• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Art Mapping for Doom!

On Friday Night, I rolled up my sleeves and made a pair of levels for Doom II.

ai.imgur.com_WifdXU6.png

Download them here on this DropBox link.

My next map, I'm thinking, will be a more city environment/urban, like Funky City as opposed to the little village I have going in MAP02.

Technical Notes: These two maps will run on GZDoom only, because I made the map's metadata accept GZDoom only, so it uses features that vanilla Doom II will not have. Attempting to run this in vanilla Doom II will not work.

Once you have GZDoom set up and the DOOM2 wad in the same directory, simply drag ChickenMapToGo.wad onto the GZDoom Icon and play!

For more information on playing Doom, as well as some good community recommendations, consult this enormous image.

DOUBLE UPDATE:

@Sham played my levels. Kudos to him!

ai.imgur.com_MbXTEt2.jpg

ai.imgur.com_mCbDRrU.jpg

ai.imgur.com_fy4GTsU.jpg

ai.imgur.com_DoGb3U1.jpg

ai.imgur.com_6ovnclj.jpg

ai.imgur.com_4WvXAhi.jpg

ai.imgur.com_7mnqezN.jpg

ai.imgur.com_y9NGRTq.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, working on that Funky City map, starting with the protagonist's apartment. Its in spoilers since there's a secret in it:

ai.imgur.com_I7n13Aa.jpg

Countdown till we have neko, nepleslian, and mishhu sprites....
I'll just stick with making levels. Making sprites and creating new enemy types via SLADE3 is an entirely different kettle of fish.

@Sham You cheeky bugger, there was no Blue Key! Good first level though.

Another lovely map layout by yours truly~!

Spoilers due to showing the whole layout, but I figured I'd make an office-like map.

ai.imgur.com_ZQQD1oB.jpg

Haven't played Luca's newest yet, but I have ABOUT half of map 3 done. It is a real doozy of a map and I actually died a couple times testing it.

Have some dev images! (But in spoilers, because spoilers.) Don't mind my cheat spawn, just so I can test doors and switches and not get wrecked.

Screenshot 2016-03-20 02.58.57.png Screenshot 2016-03-20 02.59.10.png Screenshot 2016-03-20 02.59.35.pngScreenshot 2016-03-20 03.00.59.png

RPG-D RPGfix
Back