• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Lorath] Waiting for Destiny

LSDF Redemption's Hand
Raptor-Class Expeditionary Ship
Captain's Quarters

"So... You are Ifmir's abomination that has taken the place of my coward brother? At least you have the respect to ask to come to me, yet you forget my title." Ice blue eyes remained on the creature as she took a breath and let it filter slowly out of her nose. She was not happy with the situation, far from it, and she felt a certain level of... disgust as she looked on the being that had been... created. It felt like a slap in the face to Voxphine herself that Harr'Ikke would have to speak to something so artificial, yet she knew why they had done it, why they had gone ahead with the program. It was something every Tur'Lista had known about, and every Tur'Lista had contributed to in their time as the leaders of the Lorath. A fail safe should something catastrophic happen to the ruling house, and it seemed that something catastrophic finally had happened. With her presumed dead and her brother fled to different systems, she knew that her people would still need a leader.

"I am found, during a major war, basically demanded to return only to meet none of those I know, but some created thing to be my new 'brother', and thrust back into the position I held before, decades after my death. Tell me why creature, why was I brought back when you could have just made a new me and it would have been just as good. Better probably... Ifmir knows my brother and I were a failure of Tur'Lista. Why was I brought back?" Sharp words and strong questions, she refused to use the man's name it seemed for the time being, though the reason unknown to him for now. Arms crossed under her chest, far more definition to the muscle and tone than there had been before. It seemed away from the confines of royalty, Harr'Ikke had taken care of herself and made sure she had played up the role of a Fyunnen fairly well. Hips cocked to the side for a moment, she drummed her fingernails on the exposed bicep as she waited on Aris'Taeus's response.

LSDF Redemption's Hand
Captain's Quarters

Aris'Taeus didn't budge, it didn't phase him what she had just said to him or called him. "I haven't forgotten your title, Xiaah. I'm not taking his place, I'll make my own. I and we will have to carve our own way. Your 'brother' fled the universe, he left our worlds devastated and turned to Zesuanium. You might have gotten away with calling me a creature, an abomination, but it was your ingenuity and forward-thinking that created me! It was you who put the program in place that had me made, by Ifmir!" The man had a backbone, and he was not afraid to stand his ground. She could pose, she could continue to be nasty - but he was not about to become some wallowing child that fled. That is what his predecessor had done, had done to all their kind.

"The only thing that is a failure, is the fact you were ever led to believe you failed. You were brought back because I demanded it. Why to create another, when the one who is remembered and revered stands?" he asked, his question didn't require an answer though, it was absolution. "I've played nice, I've stayed hidden, moving the pieces from the darkness and I'm not doing it anymore! You were brought back because we need to lead our people, we need to do what we were born and bred to do! We need to restore the Matriarchy before it sinks into a forgotten abyss forever! We cannot go down like the dog on another nation's back porch. We cannot be remembered for our cowardice!"

He had placed her on such a pedestal, even when she flung herself from it. He was determined to tear it down and build it back beneath her.

LSDF Redemption's Hand
Captain's Quarters

"
No useless supplications or smiling to my face, only to plot behind my back. And a spine to boot..." Again she watched him after she spoke and let the words linger in the air for a pregnant pause before she swept further into the room and stalked closer to the man. "Good. I suppose I should formally introduce myself. I am Xiaah Harr'Ikke Destiny Tur'Lista, Queen of the Lorath. You, I suppose, are my new brother. At least they were smart enough to make sure you were easy on the eyes." She let out another huff from her nose as she looked the man over for a moment, fists now planted on her hips. She seemed far different than she had in the videos, more confident, less childish even after the moon fall. But it seemed that her time as a normal person, away from the stress of royalty, had changed her for the better.

Eventually they found themselves face to face nearly, a scant half foot or so between the two as she watched him almost as if she tried to make him back down. But if he looked closer, he could see an... Awkwardness... to her. She still seemed out of place and uncomfortable. It wasn't until she finally spoke that he would be able to put a finger to it.

"Where is Sen'Yhty?" She asked plainly for her oldest friend.

LSDF Redemption's Hand
Captain's Quarters

Aris'Taeus smiled as she complimented his looks. When she approached he held the position, like an armored wall. It was certain he was not about to whimper and resort to subversion. The nature of her voice, the movements of her form were all observed and calculated. The fact she had changed the tone of the conversation was irrelevant to him, it was all the same. "She's with the Nepleslians, we've sent warships as part of an intergalactic force against the Kuvexians. She seems unhappy though, the Nepeslians are having trouble finding their trigger fingers from what she's reported. A lot has changed with our political situation in the universe, we're but a whisper because of the foolish choices of those who fled," he explained the fact, he had nothing against the Nepleslians, they had been considerate of the Lorath - but one found it hard to ignore a seasoned general unhappy with the conditions on the front of a battle.

