• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Kyro] Help from the Unexpected

Z

Zack

Western space/ independant station/noon......

The station was rough and in some ways uncared for, small spots of rust evident on the hull, and a creaking moan could be heard as the kinetic waves from passing thrusters caused said hull to vibrate. It's inhabitants and visitors did not seem to care however as the station was full of activity. So much to the point it was cramped, and bumping into others was a constant. The umbilical shuddered as it met the ship it latched to with a thump, its occupants entering a few moments later.

Kyro walks out first, he's wearing his osmanian uniform, which has been kept clean. He has a Fatboy on his right hip, an IBR on his back, and a modified yamatainium long sword on his left hip in its leather hilt. "Hurry up Lora, we don't have all day to be hanging out in that blasted tub. Lord knows that I don't like the damn things."

Lora hurries out of the ship after Kyro carrying multiple blueprints for weapon schematics. She has a conventional pistol on her left thigh and two combat knifes hidden in her left and right boot. "I'm hurrying, I just need to keep working in this, I know you don't like the ship but it's our only way there. Sorry hunny."

Both of them walk into the main area to try and find some place to eat and sit down.

The station's main atrium was the center activity, and center of commerce. Shops, food stands, and even a couple full restaurants filled the large space that spanned several decks. Everything could be found for sale here, guns, food, general items, and other objects could be seen from most cultures and races. Near to the docks was a diner like establishments, the smells of foods from more than one background wafted out of it's wide entrance. The seating didn't look too bad, and the food looked palatable. It was well populated, but empty seats could be seen.

Lora points out the reasturant, "Look! There's a seat, let's go!" She quickly dashes over to the empty table and sits down. "Come on what are you waiting for!" She calls out waving to Kyro who just stands there with a surprised look on his face, he's never seen her run that fast.

Kyro starts to walk over to the seat, anyone who bumped into him he would ignore and continue. As he approached the table he sits down. "What do they sell here?"

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it smells great!" She shows a big smile that Kyro couldn't help but cracking a smirk.

A man sat in the far corner, sipping some sort of drink, he woud not seem out of place normally, but he was dressed much nicer than the usual spacers that ambled about. He wore black jeans, a white T-shirt, and a black leather jacket with some kind of logo. Shades hid his eyes, which did not take away from his snow white hair which made him stand out. He had a pistol on each hip, and upon close observation, one might see the combat knife he had holstered in a horizontal lower back holster. Something about the man's appearance would seem familiar, and it almost seemed as if he was watching them, but it was hard to tell.

Lora would get up and look for someone who would sell food at the restraunt. "Hello? Does anyone here sell?"

A waitress would walk up, dressed in modest clothes, the place's owner apparently too cheap to buy uniforms.

"Hello, what can I get ya today?", she asked in a forced cheery voice as she handed menus out to the pair.

Lora would notice the forced smile and then give her a genuine one, "I guess this place is not so nice to its employees them I would assume miss. It's a tough world out here." She would nod at Kyro after stating that then she would look over the menu.

Kyro looks at the menu, "I've never heard of hald this stuff? I guess a Captain's Sandwich?"

Lora would look at him and say, "Oh you wouldn't like that, it's too sweat for you, try the soup, it's more your style."

Kyro just sighs and nods.

"Alright, so two soups?"

Lora looks up cheerfully and says, "That's Right!"

The waitress jotted down the order, "Anything to drink?"

Before Lora could say anything Kyro stats quickly and almost like he was aggitated, "A stiff drink, and she will have water. We don't want another Greatfield again."

Lora just nods and goes to work on one of her schematics.

Writing the last items down on her pad, she sent it to the kitchen with a flick of her stylist, "Well it's not all bad here, we do get some charitable souls occasionally. Rarely, but occasionally. I hear the waitress who served the gentleman in the corner, was tipped very well. He didn't even order much, just showed up a few before you two did and ordered a drink. Personally I don't like it, because it's like he's waiting for something."

Lora is too busy writing her schematic to pay attention, Kyro would say, "Well, appologies. We're not really rolling in cash, however." He reaches into his uniform pocket. "You can have one of these. It's from my days of service in Osmania on 188604, before Uso." He hands her a Dead King, a golden coin with the Osmanian king on it. "It's nothing significant, you space people call it artifacts, so it might be worth something to a buyer." He gives a small smirk. He then turns around to look for that man she was talking about.

Jack was enjoying whatever kind of bourbon it was they had given him, which it wasn't bad, but he had had better. It wasn't his first time here, and it seemed fate would see to it that it wasn't his last visit. He glanced back over towards the people he had been following, the man in a very old uniform from before his arrival to the USO, and the woman who reminded him of his wife in how she poured over papers and blueprints. He noticed the man now watching him, but he didn't worry. For the most part he was just checking into the woman's less then tactful departure from 604. The man had drawn his curiousity however.

He gave a slight wave, his expression neutral, which in part from how Jack was watching status reports and vid feeds hacked into on the station. Jack questioned if paying the waitress to maybe mention him would work like he wanted, either way it mattered little.

