• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP Maverock Maid Service

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
ye 40
RP Location
S6S Anvil Quarters
A 5'11" Geshrin man looked rather determined as he strolled through the halls with a datapad in one hand, his tanned skin was quite the contrast to the white long-sleeved shirt he wore but the black cargo pants and boots matched his brown eyes along with the swept-back hair a bit better - most notable thing about David was the kukri-style machete held in a scabbard over his back as he stopped infront of one room's door. He'd noticed some odd activivties when scrounging through the ship's systems to see what computational resources they'd allocated him and what he'd have to divert for his own purposes but it looked like somebody else had been doing a similar thing prior to his arrival, it wasn't something you'd pick up on unless you knew what to look for but luckily enough David was one of those people.

He gave the door a few firm knocks, curious at what kind of person would be on the other side - his guess was some kind of 'spacer that'd jacked themselves into a conduit.

Haisely meanwhile had been enjoying her nap for most of the morning until a certain knock sounded on her door, already she knew it wasn't that bird brained girl or the white haired evil santa clause since they knew to ping her with a message and not bother knocking. So which annoying person of the crew was it today trying to ask her to lunch or some other crap, ever since her little visit to the mess hall some of them had decided her looks were quite cute, which she definitely didn't agree with.

So instead of opening the door, she locked it remotely, and used her favourite program, the doorman.
"Hello sir or madam, how may I assist you today." The strange and clearly robotic voice said through the intercom in the hall outside her room.

The faint humming of a magnetic lock, somebody was home and didn't want to be disturbed but that only piqued his curiosity further, "I'd simply like to meet whoever is hiding their room and see if they're mining or somehow putting all that extra power they stole to good use, mind letting me in?" David spoke as he began tapping away at the datapad, looking up to confirm the room's number briefly before looking back down at the screen.

"I'm sorry but the master has requested not to be disturbed at this time, they are very busy with their work. Which I can assure you is a very good use of all the extra power you have mentioned." The doorman continued, meanwhile Haisely had poked her head out of the pile of blankets and pillows she called a bed and flipped open one of many laptop style devices to check who was outside.

"Huh, haven't seen him before, and he already noticed what I was doing which means he doesn't know me either." She mused to herself.

David smirked slightly and let out an amused 'hmph' at the program's response, it only spurred him on more as the Geshrin continued tapping away rapidly on his datapad, "Well you can tell your master to put on a pair of pants for me, seeing as I'm just getting the cold shoulder." He finally looked up from the datapad to raise an eyebrow at the door's camera with a final keystroke that sent an almost incomprehensible volume of packets to the door's ECU via the extra bandwidth David had allocated for himself, it wasn't exactly sublte but the door's chips would recover in a few minutes - he just needed to overload it and trigger that safety power-cycle for the briefest of moments to disengage the magentic seal anyway.

Haisely chewed her lip, who did he think he was breaking through her door like this, she was told that people were allowed their privacy here dammit. Well she hadn't exactly modified the door much which was something she'd have to change in future. For now the girl dissapeared back into her pile and closed the laptop, the rest of the computers lining the walls and floor she couldn't do much about but they were just idling anyway.

The moment the door's light blinked off David gripped the door and began pulling it back along its bearings, opening it enough to fit his frame through before he heard the power re-engage and the door began trying to fix itself - it certainly seemed like some kind of den inside, clothes, computers and variour other things strewn around the place but the owner was nowhere to be seen.

"So," David began speaking as he slowly walked deeper into the den, pushing aside a hoodie as cautious steps were taken, "Not sure if these clothes are the best idea to have strewn about the place if you are overclocking... but regardless, I wouldn't mind meeting a likeminded individual."

Haisely didn't stir inside her pile hoping he'd assume the program must have acted on its own and there was in fact no one else here, she had however wiggled the helmet of her Photon over her head and was very slowly slipping on the other pieces without giving away her position.

"Sir please, the master does not want anyone to enter their room without permission so I must ask you to leave."

David stood there with his arms crossed over his chest as the Geshrin's keen eyes scanned over the piles of clothes, there was a faint rustling but he couldn't tell exactly where it came from, "Well does master have a name? I want to meet up with them at some point."