"To be honest, one of the reasons I was adamant we look for you is the need for a new start, a new era for the Matriarchy. We have to forge our own way as I said before, we need to put a little distance between us and the other factions so we can focus on rebuilding and healing. We've accepted what seems to be defeat, it is unsettling. Our image in this galaxy has become tainted with desperation and deeds that are all based on reaction instead of proactive management," he didn't lie to her or hold his opinion. They couldn't afford that between them.

LSDF Redemption's Hand
Captain's Quarters

"Of course she is angry. The enemy in front of her and told to hold back? Fyunnen are creatures of action, not talking. They defend, and if that means attacking first, then so be it." Her words came laced with clear annoyance as she called forth whatever information she could. She was pleased to see that her connections with the ship still worked flawlessly as she began to look over the reports of the forces currently engaged. She was half tempted to simply give the order to fight on their behalf, but for now it wouldn't due to undermine the orders of the Nepleslian higher ups. She instead let out a sigh and crossed her arms again as she looked back to Aris'Taeus.

"I am well aware where our people stand in the galaxy... And it is sad. My previous brother... ruined us. I refuse to let that continue. We will become what we were meant to within the stars, regardless of what we may be now. Once capable, we will seek independence and go from there... It will be interesting to see who all is interested in deals and conferences with us. It will take me some time to figure out what I want to do, but I am sure you have some ideas already. Once this is all done with we will sit down and discuss the future of our people." A small huff, she peered around the room again before she spoke.

"So, just what is the plan now? I'm sure there was some plan or idea or something you had in mind to do next."

LSDF Redemption's Hand
Captain's Quarters

"We have a long journey ahead and we have to be patient. Sen''Ythy and I were discussing putting together an expedition into the Galactic North to look for a new homeworld that would put some more space between us and the nations we've been rubbing shoulders with," he answered. The High Priest, of course, knew what the plans of the other houses would be, there would be a quick call for he and Harr'Ikke to procreate, after all, it was how it was supposed to be. He didn't quite know how to approach such a topic so quickly, so perhaps waiting for that demand or a better entry to the conversation was in order.

The High Priest made careful considerations, "In terms of the short-term, it will take us a few days to get back to the world we've been living on. How about I cook you dinner and we can discuss how we're going to approach announcing your return and my existence publicly? For the most part, I have kept a very low profile in an official capacity. Sen'Ythy has been acting as a proxy between me and our people and the Nepleslians. Outside of the caste leaders, few even know I exist," he explained. "We should probably keep an eye on this deployment of our troops. I've been keeping an eye on them at Scrapyard, but they're going a lot further than that."

Aris'Taeys looked forwards to cooking for the Xiaah, one of his favorite hobbies that he could share with her right away.

LSDF Redemption's Hand
Captain's Quarters

Harr'Ikke's eyes watched the man as he spoke and moved about, but mentions of the battle and their people, and already she was at work as she pulled up the information on the ships and the personnel at the battle. A frown creased her face as she looked over what they had comitted, and while part of her was upset that was all they had mustered, another part of her screamed they shouldn't even be there. But that was neither here nor there at this point. She let out a sigh as she heard the offer for food and her eyes returned to the form of her new brother.

"You can cook? Curious... Already a leg up on the failure." She offered with a small huff but nodded regardless. She turned to follow behind him, or to follow his lead wherever he may lead her, though she was still at work with information pulled up on the current situation of her people. House leaders, recent history, Economic levels, everything she could learn, it seemed in the years either dead, or away, she had matured somewhat.

Aris'Taeus smiled, "I can cook, it has become a bit of a tradition when the Caste Leaders visit." He made arrangements briefly for the ship's galley to be cleared and led the Xiaah out of what he supposed was now their quarters. "This awkward situation of me being hidden is really not ideal, similarly the nature of your own absence will be a hot topic. I've had some thoughts as to how we should approach it publicly, but before I share them, was there something you had in mind for presenting ourselves to our people?" He walked slowly, casually but in a proud and well-thought manner as he accompanied his Queen through the corridors of the ship and headed towards the galley.

The crew at least knew who they were so on board the ship they could at least exist in a state of normalcy. The Raptor-Class ship zipped through hyperspace towards the Gryzciki System, their temporary home until decisions were made.