"Neera, do we have anything on record about these people? Anything at all? I'm not expecting much given the state things were in prior to the USO's take over, but come on give me a bone here. The woman met with Psychopomp, and I want to know why.", Jack said quietly returning to the pad in his hand which was actually blank.

"Did you seriously just make a dog joke? Be glad I love you dad, otherwise i'd smack you for that. Anyways the man is a vet from 188604's pre-military, whatever counted as one. He was a Lieutenant, but other than that, I got nothing else. The woman was a researcher at the time, though not very well known, she had some very unorthodox designs. They were very good ideas, she did work that if from our department, would have made you proud.", Neera said over the comm line as she browsed a shop across the way from the store. The wolf anthro's face bared a smile as she enjoyed the visit to someplace new.

"Alright, stay focused. And pay attention, i'll get you something later.", Jack said before disengaging the line.

Kyro would turn back to Lora and still see her wearing the ring he gave her on her left ring fingure. "Been years, hasn't it."

Lora would look up and notice his direction of attention, "Oh, well you did save my life twice. I guess it would be fate I would choose you." She smiles and goes back to her paper.

Kyro would start to think something was up with that man, 'what does he want from us, is it me? No, I'm too irrelevant to them, plus, not like they would know much, they burned my archives when they invaded. Could it be a Psycopomop assasin? Maybe, or is he after Lora, too many possibilities." He would direct his attention back to the waitress, "Just make sure you remember us, it's not everyday you see people from a backwater planet that carry multiple artifacts." He would smirk.

Jack continued to wactch, but he was getting tired of the damn heat. These junk stations, never kept up on ventilation maintenance, and he was feeling it. He took off his shades for a moment to wipe his brow, revealing crimson eyes. "Where's your uncle?", Jack asked Neera.

"Last I checked he was going to do some research, how i dunno, but that's what he said.", she replied stopping to look around for him,

"Ight, so I was digging through some data I managed to piece together with the help of some of our logistics boys. Most records seem to have either been lost, or destroyed from pre-Uso. But. Family records survived, especially newer ones which had copies in the local area where ceremonies were held. Kyro Draguun and Lora Kingsley. The two are married. Not sure if that was helpful, or not, but it's something.", Mark said his feet kicked up while lounging back at a cafe like place one floor up. His jeans, blue dress shirt open, and white tank top much better for the temperature, "You know I got this bro."

"Okay that gives us a name, but not an answer. *sigh* i'm getting tired of waiting here.", Jack said annoyed.

The waitress returned with two bowls and cups on a server tray, "Here you go, enjoy." she said again with a fake tone of cheer before walking off again.

Kyro and Lora would begin to eat their soup, none on them spoke. Kyro had his plan layed ouyt after thinking it over. 'Alright, I just have to ignore them, plus we need to refuel anyway, that means either I leave her here or I put her on the ship', he glances back at Jack. "Hey Lora, I'm going to get us refueled, comming or staying?"

She looks up and says with a cheery look, "Oh you go have fun, I'll join you later, I really want to complete my new Rail gun tech!"

Kyro would chug down the soup and drink very quickly then get up and start to walk off to one of the clothing shops. he would wisper under his breath, "God I hope this works."

Neera would notice the man leave and approach the shop just nearby to the one she stood outside of, she began to follow, "Hey he's heading for a clothes shop."

"Oh yay, he's on to us. Good job jack, super spy are you.", Mark said with a slow clap only he would hear.

"Shut up Mark, it doesn't matter. We aren't here to take them into custody, just figure what's up, and see if it's something that's an oppurtunity.", Jack said runnig a hand down his goatee in frustration.

Kyro would start to walk around the clothing store, he would grab some pants and shirts then go up and pay for them. After he finished shoping in there he would begin to walk around still staying in eye shot of Lora, "Sweet King, My Eternal King, I swear my loyalty to thee, I am your horse and your sword, I am a Draguun." he would continue to say that as he patrols the area looking for anyone else who might be with Jack.

Mark actually now leaned over the railing of the upper floor watching the man walk around, never losing sight of him, "Does he seriously not know this is YE40. He's gotta know he's marked right?"

Jack wanted to just go home now, "I don't really give a damn, follow him alright. The army back then wasn't exactly tech savy."

Neera quickly went in the direction she saw the man go in, "Yeah well not everyone can have a Geist. Jerks."

She frantically searched for a sight of Kyro, but ended up running into him instead. She fell to her rump dropping her comm link, the 6'2 wolf girl having hit the 6'11 of a wall of a man. She almost looked panicked as she realized who she ran into, "eep"

Kyro would look down and see the comm link on the floor, "So, It's you that's his assistant. He picks up the comm link and crushes it in his hands. Then drops what's left. He reaches out one hand offering to pick her up.

Mark saw the collision coming and quickly scrambled to reach the lower floor. He took a reckless short cut by dropping over the railing into the crowd to run over. Needless to say this caused a scene even as he ran up. "Alright, better watch what you do next buddy. I don't take kindly to people hurting my niece."

Neera looked up at the offered hand in a mix of confusion and surprise, "Um, do you treat everyone watching you this nice?" she said accepting the hand.

