• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Land of Dreamers [Land of Dreamers] Prelude Chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokuten

The Pixel Knight
Inactive Member
Kaeshun Guard Hall, Maekardan
Temple Guard Conference Chamber
Paralov 5th, 936
15:34 Commonwealth Standard Time

Master Guardian Haladin Yuzri sat reclined in his chair with four other Temple Guard, waiting at the their table for their next meeting. A fifth Temple Guard stood at the window, watching the passing of traffic and the lives of the people going by below. Their purpose of being there that day? To promote another budding Initiate into the fold of the Hopefuls, the group that the Temple Guard had the faith in to be their next great defenders. This Initiate was to be arriving any moment now, and the waiting seemed to grind at the higher ranked Iromakuanhe in the room.

The dark-skinned Haladin played idly with the rings that hung from the ends of his horns, though a Guard of many years, he lacked patience. Which seemed to ebb through his proximity of empathic sense to his fellow Guard, who began to show their own signs of impatience. The lone Temple Guard behind them, however, kept his back to the others, and the door.

Najat entered the room, exactly on time almost to the very second. Her arms were behind her, hands clasped in the small of her back. She stood near the door, her normally stern demeanor cracked with a slight bit of nervousness - after all, this would likely be the most important ceremony of her life. "Seras? I am here."

Haladin smiled, a row of white teeth contrasting strongly against the darkness of his face. He tapped his hands against his table in excitement.

"Greetings, Al-Haradim! It is good to see you made it, I trust you recognize some of the people here today." Haladin gestured to the two males on his right, "Knights Shazzar and D'nar." Then, he gestured to the females on his left, "And Knight Yuri and Master Feri. The four main instructors who have been involved in your development." Finally, he thumbed to the long Guard in the back who seemed to be disinterested in the meeting, "And that is..." Haladin turned to look at him, and realized the absent member had taken notice yet, "... someone we will introduce in a moment."

"At any rate," Master Feri continued, leaning forward on to the table and folding her hands together, ", today, you are about to make a large step forward in your path to becoming one of our Order."

Feri's piercing gaze set straight on Najat.

"You do understand the importance of this day, don't you?"

The young Initiate bowed in turn to each person in the room, though her eyes set firmly on the unintroduced man for a moment before they swooped back to Feri's face. Though her own eyelids seemed to droop almost sleepily over her eyes, underneath the long lashes she was clearly as alert and awake as any Vanguard frame runner in the midst of combat. "Of course I do, Master Feri. I have been waiting for this day my whole life, and it is a great, great honor to be here in your company today."

"Good to hear that, no--..." Master Feri smiled at the girl, about to carry on. Until Haladin broke in.

"--Yes! Let us continue into this." said Haladin, catching a stern glare from Feri, but ignoring it completely. The three Knights shifted uncomfortably in their seats. The fueding between Haladin and Feri was legendary amongst the training area of the Guard Hall. Ever since the death of the previous training master, Haladin and Feri had vying for the position. To do this, the two fo them had been trying catch the initiative in situations such as this.

"First of all, we will start by saying gratulations to the completion of your training, and we do hope that you will give us satisfactory results in your upcoming missions." Haladin grinned at Najat, reaching down to pick up a small datapad and laying it on the table. "Which leads us to the content of your first mission, Retrieval. You see--..."

"--With the recent advent of Freespacer Xenos, we have come to find our protective graces come down on more than our race." Master Feri picked up, ignoring the frown from Haladin. "Due to the Orbital Elevator attack, our brothers and sisters have been retrieving many of the people who used escape pods during this event. We recently thought we had saved every last one but--"

"--But! It seems one person was neglected in the retrieval. She had left her escape pod, and was thought to have been lost, but recently, we were given word of her survival and her position at a small settlement in the Nuocr." Haladin interuptted, taking charge again, Master Feri's appearing to lose patience. "Your first mission, is to save this Freespacer, and any other Xeno Populace you may come across. We want to ensure the safety of all of the Commonwealth and her allies."

Najat's brow furrowed slightly as she thought. Out in the Expanse, there wasn't much opportunity for interaction with the strange alien races the Commonwealth had come into contact with, and even in the monastery she hadn't personally met any Freespacers or Abwehrans, though she had seen them in passing. She was excited, at least, about meeting a xeno for real - and returning to the Expanse - but wondered at any psychological issues they might have. After all, the attack on the Elevator had been traumatizing enough for the iromakuanhe who hadn't been there; she could only imagine how people who were actually in attendance felt.

"How did she get to the Expanse?" the young woman asked, curiously.

"That is be-be--..." began Knight Yuri, who suddenly felt the annoyance of the two Master Guardian's next to her. Yuri had been Najat's combat instructor, and to see a usually strong face crumple like that would have seemed unusual to an initiate. The sudden silence was interuptted by Knight D'nar, Najat's mental strength instructor, who despite feeling those emotions encouraged Yuri to continue by tapping on the table and gesturing towards Najat, all with his unusually cheery smile. That encouraging smile was usually what unsettled most initiates.

"That is because." Yuri started again, with more strength in her voice, "She fled the elevator in the escape pods provided."

"Oh." One of Najat's hands came up and she rubbed thoughtfully at her chin, oblivious to the silent argument going on around the table. "That makes sense. Has the latent radiation in the Expanse had an ill effect on her? Will she or any other xenos in residence there require medical attention?"

"Likely." Knight Shazzar, the Survival Trainer, piped, far enough to away to not feel the burn as easily as his fellow brother and sister. "The shuttle that you will be sent in on will be equipped with enough medical supplies to keep Xeno stabilized if she succumbs, or if she is to be perpetually exposed."

"I see." She paused once more, a slight flush coming over her dark skin. "...my apologies for asking so many questions. I only want to be prepared, and to do well on my first assignment."

"It is fine!" Haladin waved away Najat's worries with his hand, though, not literally. "It is refreshing to know you wish to know so much, but all you need to know is on that datapad. So! Now we can lea--."

"--Your apprenticeship." Master Feri interrupted, "It is time for you to meet the supervisor of your future missions, and your failsafe."

"I... see." Just in case the world suddenly decided to end, Mridula took a few steps forward to the table and picked up the datapad lying there. Incidentally it gave her a better view of the other guardsmen clustered around the table; she gave each of them a closer look.

Haladin stared at her for a moment, as did the other Guard.

It was quiet, only the sound the Guard in the back silently humming. He had been doing it the whole time, only it was unnoticeable through the conversation. Haladin and Feri looked back at the man, and then back at Najat.

"You know, I think we will allow him to introduce himself." Feri nodded, with a Haladin, for once agreeing with a short nod. The five Temple Guard stood, with Feri laying a small mantleless robe on the table. It seemed the group of instructors wanted little to do with the man in the back as possible as they all gave Najat warm departings on their way out of the room. Leaving the soon-to-be-Hopeful alone with a guy staring out of the window.

During the awkward humming silence, Najat tucked the datapad onto her belt for later review, then retrieved the robe and shrugged it on, wriggling around until it was settled around her. She allowed herself just a moment of prancing about, since the other man wasn't looking. I made it, she thought happily.

After that, though, it was time to see what exactly this guy's problem was. She moved around the table and slowly approached the room's only other occupant, the man who was apparently going to be her master. "Hello, sera," she said, trying to sound respectful while standing a few feet back from him.

The humming abruptly stopped as the Hopeful approached the Temple Guard standing at the window. For a few moments, it was silent, until the man turned his head to look at the girl from the corner of his stony gray eyes. He looked past her at the empty table.

"The fools." He muttered, turning to face Najat. Who would soon come to notice the utter stillness of the man's face. "They left you in here with me, didn't they?"

"Yes. They looked afraid." Najat looked behind her at the door, then back at the man. "Why?"

The Temple Guard looked down at her again, his eyes only showing the attention she garnered. Strangely, it seemed as if his face refused to show emotion, Najat's own empathatic proximity couldn't seem to feel anything coming from him. It was like standing next to a block of ice, a block of ice with a pair of eyes. "I do not know, I am but a Knight of no acclaim. Though, everyone in this place seems somewhat... skittish of me."

Najat was clearly starting to become a bit uncomfortable in this man's presence. She was beginning to think he had no emotions at all. She cleared her throat just the tiniest bit, eyes still fixed on him, and spoke again. "Your presence is intimidating, sera. Perhaps that is why."

The man's head dipped a moment, looking at Najat's feet, and then slowly scanning the Hopeful upward. "You find me intimidating? I am someone you have never met, and we only exchanged few words. There is no reason for you to fear me." He leaned in towards her, his own gaze apparently more piercing than Master Feri's, and even more chilling as it seemed to look through her than at her.

"Yes. There is something about you," she answered honestly, "that makes me feel... naked." She met the older man's eyes with her own dark brown ones, though, and held his gaze.

"Naked?" The man stared her down, apparently searching for something in the exchage of stares.

"Naked." Her eyes were unblinking.

"I do not understand your meaning." He leaned back, in a statuesque manner, his body seemingly stiff in certain points.

"Your eyes seem to see through me." Najat crossed her arms lightly over her chest, the muscles bulging as they flexed. "I am not sure what I think of it, sera."

"Well, you are the first to not act like a scared sandrat in my presence. It is refreshing, to be honest." said the Temple Guard, his voice seemingly sounding approval, but nothing else followed suit.

"I am not afraid of anything." It wasn't a boast, or the young woman trying to puff herself up; it simply sounded as though she was only stating a fact.

"That is a bold statement, especially one of your experience in the field." He brought a fist to his chin.

"I was born in the Nuocr Expanse. There are many things there that would terrify a non-Sund Wakir." The tiniest of smiles tugged at Najat's lips.

Her master's brows raised, breaking the stillness of his face for a moment, before they settled back down.

"The Nuocr is not the only place in this universe that contains the fearful aspects of our lives. There are things you will see that will make the sand-rat sized beasts you bravely faced pale in comparision. Though," The Temple Guard looked out the window, "that is precisely why we were paired together now, wasn't it?"

"Of course. Your company will only make me less afraid." Her small, confident smile grew as she watched him. His words didn't seem to faze her in the slightest.

The Temple Guard that had been conversing with her for that while seemed to be suprised again, and with that he was silent. Her ease with his presence seemed to settle the unease with the newly formed bond. He extended a hand to her, to shake.

"Na'Subir "The Living Statue" Alasur. Though, I prefer you would leave the title out for simplicity's sake." said Na'Subir, revealing his identity. If Najat had been keeping her ear to the floor, she would know a small bit about "The Living Statue" already, due to rumors popping up of his presence at the Guard Hall. The main central idea of that gossip, though, was Na'Subir was someone you didn't mess with, on any sort of day.

Luckily, Najat hadn't been messing with him. She reached one strong hand out and put it in his, shaking it firmly and keeping her eyes locked on his. "Najat al-Haradim. I hope one day I will earn an appellation as good as yours."

With their hands touching, both of them would have full empathatic connection with eachother. Na'Subir felt Najat's pride, confidence, and the small anxiety hidden behind it that she had mentioned other. Najat, however, would feel nothing.

At their touch, though she kept the handshake, Najat nearly recoiled. She had never felt someone with a total apparent lack of emotion. She tried not to let her surprise show on her face as she let his hand go, returning her arms to her chest.

"Did you feel it?" Na'Subir's voice seemingly cold.

"I felt nothing."

"Then hope you never earn an appellation as good as mine."

Re: [A Prelude Chapter] Hopeful Intentions

Kaeshun Guard Training Facility, Maekardan
Trainee Room R-3
Paralov 5th, 936
16:24 Commonwealth Standard Time

After a short stride to the Training Facility across the road, Na'Subir and Najat would find themselves in R Corridor, a small place that Najat would've known for several years of her life as 'home'. Many of the Intiates walking these halls eyed Najat in envy as they saw her trail Na'Subir in a newly acquired Sun Robe. Every person they passed walked bare, in their flaks, and somewhat felt the lesser as they saw the two go by. Some of the Temple Guard in training shrank from Na'Subir as they passed, these would've been the ones closer to Najat's level. After a swagger past all of those still in training, they would find themselves at the door of Room R-3, marked "Al-Haradim".

Na'Subir gestured to the door, allowing Najat to take the lead from there.

Najat opened the door and stepped inside. The room was a tiny, tiny box, with barely enough room for a small bed, a small window, and a single bookcase. Apparently Najat had acquired a nicely-woven rug, though that seemed to be her only extravagance; the rest of her possessions seemed to be some extra clothes folded in one corner, books about the Saints shelved neatly, and a laiz faelraig leaning on the wall. She smiled as she entered the room, warm feelings of nostalgia flowing through her. Many of her fellow trainees had frequently complained about the small quarters they were allowed, but she had never needed anything else; she was perfectly happy with monastic life.

"I will miss this place," she said wistfully to her new mentor.

"We all miss the homes we make," Na'Subir said, scanning the room and gathering up ever small sight and sound that filled it. "I am sure, however, you will be more pleased with your new quarters." He eyed the bookshelf and strolled on over to it, pulling out one of the tomes. He opened the book for a moment, and read speedily through a few of it's pages, "You are a reader, I take it?"

"Now and then," Najat answered as she picked up her clothes and plopped them on the bed, pulling the single sheet adorning it from underneath the mattress. "I enjoy reading about the Saints in an effort to follow their lessons... I also like stories about, er, frame runners." She sounded slightly embarrassed.

