• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Life Events married and moving.

So, My Wife and I have officially moved, no more worrying about our in-laws. We won't have internet until at least Wednesday, but we shall survive. It looks like I'm going to be transferred to a different position at work, which will give me evenings and weekends off instead of taking up all of my time like my current position does, so everything seems to be looking up.

Hopefully my wife can get a new position in the coming few weeks so that we'll have less to worry about, and we're hoping to get settled in.

Update: got the new position. we've been really busy getting the house in order but things seem to be settling down. My wife's having some minor, easily treatable health problems as well as her boss still being a monumental A-hole, but aside from that we're getting along fine. pretty soon we should be all settled and have a lot less to worry about.

So I got randomly laid off a little over a week ago but that's no big deal because I already got a new job, I'll be starting this upcoming monday. My wife is also searching for a new job because the stress from her current boss is taking a physical toll in the form of ulcers and other stomach issues, on top of the mild anxiety attacks she's starting to get simply by thinking about going to work- Yeah, Her boss is that big of an asshole and I wish it was legal for me to deck him and beat the living crap out of him. Anyway, schedule is up in the air again- It sucks being an adult with responsibilities.

I figured I should post something on here after as long as it's been.

So, I have finally managed to get a job at a bicycle shop (The Bicycle shop in Fayetteville to be precise) and have been working there since July. I also have gotten a second job working the bike department at the Dick's Sporting goods in town. My wife, after hopping from job to job for various reasons, now also works two jobs out in fayetteville as well, one at Hobby Lobby, where she gets covered in glitter, and one at Food lion, a prominent grocery chain in the carolinas. Needless to say, with four jobs between us and a 40 minute commute each way, we don't have too much free time. We're mainly focused on reducing our debt right now, and have already sold one of our cars, taking a $16K debt and reducing it to $3k, which nearly cut our debt in half, as well as refinancing our other car and cutting our interest rate in half. What little free time we do have is mostly done with chores r trying to relax if possible.

Hopefully we can reduce our debt drastically soon and start saving toward moving out of state before too long.

Either way, we're chugging along, adult responsibilities suck, and I miss roleplaying.

@Aendri , We've actually discussed the possibility of moving to the denver area, but our most likely distination will probably be the part of Utah where I was living before. rent isn't too fiendish, jobs are plentiful, and I'm pretty sure I can land a gig that includes a place to stay pretty easily.

And yes @Doshii Jun , Adulting does suck.

New update, in case anyone even cares anymore; I haven't been on lately due to the fact that i've been working almost nonstop to try and keep up with bills, but despite having three jobs between the two of us, we haven't been able to keep up. As such, I've actually signed up to join the Air force. After demolishing the ASVAB and passing the Physical examinations, I've entered the Delayed Entry Program, and will probably ship out for basic in December. Until then, I've been, and will continue, working out in what little spare time I have so that I don't keel over in basic. so, still not much time to do much of anything.

Whoa, that was unexpected!

Good luck with your new career, Kai! Hope it's good to you and your family :]

Hey everybody! I'm not dead yet. In fact I'm in tech school for the Air Force. Basic sucked but I made it, now I just have to suffer a few months in tech school. I probably won't be on aside from the occasional updates, as I'm pretty busy and typically use my free time to talk to my wife, but I figured I'd at least let you all know that we're doing much better (aside from the separation due to training) and I'm adjusting pretty well to being in the Air Force.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well! I sympathize, I was pretty cut off form the world when I was going through Army training. I definitely miss you around these parts. :)

Ah. I was 321st (WARTHOOOOOGS!). And then medhold. Likely the only time we would have crossed paths is when medhold had to borrow other dining halls. Or atheist/humanist service if you went to that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back