• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission Makter's Emporium and Customizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayto Styles

Inactive Member
EMP Pistol
Weight: 2lb Oz
Barrel Length: 6"
Overall Length: 8.9"
Finish: Powder Coat (Grey or Black)
Sights: 3-dot, Fully adjustable rear sight (Windage and Elevation adjustable)
Energy Cell: Standard 10 shot recharge period
Energy Cell Weight: 1lb

The EMP/(Electro Magnetic Pulse) Pistol or EMP P fire's a electronic detonator by means of magnetically charging and launching the bead at 450fps. Upon impact the micro detonator releases an electro magnetic pulse which spreads to a 7 foot radius taking down any electronics that haven't been encased in a lead barrier. The standard Energy Cell lasts for 10 shot before needing to be completely recharged which takes up to 10 hours. The cell has an over heating problem if fired in succession (3 shots 4 if lucky) that will cause the weapon to malfunction and perhaps back fire frying the weapon and the users hand along with it. The barrel length is a bit long but renders a more stable shot with the added weight in the butt from the energy cell. All in all if you want to stop enemy electronics such as their implants and radio communication this is a great tool of the trade. Also comes with an extended belt holster to compensate for it's length.

Robotic Arm Exo-Skeletal Enhancement (RAESE)

Built to encase an arm in synapse recognizers that control the exo-skeleton to operate accordingly. Used widely in construction sites in pair's to do heavy lifting and precise bending these baby's can enhance the physical strength of each arm by ten fold. Though the slight bulk of the arm causes reaction time delay to lift it on command these thing's are built to take a beating. Nothing sharp can pierce through this shell unless there is extreme force put behind it. It may even be able to deflect a bullet or two but why on earth are you wearing one of these thing's if your being shot at? Ditch it and run!

Customized Item's list

Extended .45 ACP HP clip: Allows to hold up to 20 rounds in one clip. The clip is curled under the trigger grip to keep the balance as much as possible but it don't help too much.

EMP Cell Recharge Adapter: Allows the user to hook up his Energy cell to a power source for a recharge.

Computer Integration: Puts a built in keyboard mini LSD screen into the RAESE but will need a power source to run properly.

VR Flip down Eye Screen: A small red tinted glass that covers one eye. This projects an image directly into the eye so only the user can see whatever he has it plugged into. Can be flipped up out of the way at any given moment.

EMP Detonator Beads: These are inserted into the right side of the barrel just above the trigger. EMP P can hold up to 3 recharge worth of beads at a time but it's always good to keep it well stocked because you don't want to forget to reload in the heat of battle.

(More may come later)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Where are the electronic detonators stored in the EMP pistol. You have a power supply but no place for the ammunition being fired within the description of the weapon.

Also change: 7 foot radius taking down any electronics that haven't been encased in a lead barrier

To: Any unprotected electronics.

More practical materials than lead have been developed for use in the RP.

The EMP pistol also has no description of its firing system. Does it use compressed air? Coils? Rails? Chemical explosives? The pistol also lacks a basic description of what it looks like. You should also probably explain how the electromagnetism is contained within a small bead. Also instead of using 7 foot radius you might want to say it has a maximum effective radius of 7 feet or something along those lines.

Remember that when using this weapon it will only be effective against small electronics such as Data pads (maybe) and other low tech electronics. It shouldn't have any effect on the modern computers being used in this RP.

The .45, delete the piercing chart. This weapon will not have any effect on body armor. Also, you need a discription of what the weapon looks like, how it operates, the features of the weapon (no safety?) and if you are making special ammo for it what materials are used in making of the AP rounds. A basic description of how fast the projectile goes would also be nice to have. The weapon also currently only has one setting, automatic, you'd be very lucky if you were to hit your target using this kind of thing. If it's a full auto pistol why does it have sights?

The Arm

Used widely in construction sites

Delete this. This arm has not been approved for use yet and as such can not have been used in construction sites yet.

Nothing sharp can pierce through this shell unless there is extreme force put behind it.

Delete this as well. Instead describe the materials used to make the arm and the arms construction.

This device would also not help with lifting noticeably. Sure your arms are stronger but your body is not. Using one of these things is more likely to throw your back out than actually help you lift. If your going to make an exoskeleton for lifting then it needs to at least cover the back and legs. This piece of equipment would need to be massively improved if it was intended for use at a construction site. You also did not state the power source for the arm.

