• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Closed Make Wiki User Pages One Level

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
  • I suggest making Wiki User Pages as one level, there are a lot of subpages in this section that are long since abandoned (to-do lists, etc) , filled with broken links, etc that are clogging up the quality plugin.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Since user pages, like WIPs, are a private space not viewable to non members and search engines I have not been strict about what goes in there. I am curious to see what the members think of this proposal. I think many people use it as a tinker space. I do and my various pages would not combine well since some are 200 item struct lists, vast idea notepads, or my list of 150 NPCs.

If that is decided, can the Quality Plugin skip that directory?

No, but we could...
  • enforce user pages to meet quality standards (with a low point maximum like 1 or 3) or
  • treat them like WIPs where if they're not updated in over a year, they meet the criteria for deletion for being abandoned, or
  • create a policy that any user:username: namespaces (not the actual user page) are removed if the user's last forum login was over 1 year ago
I think these are all potential good ideas although self-updating struct pages like my NPC list might not need to be updated much. I've unofficially been doing the third one already with some of the long-gone users who are not expected to return (and if they do, I keep good backups that go back quite some time and could probably restore the old pages for them if they asked).

I admit I have created userpages that technically aren’t, like my Art Gallery, and so on but that’s because how I had my User page, makes it orderly. I am willing to agree to the third idea that Wes had since getting rid of userpages, of people who aren’t there anymore might help clean up the wiki a little.

I have six pages not including the main User page the links go from.

The page I created to house custody characters I didn’t feel comfortable doing to my main character page because originally the character in there, wasn’t mine and though I was allowed to take the character by the original player, and thus make it mine, still doesn’t feel like it means much.

On a different note, I have thought of attempting to fiddle with the Struct listing, but I think I might need to wait until I learn more about it.

I apologize if my words are confusing.

I'd like to avoid worrying about user pages being well formatted or meeting certain quality bars as much as we can. I like that it's a safe space to try things out, stick half formed ideas, etc.

Well, it doesn't look like this suggestion is one that is very popular so I'm going to close it.

That's okay, though! We learned what people think which is a good thing!

I know this is still making the quality plugin whine so we'll try to find other solutions for you @Andrew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back