"You'll have to arrange a meeting time then, the master doesn't like people going into their room." The doorman continued, Haisely on the other hand had finally managed to get the suit on and it seemed like she hadn't given herself away either, the coating was silently activated blending her form into invisibility to the naked eye. The small girl then did the only thing she could think of to avoid drawing attention to the fact she was hidden, and leapt into the air sending her entire bed of blankets, pillows and clothing in all directions while she slipped over to a wall and stood still.

While he hadn't exactly been expecting an explosion of clothes, he had assumed the room's occupant was underneath them somewhere - David flinched ever so slightly but he watched the way the clothes moved with those experienced eyes of his, the thing about cloaking was that yes it did make you invisible to the naked eye but your body still had an impact on the environment around you. There was seemingly a break in the pattern of the clothes, a foot-sized imprint appeared on one of the floor's many pillows which was big enough to either be a girl's or a kid's footprint - he assumed the former.

Then he found it, the faintest hint of light being bent was barely a noticable thing unless you knew what you were looking for and fortunately for David it looked like the same kind of tech his cloak was made from. "Well, apologies for breaking in but master should be a little more subtle about how they redirect resources for their favour, master should also watch out," David spoke before he flicked a pillow up with his foot and swiftly caught it with his hand before throwing it where he had seen the slight disturbance of light.

Haisely bit her lip again, and caught the pillow. The girl didn't uncloak however but dropped the hand to her side holding the pillow in it for a moment before letting it drop to the floor, before she finally revealed herself albeit still covered head to toe in the stolen suit. "What do you want."

A girl, so he was right - David let out an amused sound as he stood there near the entrance to her room, eyeing over the banks of computers once more before answering, "A name would be a good start, I'm David, David Maverock - then I'd like to pick your brains about your setup to see what they'll let me get away with here."

"I go by MissPinkRocker to strangers and fans." She replied simply without budging, watching the man intently from beneath the helmet, her catlike eyes looking up and down his form recording everything. "So which are you."

"Stranger, though I haven't heard that handle before," the tanned Geshrin admitted, taking one step closer to the curious tech-head. "What about colleagues, do you have a name to give them when you're not hiding behind a cloaking array?" David queried as he took another step slowly, measuring up the room's occupant.

"No." Haisely answered, her much shorter form hadn't changed much as he moved forwards although she was checking to see how easy it would be to get past him and slip out of the room. She didn't want to get into another fight so soon after she was discovered since it looked like all the people here were freakishly well trained compared to other places she'd snuck into with bored guards.

"Feisty one, aren't you," he lightly teased as a previous conversation came to mind, infact the first one after they let him put his bags away and get settled in - it seemed like a reasonable enough jump to make. "You wouldn't happen to be that Haisley girl with metal cat eats and a tail I heard gave the sergeant a run for his money earlier now would you?" he asked, he's alsp heard something about that same girl running around the air vents and given all the hiding this girl had been doing it seemed logical to assume they might be one in the same.

"Not to you I'm not." She said, both confirming what he'd said and communicating that he wasn't yet on her list of friends who could call her that so casually. "And it was maintanence confuits not airvents."

"Alright then, MissPinkRocker, what kind of setup have you got running here? does it just look flashy or can it kick it with the best of them?" David queried the armoured girl, sounding almost a bit sarcastic when he repeated her handle back to her,

"It's for virtual jobs." Haisely said suddenly walking over to sit cross legged beside one of the many closed laptops around the room and opened its lid to look at something on the screen, looks like her fan count had gone up again, there'd be more people wanting a show tonight now who needed proof of her skills. "Do you have any real reason for bothering me I was trying to nap."

"Simply wanting to know a bit more about one of my fellow code flingers, apologies for disturbing you but you've managed to pique my curiosity further," David said as he moved to look at the screen over her shoulder, scratching his beard thoughtfully before continuing. "These virtual jobs, anything specific or just whatever comes your way?"