"Frame Runners, are you fascinated by VANDRs?" Na'Subir turned to Najat, placing the book right back in it's place without looking. Her embarassment was noted, but only by another tilt of his head.

"Not in particular. The technical specifications only serve to confuse me, but I like hearing about the bravery of the runners and their dedication." Najat worked industriously to pile what few belongings she had on the bed, then tied the corners of the sheet together around the top of her faelraig, so she could hold the handle and rest the sword on her shoulder to easily carry her things. "...are you the same Living Statue that served in Tajra Wing?"

Na'Subir stared at the Hopeful with his normal, unfeeling gaze. Inside, the man was wondering whether he should answer honestly or not, but at the same time, how many Living Statues are out there, anyway?

"I served under Marranr Baziz in Tajra Wing, yes." He did not seem to show any pride in his voice.

Najat paused in her turning around. As a finishing touch she had tied the rug around the bedsheet, making it look as though there was a lovely, embroidered egg sack hanging from the end of her sword. She left the amalgamation on the bed, presently, as she bowed deeply to Na'Subir, letting him see the stubbly top of her head. "Your steadfast defense in the face of almost certain death is a credit to all the Commonwealth, sera."

It was nice to hear a compliment everyone once and awhile, but Na'Subir felt such things were unnecessary. He placed two fingers on the Hopeful's forehead, and lifted it up to where she would be standing again. In the moment of touch, she'd get another taste of his negation, but he removed his hands soon enough.

"I appreciate your respect, Al-Haradim," Na'Subir sighed for a moment, his face unmoving in the exhausting expression, "but we are Master and Apprentice, to me, you are Najat Al-Haradim, and to you, I am Na'Subir Alasur, nothing more. I am superior in the fact of rank and orderly title, but otherwise, I deserve no other respect until you see it on your own. We are in a sense, almost equal."

"Almost equal." Najat chuckled quietly. "Equals or not, I still respect you, and I will listen to whatever advice you have to offer me from your long experience."

"Let us hope so, as you are my apprentice." Na'Subir nodded to Najat, "Though, do not take this as a restriction. I will do little to influence your development unless you stray." He looked at the door and at the room. "Are you ready to go?"

"I am ready. How long will the shuttle ride be?"

"An hour or so, it will take us a while to reach the edge of the Nuocr. When there, we settle your room, and then begin your mission tomorrow."

Najat nodded and scooped up her bundle.

[A Prelude Chapter] A Rude Awakening

Trade is marked in Bold, Saalsari is written as regular.

Nuocr Expanse, Maekardan
Sehaya Cargo Hold
Paralov 4th, 936
24:02, Commonwealth Standard Time

In the six month that followed the attack on the orbital elevator, Freethinker Nova 77-6584-1426 found herself locked in stasis. The escape pod that provided her escape from harm had misread the trajectories of the pod and had left her to a near quater-year sleep. Though, on her fifth month out in the desert, her pod was found by a passing Sund Wakir caravan and scooped up into the back of Sehaya Cargo hold. Despite the fact that the spacer took up so much space, the nomads couldn't think of leaving her alone in the expanse. At first, the pod garnered the interest of many in the caravan. People would visit everyday to see if she had awoke or not, but eventually the only consistent visitor was a young boy.

Geruud Al'Taleem, a young Sund Wakir boy of the age of six, came by every day to tap on the glass of the pod. He wondered every day if the colorful lady would ever come out of her large box. Every now and then, he would attempt to find some kind latch or switch, but would give up and hour or so into the serach. Today, he decided to tap again, but this time, he would get a response.

"Reserve power depleted, unable to sustain primary function."

"What?" asked the boy in wonderment, a glint appeared in his eyes, a minor sign of the feeling of success. Did he finally succeed in waking the lady up?

KSSSH

The pod was opening, and the sudden sound of the depressuration sent the boy to the floor in a panic, his turban falling over his eyes. He yelped out a small cry before stumbling over his kurti in an attempt to stand and landed on his face, letting out a tiny grunt as his nose hit the floor.

As the atmosphere of both the pod, and sandcrawler equalized, the ADNR hatch lifted up, causing the hydralics to emit a low metallic groan. A faint white mist wafted out, and over the boy as the hatch opened, filling the interior of the cargo hold with the low laying mist. Soon after though came a choking cough, followed by what sounded like staggering and an awful lot of non-sensical gibberish to his native tongue. For the occupant was not speaking any of the Iromakuanhe dialects he would recognize.

A mere moment passed before Geruud was greeted by the very same girl he'd been so curious about now standing at the hatch, leaning on it and sucking in lungfuls of air like a bellows. Her hair was askew, her clothing rumpled, and the bag she carried looked haphazardly carried. She, however didn't seem to notice him just yet, seemingly pre-occupied with trying to shake off whatever effects the stasis had induced.

Geruud struggled a bit, trying to get his small hands to gain a grasp on the slightly dusty floor. He was still quickly trying get a grip on what was happening, and the fact that he had been blinded by his turban did not help. Eventually, he rolled over, sitting up, so quick that his turban flew off and crumpled on the floor, revealing his hastily cut white hair. It was then that Geruud saw her so clearly now. Her clothes, her hair, even her words were strange. For a boy who had never seen much past the sand and desert, this was an amazing sight, a sight that his curious brown eyes took in. He was silent, not saying a word, wanting more to see what'd she do next.

The 'colorful lady' seemed to still be sucking in air at an alarming rate before seemingly to calm herself down. It wasn't until she was messing with her bag that she'd noticed the boy on the floor. Taken utterly by surprise, she staggered back into the pod, and fell, the sound of equipment tumbling over and crashing on the ground rang out into the hold.

At her fall, Geruud nearly jumped out of his skin as the woman took notice of him and fell back into the pod. For a second, the little boy thought about waiting for her to rise again, or get a grown up, but no, he did the only rational thing any boy his age would. He got to his feet and ran over to the pod, nearly tripping again with his enthusiasm. He stood at the mouth of the apeture and looked in, wondering if the colorful lady was alright.

Fucking hell! she shouted, clearly vexed by the situation of having tripped back into the pod. The Spacer struggled under several large containers a few moments before hauling herself out, grumbling in her foreign tongue. When she looked at the hatch again though, having begun to try and put everything in order again she spotted the child standing there.

Geruud gasped, hiding behind the edge of the door, completely concealing himself from her. A few seconds later, his head appeared, only half his face visible along with the one hand on the doorframe. He was shy and somewhat scared at the same time, this lady was so different, but she sounded angry at the same time. Perhaps, he thought, she was simply a little grump after her nap. It was how he usually was when his older brother would kick him awake.

Soon the boy was greeted by her face being but a few inches from his own. It didn't appear angry, or grumpy, merely...curious. Hi? the strange alien said in her own dialect, sounding somewhat reluctant, as if expecting him to understand.

The invasion of personal space was recieved by Geruud in the form of shrinking down a little bit, his eyes opening wide in horror. For a moment, he thought she may have wanted to eat him. Of course, that was silly, but so was this red-haired, green-eyed, hornless lady. He said nothing still, instead opting to regain ground and return her curious stare. His unclean, little hands reached up to her cheeks, and pressed them together, then, tugged them apart. Unsure of what 'Hi', meant, he simply did what felt natural to him.

She seemed to take it all in stride her own tattooed cheeks being rather soft to the touch as a result of the flesh colored lichens on her skin. However, the Spacer had also reached up and began to do the exact samething to the little boy's cheeks, except she, however had a metal hand. So while one felt warm and soft, the other was a bit cool to the touch.

While this was happening, Jaleel Al'Taleem, Geruud's older brother had been searching for his younger sibling. He had gone up a down the caravan, checking the walkers, herdtitans and some of the Sehayas. Jaleel finally made his way to the Sehaya his brother had been on for the past while. The annoyed eighteen year-old trudged through the tank, figuring he should've checked this Sehaya in the first place since he Geruud was the only person left he seemed to care it was there. Though, when he got into the Cargo Hold, the Riding Enforcer's face melted into shock as he saw a woman grabbing at the face of his little brother.

"I don't know who you are." The wide-eyed Jaleel said, pulling a shotgun from his robe, and pumped it once. He aimed it at the strange girl, keeping it's sights a considerable distance from his little brother. "But I know how you're leaving."

Seeming to enjoy the little game as she thought it was, and showing the boy he had nothing to fear, it put the Spacer equally at ease. However, that would not last for long as she heard approaching foot steps and a more masculine voice. She immediately stood up, staring at the barrel of a shotgun. The Spacer herself went wide-eyed, clearly shocked. She went to raise her hands, spouting off in her native tongue before coughing slightly and clearing her throat. That was when she began to do something peculiar. The unknown xeno seemed to be knocking herself in the head with her metal hand, as if trying to get water out of her ear. All the while she spoke in a seemingly panicked voice, holding up her real hand in a staying gesture.

"Whoa!" she said loudly, continuing to knock at her head. "No need to point your gun at me." Astonishingly she seemed to be fluctuating between her own speech now, and a heavily accented Saalsari albeit very very broken Saalsari as she continued to knock at her head as if it were helping. And in truth it was, she'd knocked her head good on the way to he pod and her mindware was having a time of it trying to boot back up.

"Nooooo!" Geruud yelled, hopping infront of the shotgun's direction at first chance. "Don't you know who she is? She's the colorful lady, she just woke up!" The little boy looked up at Nova, and saw her striking herself and speaking gibberish. He looked back at his older brother unsteadily. "She's still tired!"

"Geruud. Get away from her." Jaleel ordered, only asssuming that her mix of gibberish was some kind of alien spell to punish him for pointing a gun at her. The striking of the head had to be some sort of hand movements required to perform it, at least, that's what Jaleel saw.

"No!" Geruud said defiantly.

"Geruud!" Jaleel barked.

"Noooo!" Geruud whined, stamping his foot. The little boy was being stubbornly defensive of his new friend.

The Spacer coughed again, this time a little hacking cough causing her to stop even trying to attempt to communicate for a moment. The fact that the boy had been less then clean, the environment around her as well and the simple fact he'd touched her may have been making her cough. Her lips were pressed into a thin line for the moment as she attempted to resist the urge to do so again, making little hops and jerks from the effort. That was until she began to see...verrrrry odd things floating about in the air. To the Sund Wakir holding the shotgun, it would look as if she was grabbing at seemingly nothing. She was babbling in her strange language again, eyes wide and every so often she coughed or sneezed, her legs wobbling before she looked over at them.

The expression on her face was one of clear daze, her eyes seemed to have glazed over a bit before she tried to say something else only to teeter to the side and hit the dusty floor of the sandcrawler.

---- 26:38, Commonwealth Standard Time ----

Later, the Spacer would find herself on a comfortable bed, in the same sandcrawler she had woken up in earlier. When she opened her eyes, she'd see the face of Geruud, his face smathered with worry. Behind him, was a rather large man, with a large beard, infact most of his face was a dark brown beard, with only his cheekbones and eyes visible, he was wrapped in heavy nomad garbs, but by the colors of them, he looked important. Jaleel was standing in the doorway, giving Nova a rather unsastisfied stare.

As she regained consciousness and better vision, she'd notice a plate of food sitting on a table next to her, a roasted sandrat with a large runyean in it's mouth. To the side was a small, clean, glass of water. Finally, a sharp pain would start ringing in her arm.

She groaned, her eyes squinting open seeing those around her through her slitted gaze. Nova didn't remember much of what had happened earlier beyond seeing a lot of very pretty lights before they seemingly transformed into a green-haired and red-eyed Nekovalkyrja astride a giant robotic spider chasing after her before she passed out. The Spacer felt a sharp pain lancing up her arm, unable to feel the spot that seemed to be the epicenter with the metal one, she merely peered at what had happened somewhat fearful she'd been shot. It took a moment for her eyes to shift into focus enough to see an injection point in her arm.

Nova let her arm fall limply back onto the bed while she struggled to situp using the mechanical one.

"Elder! Elder! She's awake!" Geruud bounced up and down, his turban bouncing with his movements. The bearded Elder started chuckling, raising one of his hands as if to invite the child away from Nova.

"Shut up, Geruud." Jaleel snarled from the door.

"You shut up!" Geruud cried back at his brother.

"Boys, boys, both of you shut up." the Elder chuckled, joining in with the arguement. The two children did not seem to have any response to that hearty voice of his. When the two boys seemed quelled, the Elder turned to Nova.

"Space free'er. You. Speak Saalsari?" asked the Elder in the Trade dialect.

Nova had been eyeing the sandrat for sometime before the man with the beard spoke to her, his gruff voice snapping her out of her daze. "Hm?" she began looking over at him then. She'd understood what he'd said but it was so badly fragmented to her that it was easy to tell it wasn't something he often used. The Freespacer simply stared at him for a second before holding up a hand, palm flat before shaking it from side to side in a universal sign of 'So-So'.

She checked the mindware to see if it had rebooted fully. The shock of striking her head and the stasis had caused it to go haywire. As if to also confirm she could, she nodded very slowly. "S-Some..." her voice wavered slightly, dry as she then took the glass of water now sipping at it.

The Elder nodded slowly, taking in her words. He looked down at Geruud and Jaleel, and then leaned his head towards the door, as if telling them to leave. Geruud gave the elder a pained look, clearly not wanting to go. Jaleel made a move to reach for the boys collar before the Elder stopped him.

"Eh... Let him stay." The Elder said non-chantly, "He's not much to look forward to between now and his monastery." Jaleel gave the Elder an annoyed look before stomping off. The six year-old's face lit up with a grin before hopping over to Nova, and pushing the roasted Sandrat closer to her, as if she didn't already see it. The Elder looked over at Nova, smiling, though his expression was only noticeable through the movement of his beard.