Jack just sighed and downed his drink," Take your brother they said, Take your daughter she said, get them out of the house. I knew this was a terrible idea. Void I miss Sarah."

Kyro would keep his stone hard face and lift her up then turn toward Mark. "Don't you know it's rude to stalk people. Just remember that for next time ok kids?" He would then smile then walk over to the fueling station without a care in the world, walking with composure. He would place his hand over his ear and say into his comms, "It's time to go Lora, too much attention has been drawn to us."

Lora still in her seat would nod, grab her stuff, then start to make her way over to the fuelinbg station.

Mark and Neera still followed, "Hey old dude, one she and I are both 21, and two we still need to talk to you."

Jack followed the woman Lora, not even bothering to hide, or be stealthy, "Are you two done screwing around. My evil clone sneaks better than you two, you Mark are just less of an asshole."

Kyro and Lora would meet up and then face the three, Kyro would say, "I don't know who you are, and I think I have an idea. And if I'm right." He rest his hand on his Fatboy.

Mark would already have a pistol up as soon as his hand touched the Fatboy, his enhanced reflexes for once being useful.

Neera scooted behind Mark, "Yeah, next time i'm staying home, I got shot at enough on the last mission against Psychopomp."

Jack just sighed again, "You aren't the diplomatic type are ya. Ok, I'd love to hear who you think we work for."

Kyro would keep his hand on his Fatboy, "Well I already ruled out one idea, that raid Romonav did on you guy's was less then acceptable. So, that only leaves one person who you can be, USO. Now what do you want from us?"

Jack's eyebrow twitched slightly, as he was trying to keep his composure, but it wasn't working. "Not acceptable? That son of bitch Lazarus didn't raid us. He broke into MY home, took MY son, killed my pregnant sister, and sent me to the ICU. So I would suggest you make your next choice of words very wisely. Psychopomp is on my shit list and we know you've had contact with them. Your wife wasn't very discreet about leaving, so it's an understatement to say she sent up a red flag. Not only do we know, but Psychopomp most likely knows as well. The rest of the USO doesn't know, only S6. So tell me what is their new plan."

Mark pulled Neera closer behind him, more worried about jack then the man before him, "Calm down, keep your anger in check. We don't even know if they are with them. They could hate them as much as we do."

Kyro would chuckle a little bit then nod to Lora. Lora would hand Kyro her stuff and then whe would take a step forward. "Kyro was kidnapped by Psychopomp, you think he had a choice who ordered him around after that? They had genetic and cybernetic enhansments. He didn't. He didn't do anything against his code of honor. which if you even read the royal families, you would see one of archives that STILL exist is that of the Draguuns, the horse riders of the Osmanian military. He may not be Royalty, but his family covered enemies in blood if they did something UNACCEPTABLE." She would take a second to regain her thoughts. "And me, why did I leave? Because I knew he was missing, so I went to what seemed to be a resaerch company that might help me later after I get the money, then I see him in the rec room lifing 400lb bench press. So we got the hell out of dodge when we could."

"Yeah, seems to be a common theme these days with them. I don't doubt your story as many in our group have similar. S6 established itself to turn that sandbox into a home, building a neighborhood, making new break throughs in tech for the people. Uso still sits on her pretty little throne without a care, but we are actually working for something. And at every turn that den of corruption seeks to stop us.", Mark said holstering his pistol.

"At least you don't have them making clones of you. They like to take the worst of those they take and twist it further. I will admit I know nothing off your family, and that may not be an acceptable apology from a man who never knew his own, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Uso may have changed the planet, which was before my arrival, but i still want to protect it. For our people-", he took a moment to look at Mark and Neera, "and for my family. So forgive our intrusion, but we are just wanting to protect what we hold dear.", Jack said having calmed himself.

Kyro takes his hand off his Fatboy and crosses his arms, "So, what do you want?"

"Well, we don't really want anything we just wanted to make sure you weren't with goonpomp, though we are curious to know what brings you so far out into western space.", Mark stated rubbing the back of his neck.

Kyro would Whisper to Lora, "Fill up the ship, I think its fine to tell them." she would turn to Kyro with a conserned look but still go. Kyro would look back at them and say, "We found something, something big, something not to talk about in public about. It's on our ship, Lora can explain everything else because I don't understand what she talks about half the time."

"Mark take my daughter back to the ship, no need for all of us to remain. I'll catch up later after I finish talking to them.", Jack said to the two.

"Yes commander, come on let's go and call your mother to let her know we'll be home in a while.", Mark answered back as he lead the wolf anthro girl Neera away.

Kyro would walk to the transport frigate and enter it. It's in the control room. He enters the control room and Lora is messing with the map.

Lora looks up, "Just give me a minute and I'll get it up on the map again, this damn ship is old so I have to mess with it a bit."

"Not a problem, Nepleslian ships were not much better when I served. I understand older ships like to be finnicky at best.", Jack said looking over the map in it's current state.

Lora finnaly got the map to work, It shows a map of a new system. "It's the Kyzu System, now look at it when I turn on this filter." She presses a button most of the planets glow in multiple colors. "You know what that is... um, Mark?" She looks at Jack not remembering his name.