The VR flip down screen also does not have a description of its power source or even what it looks like. All that is said is that it's a piece of small red tented glass. Does it hover in front of a characters eye? Is it attached to something?

Your computer intigration also does not say where the screen is placed, how it is mounted, how it is powered or anything other than it's a keyboard and screen. Personally I wouldn't want to walk around with a keyboard glued to my arm.

All of your items also lack a price listing. Assuming they all aren't custom made by one person for his own use they would need a price in KS.

Bottom line: Everything here either needs a lot more description or a total reworking.

.45 ACP Holopoint Modification (also called 45 Piercing Automatic)

Ammunition: Holo-Point Armor piercing rounds
Piercing chart: Passes through at point black light and medium armors causes minor damage to heavy armors. Passes through light armor at a moderate distance. Severely damages medium armor from moderate distance. No damage to heavy armor from any distance besides point blank. Severely damages light armor from a distance. Minor damage to medium armor from a distance.
Hollow point rounds are not armor piercing. In fact, they pierce armor worse than pretty much any round I know of (such as FMJ), except perhaps Glasers. This item fails. By the way, the why is the gun called "Holo-Point Modifcation?" There's nothing special a gun needs to fire the hollow point version of its normal ammunition.

Now, for the arms, how do they make someone ten times as strong when the rest of the body is still normal? If you tried to pick up a 1000-pound object your back would break, no matter how strong your arms were.

And for the EMP, how is the energy created and how is it trasnferred to the target (The electric field in an EMP has a rise time of only about 1 nanosecond) and what makes it "detonate" when it hits the target?

Just a minor remark regarding the EMP and lead shielding. Electronics don't necessarily have to be protected by lead. It can be covered by a different highly conductive metallic substance such as copper or steel. And yeah the tech level in the RP would likely have better substances available for shielding. Mind you not everyone would have access to shielded equipment.....

Wes said:
Hollow point rounds are not armor piercing. In fact, they pierce armor worse than pretty much any round I know of (such as FMJ), except perhaps Glasers. This item fails. By the way, the why is the gun called "Holo-Point Modifcation?" There's nothing special a gun needs to fire the hollow point version of its normal ammunition.

Never actually read real tech info on the bullet since in an RP anything could be something else then what it is in standard reality. I just liked the sound of holo point :p If it were armor piercing round the weapon would need modification's due to the bullet's size and grain to reduce recoil and weight displacement.. but this is fine I'll just buy a weapon you already have and maybe tinker with it later on.

Wes said:
Now, for the arms, how do they make someone ten times as strong when the rest of the body is still normal? If you tried to pick up a 1000-pound object your back would break, no matter how strong your arms were.

Since it encases the whole of the arm up to the shoulder you can have leverage other then your back. If the back end of the arm is say against the wall or ground it would easily be able to push or lift said pounds to arm's length. It's normally supposed to be used in pair's so one could crush, tear apart, bend thing's that a normal arm and hand couldn't. At a construction sight workers would also be equipped with RLESE (Leg) which also have a spine supporter that links into the arms but seeing as I never was planning on go that far into getting something like that I didn't think to make up the stats to it. ((Think something like Jax's arm from Mortal Kombat except fingers are more of a wedged point.)) If he used even his elbow as a brace he could lift about 1000 lbs a few feet off the ground.

Wes said:
And for the EMP, how is the energy created and how is it transferred to the target (The electric field in an EMP has a rise time of only about 1 nanosecond) and what makes it "detonate" when it hits the target?

The energy cell transfer's up through the barrel of the gun which causes two magnetic strip on either side of opposite attraction of the barrel to pull apart which causes an extreme pushing force. The "Bead" used for ammunition has a metal coating that is easily propelled by the magnetic force. The inside of the bead houses a trigger mechanism which activates once the metal of the bead is pushed inward by the force of contacted with the target. If the target is to soft the bead may pass through without detonating till it hit's a more solid surface. The bead is active once the magnetic strips run pass it to fire it, this magnetic energy is processed and distributed from it's small power core inside.

