• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Land of Dreamers [Land of Dreamers Chapter Three] What Was Once Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Chapter Three] What Was Once Lost

"Gah, you wouldn't, you brute!" Ellis counter-exclaimed, grabbing the woman by the shoulders and shoving her towards him, "You do it, then! I don't want this planet's secret society of theives to plan to assassinate me. And when the guards beat you up anyway, because they're guards,then you'll have two enemies on this sand-pile!"

Panicking, Oskar did the one thing he could think of at the moment. He dodged the incoming woman and started hurrying away...more like scurrying.

"Not getting involved! Not getting involved!" he exclaimed loudly.

A mask of anger covered Ellis' face, and he was soon hobbling after Oskar. His free arm was raised high, and creakily shaking a mostly-clenched fist at the retreating Abwheran.

"You come back here this instant!" If they had been trying to avoid attention, it would become obvious now that they weren't. Ellis went after the scuttling four-armed alcoholic.

"You can't ignore this! We can't make any enemies here! Hey! Stop scurrying!"

The woman went across the floor a few feet, in her freshly made disguise, before sinking her nails into Oskar's back. She had almost missed the man with his evasive maneuvers, but the well-disguised woman had come to latch onto the Abwehran. Ellis had seemed to convince her that Oskar was with him, and that perhaps this was act put on in her defense. Either way, the small duo would find themselves plus one, even as the merchant dragged a clinging woman whilst trailed by a scarred Nepleslian.

"You!" exclaimed one of the hurt Guards as he hobbled over to Oskar, one going to Ellis, "Outlander, do you speak Sal'Saari?" The stern man pointed to them both, garnering the attention of a few near-by merchants who hadn't been paying attention.

Hanadi's face went a little slack as the man continued his flexing. Boisterous didn't even begin to cover the merchant's attitude. She practically even had to keep the box she was sitting on steady! Shaking her head, the Curdatl woman eyed the merchant up and down before speaking.

"I need preserved foods for travel, and some fresh foods if you got'em. And grains would be nice."

---

Nova simply stared at the three alien women as they spoke to Cassiel, wondering if they knew he didn't speak a lick of their native tongue. But to the Freespacer's eyes that wasn't all that they seemed to want to know about when they asked about his wings.

The smaller woman made a 'come here' gesture with a metallic finger to the Patrician, more for him to bend down so she could whisper to him and translate for him.

Ellis swallowed a portion of his throat and looked nervously between the guards and Oskar. Skittishly, he said back to the guards exactly what they said to him, with a frightened smile upon his face.

"Outlander!" He said in Sal Saari, butchering the language terribly, mixing in Trade, and as if he were making casual conversation. "Oh, yeah, sure do you speak Sal Saari. Yes, it's looking like another one of those do you speak days, boys. Outlander do you outlander, indeed, I suppose."

Cassiel was still completely lost and so applied himself to the task of bending his tall frame down to Nova posthaste, the wild look of a trapped animal still in his eyes. "M-ma'am, do you know what they're saying?"

She latched on! She was going to doom him! Now the guard was asking him questions in that blasted language and the Nepleslian was trying to converse is some ugly mix of the planetary language and Trade. The entire situation was driving him to drink...EVEN MORE!

"LASSE LOS!" the panicking Abwehran suddenly snapped at the woman in his own language, which only made him sound angry and harsh. He didn't move to strike her though...that could probably kill her. Instead, he flicked the woman's hand rather hard.

And then he went into a rant. A rather long and frustrating rant in his own native tongue. Plenty of it involve cursing the planet, its people, and even his 'comrades' to the void for trying to kill him and make him suffer. It was probably good that many people didn't know Abwehran or someone might have been insulted (if they weren't based upon the harshness of the language).

Nova nodded slowly to the Patrician as she began to translate their foreign tongue to Trade for him. She also added in her own theory as to why they seemed so interested in him.

"I believe they're rather taken with your wings and are attempting to flirt with you." she whispered up to her taller counterpart.

Cassiel stammered strange little nothings for a few moments, though a linguistic scholar would probably recognize it as bits and pieces of a less than formal version of Seraphim. "I, ah... you mean, they, and, my wings..." The idea of interest from a non-Elysian disturbed him slightly, though he wasn't overly religious. It wasn't that he felt they were soulless or anything (the idea of a soul and the medical field seldom spent much time together), just that even as a unfavored, disgraced Patrician, he was still a Patrician, and therefore he was above them, wasn't he?