"Jack ma'm, my name is Jack Pine, my brother was Mark. But to me it looks like an old style of spectral analysis, which is not used much anymore with newer sensor packages. I am not an expert, so I will definetly say i might be wrong.", Jack said looking it over and scanning it through his eyes, most of the data he was getting was outdated.

"Well, Jack, those signatures are for minerals and reasources, gold, iron, platinum, silicon, tin, it keeps going. Exept these two." she pressed another button and two planets glow green, on is much brighter than the other. "That's life signatures."

Kyro butt in, "We know its complex life because of random radio sygnals that shoot out from the planet. We plan to head there to investigate, and hopefully, claim it."

Lora would turn to Kyro, "You really are dead set on making your own galactic entity don't you."

"How do you plan on doing this without, guns, ships, or troops, because diplomacy only gets you so far?", Jack asked raising and eyebrow.

Lora smiles, "Well, diplomacy was our plan." She seems to be feeling a bit unsettled.

"And it's not now?", Jack asked eyebrow raised further.

Kyro sighs, "Listen, we've been thinking of plan after plan, but we just need that extra Ohmf to get anything. Besides, we figured out... other factors."

"So yes back to guns, ships, and troops? Which im happy to lend.", his eyebrow lowered slightly.

Kyro quickly says, "If you do, I would assume this isn't a cherity. What's in it for you?"

"Let us be your supplier. That's it. To be honest i'm not doing this because i want a empire, i don't like the ones we have already. I'm hoping whatever you're building is better.", Jack said with a shrug.

Kyro nods then sticks out this hand, "Alright, I'll accept your aid in my mission."

"Alright, it might be good to meet who you'll be working with. May i suggest a rendezvous with the troops?", Jack asked as he accepted the hand.

"Exactly what I was about to say, now where do you plan the meet up?" Kyro shakes it then brakes off.

"I'll send a signal for the fleet to meet us about half way enroute, we will get there first, so it will be a couple minutes until they arrive after. For now, You, me, and the frigate I came in on will head to the meeting point if this is okay with you?", Jack asked his organic irises glowing for a moment as he sent the coordinates to their nav computer.

"Sounds like a plan, meet you there." Kyro walks over to Lora to help her out with anything.

Lora looks up at Jack, "Thanks for helping us, We'll meet you there!"

Jack gave a nod and disembarked, immediately giving orders to make way as he exited the umbilical.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western Space/ location (error)/ evening......

The freighter Kyro and Lora controlled waited with the S6 frigate USV-Black Dragon hanging in space to its port. Both only having arrived a few minutes ago, and now waited for the rest of S6 fleet to arrive.

"Lateral drift under 0.3, no anomalies detected, all systems are green. Commander, signal coming in....It's the approach vector of friendlies. 36 IFFs detected, jump exit signatures incoming."

"Alright, flash them the all clear signal.", Jack said to his bridge navigator before opening a line to ISS-Bin, "Jack here, they're arriving now. Adjust for gravitational vibrations, there's gonna be a lot of ships."

Jack returned his gaze to the holo sphere showing the region of space, yellow triangles rapidly popping up as jump exit points were detected. Jack had changed since coming back aboard, now wearing his Revenant power armor, helmet under his arm.

More of the same frigate would appear as if ripped from other place to appear before the two ships. 24 USO-SS1 heavy frigates amassed in the local region of space. Next 10 Broadsword light cruiser would also be ripped into the local space, almost double the size of the frigates that appeared before. Finally two giant ships broke forth from the barrier of distorted space back to reality, the two battle carriers the largest of the fleet and dwarfed the other ships considerably.

"S6 fleet to USV-Black dragon, this is XO Casdan to Commander Pine, relieving command to present superior. Welcome back sir."

"Good to be back, transferring to the USV-Hammer.", Jack added as he headed to the hangar to board his S6-XM1 and move to the Hammer.

Lora and Kyro both stand in the main deck and watch as these massive ships fly in. Lora comments, "Well, we asked for help, but I didn't espect this. This is something else."

Kyro looks out and try's to use the ships comms, "USV-Black Dragon, this is ISS-Bin. Do you hear me?"

"This is commander Pine in process of transferring from Black Dragon to the Hammer. You want to try Diplomacy with backup this time, or are we going live? it's up to you, i'm here to back you, it's your show.", Jack said as he climbed into the cockpit of his machine.

"Alright, let's head out then, someone is going to have to scan the planet again at close range, our long range ones only spoted life, not where it's concentrated." Kyro said over the comms.

"Alright, I'll have Black Dragon to a fly by with stealth systems engaged. That will give us a much clearer picture of what to expect. You want me to just send the data to your ship?", Jack said as he climbed out of the hangar and spread his mechanical wings igniting his particle thrusters.

"I don't this I can pilot this thing anymore, it's becoming too much for me, damn it, I'm a weapons designer not a ship pilot." Lora calls over the radio while trying to keep the ship funtioning.

"Transfer to the USV-anvil, you can use it as your command center.", Jack said as he climbed into the Hammer's hangar and disembarked.