And since I don't know what metal's you all are using I just gave a base metal that would be used for shielding thus leaving you free to elaborate. And the rarity of shield equipment is one of the pluses to using this in combat. If some one takes a hit there energy weapons become useless and they have to start relying on other means.

((Oh and look at that I blatantly ignore Uso since he don't get the concept that this is a development sheet. I wouldn't need to to put a price tag since it's all underdevelopment and or he created it on his own.))

I said the screen needs to be jacked into a monitor to see what was on it so think of a wire running from the arm to the screen up his sleeve out his collar to let's say a mount that holds the screen. And since the LSD screen is "Integrated" To the arm and already stated it would need a "power source" that same wire for the flip screen will run power to it. Mind you I don't have any of the equipment yet I'm just trying to clear some of it before I acquire it. I'll acquire a back pack with a sufficient power source of the computer and VR screen as well.

The Arm construction site concept I was trying to give an example of its use as to better understand it so you don't need to to coment on telling me not to say such things. Maybe it is used if/when this is approved. I mean I'd think it would be if it was out there.

Now i think I answered every thing...

"Never actually read real tech info on the bullet since in an RP anything could be something else then what it is in standard reality."

If you're going to develop something, you need to actually know what you're talking about. Suspension of disbelief is no excuse to have a completely unrealistic weapon.

"((Oh and look at that I blatantly ignore Uso since he don't get the concept that this is a development sheet. I wouldn't need to to put a price tag since it's all underdevelopment and or he created it on his own.))"

He gets the concept of the weapon. He also understands the concept of the "development sheet." He's giving you constructive criticism. You need to heed it if you're going to get anywhere with this.

This sounds like something Zack would say: by saying that you blatantly ignore Uso, you aren't blatantly ignoring him. Have fun.

Jadg Wolf said:
This sounds like something Zack would say: by saying that you blatantly ignore Uso, you aren't blatantly ignoring him. Have fun.

I blantenly ignored him that's why I went back and edited my post to incorperate what his comments. I'm still on sore terms with Uso because I'm still getting sour remarks about him from other players now who shall remain nameless. I don't mind the critisizum I'm waiting for you all to pick out more flaws and once I work them all out to your liking I'll edit the main post to incorperate all the information.

I'll get over Uso eventully I just need to stop already labeling him as an ass and get used to him.

So your saying that any time I want to lift something I have to lay down on the ground and place my shoulder on the floor so I can use this arm... practical, very practical. More importantly even if they can lift this stuff they wouldn't be able to move with it. This device would be more of a hindrance than a help to anyone using it.

RLESE (Leg) and this ‘spine support' do not exist on this site.

There is also no stats for any power source to run this equipment. The position of the LCD screen is also not noted.

which causes two magnetic strip on either side of opposite attraction of the barrel to pull apart which causes an extreme pushing force.

Because field strength reduces with distance this shouldn't cause a strong pushing force but instead just the opposite. It would be easier to use a coil or rain gun system to fire the bead.

Also, if the ammunition has a power core inside of it there is no need for a cell to charge it up. There really wouldn't be a reason why the beads shouldn't come fully charged from the get go unless there is something special you are trying to achieve with the weapon. Along the same notes a small power core around the size of a bullet would need a magical level of technology to function. The small mass should prevent it from generating an electromagnetic field of any danger. You should look up Electromagnetism more if you want to field an EMP based weapon.

Uso Tasuki said:
So your saying that any time I want to lift something I have to lay down on the ground and place my shoulder on the floor so I can use this arm... practical, very practical. More importantly even if they can lift this stuff they wouldn't be able to move with it. This device would be more of a hindrance than a help to anyone using it.

All in relevance on who knows how to use it. I can probably think of a thousand different way it could come into use and so what if you couldn't walk with it you could throw it a fair distance. And besides it's not like I'm stating I'm using all of it's power all the time Mak just likes it for show makes him feel better... well at least once he gets it.

Uso Tasuki said:

It does in my head.

Uso Tasuki said:
There is also no stats for any power source to run this equipment. The position of the LCD screen is also not noted.

I sated it was mounted on his arm a small screen maybe 4 inch by 2 inch with a keypad. if you'd like it's on the inside of the forearm. And what are the power sources of your basic computers here? Just imagine he buys himself 2 of these and hard links the together carrying them in his back pack which will run a line of wire out of it through his coat and into the shoulder blade area of the arm.