"Present ourselves how? Relationship wise? To announce our arrival back to the galaxy at large? Though I think that was already done for me with that damnable promotional video..." Harr'Ikke sighed a little and shook her head at just how much trouble that reporter had caused. Never mind all the chaos he had caused while shooting, the twins always eager to get into trouble had been no end of annoying to the woman, but somehow she still missed them as she walked the halls of the ship to the galley. She had already figured the place would have been cleared out simply out of necessity to her and allow her to re-acclimate to life amongst her people, or maybe just to her position again. Regardless of the fact she simply walked and listened.

"The House leaders, just who are they now? I assume Rain is gone, I have heard nothing of Llren'Cdyn, and I know the New Tur'Listans hold elections every so often, I am curious." She had done her research ahead of time, but wanted to see what the man's ideas on the leaders were, so she asked the questions to see what he would say.

Aris'Taeus couldn't help but give a smile, his hands held behind his back as they leisurely walked through the corridors. He gave a slight shrug as he led the way into the galley, "My dear Xiaah, I was referring to the fact they don't even know I exist. Not even the Nepleslians know, we've kept things quiet. None of us had any idea how you would react." Once in the galley, the High Priest began to assemble pots, pans, and ingredients.

"That promotional video didn't do you any favors I imagine, I can sympathize. I've listened to Sen'Ythy, I've studied what led to things as they are now. I don't blame you for how you feel. Our people will have an expectation of us, our relationship, and our place in tradition. I know it's not really a question about how we do it, perhaps I should have worded it better." He paused for a second and fired up the Emfratec stove, "I more wanted to know how quickly you were wanting us to present ourselves for them to know of me and of your return. Word travels fast but the ones of this ship are sworn to uphold what they know in secrecy. I was rather demanding that you be allowed to adjust at your own pace." He looked through a pile of spicy peppers and vegetables, the palette of their people was very flavor oriented, and he wanted to cook the best he could for her. "I can have a roster sent to you. I deal with Sen'Ythy more than anyone, I have to admit our dispatch of her to this Glimmergold battle has left me without a right hand." Aris'Taeus was still frustrated with their General's report from the battlefield, the fact their warriors were being held back like dogs on a leash as per the last update.

She listened as he spoke as eyes drifted back and forth seemingly at nothing before her, but it was easy to see she was simple thinking. A shake of the head and a sigh that slipped forth as she leaned back in the kitchen to let him work, she crossed her arms as she spoke her thoughts. "We will tell them everything. No lying, no hiding, no nothing. I will not lie to my people, I will tell them exactly what happened, what I was doing and why I did not return. I will tell them I was scared I was not fit to lead them."

The idea of the simple confession scared Harr'Ikke to the core, that they may not find her fit to lead. Another concern was how the Nepleslians would take this, her sudden arrival and surprise resurrection. Would they let her take power for her people... Would they let them even consider the notion of independence again? Or would they forever be under the thumb of yet another large nation. Harr'Ikke had to ponder and think on these things as she sat against the counter, half paying attention to her new brother.

"After this battle, when we are all home, we will tell our people everything, and we will tell the galaxy at large as well. I am not going to hide, and nor will you. We are the leaders of our people and we will act as such."

Aris'Taeus nodded in agreement, he took a few moments to focus on cooking. He cut up the various vegetables; a mix of various Nepleslian grown carrots, celery, and onions, he then added the spicy Lorath peppers and special ginger. He didn't mind as he showed off his knife skills, and then took a rather fine filet of beef and began to cut it into cubes. It appeared he had a handle on fusion and mixed their traditional ones with those from the rest of the Kikyo Sector. "Then it is decided, we will make the decisions and present ourselves as we are, give them the truth, and move forwards on a path that might be difficult. One we will be remembered for," he said, in summary, and agreement.

"The Nepleslians extended an offer of a senate seat to you, which of us will take it or should we demand it done to represent us both? I somehow am hesitant to go sit on their senate myself or devote ourselves to being present. We're needed with our people, not bound to the homeworld of the nation to which we're bound for now. I feel if we don't choose someone else to be our voice we will become tethered to it, a captive to its political ebb and flow that will keep us bound further," he suggested as he began to toss the ingredients in the pan, the flames roared beneath.

The way she presented her ideas made him realize just how far the rift between her and his predecessor must have stretched, she demanded altruism more like his own nature than that which had come up in his studies. He decided to bring up then something he had observed, " I saw you received a package, from Yamatai..." he stated with curiosity.

