• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

League Sports

Well given that I still balk at letting the sport become too blood thirsty just yet. Since one of the target audiences are the citizens of the Empire and the war plus they're not as violent as Nepleslia I'm gonna stick with the non-lethal variation at first and save the death matches for a later time. It won't be dismissed, just not gonna go with it yet.

I don't like the insinuation here. That later they'll think it's somehow okay for whatever reason? That's altering the racial description of most member species in the YSE, certainly the majority.

But that's just it, I'm saving it for the possibility in case say something happens and the masses become more prone to violence and such. Think of it this way, I don't want to play all the cards yet and we have yet to see what kind of impact this event will have in general. So yes if that is the insinuation you are referring to is the possibility that this will lead to more violence then that is exactly what I am considering. It doesn't have to happen but it might. And if it does then we have another plot hook to use then.

While hopping around the posting of old, dusting some threads off, I noticed this one. I read through all pages to see the development of creating a sport within the SARP universe. A great idea, that got created step by step by the efforts of Nyton, who seek the input of its members in creating something that could connect various species within SARP to do a friendly, non-combat related sport (like not lethal) and focus on community and sport drive. I would be interested to see such thread, such as this one come back to life and see new blood into it. While the SARP has lots of combat involved, I think this kind of concept would contribute to the social aspect of it all.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back