• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Make a Common Template for Occupations

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I'm thinking we need a common template for occupations on SARP or at least for SAOY ones.

What should be in there? I'm thinking:
  • Title (followed by overview, symbols, etc)
  • History (When the job was created, notable people in it, what changes have been made to the job over time)
  • Eligibility (Who can get this job, for example Star Army ship captains have to have been a First Officer)
  • Training and Skills (What skills do characters of this job have? Where do they go to school to learn these?)
  • IC Side (What the character should be doing, Duties)
  • OOC Side (How to play this job well and what is expected of the player*)
  • List of Characters (If available, we can use struct to automatically list characters in that occupation)
  • OOC Notes (Author and art credits)
* Some Star Army jobs have OOC sides to them, like the journalist is expected to actually write news stories, the clerk is supposed to actually manage personnel for their plot, the supply character's owner is supposed to manage ship inventory on the wiki and RP post supply requests to Star Army Logistics.

Any suggestions or feedback?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Love this. I was looking for something standard just the other day!

I also really like the OOC side inclusion. I've been doing that more in some of the articles I've been making and am hoping its useful. Giving players some basic direction on the basics of how to play or behave as an 'average' member of the occupation seems like a win.

Thanks! I agree completely. I was goin to make some new occupation articles and I was thinking "Hmm, I really need a consistent template for these that is useful to players."

PS: As a gentle reminder, these suggestions can be upvoted (it's a new thing!) so please upvote them if you want staff to prioritize them!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back