"Ah. Sorry. I not speak the old tounge often. We find you in pod. Six... Five months back. Good seeing you alive!" The elder laughed, finding Nova's survival rather funny.

"O-O-Oh..." Nova paused, unable to find words as the memory of how she'd gotten in the pod came flooding back. She'd been at a concert at the orbital elevator colony over the planet Maekardan, things had been going surprisingly well, the people had been rather friendly and generous considering it was a festive occassion. When the concert had been slated to start and the people had begun to crowd into the designated areas...things had changed. It was as if the entire colony shook violently like someone had picked it up, and was rattling it around on a whim. Klaxons had whined, people had panicked, and the onsite Astral Vanguard forces had mobilized. The overhead PA systems announced the colony was under attack, and that everyone should get to the designated areas.

Despite it all, it was a mass panick and stampede of people in which she was a part of. The colony had been blown open she'd remembered nearly being sucked out into space before the blast shutters had fallen into place. It however had afforded her a brief, momentary glimpse of the raging battle in space between Vanguard and enemy forces, two large cruiser like ships, really, lie giant flowers had been so close she could actually see them as they launched thousands of automated units.

The Freespacer clutched at her head a moment, as if the futile gesture would stave off the oncoming rush of memories of people screaming and explosions. She just shook her head unable to speak for the moment.

Geruud frowned and reached for one of Nova's hands, shaking it lightly.

"Color-sera?" asked the boy, denoting some respect to Nova, even though she probably wouldn't have understood it. To him, it appeared she was in pain, suffering even, and he didn't like those sort of things happening to his new friend. He started bouncing up and down anxiously, looking back and forth between the Elder and the Spacer. "Elder! What's happening?"

The Elder only kept his silence, eyeing the Freespacer carefully as she reviewed her own painful memories. This silence only did more to unsettle the little boy, and he began to tear up in the face.

"W-Was on elevator...battle when happened." Nova's saalsari as bad as the Elder's trade it seemed, or she was intentionally messing words due to the traumatizing memories. As the little boy grabbed her hand she almost flinched before her metal one patted his head half-heartedly.

The little boy smiled, but the Elder frowned. He had heard of the attack on the Orbital Elevator, and the growing tensions in national bounds. The man sighed, and then looked to the floor for a moment, and then looked at Geruud, who was still enraptured by the glittering accessories and unusual hair color of the Spacer. He nodded once, then twice, then looked up at Nova. A large smile, large enough to reveal a shiny row of teeth beneath that bushy beard, spread on his face as he opened his arms.

"I sure you're still shook from Orbital Raiser problem," started the Elder, who had confused his words for elevator, "But! Let be known you welcome in Farouk Caravan! You among friends! Far away from any raisers."

The Freespacer returned the smile with one of her own, even though it quivered slightly. Out of still slight fear plus physical and mental fatigue. That, and she'd been resisting the urge to consume the sandrat whole. Now though she stopped patting the boy on his head and grabbed the plate. Save for the meaty looking haunches in which she easily pulled one off, sniffed it and a nibble later, had begun to consume it with some gusto.

"It good? Geruud insisted on something to cook, but most cooks were just bedding down to sleep. So he killed Sandrat and made dinner." The Elder laughed heartily, feeling as if it were a kind of joke. With Nova's current state, he had hopped to perhaps get a laugh out of her to lighten the mood some more. Geruud just looked at the Elder at the mention of his name, but went back to smiling satisfyingly at how Nova was eating his catch.

Nova could only nod, though she was actually quite curious about just what it was she was eating. She knew it was meat, it was good, but didn't know what kind of animal it had been. 'Sandrat' though, as the bushy bearded man had called it made her think of vermin, but she really didn't mind in this instance. Food was food.

She swallowed the last of the flesh of the leg leaving a lump of bone and foot before putting it on the plate. Nova wiped at her mouth and then spoke, "Yes... it good." she said sounding slightly more at ease after having a little something to fill her belly. "Where I am?"

"Se-- se!" Geruud bounced up and down again, trying to say it before the Elder. However, the little boy couldn't exactly remember what the name of his craft was called at the moment.

"We call these, Sehaya, these big tank things." The Elder gestured to all around him, then waved his hands as if he were referencing to many more of them. "This Sehaya belong to Farouk Caravan, and this caravan travels the Nuocr, large desert. Dry." The young Al'Taleem frowned at the Elder, missing his chance to garner some attention.

Nova's eyes had gone wide as the full implications of her situation seemed to dawn on her. Desert meant planet, planet meant big, unknown dangerous place. The Freespacer made a little sound in her throat, as if it caught. She hacked into her free hand then, clearing her throat a little, and coughed again her chest aching a little from it. "N-No good...need d-d-octor." she squeaked out, clearly on edge for some reason.

"Geruud! Go fetch Bahiyyah!" The Elder said quickly, startling the young boy, who had already been panicking at Nova's current condition. Geruud nearly tripped on himself as he sprinted out of the small room and out of sight. With the young boy gone, the Elder stood from his chair and walked over to Nova. It would be then that she would be able to see the Sund Wakir's massive height as he clambered on and then placed a large hand on her shoulder.

"What wrong?" asked the large Elder, trying to gather a prognosis.

The Spacer despite seeming in good cheer for a moment or two had lost a bit of the peachy coloration to her complexion paling slightly. In truth she simply appeared sick, but the panick on her face, and whatever the Elder was capable of decerning from his contact with her meant that to her it was clearly important. Saving herself some time she switched to Trade that feeling it'd be easier. "Sick, I'm sick, germs, bacteria, virii, I've been exposed and have no defense against them no immunities." she sounded slightly fearful of that. Not because the possibility of death may come from exposure, but because there'd be no chance she could be reclaimed, to be recycled, to help her people continue living on.

Just as the Freespacer finished her explanation, a woman entered into the room, tailed by Geruud.

"Berja, what is goin--" The white haired woman started.

"Fetch your husband! Tell him we are taking this Sehaya ahead of the caravan, to our stopping point in Laruslan!" said the Elder, towering as he stood.

"But--," she seemed shocked at such a declaration.

"Now, Bahi! I've no time for your interjections, fetch some anti-biotics from the medical cellar. "If Mahir has trouble with my decision, he can take it up with me later, for now, we lack the time."

"Oh...!" 'Bahi' fumed as as she stepped out of the room. Geruud only stood at the doorway, looking rather fearful at the situation. He ran over the woman he had met only a few hours ago and stared helplessly.

"Is she going to be alright, Elder?" asked Geruud, looking up at the man who had given him guidance through the bulk of his life.

"That is up to the Saints, my boy. Let us hope they guide to someone who can help this wayward one."

Re: [A Prelude Chapter] A Rude Awakening

Laruslan, Maekardan
Sehaya Cargo Hold
Paralov 5th, 936
09:27, Commonwealth Standard Time

The Sehaya that had broken away from it's Caravan the previous evening was just entering into Laruslan as the sun rose on the horizon. Having pulled an all-nighter, the Sund Wakir piloting the heavy machine was in a sour mood, and did not even feel up to getting any answers from Elder Berja, the one who ordered it in the first place. Of course, Berja would have time for no one as he and Geruud stayed at the side of Nova, keeping a close watch of her condition at the recommendation of Bahiyya, the doctor that had seen her the previous evening. The Sund Wakir's had hoped that their own anti-biotics had been enough to quell off any fevers the Spacer could have been having.

Elder Berja kept a stalwart watch over Nova, and a steady hand over Geruud, who had fallen asleep two hours into the ride. They had chosen not to move the spacer for the sake of her health, so it was more than likely she had been in that same bed for almost 15 hours.

"We almost there." reassured the Elder, "Keep strong for short time."

Nova's answer was a hacking cough, her cheeks flushed, her skin somewhat clammy to the touch. She shivered, her teeth chattered every so often. If she hadn't dropped the rebreather mask she'd had on the orbital elevator during the mass panic she wouldn't be in this mess. But most of all, she felt tired. Tired and miserable. The anti-biotics they'd given her had helped some, but with one who's immune system was close to non-existant it was a drop in a very large bucket.

The Sehaya slowed to a stop.

"Ah! We here!" Berja stood, with Geruud flopping to floor like a sack of potatoes. "Come, come."

As Geruud slowly gained conciousness off the cold floor, Berja scooped up the Freespacer in his large arms. His huge, flowing beard would feel like a big, brown pillow, as she brushed up against it.

"Are we there now?" Geruud asked, looking up at the Elder from the floor.

"Yes yes, come come." said Berja as he heaved Nova out of the room and through the Sehaya. The little boy followed after the Elder, trying to keep pace. Though, as they got to the door, Berja stopped and turned to Geruud. "Stay here."

"What?" Geruud asked, appearing extremely hurt.

"Stay." said the Elder.

"But I want--!" Geruud started.

"STAY." bellowed the Elder, which caused Geruud to duck and pull his turban down to cover his head out of fear. The young Sund Wakir only whimpered as Berja turned and walked out into dusty street, if it could be called that.

The Sehaya had parked in front of a small building that acted as Laruslan's hospital, though the size made it seem more like a clinic. Especially with it being one of the few true standing buildlings in the settlement.

"You all right?" asked Berja to the sickly spacer.

His answer was a low, pitiful groan as she shifted in his grasp. The Freespacer managed a small shake of her head, eyes closed. She shivered in his arms despite the heat of the growing morning sun.

That was all Berja needed to gain a fire in his chest as he burst in through the door, breaking it off the hinges. Such a violent act unsettled the doctor on duty, who was a small, gangly Ivouri. The Hospital was mainly one very large room, at the moment, there were no patients, just a lot of empty cots. At one end of the room was a desk, surrounded by crates and cabinenets, where the man he had just frieghtened half-to-death sat. Getting the doctor in his sights, the Elder stomped up to the man, his boots heavy on the floor.

"Oh, by the saints! Don't kill me!." wailed the Ivouri, throwing up a pair of shaky arms in defense. His answer was a firm 'Hrumpf' from Berja as he presented Nova to her. It took the doctor a few moments, but he eventually gathered what she was just by the clothes, hair, and lack of horns. "Oh! A freespacer! No one else dresses as shabbily as them!"

This caused a small growl to come from Berja, as the doctor did not seem to give him what he wanted.

"Ah! Yes, you want me to handle this, don't you?" The Ivouri straightened, pointing over to the small bed. "Lay her down, gently, these Space Ranr are so fragile." As Berja set her down, the Ivouri rushed over to a cabinent that seemed to contrast heavily with the rest of the room, due to it's much more modern design. "You're lucky! The sent me a great deal of supplies to deal with any wayward spacers after the Orbital Elevator incident!" He fiddled into the crate, "Was going to throw this stuff out months ago, since they stopped coming in, but--"

Another growl from Berja.

"Fine fine! You Sund Wakir, always so rushing and pushy." The Ivouri said, pulling a hypodermic needle from the cabinent. He glided back across the room and then took a momentary observation of Nova. Then, he stuck her with the needle. "There? You happy?" Then the Ivouri looked back at the entrance of his small hospital. "And are you going to fix my door?"

The Freespacer emitted a little yelp of surprise jerking slightly, her eyes popping open, suddenly on alert. She'd been lulling into slumber as the Elder had carried her in, busting the door down in the process. But the moment that needle hit skin... Her eyes darted too and fro before she seemingly fell back in on herself, green eyes fluttering before they closed again. It had been a momentary spurt of energy, quickly spent, and likely a while in recovering.

[A Prelude Chapter] Bang for your Buck

Laruslan, Maekardan
Sura's Machine Shop
Paralov 5th, 936
12:53, Commonwealth Standard Time

Sura's Machine Shop, other than the hospital and bar, was one of the few buildings that actually stood in the settlement of Laruslan. The biggest difference between it and the others was the size and mass of the building compared to every other place intown. On the top, was the radio antenna that the settlement used to send communications. Sura Reesh himself kept this precious tool of the people in good condition for free, and for the fact that he could use it to get parts he could not fabricate himself.

When one first entered this large buidling, they'd walk into an office which doubled as a waiting room. On one wall, was a door that leads to the shop, the other leads to Sura's living space. The shop was massive and had a large garage door, which was closed to prevent sand from getting, to allow large vehicles and machinery, like the Sehaya that occupied it at the moment, to enter. On one corner, were a lot of machines used to fabricate and create parts, and another, a large workbench and toolshed, and on the other end, was the weapons bench. To a newcomer, everything, including the shop, would look suprisingly clean.

The Sehaya in the garage at the moment was what took up most of the empty space avaialble. To it's left side, was a mechanic, staring into the mess of wires and parts. A few feet away, sat a small, white-haired, Sund Wakir boy, sipping on a cup on a shoddily welded stool. Near-by, would be the Mech's most recent customer.

Sura Reesh, found himself grimacing into an open panel. The young man was more often than not, one with machines, especially old technology like the Sehaya. However, this vehicle was more than overdue for an overhaul in it's systems and parts, and it would take a wwhile to make it all work. He looked over at Hanadi Istislah, who he was doing the repairs for.

"Hana," Sura said, his heavily goggled eyes training on her, he spoke with familiarity, "You've been rough on her."

"It's over a hundred years old." Hanadi countered staring first from him, then to her pride and joy sitting there. "Besides, between the sandstorms and the increasing bandit raids all over the Expanse it's been a busy few years. My customers have had me digging in the sands or roughing it in the cold and jungles to the point I haven't had time to give her a once over like I should." the Curdatl said easily her hands in her jacket pockets.