The young lady that had approached Cassiel gave both Nova and the Elysian a cursory glance. She had yet to get a real response from the man, at least, one in Sal'saari. For the moment she just stood there a little uncomfortably, giving herself a nervous little giggle as she began to play with one of her horns. The slightly tanned girl entwined one of her fingers in her blonde hair, before looking at Nova.

"Ah... Did I offend him?" she asked the Freespacer.

----

One of the guards gave Ellis a long, uncomfortable stare, likely trying to decode just exactly what the Nepleslian had said. The Iroma looked to his other hurt comrade to see him eying the odd four-armed outlander. With no avail, he turned back to the man and held up his hands.

"What?" he said with an incredulous, possibly offended look on his face.

"LASSE LOS!" the panicking Abwehran suddenly snapped at the woman in his own language, which only made him sound angry and harsh.

The other guard watched what he may perceived as a couple. He kept trading glances between the clothed, robed woman, and the outlander himself. Especially so now that Oskar was rambling angrily, and appearing more an abusive man to an outwardly innocent woman.

He didn't move to strike her though...that could probably kill her. Instead, he flicked the woman's hand rather hard.

She squealed in pain as the Abwehran's iron-rodded fingers thumped into her delicate hands. In pain, she recoiled, cursing shrilly, whilst whimpering pitifully. For the moment, she appeared to be genuinely in pain. Though, the disguised woman appeared to egg it further as she held her head, in apparent defense from Oskar. Every time he raised his voice she'd fearfully recoil. She looked up at him, wailing, "Please husband! Don't hit me again! I'm tired of the beatings!"

The Abwehran, in his limited understanding of the language would miss out on the word, husband, and a few others. Yet, he wasn't ignorant of the local dialect enough to miss out on the fact that she was acting like he did this to her often.

With that, Oskar felt himself gripped by the collar. The other guard stepping in on what looked like a lover's quarrel.

"Listen here, Alien" snarled the Guard through his mouth-covering cloth. Oskar could see the blood in his eyes, apparent ignorance of the Abwehran's own language. "I don't know how they handle things like this on your planet, but we don't tolerate abuse on Maekardan."

Ellis was not getting a too kind look from the other man due to his association either.

----

"FRESH FOOOOODS!? FRESH FOODS!?" yelled the Merchant Hamza, his rectangular face and whole body flexing. He appeared to be showing off his muscles again, before he slammed his fist on the table. He seemed angry. He spun around, like a ballerina, before scooping up a wooden crate of vegetables, and slamming it on the table, then a box of fruit, then a box of preserved meats. "WHY THIS LEVEL OF FRESHNESS KNOWS NO BOUNDS, NO SOVEREIGNTY, NO LAW. The vegetables are UNLAWFULLY CRISP!" Flex and pose, as he usually did. "The fruits are juicy to UNRESTRAINED LEVELS!" Another flex, and pose. "And these meats will provide enough protein to PRODUCE MUSCLES OF UNPARALLELED RIPPLING!"

He spun away on his tip-toes, once more, before grabbing another box, filled with various assortments of baked bread and setting them down in front of her gently, and gracefully.

"And here are the grains." he said with a sweetened smile, words rather soft, a complete contrast of his previous behavior. He began stroking his moustache. "Take your pick!"

Nova pushed her rose-tinted glasses up her nose as the Iromakuanhe girl spoke up. The Freespacer looked between the two, well... FOUR (Including all three of the girls.) as she rubbed the side of her head causing the small objects she'd woven into her hair to tinkle as they came into contact with each other.

"Ahaha... well. He is shy, yes? Three girls giggling and smiling at him. Admiring his wings. It startle him."
her broken Saal'sari understandable.

Holding up her metal hand to stall a response, Nova looked to Cassiel.

"She wants to know if she offended you. I told her you're just shy and their comments startled you."

-----------

Hanadi could only scoff a little as the merchant went from boisterous He-Man to dainty ballerina in one fell swoop from vegetables and meats to grains. She rubbed her chin as he began stroking his mustache.

"All of four." the Curdatl said finally. "I got more mouths to feed then I care for. Those two offworld stooges? Multiply that number by three. By the Saints I have to eat more than a normal Iromakuanhe and with eight people to feed I need all the food I can get otherwise I'll be hunting Sandrats."

A tanned hand went up to cover one eye as she shook her head and sighed at her plight. "So let's talk price. I'm from Hlarai and I know freshness when I see it." she said this as she plucked a piece of fruit from the crate, running her fingers over it as she looked for coloration, felt for soft spots and sniffed at it for hints of decay.