Uso Tasuki said:
which causes two magnetic strip on either side of opposite attraction of the barrel to pull apart which causes an extreme pushing force.

Because field strength reduces with distance this shouldn't cause a strong pushing force but instead just the opposite. It would be easier to use a coil or rain gun system to fire the bead.

I see nothing wrong with the proposal of using the rail gun system, but then again i see nothing wrong with my system either.

Uso Tasuki said:
Also, if the ammunition has a power core inside of it there is no need for a cell to charge it up. There really wouldn't be a reason why the beads shouldn't come fully charged from the get go unless there is something special you are trying to achieve with the weapon. Along the same notes a small power core around the size of a bullet would need a magical level of technology to function. The small mass should prevent it from generating an electromagnetic field of any danger. You should look up Electromagnetism more if you want to field an EMP based weapon.

There are nanite's in SA so I've seen. If approved this ammunition will be hard to obtain being that it's nanometer engineered and non lethal. Basically the magnetism the gun would have provided to propel the bead would "Activate" the beads power core and even store the extra energy to be used after firing.

Did I leave anything out? And if I correct some of your spelling error's if you had any in the first place It was done automatically due to IeSpell check that I use.

Aside from the fact that your weapon would not propel anything anywhere -.- A small power core inside of a projectile would not be able to do much aside from generate a weak electromagnetic field or just explode. Ok so you have power in your weapon's ammunition what now? If you fired this at someone it wouldn't have any effect, in RP they could easily say that your weapon's ammunition remained inside the barrel as your system would not project the round or they could say that the electromagnetic field is negligible in size. A small magnetized bead and a power core aren't going to produce a sizable electromagnetic field.

The arm also would need a relative weight. Easy to carry or burdensome? There still is no power source for the arm. I would also like to point out that no where in your description is there a statement of the size of the screen, its power source, or where it is mounted on the arm.

Uso Tasuki said:
Aside from the fact that your weapon would not propel anything anywhere -.- A small power core inside of a projectile would not be able to do much aside from generate a weak electromagnetic field or just explode. Ok so you have power in your weapon's ammunition what now? If you fired this at someone it wouldn't have any effect, in RP they could easily say that your weapon's ammunition remained inside the barrel as your system would not project the round or they could say that the electromagnetic field is negligible in size. A small magnetized bead and a power core aren't going to produce a sizable electromagnetic field.

The arm also would need a relative weight. Easy to carry or burdensome? There still is no power source for the arm. I would also like to point out that no where in your description is there a statement of the size of the screen, its power source, or where it is mounted on the arm.

You just don't seem to get the point now do you. Here's a little experiment you can try at home. Take a south pole and north pole magnet's and try and touch them together. Now try it with a piece of metal in between it pushes the metal away. Now make that a super conducted magnet and that piece of metal and be fired with lethal intent.

By no means am i saying this gun is a super conductor magnet I've even stated it's non-lethal but it does launch the bead at like i stated 450fps.

How big's a nano-mite? maybe about the size of an ink pen ball point head could even be smaller. They made the core for the bead's have we got that much straight so far?

A one time explosive device provides kinetic energy required to rapidly build an electromagnetic field through electromagnetic induction rather than through the nuclear chemistry found in a nuclear explosion. A second, low cost technology uses a moving short in a tube fed by a charging system. This technology, known as FCG - Flux Compression Generator, turns out to require far less cash to develop and manufacture.

I will generally be using the first a small explosion will be caused when the bead is triggered with is in turn generated into a small EMP I'll even knock the size down too 4 ft if it will make you happy.

It's not the size of the effect area, it's the triggering that I don't believe is possible. EMP energy can't be bottled up in the bead and then released later on contact because it only lasts a nanosecond. I don't think you could fit an EMP generator in a bead either. Maybe you're barking up the wrong tree here and we should be looking at energy weapons that project EMP and/or ion cannons.

which causes two magnetic strip on either side of opposite attraction of the barrel to pull apart which causes an extreme pushing force

Ok, now you try this experiment. Take two magnets and pull them apart. Now put a metal bead in-between the magnets and do the same thing. Not surprisingly the metal bead isn't fired forward. Your description has the weapons in the magnets moving away from each other and not toward each other. Your weapon would not be able to fire. Please read the descriptions you make of the weapon.

