• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Kirinov Automotives] DoPS Chaser

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:kirinov:ka-k5-3d_chaser
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:corp:kirinov:highspeed_safety_bubble

The safety feature designed for the Chaser, yes its inspired by the things used in the speed racer movie
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Neshaten
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
welp, FM approved and I own this corp too so... just waiting for review then i guess XD

Essentially this is the new specialty vehicle for the DoPS which will also be used by Division 5 later as a branch of DoPS.

Art may be coming later, trying to cut back spending at the moment

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just so you know, aerodynamically a reversed teardrop is a terrible shape and that car will always be unstable and trying to flip itself around. A Normal teardrop shape would be much more stable and easier to control.

Yep. a teardrop/raindrop shape is an inherently stable shape, but you flip it around and make it wider in back and it loses all stability.

Huh never knew that, thanks kai!

For reviewers, none of the stats will be changed I’ll just be flipping around the description a little bit, it’ll still be driver with two passengers behind them

A good example of this practically in use today is by looking at a cross-sectional shape of a wing or blade, called an airfoil. This might help you in using verbiage about the front and back, because they are referred to as this, which I picked up from wikipedia's airfoil article:

The leading edge is the point at the front of the airfoil that has maximum curvature (minimum radius).
The trailing edge is defined similarly as the point of maximum curvature at the rear of the airfoil.

Really, really, really sorry it took me so long to get to this, @club24 - thus without any further delay:

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. What kind of armor does the Chaser have (if any)? Crynatorium (due to the material's low weight and cost)?
  2. Would you mind adding what color(s) the Chaser is/are painted in to the Appearance section, please?
  3. How high above the ground does the Chaser usually travel - and what's the highest it can go?
  4. Though it's not something that would prevent the submission from being approved, you might want to add a note to the Chaser's price (in the Statistical Information section) saying that the vehicle isn't available for sale to the general public.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

This review includes the following sub-articles:
Edit: Added a couple of questions I forgot to include when I originally made the post. >.<
Edit #2: Updated to reflect this post.

Last edited:
i'd like to point out i'm using the civilian vehicle template as its not designed for combat in the slightest, and unless im super blind i don't recall seeing a damage stat section in that template, fixes will get done eventually

Apologies for missing that, @club24 (I don't know how I managed to gloss over that difference despite viewing the vehicle template page dozens of times >.<); I've removed the damage capacity section from the submission, as, well, it's unnecessary - and I've updated my review accordingly. Also, sorry for the delay in responding - I had a rather...rough day IRL yesterday.

and there we go, no armour as mentioned in the about section, height above ground in the speed section, not publicly available note added and appearance section updated for colours and also Kais suggestion

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

This review includes the following sub-articles:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back