• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Kyūen school (Combat Search and Rescue School)

Locked_0ut

Convention Veteran
A more formalized training structure the Combat Search and Rescue portion of Spec Ops command. Currently no direct mentions in RP to the Kyūen school as fully formed but the prototype of the school where members of existing SCAR units were sent through Giretsu training exists. (Linked below) Additionally in the Solo RP Hearts and Minds, CSAR units can be seen deploying in ways that would become standard after the formation of SASO.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Is it just me or does the school not list its physical location or what it looks like?
Updated it. Currently the school is using existing facilities. Hopefully Fort Ingestrie can expand to serve as training facility for most SASO roles before they ship off to more specialized training.

It's a little strange that this is (I think) the first time I've heard about this, despite being the creator/manager of SASO. Not complaining though, given it looks like a great submission. I'm a little curious about the pins and how they play into things, as far as I know only Giretsu have used pins so far, with most MOS' using patches. I've been meaning to chat with someone about SASO professions using pins too, but it looks like that's what your going for and there's no objections to it so far so that's good. I don't know about the "customary SASO triple flower emblem", as I don't believe SASO has an emblem like that currently (it sounds like the Giretsu emblem?). Again, not complaining about an emblem, sounds like a nice idea, but something we could have designed together or with other people who have contributed to SASO too. Finally, Fort Hikari has been used historically as the primary SASO training Fort (Rangers and Kamirakurai doing stuff there IC), rather than Ingestrie?

as I know only Giretsu have used pins so far, with most MOS' using patches. I've been meaning to chat with someone about SASO professions using pins too,
Same placement. Inspired by their pins. I thought I remember you talking to Demi about making flower pins for other SASO units. I decided to work out something for the CSAR guys. I wrote that under the assumption that eventually each SASO unit would have their own flower.
Finally, Fort Hikari has been used historically as the primary SASO training Fort (Rangers and Kamirakurai doing stuff there IC), rather than Ingestrie?
I was using Ingestrie mostly because the first leg shares a lot with Giretsu school, but honestly it can go anywhere. Being able to share instructors and facilities seems like a pretty helpful thing in universe.

I wrote that under the assumption that eventually each SASO unit would have their own flower.
That's right and pretty much slipped my mind, thank you for reminding me, I will have to work on that. Maybe I could do 3-flowers for Sword's Edge, 2-flowers for Spear's Tip and 1-flower for Needle's Point. Many ideas.

Being able to share instructors and facilities seems like a pretty helpful thing in universe.
There's a Giretsu school at Hikari, and it's once system over from SASO's administrative centre in Valentine. Hikari was made to be a sorta-experimental training Fort for new ideas and innovations, so there's a branch from pretty much every educational body in the SAOY there, including the medical school. I don't mind too much where you envision them being trained, just thought I'd point it out :)

That's right and pretty much slipped my mind, thank you for reminding me, I will have to work on that. Maybe I could do 3-flowers for Sword's Edge, 2-flowers for Spear's Tip and 1-flower for Needle's Point. Many ideas.
I know I just decided to give people a flower after completing a leg of training (well first you have to earn your blank diamond) I got super interested in learning japanese flower meanings when I did this. Maybe Higanbana (Red spider lily) for TANTO. It's a graveyard flower.

There's a Giretsu school at Hikari, and it's once system over from SASO's administrative centre in Valentine. Hikari was made to be a sorta-experimental training Fort for new ideas and innovations, so there's a branch from pretty much every educational body in the SAOY there, including the medical school. I don't mind too much where you envision them being trained, just thought I'd point it out :)
that actually sounds better and would streamline a lot of the training. I'm not too attached to any one location.

I know I just decided to give people a flower after completing a leg of training (well first you have to earn your blank diamond) I got super interested in learning japanese flower meanings when I did this. Maybe Higanbana (Red spider lily) for TANTO. It's a graveyard flower.

that actually sounds better and would streamline a lot of the training. I'm not too attached to any one location.
I'll let you have the final say about where the school should be. You're more familiar with the ins and outs of SASO

RPG-D RPGfix
Back