Finally, with a somewhat drawn out sigh, she finally asked the dreaded question. "So, what's the damage..." she asked glumly.

"Do you really want to know?" Sura replied, a fairly plain look on his face.

Hanadi pursed her lips slightly as a little grimace replaced the somewhat neutral expression. "Sura...out with it. What all needs to be done and how much'll cost me." she said, but inwardly was thinking. That's if I can even afford it all.

"I'm gunna have to do a full refit, she needs new parts all across the board, and parts for a Sehaya are hard to come by, ya get it?" explained Sura as he stuck his head back into the panel. "I also need to reorganize this mess... It's... a... Um... What did I say it was..."

"A shitstorm of wires!" the little boy on the stool piped, taking his mouth of the cup for a moment.

"Yeah yeah. I'm basically gunna have to dismantle the hull of this thing and rebuild most of it if you want it to last as long as you want, get it?" Sura said further, "As for the price? Hrm... Most of the repair and parts will cause four-hundred thousand Kuons. Think you got that kinda bacon?"

For a moment, Hanadi continued wearing that grimace before looking as if she'd been slapped in the face. Four. Hundred. Thousand?! she thought. And then swore out loud. "Ahni's bouncing tits, seriously?!" her voice suddenly shrill. She knew she'd had to push the thing, and hard, but hadn't even realized it had come to all of this!

"Tits!" the little boy repeated.

"Hana, you're drivin' a relic, a beautiful relic, but still, a relic, I mean, it's older than Ruh, ya get it? There's actually stuff in here that comes from first generation Sehayas, and that shit is some some serious Kuon Dalri."

"Because Sura, it was one of the first built!" Hanadi shouted throwing her hands up in the air. "Ain't you got any rebuilt parts or something that'd work just as well? For cheaper? I ain't exactly in Bukor's good graces here."

"Well, if you want to shit in the back of one of Bahbi's best inventions, be my guest." Sura said somewhat offended by her suggestion. The very thought of putting parts that weren't meant for this machine was like saying Ahni didn't have over four thousand kids, at least, to Sura. He seemed a bit flustered as he looked back into the vehicle, but then slowly pulled himself out again, a sly grin on his face.

"Though, I'm guessing I could give it some thought, and find some more..." He seemed to stuggle with it, "cost-effective parts. I mean, you've been a decent customer. It's just, it gets a little... 'lonely' out in these parts, ya get it?"

"Lonely! Lonely!" the Sund Wakir child sang, chiming in again.

Hanadi folded her arms over her chest and just stared down at the man. "Better not be what I think it is, Sura. Even that sandrat of a bandit prince from the Marida tried to bark up that tree and I ended up pulling a laiz pistol on him." she stated gruffly before her fingers began to tap on one of her elbows rhythmically. "I can give you eighty-five up front and something in trade, for a patch job."

Sura frowned as his offer was shot down like a Wyrm at a bandit party, though, he couldn't help but snicker at the mention of the bandit prince. He sighed and dropped off the side of the Sehaya. The boy one the stool held up his empty cup to the man, and Sura only shook his head, causing the child to frown and keep his stare inside the container.

"Alright," Sura said, giving up, "I can patch up some holes, maybe see what parts I have sitting in storage. I can give her a few more years of life..."

With that, he pointed a gloved finger in her face, "But that ain't guaranteed, ya get it?"

Hanadi arched an eyebrow at the finger before kissing the tips of her fingers and pressing them to his forehead in a very mock imitation of a kiss. Closest he'd ever get with her that was for sure. "Yeah, yeah, sera I know. No need to be all doom and gloom about it. If'in it don't work, and I'm stranded out in the Expanse I'll just crawl into a Wyrm's mouth and ring the dinnerbell since I'd be screwed."

"I'm bein' serious, Hana. This girl's old and her times comin' up. If you don't take it easy with her, you'll really will be ringing the dinnerbell, ya get it?" Sura said, not amused by her non-chalant attitude.

The woman finally threw her hands up in the air again. "I get it, I get it. Sheesh. If I can get this haul of goods to a larger town or Kaeshun at least then I'll have the scratch to get it all refitted and overwith. For now all I can do is this. Even then I'm gonna be eatting sandrat for days since I'm damn near broke now paying for this patch job."

Sura opened up another panel on the side of the Sehaya, taking a look and making another grimace. He looked back over to Hanadi.

"If it's that bad, why don't you just cough up to them rich, Curd parents you got?" Sura said plainly, wrapping his hands around some wires.

" 'Cause the last time I did was two years after leaving home and they were still bawling at me to comeback and trying to marry me off like some damn product from Altjira." Hanadi huffed looking at the open panel in which Sura was now fiddling with. "I made it clear, I don't want any of that pomp and fluff. I want to do things on my own instead of being some brain dead trophy wife for some high and mighty bigwig."

"Well, take a look at your choices, it's either some rich asshole that could fund all your little trips, or you could take Algol. He's the only guy who's ever gave you a repeat visit." Sura snickered lightly, pulling a hand grenade out of the panel he was looking at. He looked at it for a moment and threw it to the weapons bench.

Hanadi waved a hand dismissively at those two choices. "I'd rather be an old maid then pick either that or the other. Besides, who said it had to be a guy? Why not some nice girl or something eh? I like'em both well enough. I just haven't found the right one yet, in either sex."

"You're saying that if Algol was a woman, you'd've given her a chance?" Sura chuckled, shoveling a few broken wires with his hands out of the opening.

"I don't care if he had a nice set of legs and tits, I'd still have pulled a gun on him or her." Hanadi retorted now seating herself on the nearby bench. "He'd be the same in either gender."

"Why not a hefty Sund Wakir fella, or lassie? Ever thought of pulling someone off a caravan? My sister did that, with some muscle-chick riding enforcer." Sura chuckled again, "I haven't heard any complaints. I mean, they're your type right? Riding around in a desert, looking for stuff in the dirt."

"Nah," Hanadi began as she was now playing with the grenade he had plucked out of the panel. "Some of them don't seem to like the fact I'm out there doing all that, besides I wouldn't want a Sund Wakir man or woman putting a sword in the throat of anyone who so much as half-way leered at me. Taking work from them or something... I mean hell, I don't ever think everything is going to be dug up out there, or anywhere else in Iruotl so why the bitching?"

Sura pointed a gloved hand at the kid on the stool.

"Why don't you scoop that little ball of trouble up? I'm pretty sure he's the only man who wouldn't mind all the trouble you cause." said Sura, the little-boy lighting up at how he was being pointed out he looked over at Sura, and then at Hanadi. He bowed respectfully to the woman, but leaned too far forward and his turban fell off his head, revealing a head of white hair.

"What, you take him in or something and already want to get rid of him?" asked Hanadi as she squinted at the boy. Having neglected her glasses it was a bit difficult to make out his features. "Or is he a stray taking up space for now?"

"Stray, found him in my garage around ten this morning. Funny shit, really." Sura laughed sarcastically, looking up at the boy, who had dipped his face back into the cup. "I'm still asleep, because I usally sleep in on this day of the week, ya get it? Though, I hear one of my rifles go off in the Garage. I hop in here with a revolver in hand, and bam, there he was, balancing the rifle off the edge of the desk. Had pinged some sandrat in the head that had snuck in some how."

On that last comment the boy beamed with pride. "Reesh-sera can I sho--"

"No, you can not drag that dreamer-damned carcass back into my garage." Sura groaned, his attention drifting off his work. He looked over at Hanadi helplessly, "If I agree to cut the price on the patch job a little bit, would you be willing to find who this kid belongs to?"

Hanadi looked at the boy first, and then over to Sura, a shrewed gleam in her eyes then. "Depends on how much we're talking about here. The boy seems to have taken a shine to you after all." she joked slightly.

"Five percent." Sura said, in a somewhat aggravated tone.

Hanadi sucked her teeth seeming to be thinking it over a bit. "Well...I suppose so." she finally said nodding in agreement. The woman then looked over to the Sund Wakir boy and whistled at him. "Hey, kid, what's your name?"

The boy looked over at Hanadi for a moment and then looked at Sura, who urged the boy on. He cleared his throat, and decided to stand tall for the woman, on the top of the unstable stool.

"I am Geruud Al'Taleem!" the little boy said boldly.

"Well! Geruud, I am Hanadi, Hanadi Istislah. It seems our friend here has decided it would be wise if you were put under my care until we can find you a good home." As if something ticked over in her mind, she snapped her fingers. "Say what a second here, why aren't you on a caravan right now? Or at a monastery?"

"I was on the way to monastery, but we came here to help the colorful lady!" Geruud threw his arms up into the air as if he were telling an epic story. "But, elder told me to stay inside the Sehaya, but I wanted to see Color-sera! So, I disobeyed... and..." He looked down in an embarassed fashion, "I got lost..."

The woman wore a little frown at the small boy's plight. Colorful Lady? The hell was that? No matter... "The caravan leave without you?" Hanadi asked.

"They didn't know I was gone... When I gave up, Elder had already left..." Geruude looked up at Hanadi, still wearing that embarassed look.

"I could kick you in the ass Sura." and it was the truth, Sura was well within Hanadi's reach. "You try getting ahold of any caravans in the area on that radio of yours to see if they had a missing kid?"

"Fuck! My bad!" Sura said in an annoyed fashion, tossing a bit more junk out of the panle. "He didn't nearly speak that much to me, I thought he belonged to one of the people here in Lasruslan!"

"Yeah, well. They're likely Ruh knows where by now." Hanadi growled slightly as she hopped off the bench. "I'll take the kid, and the five percent cut. But I want that right lead lifter funnel looked at to. Damn things been running to shit on me."

"Fine fine! Just get him out of my hair, ya get it?"

Hanadi clapped the man on the back then. "Yeah I get it." she said while walking over to Geruud. The woman knelt down until she was eye-level with the boy, and wore a somewhat stern look. "Alright, Geruud. You'll be coming with me since the old Neesh over there doesn't want you. I'll even help look for your caravan or get you to a monastery when I can but otherwise you'll be sticking with me, ok?"

"Okay!" Geruud nodded, attempting to get down from the stool, but, unfortunately only tripped, knocking the stool over at sending him face-flat on the floor. Which especially didn't feel good since the floor was solid stone. The little boy pushed himself up quickly, as if to do so before someone could help him. He looked up at Hanadi and smiled.

Hanadi returned the smile before she dusted the front of his robe off as best she could. "Alright then wait here a minute ok?" she told the boy before ducking into the side hatch of the Sandcrawler, the sound of rummaging being heard outside. Several minutes later though, she came back out and was shoving a dusty old bottle with a faded label on it at Sura. "Saali Moss Wine. Came off one of the Warlord's lieutenants corvettes that didn't exactly survive a run in with the dream eaters back in the day. Fair enough trade for you considering this is some high quality stuff?"

Sura stared at the bottle and then at her, and then back at the bottle.

"Alright." he grasped the bottle and set it down next to him. "I guess it's worth bein' fucked over by a kid and poor spelunker, ya get it?" Sura chuckled as he looked between Geruud and Hanadi and went back to work.

"Fuck!" parroted Geruud cheerfully.

Hanadi rounded on Geruud, eyebrows raised in surprise before she shook her head and sighed. "Well. While you do all that, I'm taking me and him over to the bar and out of your hair." she promptly checked the laiz pistol at her waist, satisfied she put it back in its holster. Afterwards, Hanadi held out a hand for Geruud.

Geruud's eyes followed the weapon as Hanadi inspected, and lit up when she offerered her hand to him. He put one of his small hands into hers and followed her out of the garage.

[A Prelude Chapter] A Storm Meeting a Still Day

The Silver Sultan
Recreation Deck
Paralov 3rd, 936
1:38, Commonwealth Standard Time

Today, is wonderful day t'stirrup sm'trouble. thought Asher Orkin Westwood as he strolled into the Recreation Deck, off one of the lifts available to the public. The Silver Sultan, Strobel Intergalatic's prime ship, featured a very wide-spread gallery of entertainment for anyone looking to loosen up on their cruise of the Colonial Expanse. There was a place for people to sit in silence and enjoy some coffee and a good book or check messages from home. There was also a small pool area that, in the late evenings of the day, had very few people in it. On the aft side was a large viewing room for the ship's built-in theatre, and also boasted high-definition live footage of the Nepleslian hoverbike races. There was much much more, but these were the few things that caught the eye of the Yamataian as he entered.

Most of what he saw was stuff he had done several times over during the cruise, and most of it bored him. He wanted to do something different today, something new, something exciting, something that wasn't what he had done already. His red-eyes scanned around as he walked, wondering what exactly he could do. If he couldn't find something interesting, he could at least rope some more people up for the small party the deck crew was having. More people, meant more fun, and the increased liklihood of the man being lucky.

As he walked, he straightened his tank top, and the baggy cargos he was wearing. Compared to most of the other people on the ship, he dressed pretty casually, and the fact that he wore sandles near all over the place didn't seem to set well with the more formal crowd, either. At any rate, getting looked down on or not, he was going to hunt up some fun.

Kikkawa Sayoko sat near the pool, dressed in a classy blue one piece, lemonade in one hand, book in the other. She was reading one of the month's top fantasy book, but with a book cover on it, no one would be able to tell which one. She definately didn't look as formal as the rest of the ship goers, and did look relaxed, a soft smile on her face. Sayko seemed quite happy that she hadn't been disturbed yet today, taking a long sip of her drink. "Mmm..good day indeed." she murmured to herself, feet kicking a little. "This cruise was exactly what I needed..I gotta remember to thank the professor for recommending it."

