• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Kodian Hammerfist Heavy Cruiser

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
There's a lot of Ketsurui Fleet Yards/Star Army specific technology in this ship, and I'm not entirely sure the Star Army/KFY would actually share it with the Kodian shipyard, which is not, under Yamataian law, considered a "major corporation" that gets access to Yamatai's restricted military technology like the Combined Field System or Yamataium (this is noted on the Yamataium wiki page, for example).

Origin is the largest independent market in the sector. While they wont sell you aether tech they will build/sell you just about anything so it's not a stretch to ask @Kai if it's okay to have origin-made replacements for some of what is yam-exclusive stuff. Not exact replicas but replacements that might otherwise perform the same or similar functions~

There's a lot of Ketsurui Fleet Yards/Star Army specific technology in this ship, and I'm not entirely sure the Star Army/KFY would actually share it with the Kodian shipyard, which is not, under Yamataian law, considered a "major corporation" that gets access to Yamatai's restricted military technology like the Combined Field System or Yamataium (this is noted on the Yamataium wiki page, for example).
Ultimately I see these ships as just being add ons to SA, but having something that is canon “Kodian Size” friendly. I guess ultimately it comes down to how much we want to consider Kodians as being Yamatain or not

I guess the issue is the Kodian shipyards (what corporation own them?) are a new, unproven manufacturer without the connections to the established shipbuilders of SARP and not part of the Star Army Military Industrial Complex.

One idea I had was to, if these are intended for Star Army service, make KFY the operator of the shipyard or joint operator so you get access to the technologies I was concerned about in my earlier post.

My head canon was that the Kodian shipyards was a joint Gashmere/Yam operation to start with in order to modernize and standardize Kodian shipbuilding in order to make them useful in the sense of mutual defense.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back