"H-hey!" Ellis interjected, getting between Oskar and the strange woman in need of help. He wasn't sure why, but he had the feeling that unity was what was needed at the moment. After all, the only person there who knew the language was currently feigning abuse... or something.

Ellis stretched out creaky arms to enclose the two of them, pulling both towards him with a nervous yet affectionate smile.

"Let's not fight in the market, now, friends." He said, gripping Oskar a little more tightly. "We are all friends here, after all."

The cybernetics creaked some more as Ellis cocked his head to give one of the guards a sidelong glance before continuing, "Someone tell them that we're friends."

Accosted by a guard, shouted at by the pesky 'most-likely' thief, and then scolded by some milk-bone! It was enough to drive poor Oskar to drink...again! In fact, he was sipping from his flask once more.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!" he shouted at Elis in Trade (Nepleslian), obviously at wits end. "I won't be a part of this Void Spawned non-sense! She's not our problem, so leave her to the guards! We shouldn't cause any more problems for our transporter...she's liable to just abandon us to the desert to rot! Hooking up with possible thieves is one such situation that WILL bring down trouble!" he hissed the last bit before turning to stalk off.

Cassiel's head turned back and forth, tracking the exchanges between Nova and Iroma girls, even though he couldn't even begin to follow what was being said. "I- uh... it's not that I'm, well- I'm not shy, it's just that." He hung his head, not sure how he could say anything to explain himself without horribly offending Nova and probably all of the alien girls as well.

The girl continued to trade confused glances between both Nova and Cassiel. Her friends sort of watched in restrained mirth as their friend with the winged man. Though, most of her effort seemed to be consumed trying to comprehend the strange secret language the two survivors seemed to share.

"How come you don't have any wings?" she asked Nova curiously.

----

To Hanadi's bemusement, the food was actually rather fresh. The fruit was little ripe, and some of the vegetables were better being eaten tomorrow, rather than later. The meat was even more well-preserved, not withstanding the usual custom of caring for meats in Sund Wakir caravans. Meat was an important commodity, unlike in more proper areas of Maekardan. Gira was a man who understood this well, especially as he alternated his flexing muscles as if they were a universal metronome.

"PRICE IS THE GRANDEST THING OF MY STALL, TRAVELER!" Gira spun, flexing powerfully, showing the strong, solid contours of his back through his supposedly loose robe. "Meat is 10 KUON DAHLRI A POUND!" Flex. "Grain is 10 KUON DAHLRI A POUND!" Flex. "FRUIT AND VEGETABLES ARE 10 KUON DAHLRI A POOOOOOOOUND!" He then spun, holding out his hands as if addressing the masses, before bring it together in a mighty flex that enhanced his whole body.

"EVERYTHING IS 10 KUON DAHLRI A POOOOOOOOOUND!"

He then spun again, putting on a tiny pair of glasses, as he picked up a small sheet.

"This is, of course, before Punjab taxes and service fees."

----

Oskar would turn and find himself faced with a familiar, smiling face. Habeeb had returned, and had gathered the attention of the two guards pressuring them. The woman turned her face and quickly shuffled behind Ellis.

"Ah, it seem you have already created trouble. No issue." Habeeb waved his hand to the side. Though, he seemed to be talking to Oskar expressly, not the Nepleslian. "You, Four-Arm-Sera. Master would like talk with you. Only you."

Seeing as Oskar was somewhat freed of the trouble. Ellis received the brunt of two austere stares from two very unhappy guards. They both looked down on him, expecting an explanation from the man who couldn't even speak their language.

The Abwehran grimaced as his eyes darted from Habeeb to the guards and back to Habeeb. Swallowing hard, the cowardly Oskar tried to give the man a confident smile, which seemed to be forced anyway. “Of course, I’m sorry if there was any scene. It was unbecoming,” he said with a careful tone.

“And we wouldn’t want to keep your Master waiting, Herr Habeeb. Please, lead the way,” Oskar replied as he held his hand out in a polite gesture. To be honest, he’d rather deal with the Master than with the Guards.

"Oh, fantastic!" Ellis said to the guards, reaching for the woman's hand behind him, "He's gone now! The mean four-armed devil is gone now!"

His elbow nudged softly at her as he started to talk to her, still looking directly at the guards with a nervous smile. "So you can tell them how happy we are now that he's not bothering us anymore, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back