As Asher strolled by the pool section, he noticed one difference, there was no life-guard on duty. This late in the evening, the Silver Sultan had a 'swim at your own risk' policy in that people were encouraged to play it safe around the pool. Though, more often that not, this was just a hear-say rule, not something completely set in stone. So, Asher figured that with no one around he'd have a little fun. He walked over to the lifeguard's seat which had a small whistle and a 'LIFEGUARD' tank hanging on a hook next to it. With a impish grin, he pulled off his own tank, and threw it over the seat. One of the women near-by gasped, apparently rather prim, and shielded her eyes, hoping nothing else would come off.

It was actually the reverse, as Asher stole the 'LIFEGUARD' tank off it's hook, and pulled it on, then picked up the small whistle and put it around it's neck. A small, giddy feeling rose up in the man's stomach as he realized the things he could do with this newfound power.

It was then he noticed a young girl, around Sayoko's age, running on the side of the pool to get the diving board on one end. Asher blew his whistle.

"Hey! You! In tha' blue bikini, hold it there!" Asher yelled, gathering the attention of most of the pool, and most of the young girl who froze in her steps, nearly slipping. "No runnin'!" He pointed at the sign on the fair end that was behind her.

"S-sorr--..." The girl started sheepishly...

"No! Y'disrespected tha' sign!" Asher bit back, and with all the power in his being to resist the grin forcing it's way on his face. "Bend ova' to tha' sign, n'show y'respect!"

"Wh-what!? I'm no--" her face flushed.

"Do it, or I'm gunna eject ya' from tha' pool." Asher growled with authority, and with that, the girl turned, her back to everyone else, and bowed deeply to the sign, her bottom presented quite well up in the air, and much to the enjoyment of the few males in the room. A lecherous grin spread on the faux lifeguard's face, and he rubbed his hands together.

Sayoko groaned, looking at Asher with a raised eyebrow before going back to her book. "I can't believe everyone is listening to the obviously fake lifeguard." she grumbled a little loudly, sitting up some. She put the book down and stood, gathering her things. I should probably get going somewhere before he turns attention to me. she thought, leaving the pool area, towards one of the cafes.

She was soon beset by a couple of guys, all trying to buy her drinks and get her to their tables. "Come on, girl, you look nice and lonely." was the general pick up line. She kindly refused, staying with her drink at her seat.

What? Bullshit, this disguise is perfect! Asher thought, grimacing at the young girl who doubted his Lifeguard status. Her conjecture worked slightly, as some of the people at the pool gave the man a few leers.

"What? Who y'gunna believe, me, tha' guy who can pull y'sorry tails outta' tha' water, or Miss Cold Tits, who..." Asher noticed that his insult wouldn't travel as the student had left the room before he could finish. The soldier grinned slightly, thinking he may have found out another thing to have fun with. "You folks chill, I got some lifeguard'n t'do." He said walking over, before noting the blue-bikini girl from before passing him. Her eyes bulging as she noticed him again, freezing in her place. The fact that Sayoko called him out didn't seem to affect her, but he only passed her giving the poor girl reason to sigh in relief.

He stepped into the cafe and looked around and some of the men making advances at the girl. The Yamataian resisted a chuckle as they were all turned away. Even though she seemed to be wanting be alone, Asher was one to ignored personal space. He sat down across from her, and propped up his feet on the chair next to him, giving her a discerning look. Some of the other guys that had approached her before gave him a nasty look for being so bold, but they were simply ignored.

"That was little cold, y'know?" Asher said innocently, as if he was the victim of the situation. If she'd look up, she'd notice him trying to resist another smile behind his hurt expression.

"Oh, like making a girl bend over so you can easily look at her from behind isn't?" she retorted, sipping her drink, eyeing him warily. "What do you want with me? It's not like everyone is going to listen to the quiet little reader in the corner." Sayoko noted, legs still kicking slightly. If he watched below her waist, he'd notice her one peice growing a skirt out to cover to her knees, and what looked to be a controller in her far hand, which was soon put back into her bag, held tight.

Pico-jelly? Man, eitha' this chick is freaky, or she's just lazy. Asher gave her an odd look as he noticed the long skirt forming from the swimsuit. He tilted his head in a curious fashion as he stared, but eventually, his bright, blood-red eyes came back up to meet her gaze.

"N'what makes you so sure I ain't in charge, eh? Iss' smarties like you that make my job difficult." Asher remarked, crossing his arms and twirling one of his sandles on the end of his toes. "'Sides! When do y'think she's gunna' be runnin' 'round tha' pool again? Not when she's gotta' worry 'bout showin' 'er ass, right?"

"She's only going to worry about that if there are womanizer perverts like you running about with lifeguard shirts on." Sayoko replied. If he was actually smart, I'd be afraid of what he'd do with all that. she thought, finishing her drink and ordering a second. "And really, are you that desparate for a look at some young girl's rear that you'd stoop to that? I thought idiots like you had like-minded girls swarming all over you."

Oh ho! She likes t'bite... Asher thought, grinning as her explanation went on. He put his feet down, and placed his elbows on the table, leaning forward towards her, but with somewhat of a respect to the distance between them. "It appears y'don't unda'stand m'methods." Asher grinned, "Y'see, iss' easy f'my intentions t'be taken in such a way, mainly cause I look tha' way I am. Now, just 'cause I'm smile'n'grinnin' when a girl bends over, don't mean I'm takin' in tha'shapely proportions. I'm simply enjoyin' another successful punishment dealt f'disrespectin' tha' signs." He held out his hands, "See? What y'doin' is bitin' at my authority! If people don't respect m'authority, wass' tha' point a'havin' a lifeguard, anyway?"

Sayoko regarded him for a bit, and just shook her head. "You do know you completely ruined your statement by revealing that you were indeed looking at her like the letcher you obviously are." she replied, rolling her eyes. "And people DO listen to real lifeguards, because if we don't, bad stuff happens beyond getting kicked out. And besides, most SMART people know that right now is Lifeguard free pool time."

"Sheesh! Do I really look'n'sound that distrustful?" Asher said, looking clearly hurt, when in truth, he was a good bit angry at how much she was biting, "Alright, I admit it, I'mma volunteer, I keep an eye on tha' pool durin' tha' late hours t'make sure nobodies hurtin' themselves. It usually don't take much t'keep people from hurtin' themselves, so I can split off every once n'awhile." His gaze turned a little more stern as he places his cheek on his fist.

"Anyone eva' tell you that you read a little too much inta' things?"

The Yamataian smirked, still watching him. "A couple of times, though, my favorite hobby and my profession require me to read into things and learn how to separate useful information from chaff. Though, I must ask, what DO you do when you aren't out trying to embarrass young women or volunteering?" she said, willing to buy the volunteer line.

"Pfft, me? I ain't got free-time in my usual job, so I just do what'eva' I find enta'tainin' when I'm off." Asher shrugged sheepishly, YSE training facilities usually had entertainment, but it was limited to embarassing the unlucky recruits. "I pretty much done everythin' I could f'fun on this ship, so I decided t'past tha'time watchin' tha' pool." He lied comfortably, at least about the last part, he leaned back again, propping his feet back up on the chair. "I ain't one f'sittin' down wit'nothin' t'do f'too long, I just can't see that' point in warmin' a seat f'that long."

"Ah, so it's really more that you are bored...though you don't sound like you'd rather be back at work." She observed outloud, smirking. "I dont mind sitting about and watching people. Gives me qualities and such for writing into characters for stories. I do try quite hard not to write myself into a story, mind you. Enough bad writers do that as is." Sayoko continued, not minding a little chatter as she started sipping her second drink.

"Sounds pretty pointless t'write 'bout everyone 'cept tha' one person y'know 'bout." Asher looked at her, with a rather bored expression, unaware of the wisdom he just spouted.

She shrugged. "Well, I find myself kinda boring, to be honest." she said, stretching a little. "All I do most days is sit in a labratory studying races different from our own, or the Nepleslians. As much as I like suspense thrillers, a book about a scientist just studying genes kinda doesn't make for a best seller."

"Well, I ain't gunna' lie, y'are a little borin'." Asher grinned, one of his sticky fingers landing on the book she had been reading, and with a quick motion, brought it into his possession. "Though, the only reason y'borin' is 'cause all you do is read and look at shit!" He opened the book and looked at the first few pages. He flipped a few pages into the book, and looked at her from the corner of his eye. "Y'eva thought of doin' what I just did?"

"No, I really haven't." she replied, reahing for her book. "And I'd be very pleased if you handed that back to me." she said, glaring a little. "And it doesn't help that, unlike a lot of guys here, you included or not, I didn't come here to hook up or get laid. I came here to relax and unwind."

Asher sighed, keeping the book from her grasp, he gave her a very plain look and went on. "How can you relax if y'always just stickin' y'nose in a book? That's not unwindin', that's juss'... readin' a book! Iss' like all y'doin' is followin' someone elses directions t'chill! Why not do somethin' different? Y'know, spontaneous." The Yamataian shrugged, his face still towards the book, but both eyes on her.

The girl looked at him, eying him. "And what would you suggest, to a girl like me, who isn't of loose morals, but might like a party every so often? Not like they have many GOOD parties here...most of the people here who aren't utter sluts and douches are more up tight then I am, and I KNOW you know this." she replied, reaching for her book again, more swiftly this time.

One of Asher's hands lightly swatted away her hand, keeping the book away from her grasp. "Sheesh! D'you always act like someone's tryin' t'fuck ya?" He looked at her grimmly before leaning back in his chair, increasing the distance between her and the book. "To be honest, y'don't have to be," he made a quoting gesture and spoke in a proper tone, "of loose morals," he then continued in his usual accent, "to loosen up freely. In fact, I might have juss' tha' thing f'you."

Finishing her second drink, she decided to switch it up, ordering a little bit of rum and coke. "And what, dear...lifeguard, might this suggestion be? And to be honest, you are the first guy in two days to not try and get into my pants."

"Tch!" Asher snerked, speaking a obviously mocking tone, "As much as I'd like to turn you over, I'm afraid you'd bite a little too hard, heh heh heh." He gave a little chuckle, before spinning his hands to move along his point, "Anyways, my dear... uh... Librarian, I'm talkin 'bout a shin-dig happenin' down in tha' shuttle bays two evenin's from now. Iss' hosted by tha' staff, and they're tryin' to get a mild thing goin' on t'take a break from all tha' work."

Sayoko laughed, nodding. "Sounds like it should be a good time, at the least. Has to be better then the half baked attempts here. Makes me wish I was back on college grounds already. Some of the best parties I've been to."

"Yeah, I kinda' miss life on base a little bit, but this iss' all good." Asher gave her another shrug, her book still in his possession. "But, y'know, I find it a lil' odd that a lab-worker who like's parties can act as lonely as you do."

"I guess I'm not really lonely so much as bored, just like you. I will admit to needing this time away from the labs, though. I think my professor knew if I didn't get away, I'd end up breaking down, or something." she said, attempting for the book again after a bit. "Though, this party might be exactly what I need."

"Well, thass' good t'hear." Asher grinned, leaning back on his chair, arms outstretched, her book further away from her again, "See? I ain't so bad, all this lookin' y'doin' didn't tell ya there wass' a party, eh?" He grinned proudly, almost as if in triumph.

She glared again, trying not to go over the table for her book. "I'm glad to have misjudged you, now could you PLEASE give me my book back so I can at least put it away?" she asked, sitting back down as her drink came.

"Naw." Asher grinned more maliciously now, "I think I'm gunna confiscate this f'ya earlier behavior. Defyin' authority n'all that." He placed his sandal'd feet square on the floor and stood up, holding the book behind his back. "An' less'say, it'll be a bit'a insurance t'make sure you actually show up."

Sayoko huffed a bit, taking a good drink of her rum and coke. "You bet what little of your brain you use I'll be there." she replied, leaning back in her chair a little, eyeing him. "And if I don't get that book back, you can bet I'll be reporting you."

"Oh, you'll get it back. Just, I dont' use 'nuff a'my brain t'bet, apparently, so I'm just gunna have'ta hold on t'this book til' tha' appropriate time." Asher said in a matter-of-fact tone, not showing any fear of the fact that she'd call the authorities out on him. He gave her a wink before stepping towards the exit, "I betta' see ya there, Librarian."

She just glared his way, before looking back at her drink and finishing it. I didn't think I was being that boring...ah well..not like I'm doing anything else important on this cruise. she thought, before trying to decide what she was going to do for the next day or so before the party.

[A Prelude Chapter] A Girl and Her Lraadyr

The Silver Sultan
Observation Deck
Paralov 2nd, 936
25:37, Commonwealth Standard Time

It had been a long time since Asher Orkin Westwood had stared out into the stars. Ever since his father inspired him, he had always wanted to travel out there with those stars. Now, he was, but barely ever payed them any mind, almost an insult to his dad's memory, in Asher's opinion. During this time, there wasn't any planet to look at, or some nearby anomaly, it was just space, and as a result, Asher was the only person in the observation bay at the moment. It was peaceful, and it was quiet, and because there were only stars to keep him company, he felt a little glum.