Lora looks back at the comms and says, "Alright, but could you tell them to come over as well, I'm running amillion things over here by myself, and Kyro has no vehicle experiance so he can only help so much."

"Confirmed, Anvil, move to assist. Help them out.", Jack said entering the bridge. Anvil began to move closer to the ISS-Bin until it drew up next to it and a umbilical was attached.

"And we are latched, ready for boarding. Shall we tug the ship with us for repairs, and reservice?"

Kyro get's on the comms, "I don't care what you do with it I need of this thing, Lora's going to get sick with all this movement." Kyro then starts to head to the door and grabs Lora with him. Lora already had all of her stuff with her so they were packed and ready to go.

"I guess we salvage it, or save it as a.....yeah I dunno."

"Yeah Carl that's why you never get to leave the comms station."

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, Kyro and Lora are the go to on what our actions are going to be. Now send the Black Dragon on a sensor run, and have them use ECS.", Jack said directing from his chair on the Hammer's bridge.

As Kyro and Lora board the ship, Lora goes nuts, "Oh my god look at all the weapons systems!" She starts to look around the bridge and oberving the controls. Kyro walks to the center and asks, "Alright, who pilots this? I also would like information about the ship if anyone could give that." Kyro places one hand on the hilt of his sword and the other is behind his back.

One of the bridge crew rolls over with a pad, a display of the ship with all systems listed.

"This is the USV-Anvil, secondary flag ship of the Section 6 fleet. Main gun capable of ripping a mega mishu a new one, and enough anti-ship batteries to make anyone not in a dreadnought have a very bad day. Our hangars can hold 200 fighters and other small craft. This ship is composed of 45 decks, with manufacturing and fabricating facilities, and a mall like recreational center. Bunks are spacious, as well as the Captain's quarters. This ship is top of the line sir.", The XO said stepping forward, "My name is Rorik and I will be your XO."

Kyro looks at Rorik, "Great, I'm sure Lora would love to hear more about this ships fightting capabilities, however right now I need to know about ground troops, numbers equipment, are there different trining for them or are they all the same. I mean are some are elite or not. If they're all the best of the best, even better. My name is Kyro-vek Draguun. I suppose I will be in command of this little science project we have here. One last thing I would like to ask for is a set of body armor at least." He gesters toward his clothes. "I don't want my uniform damaged, nor do I think it can stop a knife, let alone a bullet."

Lora looks over the systems list was was provided.

"Yes sir, for the first questions. We have currently 400 troopers armed with USO-MWS1's, or "Mavericks". They can be configured as either carbines, pistols, smgs, or heavy sniper rifles. They fire .455 and .455 slag rounds which is a favored hand cannon round. All troops receive top training, and are equipped in full Revenant power armor. We can have you fitted for one sir. We of course carry sidearms as well, the USO-P1, a gas operated 45 acp pistols. The rest of our forces consist of autonomous units, fighters and mechs.", Rorik answered.

Kyro looks impressed, "That's great, now get all non essential personel to run the ship and every soldier including fighter pilots in the main hanger, I want to brief them, Personally."

"Aye aye sir!", Rorik answered with a salute before stepping away to make the announcement.

Kyro nods and heads to the main hanger, "Lora you comming?"

She looks at Kyro, "Nah, I'll be staying here honey, I want to check the rest of their list."

The troops and pilots gathered in the hangar as requested, all in various states of being equipped in revenant power armor. they stood and shuffled waiting to see what they had been gathered for.

Kyro stands up straight, providing the best impression of himself for them all to see. "Does anyone know why I called anyone down here? Go ahead, someone ask."

One trooper who sat on a crate the armor pieces of his arms not equipped, and his helmet off raised his hand, "Well considering our last mission was to kick some Psychopomp and NMX mishuu ass, I suspect the same this time? I mean we just got here. Who are you?"

Mark was nearby off to the side, in just a pair of black cargo pants, a revenant undersuite, his cloth blade wrapped around his midriff, a carbine on his back, his plasma katana at his waist, and his helmet under his arm. "Well that is to be expected, You did just come aboard Kyro. We didn't exactly have time to brief the men before jump.", Mark said to Kyro from his place below.

Kyro nods, "As for espected, well mind as well get the formalities out of the way before I tell you what kind of shit Psychopomp is pulling from behind the curtains. My name is Kyro-vek Draguun, I was a Lieutenant in the Osmanian military, Cavlry Dragoons. That would explain the attire I wear. As for what we're doing, that's a whole nother thing. Psychopomp is expanding, fast, I should know. I was with them..." He looks at his left hand and glares at his ring. "But that's not important anymore. What matters is that the place we're going to is captured before Psychopomp can start pumping out their new 'Project'." He takes a second to let it sink in with them. Seeing no further delay he continues. "We have found a system with planets containing abnormaly high levels or raw materials, Iron, gold, silicon, platinum, tin, titanium, it goes on. I plan on grabbing it first before those psycotic bastards in Psychopomp does. If they do, they will construct an abomination of genetics and cybernetics that will haunt even my nightmares. So, I like to get straight to the point, we're doing a 'Planetary Take Over'. Similar to what you did at 188604, however my plan is a bit less, 'graphic'. Hopefully."