So nosey, and what's with this uncanny desire to make friends? Surely not all tech users were like him, with a bit of luck he was a 1% or something. Haisely closed the laptop with a snap and stood up moving back across the room away from him once again to sit on a pillow. "I take requests, and people place bets." She said in response to his question, had this guy seriously not been to the kind of the virtual network she so often frequented? It was one of the less boring places out there.

"I see, people often bet against you?" the Geshrin asked as he moved to lean up against a nearby wall, David was less into the flashy and competetive side of this all and more into the practical applications but he did wonder - this girl, she seemed dismissive and quiet in a way, it wasn't exactly the most attention grabbing personality type for the streamer she supposedly was.

Haisely auidbly groaned and flopped backwards into another pile of cushions bringing a gloved hand up to cover her face in a clear facepalm motion, "Please tell me you're joking? Have you never been to the virtual betting servers or something?" She asked directly, as much as she hated giving this random guy her time and effort it would be more annoying listening to him stumble around trying to understand what she was saying if he didn't even know what it was.

"Oh no I'm fully aware of what they are, just not my kind of place," David admitted as he looked over her very clearly annoyed posture, clearing his throat momentarily before continuing, "I guess if you were as good as you think you are then less people would be against you, anyway you wanted some rest so should we pick this up later?"

Oh hell no, she had no intention of 'picking it up later', he'd already disturbed her enough that she would rather answer whatever questions he had and hopefully not see him for a week or so after, but the fact that he'd forced her to suggest it... He was dastardly. "No, people don't go against me, they bet on time brackets. And since you're already here I'd rather be done with you now than put it off." She said sitting up, willing the helmet to look as annoyed as she felt, knowing her words were coming from a blank faceplate.

"Ah, apologies," he spoke, moving one hand to rest against his left temple as the Geshrin tried to figure out why this blatantly obvious thing had elluded him, but at least she was talking to him now - albeit with an obvious dash of spite. She certainly was something alright, a feisty little fiend if he ever had seen one - then again the company seemed to be filled with women that had strong personalities, not that he was complaining. David did have to admit though, the effort she was making to be sure he knew she wasn't amused was amusing to him, causing the man's mouth to curl into a small smile before he spoke, "Why all the hostility?"

"Because I don't like being social? Because I have no idea who anyone in this flying can is? Because interruptions are annoying?" Haisely said quite mockingly, was he seriously enjoying this now? What a creep, next he'd be sneaking some of her discarded clothing into a backpack or some crap and run off with them. "So what do you want, now that i've already answered your obvious questions."

"I'm not so bold as to ask you out of that armour but it got me wondering, you any good in a scrap or just with a keyboard in your hands?" he asked, plain and simple - wanting to know whether the armour was just some gimmick she'd picked up or if she had a reason for owning it.

"I fight to escape not to win. As I'm sure you can see I'm not exactly the best stature for combat." She replied, least he was actually asking interesting questions now, maybe if he stayed interesting she would actually hold off calling for someone to remove him from her room. "My turn, what do you do here and why are you so interested in me?"

"Question for a question, fair," David replied as he crossed his tanned arms over his chest once more and began answering the girl's questions, "Wetwork, or at least that is the intention I came here with but I'll wait and see where they put me - as for the other bit well, it just started as me following up a breadcrumb trail I found but I must admit you've got a captivating way of talking to folks."

"Hmf"

He cocked an eyebrow at her show of displeasure and mulled it over for a bit before giving in and asking, "What?"

"A captivating way of talking to folks... I don't recall asking what you thought of me in that question." Haisely almost spat as she answered, if he was trying to rile her up it was working and she had half a mind to smack him over the head with something heavy and leave him there for someone else to find. She could easily retreat back into hiding around the ship, it was large enough after all.

"You asked why I'm so interested in you, ergo I answered it, you are why I am interested in you - is that a problem?" he answered with a question, she certainly was an oddity...

She was why he was so interested in her, was that even a coherant line? People get interested in others because of key traits or behaviour patterns and then just accept the rest of them, you don't start by being interested in the whole person! "So, you know next to nothing about me yet you're interested in me, not just the rumours you heard but totally and completely? You're a weirdo you know that?" Haisely answered, "You want something don't you."