Also, strip should be plural and the grammar needs to be checked.

Again, without a magical level of technology you simply couldn't produce the power to generate an electromagnetic field of serious size. A small explosive, power generator, and EM Generator all in the same small bead? You shouldn't be able to expect to generate a field of any serious size. With the modern technology in this RP the problem isn't getting them to fit inside but instead how to make it be effective.

http://www.milnet.com/space-based.html

Read the Rail gun Comment.

An Electromagnetic accelerator could be used in configuration with the rail gun to speed up firing rate. It's there proven and fact. That accelerator is all that the EMP is using since I don't need to send the bead at speeds such as those. You are all trying to look for too much fact in a fictional world where you don't know what could be possible in a time and age such as this.

The fact of the matter is your not sticking to your own rule's. Theory's can be made more complex about how the weapon could or couldn't work but the fact that this is a fictional environment it can work and for the most part some of the tech is based in fact. Start using your rule of Occam's Razor because what it seems like to me is your just looking for something to criticize.

Your weapon is not functional nor is it enough to fall under suspension of disbelief. Please read my previous posts as to why and make corrections as needed.

Also, the rail gun article does not apply to this situation. Pulling two magnets apart will not fire a projectile forward.

Pulled away as in two bar's of opposite attraction Sliding away from each other horizontally not vertically. This allows for the stronger of the two magnet's to lead the bullet in the correct firing direction. It's almost basic high school science. The barrel should not be compressed to fire the bead since this in the long run would throw off the aim and distance traveled because the boring spiral would be irregular. Thus running two magnetic strips over the bead WILL push AND lead the bead to the correct path.

Um, what high school did you go to? Because field strength degrades with distance the further you pull the magnets apart the less effect they have on eachother and other objects within the system. Yes you would get some attraction still but it would not be increaseing, just the opposite in fact.

The result would be that the bead would accelerate forward, but assuming that your not using a rail gun level of power, only with less and less increase of acceleration. Assuming you fire the bead out of the weapon you ARE still holding a magnent. The bead would be acceleration back towards the weapon. Moving the magnets apart really wouldn't decrease acceleration that much... its just kinda pointless. In any case the bead would end up constantly acceleration toward the center of the barrel until friction has stoped it inside of the barrel.

I fired a pistol in a long time but normally your trying to hit something other than the pistol when shooting.

your retarded.... the gun has a trigger what do you think the trigger's for? To turn on the magnet's once pulled the magnet's activate and slide in about half a second they wouldn't stay on. Why would they stay on what would be the point of them staying on? My last few posts I held myself back to give you a chance but yeah you pretty much are an ass to ramble on about this. You seem to be the only one upset with this and with just about everything any one creates if I'm reading all your posts right. You have absolutely nothing positive to say to any one. And though tiff already told me about you the sad Truth is she isn't the only one talking about you. Jesus your annoying it's like your trying to run this whole board and slowly chocking the life out of any one that might try to join by interrogating them until you have your way. Either learn to be more tolerant of other peoples thoughts or get a muzzle for your trap.

Can't say I didn't give you a chance with your last couple of posts but now your just becoming redundant.

Earlier you said the magnets slid outward. Come up with a clear image of how your weapon works first.

If the magnets are run by the trigger alone the holding down the trigger would not only fire multiple shots but trigger the ammunition to fly back to the gun and impact the round fired before that detonated both rounds either inside or just outside of the barrel.

No where in the original weapon description is any of the firing system stuff even mentioned.

If you just want an EMP pistol I just put one up that Nova Corp will probably start producing.

Also, if I repeat myself it is because the issue still stands and you have not fixed it yet.

Pulling the trigger is like clicking a light on and off. Once the trigger is pulled all the way back the electricity that starts up the magnet's run their course and shut off. If I wanted them to keep firing I would have stated it was a semi-auto which I did not and still the power would shut off briefly to let the first bead exit the chamber. Some of this I would think was commen since. just forget it I dislike putting up with the hassle you provide. I'll just stick with AIm. See Tiff this is a clear veiw of why I don't do boards anymore.

It's like he's the admin and not Wes who just ends up sitting off to the side and ignoring it all. They didn't want me around anyways I'm to cocky for my own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back