"Tch..." Asher spat, trying to work himself out of the relfective mood. As much as possible, the Yamataian liked to keep his problems buried away from anyone and everyone, including himself. Yet, at times, they came out, like now as he tapped away at the small bench facing the large, panning observation window. There were three benches facing out towards space, with a few tables behind him, though he had picked out the bench on the right as he entered, simply out of laziness as his boredom of the trip had started to set in that day.

With him as bored as he was, it was a stroke of luck what happened next. A loud shout came from the entrance to the observation deck, the words "THE GOD BE DAMNED PEACE GET BACK HERE! THAT SHINY THING DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!" rang out in the air, accompanied by the sound of claws scrapping on metal and the dull thuds of boots and pads rushing into the room. What could only be construed as a mixture between a tiger and a lion, with hints of a wolf thrown in came barrelling into the room. It tried to turn hard, but still not used to the metal floors, ended up skidding into the wall with a thud before scrambling to start running again.

The girl that followed the creature into the room oddly enough looked somewhat similar in style and apperance, at least in a few aspects, to the animal. Clawed finger and toe nails sought for purchase on the metal floor as her almost muzzled snout shouted out. "PEACE! Slow down before you break something!" Behind her, her hair trailed out in almost a mane looking appearance as she tried to catch up with the animal. After a few more steps, Harmony took the turn much more graceful then Peace, and was able to pounce and land on top of the creature. It was then, with Harmony sitting still that he could get a good look at her, and her face would return to normal actually.

A cute almost heart shaped face, her fierce yellow eyes were locked on the muzzle of Peace as her fingers drove into his mouth, prying open now with all her might as her tone tanned arms which were exposed in the sleeveless shirt she wore began to strain, showing off the obvious definintion that she had to her body. Growling a little she bared her sharpened teeth at her pet as her long ears twitched. "Open up damnit!"

I ain't sure who I should try t'help, tha' dog, or tha' otha' dog. Asher stared with a mix of confusion on his face. His bare feet that had rested comfortably on the floor were now flat down, ready for him to stand. Though he sat in a half-standing, half-sitting position since the situation seemed to contain itself. After another few moments at staring at the girl and her pet, he stood up and straightened his shorts and tank.

"Eh... you need sm'help there, lady?" Asher asked, rubbing his tanned scalp through his brown hair. His red eyes seemed to switch between the two, almost in a joking manner to see which one would respond.

"By the Goddess yes! Listen I'm going to open his mouth I need you to grab the thing inside ok!?" Her tone seemed strained as she started to wrestly with the creature, her fingers securely in Peace's mouth now. "Ready? One...Two...Three!" With the count down already said, she was assuming already he was going to help, and with little abandon, she drove her fingers in even deeper curling them around the sharp teeth. With a yank, she positioned her knee behind Peace's head and split the maw of the beast open wide enough for Asher to stick his head inside.

In Peace's mouth rested what looked like a phone of sorts, just about half swallowed at this point and sitting behind a row of rather nasty looking sharpened teeth. "Come on hurry up and get it!"

"I ain't stickin' my hand in that' thing's mouth." Asher said in objection, shoving his hands in his pockets and then looked like he was about to step back, before shoving one his bare feet into the animal's mouth. His toes wrapped around the tip of the phone-like object, and dragged it out of it's mouth. With his hands still in his pockets, he looked at the item he held in his foot, and then at the girl who was restraining the beast on the floor.

Letting go of Peace's mouth, Harmony snapped her hands out quickly before the Lraddyr's mouth could snap shut and part her fingers from her hands. With a small growl, she punched Peace on the top of the head before planting a solid punch right on his skull. "What have I told you about taking shiny stuff from people! You know how much trouble we could get in?" Harmony stood up now, dismounting from Peace's back to stand at her full height. Standing just at six foot she planted her fists at her side now, watching Peace cower a little underneath her.

Asher leaned back a bit, still standing on one foot. He was shorter by a good ten inches, but that didn't stop him from holding the saliva-covered object up to Harmony with his foot.

"Ey, Fangy. You sayin' this ain't yours? 'Cause, y'know, it smells pretty bad. N'iss' makin' m'foot smell pretty bad, too." stated the Yamataian, waving the device at her, somewhat oblivious to the fact that there was a winged-beastwoman disciplining a big cat right in-front of him.

"Fangy?" Harmony felt her teeth for a second, checking to see if she did indeed have fangs. "I dont have any fangs..." She seemed confused, no longer concerned about the phone for a couple of seconds before looking at it again. "No it's not mine, and whoever's it is is gonna be pissed!" Harmony frowned before snagging the phone back from him, her wings fluttering a little before she looked back at Peace. "This is all your fault you know! I should let them ship you back to Nyll!"

"Bleh." Asher groaned, wiping what saliva he had gotten from the device on to the floor and looked inbetween the two of them. The Yamataian wasn't too sure what he was seeing at the moment. In his experiences in the past, he had never run across a Lorath before, so this was a first for him. He leaned back, almost as if to avoid a foul stench and gave Harmony a weird face.

"You ain't Elysian, are ya? Didn't think Elysians kept dogs. Thought they were more f'slaves n'shit." Asher said, trying to grasp the situation.

Harmony looked to Asher, giving him a confused look as she tilted her head. "A what? Whats a Elysian?" Blinking a little Harmony shook her head, remembering what they were finally. "Nope, I'm a Lorath, from Nyll, well originally from Lor, but we moved..heh." The idea of a move seemed to be a bit a depressing subject for her, as it would be for all Lorath. But after a moment she cheered right back up. "I'm from the Llamnel house, and this is Peace, my companion. He's a Lraddyr, and also an idiot."

"Lorath? Nyll? Limmel House? Larada? I ain't eva' heard a'that. You sure you ain't some genticizied Pleb wit' little black wings?" Asher scratched his head again, not exactly sure what in the world this girl was talking about. He looked back at his foot again, rubbing a little wetspot on the floor. He wasn't exactly sure if he was being insensitive or not, but then again, he wasn't sure if this person was just pulling his leg or not.

Scowling a little now, Harmony puffed out her cheeks as she flapped her wings a bit at the man. "I am a Lorath...not some...Pleb or whatever you called it." Frowning now Harmony crossed her arms. "What is a Elysian anyways?"

"An haughty, self-important turd wit' wings." Asher responded naturally, his knowledge of the Elysian's infallible. He looked at her own wings, and then up at her. "Now, uh, you know what Elysian's are, what exactly's a Lorath?"

"Well...Um me I suppose?" Harmony looked genuinely confused as to how to explain her race. "We are what we are, a proud race I suppose, made up of four main houses."

"There is my house, the Llamnel, who watch over agricultural things, and help with some things with our religion, then the Fyunnen, who are the military, and mostly all women, then the New Tur'Listans, who are our technology section and have some mental powers, then the Tur'Listans, who are the ruling class."

"Well," Asher said, finding his seat back on the bench, resting his elbows on his knees. "If y'supposed t'be farmin' or somethin', what y'doin on a cruise ship, then?" He looked at the big cat on the floor next to her, and then back up to her. For some reason, he felt the need to check if it was going to eye him for a meal or not.

"Actually I just finished up a year of college so my parents sent me off on a cruise as a congratulations of sorts. So here I am!" Harmony smiled, her tone and expression much more cheerful now as she clasped her hands behind her back which had the natural effect of pressing her chest out a bit even though the poor girl was oblivious to such actions.

"Huh, tits, I never bee--..." Asher said, obviously staring at the Lorath's chest as it seemed to present itself. Unsure of wether or not she'd be offended, he kept staring for about half a minute, before shaking his head. "I mean, college, huh? I never been there, but I hear they have some pretty good partyin' goin' on, so I'm pretty sure there's some point to it."

Harmony blinked a few times, tilting her head before she shrugged. "I've been to a few parties, all that people want to do is drink and get high though, gets boring after the first hour or so, so I usually never go..." Harmony shrugged again, frowning a little as she put her hands back in front of herself now, looking after Peace who had begun to slink back closer to another shiny object, the side of a bench with a polished tip. "Peace..." Harmony said in a warning tone...

"Why don't you just, wank'm on tha' tail n'get it ova' with?" Asher asked, whos only experience was house-breaking a small dog that his sister got. Most of the time, the Yamataian had to take care of it himself, because like him, his sister was lazy, but unlike him, wasn't the responsible older sibling. "That usually keeps them from gettin' in trouble."

"Cause that would be mean!" Harmony pouted a little and shook her head before walking over to Peace. "What did I tell you!" She said before smacking him on the head. "Leave that thing alone and get back over here." She commanded before making her way back over to the man she was speaking with.

"How'd you get on tha' ship wit' that guy, anyway?" Asher said, pointing at Peace, "I'm pretty sure there's some kinda' leash laws t'that, a'somethin'."

"Llamnel exemption. We are allowed since they are our bonded companions." Harmony smiled and nodded, nudging the now lounging Peace in his side. "Even though we are bonded, sometimes I think I got one thats a little slow..."

"Bonded? Y'mean that things gotta stick wit' you foreva?" The Yamataian arched a brow, "How long do they usually live?"

"A hundred and fifty years, give or take." Harmony shrugged a little, seemingly unphased at the idea of it's lifespan. She was also giving the lifespan in lorath years at the same time...

"Shit, that's a little longa' than tha' usual fifteen f'ya typical dog." He stared the animal in the eyes for a moment, as if searching for something. "It do any tricks?"

"I...Do...Lots..." Came a half guttural reply from Peace, who was staring right back at Asher, before doing a few tumbling tricks. "I taught him how to say that since we came in contact with you all...Since people always seem to ask me. We are bonded though, so it's almost as if we share a link with our minds."

"Aw shit!" Asher slapped his knee as he laughed, "That's pretty fuckin' good!" He looked back over at Harmony for a moment, with her mention of the bonded link, he seemed to take it a different way. "S'at mean you do tricks, too?"

"What do you mean tricks?" Harmony seemed generally confused before shrugging. "I guess so..." And with that, Harmony let out a long sigh before her face contorted a little, growing out to the shape of a muzzle almost, looking close to that of Peace's before returning back to normal. Next she grew out her finger nails into claws, and her hands into what seemed like paws almost.

"I guess shapechanging would be a trick?"

"Aw man! That's fuckin' cool!" Asher said in excitement. He reached up and pulled at her cheeks, as if to test it. "You ain't wearin' no mask a'nothin', right?"

"Ow ow ow ow ow!" Harmony backed away, pouting as she rubbed her cheeks. Peace had a bit of a different reaction, standing up now and growling, the hair on his back raising up a little.

The amazement continued as he looked down at Peace, staring down the big cat in the eyes, returning the gaze with his own blood-red pair. Though, not likely the smartest thing to do, the feral look of the animal intriguied him greatly. "I ain't got much idea, 'bout you Lorath, but y'definitely somethin' different." He said, in what sounded like an approving tone.

"Well of course we are! Not every two races will be the same." Harmony smirked a little as she swatted Peace on the nose. The big cat's reaction was immediate, going from a rather predetorial look, to that of instant confusion as he looked at the end of his nose.

"Y'know, I bet you'd be a kick at parties!" Asher said with a grin, placing his elbow on his knee, and his chin on his fist. "Tell ya what, you hear about tha' little shin-dig they got cookin' down in the shuttle-bay? It ain't gunna be too wild, but they got tunes, bass, y'know. You like to dance?" He asked with a sly grin.

"Every so often I do enjoy it yes..." Harmony seemed to be playing coy now, smirking a little and twisting her hips back and forth slowly as she watched him. "But no I hadn't heard of the party."

"Ah, iss' good stuff! Food's gunna' be tha' surplus they've had from most of that' trip. There's gunna' be a lil' booze, Rec Deck is bringing a sound system, shit's gunna' be pretty fly." Asher grin kept it's place on his face as he leaned back on the bench and laced an arm on the backrest behind her. "Y'know, y'a little 'different', but I like that. How 'bout I introduce you to tha' more interestin' people on this ship, two days from now?"

"Sounds like a plan, that the same time as the party?" The party certainly did sound interesting, a fun diversion on a otherwise relaxing cruise from her time off from school. It could be nothing more then a diversion for the night, maybe she could finally meet a cute boy, who knew! But she had to take it one step at a time of course.... One small step at a time...She certainly didn't want it to end up like last time, poor kid...

"A'course, the people I'll intra'duce y'too are tha' people plannin' tha' party, me included! If I bring y'along, they'll know y'cool." Asher chuckled, his suave tone seemingly hinting at something.

Harmony backed away a bit, eyeing Asher now a bit oddly. "Cool huh...Cool how?" She asked simply.

"Cooler' than tha' rich assholes who make us runnin' joes feel like we don't belong on tha' ship. This party is for people who like t'have 'fun' not be all formal n'shit." Asher cleared up, noticing her warying gaze. "I don't think they eva' seen anybody like you befo'. Gotta' let'm know you ain't some 'diplomatic envoy' who's gunna' report us to tha' Captain." The somewhat oddly well-informed Westwood eyed her carefully. "You ain't a rat, is ya?"

Harmony blinked for a few moments before tilting her head. "...Whats a rat?"

"Y'know, a snitch, a tattle-tale, a party-crasha'. This ain't authorized by tha'." Asher made a quoting motion with his fingers, "brass on tha' ship."

"Oh..No no I'm not." Harmony shook her head, her hair whipping back and forth as she did so.

"Good! Then how 'bout it? You wanna' go?" Asher held out his hands as if presenting it as a material offer.

"I'll be there, where is it at again?" Harmony nodded, smiling a little now.

