which just means more time to make the parts is needed.

The concerns raised so far seems to be reasonably addressed.

I'll let this sit for about two days for additional concerns to be raised before I approve it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back