• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Kuvexian ST Tech?

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Some more information on Kuvexian ST would be highly appreciated! Currently all I know is that they can and do ST, but not much else. I don't want to ask too many leading questions, but some are nagging. Knowing if it's a vat of goo like Yamataians use or something different would be great. Knowing if they can heal with their ST tech in the way that hemosynth heals is of importance to me. Knowing the larger machinations of the process and how closely they compare to Yamataian ST tech would be appreciated. :D @Wes

I asked Wes about this quote:
"The individual Kuvexian seems to have a belief(possibly religious) in something they call 'the Next Life'."

He replied:
The funny thing is Candon thought it was about religion but I what I had in mind was the Kuvexian knew he would respawn.

That's about all I've gotten on it so far. If @Wes could fill in more I'd be super stoked

To be honest I haven't really fleshed it out so I'm happy to take you guys' suggestions and ideas. For the time being assume it works pretty close to what Yamatai has, in that they clone a replacement body and copy a mind into that body.

One idea I just had is that maybe they could have some method that has some of that Rixxikor flavor (the Rixxikor pass down personalities and genetic memories to their offspring) but I'm not sure how to work that in.

ST reffers to technology that digitizes and transfers a mind into a new body. So while not directly related to healing, it is healing adjacent. It is also in theory (but not in Star Army practice) possible to edit a digitized mind. This could heal mental issues... or cause them.

>I am asking to see how far removed copying the mind could be from the healing portion.

Pretty far removed I think.

>Is it possibly to create a copy of a ST, and not just create ST clones?

Yes, in fact it has been done to fork Sacre twice.

So the Kuvexians are not a carbon copy, I'd suggest them not having something like a bacta tank/Neko blood (insert Charlie Sheen reference). Maybe instead of digital minds they have a scanner that analyzes the chemical composition of the mind/body and "saves" the memories that way. When they clone the person, it is carbon copy of the last save.

Perhaps they can manipulate the clone to get rid of any illness at the time. Would suck having Mambo Flu again if at the time of the save you didn't know you were infected. Would be a treasure trove for those without digital minds.

For healing, maybe they have a purple healing ray. Lol

Haha alright. Purple healing ray sounds like a winner. I think an all encompassing one sounds neat: "Lay on this bed while the purple ray scans/copies you. You died? Purple ray will create a new you. You got hurt? Lay on this bed and the purple ray will repair you."

They could 3D print copies using raw genetic media. The more you pay, the more perfect the copy comes out.

Mostly joking.

I think ST is pretty unique enough (wasn't it elysian in nature before it was appropriated and retrofitted by yamatai? Did i read that somewhere?) that it should be exclusive a concept to yamatai and kuvexia should have a different way that compliments the style of big money like in a way raz suggested.

A way that is not really accessible to a lower stratum of their society but is available and used by the elite so the fodder remains fodder while the elite and wealthy and their chosen are a continual threat. Because just mass-cloning their armies to fill the ranks like you can do with neko is a bit cliche when there's always more slaves and indentured souls to fill your ranks from the worlds you tax and tithe. But you, a powerful kuvexian noble elite are an exception to the riff-raf common soldiery and can afford the greatest of medical technologies your near-endless coffers can afford in your pursuits of immortality and glory.

Offhand, one idea I just had is to crib a little bit from Borderlands 2, in that their ST machines are all owned by a few companies, and leased to the ships/government/military, so when a Kuvexian STs they have to either pay a fee or lease the body until they can afford to pay the rest of the fee off. Mostly just an idea for flavor, TBH.

Rules of Acquisition Number 23, First Edition: "Nothing is more important than your health… except for your money."

Beyond that, would the Kuvies even allow baseline soldiers to ST? Or would it be reserved for more important or elite units/people?

Going off of RP and the wiki on the Kuvexians, absolutely a baseline soldier can ST.

"The individual Kuvexian seems to have a belief(possibly religious) in something they call 'the Next Life'. This was said by a captured pilot shortly before he committed suicide. "

RPG-D RPGfix
Back