• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission LSTV

Kai

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:origin:light_surface_terrain_vehicle
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
The Much awaited LSTV is now completed for submission! Please let me know anything that I need to do to make sure my article is up to snuff! thank you!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Looks good,

Don't see any issues

Three Day Approval Timer Applied - Expires 2/24/2020 @10:00 PST

Since it's off-road capable, I'm wondering some basic off-road related stuff:
  • What are each size truck's minimum and maximum break-over angles? Since it has an adjustable suspension.
  • What are each size truck's approach and departure angles?
  • What is each size truck's wheelbase?
Also, it's cool you've given it a recovery winch and a shovel for getting out of loose ground. I'd recommend fashioning two traction boards to mount somewhere on the outside, as they provide a really necessary solution to many difficult off-road situations. Additionally, a vehicle's tires will need to be inflated to different pressures depending on the terrain. Today, even amateur off-road enthusiasts often carry portable air compressors or mount them directly to their vehicles to handle needing to re-inflate tries, so an onboard compressor would be cool to see added. Maybe since it's sci-fi, the tries could inflate and deflate by themselves depending on either automatic detection or some knob the driver could mess with.

True Facts: When I was in Afghanistan, I taught the SF guys how to traction board by breaking down one of the cardboard boxes that MREs came in and putting it under the wheel of the Hilux that was stuck in the mud.

I will address most of Raz's questions tomorrow, also, I forgot to wikify the Type 42 vehicle recovery Winch and will also do that as well.

Okay, I have addressed all of Raz's concerns in the article except for wheelbase, as well as added the type 42 recovery winch (Which has now also been submitted) and even made a distinction about the tires, as I was initially unaware that Yarvex was an SAoY only item; therefore, the star army version comes equipped with tougher tires than the normal civilian version does.

I also added some optional components, as well as added more versions and more images of the LSTV.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back