Kyro glances around at everyone, "But why should you listen to me? Why should you take MY orders? Why don't you take it for yourselves, good set up right? I mean you could even split from USO if you even wanted to with this system. I can't make you listen to me, I'm only human after all. I just want to put an end to monsters. Hopefully I can, and hopefully I can get something for myself while at it. I digress, I need you. I don't say that to just anyone." Kyro looks at Mark, "Mark was it? Get up here, I want to tell you something."

A trooper raised his hand again, "Well to be honest we weren't around for Uso's takeover, we came after. And our intentions have never been the same as their's. As the commanders beat into our heads often, we don't do this for personal gain, so we don't care about plunder, wealth, or power. We all here have either lost someone to, or suffered the experiments of Pyschopomp. 188604 may have been taken over by a dictator, but it's still home."

The other troopers got quiet as the man spoke, some looking at him, but most not. Mark climbed up the crates as this short speech went on, "Sorry if he seems out of line, but he does speak the truth."

Kyro looks out to the one that spoke, "You know, I don't blame you for calling it home, even if it did do something bad. You forgive the wrongs and try to fix them with the rights. Remember though, those who went through it might forgive, like myself, but I won't forget it." He turns to Mark, "Are you a capable commander? It's a simple question, I just need an answer."

"Yes me and and Jack are both capable commanders. This is just another drop in the bucket for us.", Mark answered with a sure tone that did not falter.

Kyro looks at him, "Great! Glad to hear. So, here's what you're going to do, Nothing."

"I'm sorry, what do you mean nothing?", Mark asked doing the raised eyebrow just as Jack had done earlier.

"Ha, I may be young but I'm not stupid. Of course you not going to do nothing. I wanted to see your responce. It's a test I take on everyone I give command to." He then turns to the troopers, "Listen up, all 400 ground troops will be spliting into 10 different squads, each one having 40 men. I want each squad to have at least someone to command them and a secondary in command if something goes wrong. If any of you spot anything you will report it to Mark." He gesters at Mark. "Now on with the pilots, none of you will have to worry about major stations in space to be fighting or other ships, the worse you will run into is at most primitive air craft. So most of you will be in atmosphere. If there is anything else I should know about you troops that could help in this mission state it now." Kyro would turn to Mark, "Please make sure the other ships hear this as well, if they are large enough do the same, if too small stay with the full group."

"They are broadcasting this through the fleet actually. As for additional info, we might have some prototype tanks in stock as well. And don't forget you have mech support. Is the fleet staying in orbit, or moving to atmo?", Mark said rubbing his black goatee as he thought.

Kyro would nod then turn back to the troopers, "So since you boys have prototypes, now is the best time to use them, anyone trained to use one get to it, also, I want a medic on standby if anything goes wrong. Mechs, if you are in squad leave it, you will be forming your own if the number exeeds 50 you split into two squads. As for the fleet, leave the larger ones in orbit, however bring fighters and some friggits into atmosphere. Oh, and one further thing. This one is very, VERY, important." He gives it a 3 second long pause, "Don't let Lora get hurt, by anyone, or anything. I can take a bullet, but if I see one scratch on her, I don't have to say what will happen. BRIEFING OVER!" Kyro turns to Mark, "Over 400 people heard me, it's a merical I didn't break composure, oh and that comment back at the station. I'm not old, I'm 24." Kyro then walks off to go find the XO again.

Mark rubbed the back of his neck as he left, "Well you heard em boys. Switch all mechanized units to autonomous modes. Move the fleet to full alert, and prep the Wolverines for drop. I want it done people."

The assembly scattered going to their stations getting ready to begin operations.

Kyro heads back to the deck, Lora is nerding out over all of the systems. "Can you show me how that works? I've never been so close to high tech stuff before."

"That's the subsystem control for the chromataphors that coat the hull. A ferro current is sent through the hull activating it turning the hull as black as space and drops the temperature to the background temperature of local space. Of course we also have ECS."

While Lora is paying attention to the system operator, Kyro heads to the XO, "Alright XO Rorik, move out."

Rorik passed along the commands, "Move in, shields raised, stealth systems active. I want all units ready upon arrival."

Lora get's tired out and sits down. Kyro turns back to Rorik, "Anything I can do? Oh wait, I need some armorments if you have any."

Rorik cleared his throat, "We we're going to have you fitted for a Revenant power armor suit sir. We can also get you a standard loadout."

"Exelent, why don't we get started then, and." He get's closer to Rorik, "Get something for Lora, and I want at least two guards on her, I want you to hand choose them as well. I want the best." He backs off, "Apologies, it's um, complecated, she needs to be protected at all cost."

"Yes sir, if you both would please make your way to the armory, we can get you both outfitted. I'll notify trooper Pine, and gunnery sergeant Pine to act as guards. Do you wish to meet them to give any additional information?", Rorik replied neutrally.

Kyro nods, "Yes, very much so. Lora get up, we're going to... just follow me please."

Lora gets up and says, "Alright, but where are we going?" She looks at Rorik, "Where are we headed?" She gives Rorik a generous and genuine smile.

