• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Make Kuvexian Species Playable After The Kuvexian War Ends

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I wanted to show what a suggestion should look like so here's an example idea.

After the Kuvexian War ends there's going to be a lot of the invading Kuvexians left behind in the Kikyo Sector, including mercenaries, pirates, business people, and traders. My idea is that we should let players play as solo Kuvexians and maybe other species like L'Kor and Rixxikor as Independents and/or let them join up to existing factions now that they're stuck here. If you like this idea please upvote it.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The Kuvexian Remnant (my unofficial term for them) could use some independents to give them some life.

I think this is a great idea. Like any creation on Star Army, it is good to see it carry on past its original plot design.

I also think it is expected there will be some hold outs that refuse to let the "war" end in their minds.

Oh I am totally behind this, the Kuvexians still see that there is profit to gain from us and they can do it on different methods. The potential plots it could have is already making me drool haha

I know WAAAY back when ame was making them i said it would be pretty neat to play an Elefirn. And i know she didn't make them as a PC race but they hit a lot of flags for what a lot of players want in a PC (Female, beautiful, unique, etc.) and are just not human enough that it adds a nice variety to all the humanoid PCs.

Same for getting some female Kuvies some attention as they are now in a sector where the largest faction is traditionally female-dominated and matriarchal and the culture they are coming from adds some nice interaction variety to PC interactions be it as/from a male or female kuvexian.

I didn't make those species (Elefirn, L'kor) to be playable. If I had planned for them to be playable, I would have written them differently. I initially downvoted this but because it has so many upvotes, I'd like to make a request that the Elefirn not be turned into playable species. Wes bought the L'kor art so I can't say yay or nay there, I suppose, and they're just winged humanoids at the end of the day. Elefirn, on the other hand, have literal psionics.

The Ehlen largely were, but I still need to get art for them. Shooting for this month to finally get that. But I second on the Elefirn not being playable. That paralysis is brutal. Maybe some non-psionic offshoot is discovered if there is huge interest though.

I looks like this suggestion is very popular (score of 9) so we're going to implement it.

I guess the question is: How?

Here's what I'm thinking:
  • Mark Kuvexians and Rixxikor as playable
  • Include them as options in a CCG for independents.
I don't think we need a species CCG - CCGs are usually for factions (like Yamatai has one CCG for the while faction, with the exception of the Nekovalkyrja CCG).

considering the nature of Kuvexians it makes sense there would be a lot of free captains and rouge traders among them so it makes a lot of sense to have them as an option for indi.

Cant wait till the first indi Kuvie corps come out to start strangling the market with their insane business and money making abilities.

I looks like this suggestion is very popular (score of 9) so we're going to implement it.

I guess the question is: How?

Here's what I'm thinking:
  • Mark Kuvexians and Rixxikor as playable
  • Include them as options in a CCG for independents.
I don't think we need a species CCG - CCGs are usually for factions (like Yamatai has one CCG for the while faction, with the exception of the Nekovalkyrja CCG).
1614280239748.png Don't mind if I do... I mean, sounds like a good idea. ;)

I've implemented this by making the species playable but if we want them to use we'll need to mention them in the guide for independent characters.

Which reminds me, I need to finally upload the Ehlen artwork. 😂

RPG-D RPGfix
Back