"Shuttle-bay, outta' tha' way, nice open space, plenty a shuttles for anyone wantin' some private time." Asher nodded, wondering if the Lorath was into that sort of 'private time'. "Iss' gunna' be two days from now, n'feel free t'bring y'furry buddy. E's welcome t'livin' up tha' party with them moves a'his!"

"Private...time?" Harmony's cheeks went a little red as she looked to the floor but nodded. "Peace and I will be there..." Looking down at her companion now, she glared a little. "And he will be on his best behavior right?" She asked, to which Peace seemed to almost nod.

"Shit, little buddy." Asher leaned down towards Peace, with that trademark grin of his, confident and rebellious. "Go wild! Just don't tear notin' up, and it'll all be good, eh?"

Peace looked at Asher confused, not quiet understanding what he was saying...

"Y'know," Asher said, pulling out his wallet, which had a metal insignia of the YSE on it. It shined against the light of the observation deck. "Shiny stuff."

Peace blinked, looking at the shiny object as he silently crouched back on his haunches. "Peace...What did I just tell you?" It didn't seem like Peace was listening with how intently he was staring at the wallet...

"And..." Asher quickly put away the shiny wallet, noting the desiring eyes of the animal in front of him. "... that's what I mean, s'long as he ain't too rowdy, I don't think nobody'll mind if he plays around a bit."

"Right..." Harmony said in acknowledgement, though she noted that Peace's gaze hadn't left the object, watching it now even in the pocket.

"He ain't gunna bite my ass, is he?" Asher said, in a somewhat concerned tone.

"No he is not..." Harmony smacked Peace on the nose again which led him to again become confused for a moment.

"Well then, now that my ass is secure, can I count on ya commin' f'sure? I'd be real dissappointed to hear y'missed out on tha' best thing t'happen on this ship since it departed." Asher asked her, as he stood up, brushing off his shorts.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it now that I know about it." Harmony nodded a little, smiling still to the man.

"Alright, I betta' see ya there." Asher gave her a sly wink, before stepping over her companion carefully, and strolling on his way out of the Observation Deck.

Harmony smiled, looking down at her companion who had at this time rolled onto his back, pawing idly at the air.

[A Prelude Chapter] Out of Place

Nuocr Expanse, Maekardan
Uncharted Location
Paralov 5th, 936
15:29, Commonwealth Standard Time

The mid-day of Maekardan was the hottest of any time and place known to Iromakuanhekind. It was especially hot over the rolling dunes of the Nuocr. The dry heat was enough to parch any throat quickly, and those who roved the sandy expanse without supplies were doomed to death. Despite the sanctity of this place to the people of it's world, it is unforgiving and indisputably harsh. On this day, specifically, the winds had picked up, and a few granules of sand were wafting through air, though, not enough to bite at ones skin.

"That one looks a bit like you I think"

The small desert reptile that was sleeping on a rock by his head simply ignored Roshan as the young man lay on his back staring at the sky. His vehicle was a few meters behind him its engine having been torn to bits by the sandstorm that had just passed through.

"You do know we are never going to get to know eachother if you keep ignoring me right? A little conversation would be nice."

It might have been just him but the lizard looked indignant of all things at having it's nap interuppted.

"I can understand you not being the talkative type, but give me something to work with here."

Hisss!

"Well that wasn't very nice."

It wasn't long after his scaly friend had hissed at him, that Roshan could see a small figure circling above him. At first, the figure would seem small, before it descended down and flew to the east. It banked back, and became progressively larger as it approached. If he had taken the time to follow it's movements, he'd notice it rapidly getting larger and larger, until it became clear of what it was.

A Jarin Wyrm, and it appeared someone was riding it.

The large beast, seemed to slow it's descent, flapping it's large wings, blowing away Roshan's little lizard friend, and spraying him with disturbed sand. The Rider, heavily garbed in desert robes to protect from the wind and sand, pulled on the Wyrm's reins, turning it so it's side faced the collapsed planetologist. The goggled rider looked down at the man, appearing to consider whether the flyer should step down to check if he was alive or not.

Roshan watched with rapt curiosity as the Wyrm descended. He had read about them of course, seen a few pictures but he hadn't ever seen one up close before. He turned to the lizard.

"Friend of yours?"

The massive beat of wings drowned out the little lizard's answer as the downdraft simultaneously caused his friend to scamper off to find a rock with less annoying company and fewer large predators. As it stood, Roshan was left spitting sand out of his mouth as the great beast's rider looked down at him.

He sat up and waved a hand with a cheery grin on his face.

"Hey there! Not sure if you're a mirage or not, but glad to see you anyway. Maybe now I can get some decent conversation. I would offer you a drink but sadly..."

He tipped over his empty canteen, still grinning like a schoolboy.

"Im all out."

The Rider stared at him for a moment, once again appearing to take the situation into considiration. After a few seconds, the mysterious Iroma put hand behind it's back, and threw a medium-sized canteen infront of the man. If Roshan was wary enough, he would notice that the rider kept one it's hands behind it's back. Not only that, despite the eyes not being too visible, the Wyrm-rider's gaze seemed to be trained on him, as if lining up a shot.

Roshan looked at the canteen, then looked back at the rider. He looked puzzled for a moment, as if trying to piece things together in his head. Then the guileless face was back.

"Now why'd you do that? Its a bit hard to share a drink when you're way up there isnt it? Come on, your big friend can join in too."

The Rider simply stared at Roshan for a moment, before shaking it's head 'no'. Despite how apparent it was that the stranger didn't trust, neither side seemed to get the thought-processes of the other.

Roshan was the first to blink, slapping himself upside the head.

"Thats right. Bad breach of hospitality on my part, making the guest give something and not get anything from their host. How rude. Hold one one second will you?"

The planetologist got up and stetched as he walked back to his broken vehicle, leaning in one of the windows and throwing out various knick-knacks, books, pamphlets, a scorpion, and sundry other items.

"Aha! Knew I had a few left!"

He took a moment to extricate himself from the awkward position he was in, triumphantly holding a trio of snack bars in his hand, the last of the food he had. He walked back to where he had been seated before, looking extremely proud of himself for finding something.

"Alright then, one for you.."

He tossed one of the bars up to the rider.

"And one for you"

And the second to the Wyrm. With that he sat down, arms open in a disarming gesture of invitation.

"Well?"

The Rider caught the bar effortlessly with one it's gloved hands. It's goggled eyes discerned the treat, taking time to look up at Roshan every few seconds. For the first time since the Wyrm had landed, the stranger revealed the right hand that had rested behind it's back. This newly shown hand gripped the glove and the bar in one go, and pulled them both from left, which showed to be rather feminine looking. With the unsheathed had, she pulled down the heavy robing over her face, revealing some of her face to the man. Silently, she pulled open the wrapper of the bar, and took a bite of the snack. Carefully chewing at first, but seeing as it wasn't going to kill her, she ravenously bit down the rest, apparently hungry.

The Wyrm, however, took the bar to the face with extreme distaste, as it bounced of it's muzzle, unsettling the beast for a moment before it calmed down.

He shot an indignant look at the giant wyrm.

"Don't be so picky. Did you expect me to have a steak in there for you?"

Roshan turned his attention towards the rider, laughing before tearing open and biting into his own bar.

"Well that settles it then! Feel like sharing a drink with me now? Table's open."

He used his palm to pat the sand in front of him as if it were some great feast table, instead of a patch of dune with a water canteen next to it.

The female rider's lip curled in a way that signified a bit of confusion, she looked around, checking her surroundings, before patting the side of her snake-like companion. With that signal, the Wyrm bent forward, digging it's talons into the sand, allowing her to step down. Her boots hit flat on the sand, causing a muffled thud sound to be heard. She put her hands on her hips.

"You're not from around here, are you?" she finally spoke, her voice a little raspy, sounding as if she needed a little water is well.

Roshan laughed, "No where close. Is it that obvious?"

He untwisted the canteen's cap and offered it back to its owner.

"Roshan Javaid, planetologist. I am glad you decided to drop in to visit."

He leaned over and addressed the wyrm, "Even you, you ungrateful lout!"

The man turned back to his guest, smiling "So what brings you down to my neck of the desert today, if I might ask?"

"I'm a scout for a caravan, I usually fly ahead to check for any possible bandit attacks." the rider responded, snatching up her canteen with a bit of disgust on her face. She took two swigs before handing it back to him. "My name is Zahrah Ahmada, Eyr Ranr flyer for hire, and you? Need to stop pestering Yaga. Wyrms only eat meat, and besides me, you're the only piece of meat for a few miles, so I'd be a little nicer." Zahrah jabbed a finger into his chest.

"I'd also recommend you not taking so long to accept a kindly offer from a stranger who could've used you for Wyrm kibble." she said harshly, gritting her teeth as she spoke.

He simply chuckled goodnaturedly and put up both hands in surrender, taking a drink from the canteen as he did so.

"I see your point, I see your point. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Especially when they are your guest. Bad hospitality that. I thank you kindly for the gift of your water Zahrah, and the gift of your presence at my table. Oh, and Yaga too. I still say it's being picky though."

"Tch..." Zahrah spat, her cheeks turning a slight of red at the sudden kindness, untellible whether it was embarassment or frustration. "It's not like I got the water just for you or anything..."

Yaga flapped her wings at the mention of her name, but seemed to nod her head up and down approvingly of the compliment.

"At any rate, you tired of sitting at your... 'table'?" Zahrah held out her arms, gesturing to all the sand around him. "It's a little past high-noon, and I don't like being out here on my feet when the Sun is right on top of us."

Roshan leaned back, looking around. "Well...while I can't say much for the company I had here previously it is a rather nice table. View's nice too. Not to die for though. A steady source of water wouldn't be too bad either. A new location would be nice, and having someone to talk to that speaks back to you would be nice too. Why? Are you offering a lift?"

"Don't act like it's special!" Zahrah bit quickly, a visible snarl coming over her face, at least, what he could see. "I do this all the time, helping people, that is. I mean..." The Eyr Ranr sighed and looked back at Yaga, and then at him. "I'm tired of being in this sun and being on my feet. You coming or not?"

Roshan stood up, stretching again to get all the kinks out of his spine. "Very noble of you to do this for so many! You are too kind, if a bit on the naive side...Aren't you worried about bandits?"

He started walking towards Yaga, addressing the great wyrm this time.

"Well doing this sort of thing regularly should mean you wont have trouble with the extra weight I suppose, eh?"

Yaga huffed approvingly before squatting down to allow the two of them on. Zahrah pushed up to the Wyrm, mounting the magnificent beast in one movement.

"I could be worried, but considering how I haven't been shot yet, I don't think I have much to worry about. Besides..." Zahrah looked back at him, raising her goggles, and revealing her beastial symbiote eyes, "Yaga will eat you alive if you try anything. Now hurry up." She placed her glove back on her hand and held it out to him.

Roshan blinked for a moment, as if trying to process this information. Soon enough though that schoolboy grin came back to his face, as the veiled threat appeared to have sailed completely over his head. "Cool! Your eyes are cool! They look so cool!! Where'd you get them? What can they do? I wonder if I should get a pair..."

He happily grabbed her hand and pulled himself up behind her, asking rapidfire questions every second, his insatiable curiosity getting the best of him.

Zahrah huffed angrily and turned to him for a moment.

"They're aesthetics, my real eyes got burned out. Now, shut up, or I'm going ot leave you here, idiot..." said the flyer, apparently trying to ignoring the compliments despite the slight-smile that gave her away. Though, as quick as she was, she noticed this, and quickly covered her face as she had before, and snapped the reins. With that, Yaga reared back, and flapped her wings, and then took off, ascending up into the sky and soaring southward.

"I still say they're cool..."

He looked at the swiftly receeding dot that was his vehicle and thought he saw his lizard friend climbing on top of the warm metal now that the wyrm had flown away from the tiny reptile's napping spot. Roshan's eyes lit up with excitement as they soared through the air.

"Oh, by the way. Where are we going?"

Without looking back at him, Zahrah responded, "The caravan I work for is stopping in Laruslan, a small settlement not too far from here. I'll drop you off at the bar and see if Reesh will let you use the radio to call in a ride." Though, it was then, she turned around, her gaze a little more tellible with the lack of distance between them.

"So shut up, and stop with all the compliments, fool." she snarled, trying to get him to lay off.

Without any warning at all, Roshan gave a big grin and wrapped her in an equally big hug, squeezing tightly and nearly unbalancing them from their seat on Yaga's back.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

At first, Zahrah was a little suprised at the affection, and almost enjoyed. Though, she soon realized that without guidance, Yaga was starting to drift off course and slightly downwards towards the sand.

"ARGH! YOU STUPID SANDRAT, YOU'RE GOING TO KILL US BOTH!"

[A Prelude Chapter] The Battle of the Bar

The Silver Sultan
The Silver Dubloon
(Bar)
Paralov 1st, 936
5:45, Commonwealth Standard Time

Asher sat idly by as swirled his drink in quiet circles. In normal times, it was morning, so mostly no one had any business in a bar with the exception of Nepleslians. The bartender didn't often serve sake at ten in the morning, but then again, the Yamataian was thirsty, so it didn't matter either. Mainly, the Malifarian soldier was doing this to wake up, drinking slowly so he could savor the flavor, and the burn.

Even for the most prestigous stop for cold drinks on the Silver Sultan, The Silver Dubloon was pretty slow. There was even a sign up for non-alcoholic drinks during the morning hours. At any rate, the tiki-style bar was emptier than Asher's current quart of sake, out of six. It was clear that he got a little carried away.