Rorik looked to Kyro, not sure if he should just answer truthfully, or not given Kyro's lack of telling her himself.

Kyro stares at him, "Don't." He then turns to Lora, "You'll find out when we get there." He grabs her hand and they start to head off to the armory.

Rorik motioned for a bridge crew member to lead them there, his place as XO was on the bridge with Kyro away. The crew member would lead to the inner decks and through the hall, before reaching the armor and fabrication facilities aboard. They were lead tto fabrications first.

"Please step inside and stand over here on the scanner. It will take your measurements and run them to the computer."

Lora goes up first, "You know it's rude to ask a lady about her weight." She chuckles and gets on.

Kyro stands next to the crew member waiting for them to finish with Lora. "So, you're getting us fitted? If I'm to be correct?"

"Yes sir, all gear is custom fitted per user. They are designed to be as comfortable as possible to ensure users aren't distracted as they use it for extended periods of time. The armor is a composite with nano weaved Usonium layered in. This ensures maximum protection with minimal weight. Internal systems includes shields, air filters, medical systems, comms package, temperature control, ECS, thrusters, kinetic buffer padding, sensors, and back up power cells. Completely rechargable through excess heat and movement. It's was made for extreme environments and combat conditions.", The crew member explained as the scans finished.

Kyro walks over to the scanner, "Lets get this over with and get in there, and um, don't mention what this place is." Kyro looks at the crewmate with a cold dead stare.

The crew member just looked at him, "understood."

The scanner would begin rotating again as Kyro stepped on to the pad, lights and beans harmlessly passing over his large frame.

"Your particular suit has been cleared to be the commander variant, which just includes an up armored pauldron and twin plasma blades in each gauntlet."

Kyro nods, "And what for Lora? Surely she would get something as well?"

"The standard variant.", The crew member stated.

Kyro would look at the crew member and nod, "Well then, let's get the armor, I want to get this out of the way as quickly as posible."

Two suits would appear in tray, having popped out of a wall slot.

"Please equip your suits and step on to the pad for the armor rig."

Kyro and Lora would both stand on the pad and wait for the armor to adjust.

[Else where]
Jack stood in his captain's quarters aboard the USV-Hammer as he opened a comm line to 188604.

"ID verified. Request?"

"Connect me Uso.", He said waiting.

"One moment. Connected."

"Hey Uso. Want to help me conquer a planet for somebody?", Jack asked the vid display with a grin as the video connected.

"Yes, obviously," Uso said, having that slight annoyance given by someone who was just asked if they wanted a bagel when they clearly always wanted bagels and there was no need to ask.

".... you uh, got a planet in mind? Shit, did you blow up that planet I asked you to already? That keeps slipping away from us!"

"No, and it's some underdeveloped backwater. Very low tech as far as scans show. The man we're backing this for is doing it because apparently Psychopomp has plans for the place. I just figure it would be a Civic duty to take it first and tell Romanov and company to fuck off.", Jack said his smirk growing some.

"You had me at PsychoPomp. What we doin'?" Uso asked.

"So far they want to try the diplomatic route backed with guns, though that is doubted to work. Once that fails we give em the boot and bullet. Sadly it won't be much of a fight, hella a lot better than vice was that's for sure.", Jack answered back scratching his goateed chin as he thought.

"Cool. I'm pretty much skipping right to writing my name in the planet's crust using nukes. You ready to get going?" Uso asked.

"We still need the inhabitants alive.", Jack said simply, "But yes we're already here."

"Well Fuck, how much of this have I already missed?" She asked.

"Nothing much, we just arrived. I figured I'd see what things were like first.", Jack said.

"One sec," Uso looked around for a moment, found a half-full water bottle, and through it at her screen, "I SAID WHAT'D I MISS!? ARE YOU ON THE WAY THERE ALREADY OR NOT!?"

"I just said we are already here. We just got here. The fleet is in system around the planet on standby.", He said rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Fine. Send me the location, I'll hop on over... Brief me when I arrive!" Uso would end the transmission, and immidiately head out towards the Queen's Slave.

----

A few hours later --->

The Queen's slave would arrive, docking with the much larger command ship of S6.

Uso herself wasted no time in boarding,

"WHAT'S UP?!" She asked, strutting down from the landing ramp of her own freighter, "I take it you already have a plan in mind for bringing this planet to heel right? Fill me in Jacko."

"So far Kyro wants to try talking to them in the slim chance they'll just surrender. If that doesn't work we steam roll the shit out of them. I'd say give the tech level, only a couple months with just what we have here. We can easily waste non essential structures, bases, and supply lines from orbit. Everything else can be done planetside with the fleet providing strike support.", Jack said almost bored, it was too easy of a fight.

"Yes, but this is my opportunity to laser my name into a planet from space," Uso said, "I'll let you handle the other stuff, but keep in mind we don't want to have to care for all these people either. It will be better to leave as much of their infrastructure intact as possible.

Lets find some good, unpopulated, place for me to do some shooting... uh... How'd you find this place anyways? Who's your contact?"

