• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Lets Save Frank

Z

Zack

Queen's Slave, Main Room:

Despite having a fleet of large ships, killer drones, Nath Tower, Osman City, and a few other amply sized frenemies under her control... there was still something familiar about using the Queen's Slave; the first ship that Uso bought before coming to 188604. The main room was built around a large round table with various projectors and workstations inset into the top. Chairs were placed with their backs against the circular wall of the room and one of those chairs had a half-disassembled power armor in it. Some gun parts were also in the room, scattered about the floor.

Everyone who mattered was already there.

"Looks like Frank has some stuff in him that is going to make bringing him back difficult. To fix that we will need some data from one of the PsychoPomp recruitment centers.

PsychoPomp has been a thorn in our side for a while, and while I'm working with their board to fix that they are still 'badguys' for us so we've been keeping tabs on their operations... most of which we've already blown up. That has led to a shift in their facility construction. Now instead of building recruitment centers on the street they tend to stick them in space rented out in towers. The obvious advantage there is we can't just slag it from orbit without looking bad because we just destroyed two hospitals and a school along with it.

Our best bet to grab the data Frank needs is from this facility on Vice. It is on the 19th and 20th floor of an office tower in one of their poorer neighborhoods." Uso explained, letting an image of the boxy tower display on the central table. "I do not think we will have time to find what we are looking for on their servers, so it will likely be best to just copy or steal everything, and bring it to Vier to sort through later.

I'm letting you guys plan this operation so don't fuck it up... but at the same time I'll be tagging along to make sure you don't fuck anything up too badly. Keep in mind that Vice doesn't like us too much, so the local gangs and security forces will probably be taking shots at us if we operate too openly."

Ty looks at the building layout nodded at he thinks "I'll cover you as you make it to each floor I'll be stationed outside the building"

Candon examined the projection of the tower, plans formulating in his mind.
"I'm not sure overwatch will be possible for this job. No doubt they'll have something in place to circumvent a sniper, they know we mean business. If we're doing this we need to be quiet right up until we get into the building I'm thinking I should take point. My powered suit has ECS, I can get in undetected and loop the security cameras. Then we can simply walk in through the front door and make a clean sweep through the office... but it needs to be done with untraceable weapons. Ideas?"

Ty would nod and open a small pack on his side pulling out what looks to be 3 homemade pistols made up of supplies for home improvement. Crude in disine they aren't pretty they are surprisingly quite when fired but every shit would require a bullet a wall tac and to re latch the fireing mechanism, "these should be untraceable for you the bullets ant great so aim for unarmored targets and try not to miss"

"Untraceable weapons, but super-traceable-one-of-a-kind-powered-suits?" Uso asked, taking one of the silenced pistols and checking the slide action. She could assume they were standard silenced weapons, manual action, subsonic ammo, builtin-ish silencer. "It's PsychoPomp... I'd rather Vice not know we are there but also fuck those guys. Spraypaint my name all over their shit when we're done...

Outside and entrances are likely armored. But if we're all sharing data we can just mark targets for Ty so he can wall-bang them with his sniper-rifle. We'll need to be careful he doesn't over-penetrate into their server room since that's the one thing we'll need.

'Course, once we're onsite we should be able to see where their servers are by their EM and Heat signatures. So just don't fuck that up and we should be good.

And Candon, for serious, you're gonna have to stop trusting ECS."

Uso would bring up images of their last mission to vice, starting to swipe through the images of the locals. They'd get to see the local security thugs dressed in body armor and light fitting shirts. Poor slum dwellers with similarly lightweight clothing... one minimal clothing option after another being displayed, "... You gotta learn some practical effects if you want to get anywhere in life.... HERE!"

Uso would move one image to the central display. It was a lawncare worker, wide hat, baggy pants that didn't quite fit but were fully covering, similarly baggy long sleeve white shirt to keep the sun off his skin, gloves, high-vis vest, backpack with lawncare tools on it, "We can swing by Top-Nep on the way there and get the hat slash clothing you'll need. Just play the part of lawncare guy turned aspiring recruit so we can get in the front door. I'll bring the breaching charges and enough firepower to push in assuming Ty's got enough skill to cover us as we move in.

I'll handle the extraction plan. Don't need to worry your pretty little heads about all those extra details."

"I'm sorry, you're saying I can't hide in plain sight?" Candon inquired incredulously, eyebrow cocked and ready to fire, "I think you've been away from home too long, old girl."
He mentally braced for a retaliation similar to when he'd made a comment about Uso's use of the word 'penetrate' in a training session with security forces.

"I'm sayin you're too used to your fancy toys. You know how many SAINT operations were nearly botched just because someone wanted to shake hands with someone in power armor using their volumetrics to cover it up? One competent security guy with a volumetrics jammer anywhere between the starport and PsychoPomp's rented floors could tip them off that we're coming." Uso replied.

Candon heard what he wanted to hear, and took it as a challenge.
"In that case," A sly grin crept across his face, "I'm going to go unarmed. Care to join me?"

"We can at least have some of that goo-armor on standby... what is your body anyways? Are you inherently bullet-resistant?" Uso asked.

"Not a bit, I'm a standard Minkan and I'm going for it," Candon answered, "I'll bet you don't have it in you anymore."

“You can’t goad me into something I was already going to do.” Uso snapped. “I guess we can always respawn you though so if you die it’s just an ‘I told you so’ from me... anything else we need to hit before we get started?”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back