"We will not be bound to them, and while I am grateful, we will be independent again. To long we have relied on others, and I am tired of it. We will keep good relations with the Nepleslian people as they have done us a great thing by taking us in... but I am not going to be tied to them or anyone. We will take a seat, I will make myself known and we will send a proxy or see if we can join them remotely. The technology for such a thing is certainly available, it is possible and it will allow us to still be there to make decisions for our people."

Harr'Ikke stalked over to the counter and without warning scooped up one of the peppers to pop into her mouth with a crunch as he worked on the meat. He was impressive so far, to make her a meal and seemingly enjoy the matter. Another pepper and she returned back to her place in the kitchen before he brought up the package.

"My brother is a fool of a man and when everything is settled, I will see to it he is forgotten... For her to reach out in such a manner and offer a show of peace and good will and not return the gift with malice and ire... It shows she is better than some of our own. I have already seen to it that a gift is sent in return, of our finest wines and a few other things, including a trophy for her to keep once it is finished. I hope she will like it, and I even extended an invitation for dinner with her. If we are to be independent, we must have good relations with the galaxy at large, and they are a large part of the galaxy, so it is for the best."

The bit of heat that came from the peppers as the oil finally spread throughout her mouth made her mouth water a bit. She could feel the heat flush her face and let out a small sigh of pleasure from the taste. While the food had been good... There was nothing like true Lorath vegetables in her mind.

Aris'Taeus finished cooking and gave the pan a few more well-finessed tosses, just for good measure. He nodded after she was done speaking and said, "Well, I suppose the question is how close is too close? There always seems to be this tension that lingers in the air. The Nepleslians, the Yamataians, their politics are all fueled by their own egos, and no matter how nice they put the garnish on it, it is about how important they are and voices like ours are the little guys. Most of the caste leaders seem to think the further away we are the better, but you're right the better our relationship is with all of them the better... we just need to find a way to be relevant at the table, not just someone else in their strategy game."

He served Destiny her food, and then a plate for himself. "Anyway, enough about other people and places we have to deal with like it or not. What was it like where you were?" The High Priest suffered from loneliness, he realized he was almost bombarding her and it was not intentional. He had been created and shoved into secrecy and while he had the council at his fingertips until he set out to find her he was nothing more than a man in a very nicely made cage. Maj, his Haleshio, and Sen'Ythy had really been the only source of conversation outside of the Caste Leaders.

"We will have to strike a balance. Distance to grow, yet close enough that we have access to resources we may not find, or find we need wherever we go. The Yamatians and Nepleslians have always loved the sound of their own voices at the diplomatic tables, even when I first sat with Uesu and that man Rufus. We will do as we need, make them believe we need them, and get what we do need from them for the time being. I plan to be independent from them as soon as we can be, and be simple trade partners unless something else arises, like this more recent skirmish."

It seemed as if the Xiaah hadn't just been relaxing during her time away, that she had at least been thinking on what she wanted to do when she returned, if she ever had. She took the food and led them both in to find a seat at one of the tables. As he posed his question about what the ship had been like, she seemed to stop for a moment and think on it. A small smile formed across her face as she thought back on her time on the ship.

"I suppose... Not much has been learned of what has happened to me, has it?" She sat back from her food for a moment as she chewed the bite she had stolen and tilted her head. Her mind went back to when she had woken up. "I have glimpses of my memory from before I passed out on my ship. Power Armor suits, the cats, consoles exploding, bloody screaming and rage and combat on the bridge. I remember pushing one of my bridge members to leave, to find a escape pod and get off... Then I remember passing out in my chair after we had set a course to ram another ship..." She toyed with her food as she collected her next thoughts, ice blue eyes staring at the carefully crafted dinner set before her.

"The next thing I remember was awakening in absolute agony. I remember distant muffled voices, people calling out orders for something, I remember the lights as they passed overhead, then blissful darkness as I passed out. Again I woke up, this time in less pain, clearer head, to be told that my people were half gone and I had been dead for a decade. My family gone, my people scattered, everything I knew was... Wrong. From there after I healed and recovered, I found work. Simple physical labor, I figured out a way to streamline work, and was promoted. I eventually ran some of the construction sites on the colony and before long, I had the money to buy a ship, and I did so, leaving behind friends that had no idea who I was. I told them the night before I left, people I had shared food and drink with like a commoner, like we are now."

She took a quick bite of her meal to let the words settle in, and to settle her stomach a little as she thought on the next part she had to explain, how to explain the Karakoram. She smiled at the thought of the ship, of the twins and the foolish Charles, of Mo and everyone else.

