• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Kyousou Institute of Technology

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
Submission Type: College
Submission URL: Kyousou Institute of Technology

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: Something I had been working on, figured it was time to add it as part of the details for Yamatai, and Kyousou.

I like it ... but backfilling this into the history means we've got to explain why no current characters cite going there.

Since most Yamataian characters are Neko anyway, maybe we can say it's for Yamataians only? Barely any Neko are in Kyousou anyway. That doesn't explain the lack of Nepleslian characters going there, but Kyousou's pretty small and the institute likely is expensive even with scholarships.

I have for the time being added a line stating that attendance is limited to citizens of the Empire.

As for why not many characters have it in their past. Not really a problem, overall the Star Army is probably 99% Nekos. So the remaining are mixed between Yamataian, Geshrin, Nepleslian, and lately Elysians.

I did some checking of the wiki and actually found that a bunch of characters have attending college in their history, but since for the longest time the only documented educational institutions were all military they had nothing to point to. This makes the second 'documented' school for a planet of billions. There are probably plenty of others just not documented.

And as with RL scholarships while available are given to a very few deserving individuals. As for Nepleslians, they are perfectly welcome, but it is also possible that given the typical Nepleslian mindset that they would find the Institute not to their liking.

Thank you for taking the time to help flesh out the setting. These types of submissions are just as important as warships and guns, and also more rare to see in the NTSE.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back