• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Make a Medal for the Battle of Glimmergold Event

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
What would you guys like to see in the Battle of Glimmergold medal we'll give to the participants?

I'm looking for suggestions:
  • Ribbon designs/colors
  • Maybe an actual medal? (could commission this)
Some brainstorming: Maybe something with seven stripes for the seven planets we blew up? Should probably use a gold color in there. For the medal: something that represents the various factions/cooperation?

Anyone have ideas?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Something like an orange-based gold ribbon overlaid with a bend sinister with a color for each participating ally, as has been mentioned, would be cool (though I think Yamatai is best represented by crimson red due to the Star Army's historical association with blood). I'm not really a fan of giving it a medal because, while the roleplay is spectacular so far, the battle hasn't been as devastating or risky in-character as the Third Battle for Nataria ended up being with the whole ST hack the Kuvexians did that made the possibility of death in that battle final. Why would this one be fancier if participation was less heroic? Then again, since it's more of a commemorative award for multi-faction use, maybe a medal would be great so that characters could wear it on their lapels at a 50 year veteran anniversary.

EDIT: Just realized Nataria's award was a medal not a ribbon.

Last edited:
A blood red should be used to represent the joint spilling of blood/assets and be at the center so it constantly reminds people of that. Of course gold for the Kuvexians/the system can border it as a thin line then perhaps a broader white line for peace.

Working on it. I haven't written the description yet (I'll make art first) but here's the page if you want to start linking to it (for example, for use in orders thread or inventories or history sections for characters): https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:awards:glimmergold_star

Other FMs add your faction-specific details as needed.

I kept trying to put faction colors in there and it looked like a mess. Maybe it's better if it's simple.

Here's one concept, blood red on a gold background. Each side has seven smaller stripes representing the seven worlds targeted in the attack.

1612036398152.png

I didn't make the medal part of it (I haven't with any of the Star Army medals).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back