"Man named Kyro, he's aboard the Anvil with a woman named Lora. He's very old Osman, pre USO. Some kind of commander back in the day. Anyways he wants to take this place to keep Psychopomp's hands off it. He hates them more than we do almost. We're backing him.", Jack explained as they walked, conciously realizing Using had not been aboard until now.

"I want to meet him, the man has ambition. We can use that." Uso said.

"I'll arrange it.", Jack said before opening a line to Anvil's bridge, "I need you to bridge with the Hammer. Miss Uso is coming aboard as well as I."

Kyro and Lora would be waiting on the bridge for another message from Jack. "So, we're actually doing it huh." Lora said looking out the bridge.

Kyro would turn to her, "Yes, I can finally start to help this galaxy, it may be... unorthadox, but I will stop evil, even if I must commit it myself," He chuckles,"Ironic isn't it. In order to stop evil I must commit it. I'll try to not do as much however, I don't want to be a dictator." He then turns back to the bridge watching the Anvil move towards the Hammer.

Kyro would quickly say, "Open comms with the Anvil, I want to know what they're planing for this."

"Actually sir Commander Pine and Miss Tasuki are coming aboard to plan in person._

A few minutes later after docking the two would also appear on the bridge.

"Okay so how are playing this?", Jack asked as they entered.

"I also want to know that. Need to know if this is going to be a fun thing, or if I'm going to let Jack and Mark handle things." Uso added.

Kyro would tourn over to the two and have a blank expression, "Ah, well if it isn't the great Uso herself. It's great to see the person who's responsible for the deaths of my friends and family." He walks over and extends his hand.

Meanwhile Lora would just hang back and watch from afar on the three engaging in conversation.

Mark rubbed the back of his neck, "Woo boy, friends already."

Jack ignored the clear jab, "Ok, so you seemed to want to attempt the diplomatic approach first. We can do that, granted there is a chance it will fail. At that point if we reach it. It will likely lead to a year long campaign. Take each country one by one, hitting military infrastructure, and key points.remove their ability to fight and they'll surrender."

Kyro would retract his hand and look back at Jack, "Well that seems to be logical. So here's my plan. We go down to the most 'welcoming' faction planet side, preferablly with the smallest military and start there. Then continue the pattern untill we reach complecations. In witch we will have support of the other factions and make this faster."

Kyro looks back to Uso, "That's where you get involved with Jack and Mark. All of you will be in charge of leading the major forces, While I'll take 1 or 2 smaller squads to keep a diplomatic presents. Also, don't use nuclear weapons or biological weapons, I wish to keep it so I can produce weapons and ships. Maybe we could work out a trade in the future?"

He jesters over to Lora, "She's been in the creation of 'Gauss Weapons' I don't know the exact details but she's making them well, maybe of use to you?"

"Ok. That all sounds like a reasonable plan..." Uso said, clenching her fists, slowly releasing them, like she was trying to keep herself from exploding, talking as slowly as she could manage with the amount of excitement bubbling over, "But... this might be my only chance to laser my face onto a contenent...

... I'm totally going to do that.... like... right after you talk to whatever the most welcoming group is.

It'll be great."

Mark simply facepalmed and walked away.

"Void preserve us. That sounds like a sound diplomatic strategy and should have the highest success chance. We don't use Bioweapon by the way as Psychopomp does. The laser sculpting is between you two. To be honest we have a very big advantage here, but we still shouldn't underestimate the locals.", Jack confirmed as he triggered the geomap to zoom to the surface without looking at it. The glow of his eyes as the Geist manipulated it, popping up icons for structures, cities, military instalatiinst, infrastructure, as well any other important factors.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING MARK!?" Uso shouted, not bothering to look at him as he left, "Aren't you supposed to be handling my security detail? While Jack does seem to have this firmly in hand, I think I also want to participate in the upcoming fight. That means you having some tanks ready."

She'd turn her attention to Jack,

"That means I'm letting you pick where my group will go in. I'll get together the nessisary units for a proper win."

Kyro would look at Mark and shake his head, "Leaving a meeting isn't the first thing that comes to my mind, but it seems to work out for you." he would return back to his blank expression."We're you expecting a worse plan from me? You acted quite surprised when I mentioned my plan."

"I'm used to people have plans that suck," Uso replied.

Kyro would look back at her and state, "Well I would assume so judging by his response to your comment about lasering your face into a planet."

"That's a fucking brilliant plan, and its going to be awesome for our Brand-Awareness later."

"Nope. I need to go prep my mech, fighter, and tank for drop. I'll let Neera handle those arrangements, she hasn'thasn't had anything to do lately.", Mark said leaving.

"Understandable. Question is which country first. WellW decide our particular combat drop details based on where we are actually going. We have them outgunned, but we are out numbered. It's going to be a long one, so we need to plan accordingly.", Jack went on looking over the map more.

"This should be good training though, get some more sorties under our belt, work on getting our cohesion and familiarity up. So long as we don't get stupid with it we should be fine. Sounds like these guys have no way to deal with our ships, meaning we can call in support all day long... and what's up with Mark? Does grumpy need a talking to or is this one of those things that'll pass?" Uso asked.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back