• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Kyopelinvuori Diplomacy

Soresu

Azorean Space
Sudran
Kyopelinvuori

There was a slight drizzle today as the entire window of Aaki's ovular office that sat nestled in the South Eastern part of the center of the city, one of which that was in a mild state of celebration. The Makuzhar had arrived on the planet, one whose only city's surface was poulated by the Makuzhar's people, the Iromakuanhe.

The once-exclusively reclusive Iromakuanhe people were now in places far-flung from and nearby to the Iruotl system, such as the diplomatic city of Kyope that resided on the water planet of Sudran in Azorean space, a city of sky-scrapers that touched the slate clouds overhead and ARTC domes that allowed the visitors to watch as the never-ending rain cycles splattered overhead.

The slight drizzle on Aaki's office window was there as the door opened to it and in came a man of the Temple Guard, wearing their standard uniform complete with the white flak cloak which was quite the contrast to their olive-hued complexion. He gave the Office a cursory inspection, seemingly satisfied.

Aaki Loleth, coming through the central doorway of the room, entered with her eyes behind her, not towards her office, as she walked through and towards one of the two desks in the room that she had come to call her own in the past many months. Soon, though, she was looking away from her guests that were leaving the expansive elevator and went towards the Porun tree wood desk that she typically sat at.

This time, though, she offered her own sitting area behind the desk, back to a bookshelf that partially obstructed the overarching windows of the room.

"Makuzhar Orin Suran," Aaki said in a low voice as she pulled the chair out from under the desk and towards herself.

As the Makuzhar entered, his guardian took up near the door, eyes roving over the room. Orin Suran himself, however, moved with a deft stride, his sole adornment was a small, silver pin upon the tie of his suit. He wore a soft, amicable smile nodding to the young woman's greeting.

"Madam Loleth," he greeted with a small bow.

From inside of the elevator came one more guest, an Elven diplomat from the planet of Yamatai's Embassy Park. There was little precedent to her people meeting with an Iromakuanhe, but today was a historic day, it seemed, as she entered.

Her dress was ostentatious, bubbling outwards in grand, sweeping motions as its white and pink layers of cloth undulated outwards. Her silvery hair was brought to wrap around her head once before it was brought closer to the crown of the head and came inwards, only to spill out of a high bun, Her sleeved arms came from two slits in the sides of her pastel dress and hung down at her sides while her head moved about, looking at the room before settling back on the Iomakuanhe diplomats settling in.

Aaki moved away from the Makuzhar and said, "I thank you both," as she moved to pull the second chair out from the side of the desk that faced the Iromakuanhe leader and brought the chair out, which the robed Elf nodded curtly to being sat in, "for meeting with me on this auspicious day."

Offering a curt nod and murmured greeting to the Elf, Orin took his seat after which he smoothed a wrinkle from his suit jacket. "Of course. It is a pleasure to be in the presence of our friends from Yamatai." he was all calm and poise.

Sachiko looked across from her and her head lowered slightly at Orin's graceful greeting and returned the gesture by saying, "As it is a pleasure to come to be in the presence of yours, Makuzhar Orin Suran." Aaki sat to the left of Sachiko, who went on, "I believe there are phrases of your culture I have picked up on through my time at the Nariman Terraces. Perhaps our ancestors will dream of this day?"

Smiling a little, the Makuzhar nodded in agreement. "Perhaps so," he politely put, his tone friendly. "How may we be of assistance to Yamatai? I apologize, but my briefing was well. . . rather brief." Orin clasped his hands together on the desk, looking from one woman to the other and back again.

"There is a need for a way in which to enrich the lives of many while taking from those of none. I would like to know how your nation sees itself benefiting from a relationship with Yamatai in which these needs are met," Sachiko said to the head of state. "It may be question that has not been asked of you, yet."

Orin thought for a moment, quiet as he was save for the whisper of breathing. "This was part of why we requested the ability to build Nariman Terraces. To showcase our culture, offer an insider's look as you will along with curios and artisanal goods that we ourselves use upon our worlds. We freely share such things with not only Yamatai but those allowed on your verdant world as well. If such needs are not being met, or have been overlooked, I am sure we can find the problem and fix it."

"However," the man began, "I would like to hear any suggestions you, yourself and government may have and see if we cannot come to some agreement."

"Nariman Terraces are a shining example of the welcoming quality I myself would like to imbue daily," she replied. "There is a wealth of knowledge and generosity of the Iromakuanhe there that I have found unparalleled, up until touching down on this planet. The city of Kyope is showing me that the Terraces are indicative of what transpires within Iromakuanhe society. It is enlightening to be both places and to have you share on this level is awe-inspiring."

Sachiko went on, "But I do have my ideas and my concepts. They are nothing in comparison to what your people as whole may want, though. Perhaps what my leading question should have been less ambiguously phrased. You see, I am looking to know what you need and not to tell you what you should be giving."

"While we desire peace, and have attained it with your nation. Individually, our people's desires vary widely. Polls on our own public networks have raged for years. Some desire to learn more of the peoples of the Kikyo Sector, some wish to live among you. Others still believe we should isolate ourselves in light of the previous NMX War, and now with this new species, the Kuvexians."

That last had been on discussion boards since the Iromakuanhe had first heard of the increasing tensions in the Sector along with this new threat. "Yet the overwhelming consensus is that we remain in contact, share with our neighbors, Yamatai included." with that said, he did meet the woman's eyes. "Yet I am still curious as to your ideas and concepts, madam. It may be that we both could find something agreeable."