"Excyoose me, bartender? Am I awake now?" asked the drunken Malifarian.

"You look awake." replied the Elysian woman serving drinks at the bar..

"Rehe he heally?" Asher asked the bartender's breasts, "I'm sorreh, buht I haff trowble takin' hadvice fromma' B-cup."

"They're C's, you brute." growled the Elysian, wondering why he even asked.

"Wow! Y'can grohw y'breasts? Thass' amazing!" Asher slapped his credit card on the table, "Here, less' drink, t'ya C's that were formally B's!"

Despite being utterly annoyed by the man, the bartender served the Yamataian his drink, another quart of sake.

From a doorway leading to the supply closet, a tall, lanky Nepleslian teenager stumbled out into the light of the bar. His green eyes scanned the bar for the first time, drinking in details like Asher drank his sake.

"Err... Where am I?" He asked the Bartender.

"Ah! Welcome to The Silver --" started the Elysian.

"--Coin!" Asher finished, chuckling drunkly.

"Damn it all, it's Dubloon, Dubloon, you miserable oaf!" growled the bartender, clearly tired of her paying customer. Asher only burst into laughter, finding the whole situation joke in his intoxicated haze. So, to try and disregard the man, she looked a the fresh one, with a smile that spoke business. "So! What will you have?"

"Err... What's on the menu?" The teenager mumbled, wiping at his eyes in a vain attempt to clear sleep.

He selected the stool next to Asher, and plopped himself down.

"What's not on the menu? We've got just about every brand of booze known to sentientkind." Elysian spread her arms wide, gesturing to the collection behind her. She then aimed one hand to the door behind her, "And a cooler filled with more child-safe beverages, but that's not our shining quality here."

Asher snerked, and the Elysian shot a nasty glare at him, daring him to speak.

"Kihd, dohn't get tha' sake. It suh-hu-hucks." said Asher to the teenager, "I'm only drinkin' it now 'cauhse I can't taste tha' birdie spiht."

"For the last time, I do not spit in the drinks!" furiously spat the bartender.

"You're spitting on me!" The teenager murmured grumpily.

After a moment of blinking, looking around, and assuming a confused look, he turned his attention to Asher. He blinked again, and turned to the Elysian bartender. "Err... What's on the menu, and what's the name of this place again?"

"Booze. Silver Coin." Asher answered plainly, taking a swig of his sake.

"Dubloon!" snapped the bartender, in clear frustration.

"Whateva'." the Malifarian spoke dismissively, taking great interest in his bottle.

"Oh. Right! I'll take... Err... What this guy's having. You said something about there not being spit in it, right?"

"All my drinks are spit free!" the Elysian defended her product. She placed a small list of different brands of Sake on the table, along with a similar brand of drink. "I'll set up a tab, if you please."

"Chehck tha' sheal, if it's broke, iss' got spin n'it" said Asher as he pointed up the cap of the bottle. This caused the Elysian nearly appear on the edge of losing it.

"Right." The teenager reached into his pocket, and visibly paled. "Actually, I think I'll go find some food and drinks elsewhere. Sorry spit-wing-thing-girl..."

He scratched his head. "So, yeah. Bye." He said as he got up and started to move toward the front door.

"What, y'got no money, kid?" Asher asked, arching a brow, "Ss'a'shame when kidsh thesh days don't even haff some money t'buy some booze! Tell y'what, since I'm drunk, I'mma spare some credits. Thass sound good?"

He practically zipped right back into his seat. "Sounds good, sir! The name's Mikael. Mikael Battle."

"Battle? I like that, I like yag, kihd." Asher nodded sagely, before slapping the young man on the back, "Ain't 'fraid t'take free spitbooze from a stranga', s'why I like Neps, they know tha' important thin's in life." He tapped the table as he ranted, "N'only thing better than free boohze, ish tits, right?"

"Don't you da--..." started the bartender.

"Hey, birdie! Show us y'transformin' titties!" laughed the Malifarian, "Y'gotta see this, they change sihze!"

"Seriously?! Sweet." Mikael began staring at the Bartender's breasts.

"I swear, all of you are the same." screeched the woman, before stomping away into the cooler. "I'm going on break."

"Shit, well, loohks like y'won't be gettin' any tihts t'day, Battle. Heh heh. Battle." Asher said, repeating Mikael's last name a few times, apparently enjoying the sound of it. "But hey, s'long as y'got booze, y'can just pretend, right? Heh heh heh!"

"You're starting to scare me, sir. So, uhh... What's your name again?"

"Nyton, Nyton Claymere!" lied the drunk, using the name of one of his former commanders. "Don' forget it, iss' a famous name, or at leass' I think it iss'." The Malifarian took another swing of his Sake.

"Right. Well, I have to go find my parents now... When does this transport dock, anyway?"

"Trans'sport? Wass you talkin' 'bout? Thiss' ain't know transport! Iss' a ship." responded the Yamataian, before tapping his temple. "Sheesh, Battle, you ain't too smart."

"Transport Ship. When does this Transport Ship land on Nepleslia?" Mikael growled, not appreciating the yamataian's statement.

"Nevah'." Asher responded plainly, taking a swig from his bottle of sake.

"Wait, what? Are you jerking me around? I boarded a transport to Nepleslia." Mikael began to look around in alarm. "...Right? I mean, my father said the green ship. Maybe it was the red...?"

The teenager looked down at the ground, deep in thought.

"Kid." started Asher, slapping his new friend on the shoulder, with a little more force than usually necessary. "Diss' ship iss' sihlvuhr, you cola'blind?"

The slap to the shoulder sent Mikael off his chair and onto the ground, where he looked up furiously at Asher. "Hey! You go around hitting people all the time, stranger?!"

"Hell yeah!" stated the Malifarian proudly, raising his bottle in the air, "I hit guys in tha' facesh, n'I hit tha' girls in all tha' right places. Eh heh heh... Get it? All tha' right places." As he leaned around on his stool, Asher gave a dizzying, drunken look to Mikael. "What, you wanna' fight?"

"Hit me again and I'll take you out, you cheeky Yam!" Mikael said, standing up.

Crash! went the Sake bottle against the edge of table.

"Alright, Battle. Lesh' dance..." stumbled Asher to his feet, holding the broken bottle like a combat knife. A crooked, drunk grin curled up on his face, and his sloshy stare focused hard on Mikael.

Mikael tensed, brought up his fists and made a jab at Asher's face. The blow would stop short, though, and Mikael ducked and kicked at the drunkard's legs aiming to knock him off balance.

Mikael's leg hit hard against Asher's, causing the short, muscular Yamtaian to shamble for only a second before he appeared to flow back into place. He grinned maniacally as the light sting from Battle's kick sunk in.

"Eh heh heh! Nice one!" the Malifarian said, before raking his left fist across the Nepleslians' face, the force of his entire drunken body put into it. "My tuhrn!"

Honestly, from the very beginning the teenager hadn't stood a chance. As soon as the punch landed, Mikael fell over from the force with an anticlimactic "Oof." to commemorate his passing into the deep recesses of the mind.

"Ey..." Asher said, giving Mikael a kick while he was down, "You done ahlready?"

Mikael wouldn't stir. The teenage Nepleslian was unconscious.

"Shit... uh..." the Malifarian, a little bewildered and dissappointed due to the extremely short fight, looked around for some solution to this rather outward situation. He spotted the bottles on the wall and then hopped on the bar. Still drunk, he slipped over the side of the counter and landed on his face, but was able to pull himself up. Grabbing one of the bottles, or stealing, as he didn't pay for it, he hobbled over the bar again, and opened the bottle over Battle's face. "L'right, kid, I heard you Neps can't resist liquor."

And the Malifarian poured the contents of the illegal bottle over the boy's face.

The boy jerked upright, coughing and spluttering. "Oh my god, I'm drowning!"

He wiped away the liquid from his eyes, and looked around.

"Oh, wait." His eyes came to rest on Asher. "Why are you pouring..." He tasted one of his fingers "...Alcohol on me?"

"Bathin' you in defheat, kid." said the Yamataian soldier, now turning the bottle up for a swig. "Y'defheat tastes pretty good."

"What defeat? Who are you? WHERE AM I?!" Mikael said, scurrying to press his back against the bar counter from his sitting position.

"Shit, kid, I don' even know where I'm at." responded Asher, his druken eyes trying to follow the three Mikaels scurrying up to the three different bars. "You're tha' sober one, you tell me."

"But I don't KNOW!" Mikael shouted at Asher.

"Here kid..." Asher held up the liquor he had poured on Mikael just before, "Have somma' this, usually clears my head 'nough to' figya' shit out."

"You don't look clear. Whatever. I think I'll go look for my parents."

With that, Mikael stood, slipped past the drunk Yamataian and out of the bar. "When does this damn transport land, anyway?" He growled.

"Y'kinda' hung on that transport thin' aren't ya?" groaned the soldier, rubbing his head, "Kid, what kinda' transport's gotta' built-in bar?"

"Yamataian ones, I guess!" He called, passive aggressively slipping out of Asher's view.

Asher stumbled after the kid, stopping at the edge of the bar's exit, yelling after him. "Naw, y'dope! Tha' answer was Crusie Ships!"

"This isn't a Cruise Ship! Why are you following me?"

"Cause I'm slowly soberin' up, and I can't rememba' what I wass doin' before I wass' talk talkin' t'you!"

"I guess that makes two of us." Mikael mumbled, obviously not intending for Asher to hear as he continued walking.

"Wait... what? Y'got brainloss a'somthin?" asked Asher, his steps slowly becoming less stumbled, and more controlled as he followed after Mikael.

"None of your business. Stupid Yam."

"Hey hey," Asher put a hand on Mikaels shoulder as he hustled to catch up with the boy. "Where d'ya think this ship's goin' anyway?"

The moment Asher touched Mikael's shoulder, the teenager snapped into action. The Yamataian's hand fell off as he spun on his heel, throwing a fist into his stomach. If it worked, Mikael planned to grab Asher's head and smash it against his knee -- like in movies.

The Malifarian felt a little surprised as he Mikael suddenly turned on him. Though, the punch would only land cold against Asher's hardened chest, causing more shock than pain. As the still tipsy man stood there, he lightly resisting the Nepleslian's efforts to pull the Yamataian's head down to his knee.

"HYAAAAAaa... Eh..." Mikael roared, then slowly petered off into a pathetic escape of air.

"Last time y'did somethin' like this, I punched ya in tha' face." deadpanned Asher, still somewhat confused at what Battle was attempting to do. "Y'done, kid? 'Cause, y'know, y'seem a little... lost." Despite trying to be nice, he somehow put as much of an emphasis on 'lost' as physically possible.

"Err... You punched me? When di-- Whatever. Yeah. I'm lost. I'm not sure what ship I'm on. My parents are probably at Nepleslia by now, and I'm freaking out because I have no money, and there's a Yamataian hounding me."

"Y'do know this thing ain't stoppin' in Nepleslia, right?" replied Asher, once again trying to fit the idea through Nepleslian's head again.

"Then how am I supposed to get there? I don't have any money. If I tell security I'm not supposed to be aboard they'll probably put me away until they get to some random port and drop me off." Mikael said, turning away and looking at the corridor he was in.

"Hey hey hey, kid, stop worryin' s'much." Asher waved his hands lightly, "Where you been stayin' since this cruise started?"

"Random places, I think. Can't remember. I have memory loss issues. Especially on the short-term. You probably told me your name, but I can't remember it. OR you punching me -- which explains why my head hurts."

"Yeah, you asked f'that, trust me." answered Asher, trying calm the kid down in the best way he could. "Hey, tell y'what. How 'bout I make this easia' f'you? I gotta' spare suite across from my own, 'cause I was supposed t'be commin' wit' somebody else. If I offa' that t'ya, will y'calm down, n'stop freakin' out?"

"You'd seriously do that for me?" Mikael asked, eyes widened in surprise.

"Sure, kid. Gives me a reason t'invite tha' next destitute female t'my room. If you're in it, then I ain't got no problems! Heh heh." Asher chuckled, rubbing his spike goatee, a clever looking pervading on his face. "But seriously, kid, I'mma guy a'oppurtunity. N'I juss' happen t'feel like helpin' you out y'own oppurtunity. So yeah." With that, he dug in his pocket and pulled out a card key. "Y'can use the room this key goes to."

"Thanks, stranger. I really appreciate it." Mikael looked at a wall. "Gotta memorize all of this so I don't forget... Alright. Thanks again!"

"Hey hey, not so fast, kid." Asher said suddenly, putting the card behind his back. "I got one condition t'this here 'free gift'."

"...This doesn't have to do with sex, does it? I hear all sorts of weird things about Yamataians and your Catgirls."

"What? Hell no, I don't wanna' fuck you!" growled Asher in disgust, "Sheesh, kid. This ain't got nothin' t'do with sex. Well, unless y'want it to." The Malifarian only stood there for a moment, staring at Battle, trying to refigure what he was trying to say. "Anyway... I need ya t'do me a lil' favor. There's a little party gonna' be held a few days from now, n'we need a dedicated fella t'serve drinks. Whaddya say? Y'only gotta' work one night, n'y get paid in a free room on a Cruise Ship."

"Oh, wow! I'll definitely go there -- so long as I remember, you got yourself a bartender -- without changing breasts!" Mikael plucked the memory of the bartender -- who was not easily forgotten -- for his statement.

"Don't worry, buddy. I won't let you forget."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back