"Of course I knew nothing of flying. I got into space somehow... Got... somewhere, and then got lost and ambushed. I killed the bandits of course, but the ship was badly damaged by the bandits. Thankfully, a ship was passing by and they were able to pick me up. They brought me back, but not until after I fell in love with the Mecha that I flew in. Deciding this would be my next job as a way to pay them back for the rescue, I trained to become a Mecha pilot, and actually became a pilot. I joined a ship, the Origin industries Karakoram which is where you all found me, and spent some time there as one of the Mecha squad pilots. It was... Different. I was a regular person, no one knew I was the Xiaah of an entire race. No one realized just what I commanded, save for a few in the upper ranks of the ship and company... None of them knew how much I had. And well, at that time I had nothing, and for a while I wanted nothing more than I had." A push here and there of food before she scooped up another bite, crunching into the vegetables before she took a sip of water and spoke up.

"I am not sure if I am glad yet to have returned. I suppose time will tell, but I know even if you had not come to get me, I would have returned eventually. I would have found my way back to return our people to where we need to be. And the start of that... We will be sending our scientists to work with the Yugumo Science Symposium to work to reclaim what that idiot of a brother of mine tried to destroy out of malice and stupidity." Icy blue eyes looked up from her food to her new "brother" to see what his reaction would be to her first command back in the seat of Xiaah.

Aris'Taeus listened as his new "sister", "his Xiaah" spoke of her experiences and the life that she had led beyond the Matriarchy and beyond her people. To most, the truth would have likely been found to be unsettling; his predecessor likely raged over such stories from any Lorath let alone her. He took a bite of his own food and chewed thoughtfully as she continued to speak; this was so far from the dreams he had of these moments and yet more right and comfortable than he had expected. It appeared that the Matriarchy owed this company Origin Industries for the preservation of their Xiaah, it was a silent note he made one that he would soon handle because with him nothing was made to wait except for him. That was what he was doing, after all, waiting for her.

He could have said a lot to her words, given sympathy, or even provided another reinforced gesture that her return was the most right thing for her to have done. It would have served his role as High Priest well to do so and yet it would have been counter to his goals. Like her he had been forced to live in ways that no Lorath would have expected, had he died before these moments with her he would not have been remembered. She was already dead, so nothing she had experienced since that point would have been remembered by their people. To be forgotten, or not to be remembered was something of an injustice, it was the ultimate insult to a Lorath.

The High Priest took a few more bites and swallowed, he nodded his head slowly as she spoke her first commandments for their people, "It will be seen to, the Occhesta will likely be honored to be put to work again, I know the problem solving of crop rotations and things at home have found some of them bored into the creation of wild inventions that serve to just pass the time," he said, "I, of course, support your decision, perhaps it is time we too agree that we should be true about your brother's actions. The future is ours Harr'Ikke. I've waited for you and you may not know if this decision was right, or if it is what builds fire in your heart. I swear though, that I will do everything in my power to ensure your happiness and that your will, that our will leads our people in the direction they should have went in a long time ago." His eyes met hers with intensity, "We will form a new Matrarichy, and forge a way which will even make these nations who consider us small give reason to see the Lorath for the greatness which we are." His eyes didn't move from hers, rather stayed there, entrapped within hers.

"That fool of a man will be exposed, then forgotten. I refuse to allow him to be remembered for anything. I want all of his crimes, everything he did exposed, and then I want him torn from every last shred of digital code, of physical book, cave drawings and poor photo. I want nothing left of him when we are done, not even whispers." It seemed that Harr'Ikke had a bone to pick with her brother, but there was little love lost after what she had found out the man had done in her absence. She was pleased though, at the fire in the eyes of the man that sat across from her. A smirk formed over her face as she took the time finally to really give the man a once over. She took in his features, and she was glad to see they had made him handsome in the least. Where her original brother had been a handsome man, there was something else about Aris that intrigued Harr'Ikke. She enjoyed the fact that the man seemed to be interested in what she wanted, in her ideas and not just his own plots and plans. It was enjoyable to see the intelligence behind the eyes that could see past his own plans and schemes.

"I suppose our return home should begin in earnest, so we can inform our people of the new direction we are to be headed, and to announce both my return, and to introduce you to our people. There will be some... backlash I am sure, but the house heads back you, and I will as well. So they will have little else to say I am sure outside of some small grumblings here and there. Nothing new I am sure..." She took a few more bites as she began to consider the different things she would need to start reviewing, like population numbers, industry notes and military reports among the many things she would have to consider, but for now she could at least relax and get herself settled in once they returned home.

"After the battle, and after our forces return home, we will hold a news event, one where we will tell our people of our future."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back