• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Location] Compound Belmont

Miko

🎖️ Game Master
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=location:compound_belmont
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
From the very start I have always RPed the Belmont group of characters like they are part of a much larger organization. Due to recent events in missions it made sense to put down a location I could reference as home. In addition to the location I will be working on the family page as well. This will allow me to link everything together so it flows easy. Top of the page "Home of the Belmont family" is where I will put this link.

Also note that the use of "Harem" on the page is not required. This is more an IC joke, as the real name of the wing would be Servants Wing.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I feel like it can not be one on the wiki and another in this thread, as far as the harem wing goes. I also believe the family would have had a long-standing area for servants' quarters and the like. The Harem Wing could even be a refurbished but once-derelict part of the compound, even a part of the servants' quarters that had gone unused since the invention of some sort of thing some years ago? idk. I'll read it all after breakfast, though, for a real review.

Okay, thanks. On to the general things.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ No - I will tag Wes when I feel the article is A OK! ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:
Please use oxford commas, especially in titles (I think the title with pool area needed one).

Include a history section. Because it is so close to where Geshrinoplis once was, did the Fourth Elysian War impact them? Also, it has been around for generations, but of what species' generations (what species is the family predominantly, so we as readers get a sense of what time has elapsed since its founding?)? And add in your own history flavor, of course!

Instead of having each section of the compound have its own huge header, make those smaller sub-headers within a header of that four = header you are using that is layout or something of the like.

Great article! Thank you for submitting this and have a great time editing this. Please let me know in this thread when you have made the edits, which should be made in the article itself. Again, thank you!!

not that i'm particularly relevant in this nor is my character but for convenience sake i won't be including this in Miles' history at all and will just be assuming he lived elsewhere, other than that i don't have any input on this, just wanted to make it known

Made a few more adjustments to make it more clear about the generations. I also put the fact there are a high number of ophans on site since this is a key point with the family.

Key specific details have been left out due to the fact this will be covered in the Family History page. This is a summery about the specific location and quick snap shot about the people living there. The more specific details about the origins of the family will be on another page. This is done since technically anyone can belong to this compound as it is not specific to the family. So did not wish to bloat this page with unneeded information unless someone was curious to know more about the details of the Belmont Family.

Hello! Let us again see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's expansive lore...

[ ✔ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ @Wes or @Nashoba ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Waiting on FM approval

RPG-D RPGfix
Back