• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
The doors of the rented labs opened for Harm again as she left on her lunch break, leaving the collection of engineers and scientists to fend for themselves as she looked to satisfy her hunger. Within the space of a few steps she had reached the lift system and was traveling towards the Emrys restaurant that Kai was planning to meet her at. She looked down at her jet black bodysuit and brushed off a bit of powder that had attached itself to her right leg before running her hands through her hair and binding it into a ponytail. As she busied herself with meaningless physical tasks she kept her mind free of thoughts, not knowing just what to think.

In the few minutes after Harm took her seat in the restaraunt Kai, tailed by Elena walked in, and looked around for a moment searching for her with his eyes. After spotting the telltale bodysuit and black hair he walked over to that table and slid into a seat across from her, Elena taking the one to his left. "Hi Ms. Harm." Elena said quietly seemingly more intent to watch and figure out what she was like before making judgments.

Kai just smirked a bit. "Sorry for being a little late, she was insistent upon coming with..." He said ruffling Elena's hair. "So how was your working morning? He decided to start off with a little small talk while waiting for the waiters to take notice.

Harm folded her napkin precisely in her lap before answering, "Sorry, what happens in there stays in there,â€

Kai merely shrugged the tone off, understanding where it was originating. "Been doing fine really...considering everything that's happened." He said. "You know who I am of course, and this is my little sister Elena." Kai introduced the red haired girl who nodded and looked Harm over quietly. "Just..found her yesterday after 4 years."

The little girl nodded still staying quiet, she seemed to be either shy, or plotting something. "Well anyway, I'm a retired Taisho living the quiet life as an artist for hire. Not too much there really."

Kai nodded to say 'yeah'. "That's all I've been doing, I feel like I've seen everything the military had to offer." Kai said. "And our parents' ship was destroyed in this area 4 years ago and she's been in stasis for two years since then and well she kind of found me here while I was investigating some information I received about our brother's murder." Kai said.

"He was framed by the imperials." Elena said. "That cover story about him kidnapping, raping and murdering Kohana was bull." She said quietly. Kai nodded "That's about all for the reason I came here to start with."

Elena answered the quesiton about their parent's ship. "I don't remember Ijust remember being put into a escape pod and fired into space right before it blew up." she said looking a little sad.

Kai shook his head brushing his hair out of his eyes and looked right at Harm. "That may be true and I realize that, that's why we have to come up with a way to do it successfully." he shrugged. "I heard some advice to try and talk to the empress to get her side of the story before I do anything though. Not quite sure if I want to march into the palace with that kind of accusation on my lips or mind." He said shifting in his chair.

Harm chuckled a bit, "You know if your enemies are the imperials and you have proof of it odds are you won't even get onto the planet the palace is on, much less get an audience with your empress.â€

"I want a double cheeseburger and fries." Elena said happily, smiling for once.

"I'll have spring rolls and miso soup." Kai said to the waiter. Both got ice tea for drinks.

Kai turned to Harm "Maybe...maybe not. that's why one has to be careful."

Kai shrugged and put his hair into a high ponytail and adjusted his duster a bit. "Dying is always a pain in the ass regardless of how many times it happens." He said darkly. "I don't intend to go through that again anytime soon."

Elena looked at Harm and smiled again. "I like reading, playing games video or board doesn't matter, and metallugy." she said witha bright smile. "oh and computers."

Elena nodded and smiled and sipped her drink as they arrived, Kai shrugged and sipped at his too. "Not much else other than that, just trying to live a quiet life away from everything." Kai said.

Harm smiled, "I couldn't get away from it all even if I wanted to. The bright side of that is there is always something to do, never a dull moment,â€

Kip watched the scene happily. He enjoyed watching Kai and Elena together, happy after their reunion, and naturally he loved spending time around Harm even if she didn't know he was there. The interaction of some of the most important people in the ship to his eyes, was priceless.

He was so happy in fact he cancelled a complex array of pranks he'd planned for the engineering section including a hot air balloon. He was feeling to happy with creation to play tricks.

However their was darkness as well, for he could tell from his many sensors, what Kai was thinking, not from his thoughts, but from his pupil dilation, heart rate, body language, and a hundred other signals, that allowed him to judge what Kai was feeling. Kip didn't like it, but trusted Kai to keep his feelings to himself.

He did consider going and joining the table, and indeed was likely going to if the opurtunity to came up.

But for now it was enough to watch.

A waiter soon came to the table, a tray full of food balanced on his palm and shoulder and a stand held in his off hand. Quickly he unfolded the stand and placed the tray down upon it, "Double cheeseburger with fries,â€

Kai and Elena tendatively took initial bites or sips into the food presented to them. "It's good" Elena said happily and continued to eat, she'd be rather quiet for a while because of it. "Having a time where you always have something to do is good, but sometimes it's not everything."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back