"An embassy is the first thing I ask to be placed, in order to strengthen ties between cultures. Would one on this city be of interest to yourselves?" the Elf asked. She moved her head slightly and her cascading hair shifted on her white and pink dresses' back while from her peripherals she saw the rain tapping against the ARTC windows in great multitude.

Aaki looked with pursed red lips to the Makuzhar after having been watching the pale Yamataian figure while she made her first request.

"Yamatai is more than welcome to construct one here." the Makuzhar stated.

"I speak for myself only when I say I would like this, you see," Sachiko said, but had six years worth of time spent at the Embassy Park, which had only been open six years. She had the ability to make this claim that it would be in everyone's interest.

"What are your improvements with what I hear is called the diaspora?" Sachiko asked.

If he was taken aback by mentions of the Commonwealth's wayward kin, he did not show it. The VIA had made it blatantly clear that information would begin to leak eventually with Kyopelinvuori being what it was. Still, he did not like to air the Commonwealth's dirty laundry. He decided to push forward.

"Progress has been slow going. Such is the way with these things. We, of course, will continue to do as much as we can in regard to that particular issue."

"That particular issue is likely soon to be one of the past," the diplomatic Elf said. "I am sure of it. With the involvement of your famed Frame Runners that I have heard a deal about. I have no doubt that any problems the Iromakuanhe face on that issue will find a time to come to pass." Sachiko, too, pressed on and asked, "What level of knowledge does the Iromakuanhe people have of the Kikyo Sector and the species within it?"

In truth, they knew a good ideal about the Sector, in large part from specific VIA operational cells within the Sector as well as information from the Freespacers. Since making themselves known to the wider galactic community they had learned a great deal more. "We know of the various races. All thanks to the mutual sharing of information garnered through diplomacy."

He rolled his shoulders a little, "As well as the political climate. We are concerned with the Kuvexian threat to the Sector, however."

Sachiko's gray brows tucked towards one another and then her colorful eyes closed and she spoke, "They are the handlers of the races I speak of. There have been attacks throughout the Kikyo Sector of varying nature. To share all of what has happened is all I can do. Saying what will happen, I am not at liberty to discuss. What's more, though, is that the concern is not widespread and throughout the populace, yet."

"Like an epidemic, worry, and concern, fear and terror can sweep through nations and rupture the culture's trust in what will be. The trouble we face cannot be the trouble our people face, too. We must bear that load for them." Sachiko looked to Orin as she spoke, then to Aaki after she had finished before letting her eyes fall to her lap momentarily. Finally, they were back on the Makuzhar, flanked by the rainy windows of the diplomatic office.

"But to curb that with strong and unified ties amongst nations for all to see is something that can curb that fragmenting of trust a society has in its future, do you agree?" Sachiko asked.

Orin kept his expression impassive. "This is certainly true. A populace unified is a powerful thing. More so with allies."

"Do you wish to become more close allies with your neighboring nations?" Sachiko asked as the word was brought up. "Kyope is indicative of that, so perhaps the city answers my question. Despite that, hearing from the head of state the true nature of things is singular."

"As of now, I cannot say for certain until a meeting of our government is held." Orin stated, "While I would certainly welcome closer ties to our friends and allies, but as I have said, such a thing would require a meeting of our various government officials for this is a major step. One I believe we may take forward for the betterment of all parties involved."

Sachiko clasped her hands after she had moved them away from the sides of her thighs and nodded in a slow, demure fashion. "These are ideas and hopes we speak of right now, but it is something we can speak more formally on in the future. There will be an International Relations Conference this year and I hope to see you there. To be a part of the proceedings, the ones that will inevitably lead to the betterment of all parties that you speak of, will be matchless in its importance for both ro us."

"Such is my thoughts exactly, I will try to attend, however the Conference has usually been handled by our own High Guardian, Ahrim Eehrish Anyu Cu'Seddir. But I will try to make the effort should my various duties can be put aside for a time." It was the best he could do. "Tell me, will Premier Yuumi Ketsurui be in attendance this year? The good Ahrim speaks highly of her."

"I can only guarantee my own attendance," Sachiko said with little remark in her eyes. Then, she continued, "I look forward to speaking highly of you to Ahrim Eehrish Anyu Cu'Seddir, the High Guardian and someone who has managed to seep into some of the mythos of the Park," Sachiko said warmly.

Orin nodded, "He is a good man. However, should I manage to tear myself away from my duties, I will certainly look for you at the conference. I believe it is as good a place as any for the various leaders to get to know one another. Such is what I have heard."

"Such as this place is," Sachiko said before asking a question. "Would you mind me asking even more questions of you when I am in a position to make more strides forward able to be accomplished? There are concepts and questions I don't believe this is the time for, but they still remain."

The Makuzhar made a gesture, lifting a hand, then clasping it on the table once more. "Of course. I am happy to speak to our neighbors as I am able. If you should wish to do so, please do not hesitate to set up an appointment. I will make myself available."

"I will be more than available, as well." Sachiko stood, as did Aaki Loleth, who spoke out.

"It was important for our two people to meet today, thank you for speaking and," Aaki said, "may your ancestors awaken to see what you've become."

Sachiko smiled knowingly, now, and her pale opalescent eyes searched Aaki's for a moment until finding what she was looking for; it was the same hope for the future she held. The Elf looked to the Makuzhar and tilted her head so that her eyes were averted. Her index and middle finger of one hand went to her collarbone as she spoke.

"Touch divine, until we next meet..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back