"I didn't come here with the intention of walking away with anything other than a few answers - why, are you offering something?" David answered with yet another question, there wasn't anything sinister in his voice nor anything that would hint at any kind of ulterior motive - he was just asking afterall.

Question after question! It was like some sick quiz show where the least social person was forced to explain things over and over, what was with this guy! He didn't jump at the chance to keep questioning her, but also didn't take her bait of wanting something. "Well, sorry to say but as you no doubt guessed im not terribly friendly out here."

"Pfftt, no need to be sorry," the Geshrin man scoffed, blowing off her statement before he further tried convincing this armoured girl it was nothing to be sorry about, "everyone has their own things they are good at, for instance..." David's voice halted momentarily as he gave the lass another pass with his eyes, noting the kinds of shapes her body was made of.

"Besides computers you look like you could move around pretty quickly, and you mentioned running away before so - are you fast?"

"Relatively yes, sort of have to be." She replied, wondering where these somewhat personal questions were going.

"I could take your word for it..." David began speaking as his eyes drifted toward a pile of clothes and bedding, bringing his gaze back with an almost playful look, "...or you could show me, it'd be great to have someone to run with."

"I don't really go out and run." Haisely responded, it was true she didn't really go out and train or anything just somehow managed to keep healthy enough to give herself a burst of speed when she needed it by eating less, and eating primarily healthy things although not in a health freak kind of way. "I just run in emergencies really."

"Hm, shame, I was almost looking forward to it," David spoke with a slight hint of dejection before deciding to switch things up a bit. "Well you've kindly answered every question I've thrown your way, so ask me a few things if you want - shoot."

How could you look forward to something which was never even a definite in the first place? "What exactly do you do online if you don't visit the interesting places?"

"Truth be told? not much unless I have a job to do that requires it, like modifying cargo-hauler manifests so that a few rifles aren't missed or giving some public figure an alibi to help hide their sexual escapades - other than that I'm a ghost, was that a good enough answer?" David explained to the hacker-girl.

"Huh, ok." Haisely said a little confused, this guy was going on about tech stuff earlier but he doesnt even go online much? "So what do you actially do then?"

"I'll give you a hint, you don't need an internet connection to convince a machine it is connected - that's half of what I do, other half I already told you was Wetwork," David continued with a knowing grin before deciding he'd tugged at her leash for long enough.

"Ex-SAINT if that helps you paint a better picture or what I can do, Ex-Greens too if that helps appeal to your sense of patriotism."

So he was some flashy ex military guy then, no wonder he had no idea about real tech, well she'd let him figure out how a computer works later, although maybe if she gave him something to do he'd be less talkitive. "Oh, ok then." Well she was glad she hadn't tried beating him with something then, that probably wouldn't have ended well. "So you just kill people then?"

His brow furrowed slightly, had something been lost in translation between them? did she speak some different version of Trade he had missed? David wasn't too sure but the Geshrin hung his head as he responded, "No, yes I kill people but no that is not the only thing I can do - have you been listening or are you watching something else inside that helmet of yours?"

"Well clearly you barely know what a computer is and you don't do anything interesting in the virtual zone, so all that's left is killing people, and sneaking around to help kill people." The girl said quite calmly, soldiers were all the same to her anyway even if they had some fancy unit or name, they all ran around killing people.

"I barely know what a computer is eh?" David repeated as his posture straightened out and he took a few steps towards the smaller girl who was aparently so all knowing. He looked down at her with those deep brown eyes and a quiet huff before speaking, "Alright then Miss, what do I need to do to change your mind?"

"Well... I dunno just do something impressive that isn't killing someone?" Haisely said with a more bored tone than anything, she was really itching to go and just lose herself in the virtual world for a bit now but she couldn't do that till this guy had left and she could curl up under her blankets again.

"Do you have something in mind?" David simply asked, wondering what specific thing it would take to change her mind.

Haisely shrugged, “Not really, although...” She had been wanting to get some replacement claws for a while, the current ones had worn down a fair bit. “Ok, if you can get a set of 2 inch nerimium claws without paying or without anyone knowing that would probably prove it.” She said, with a bit of luck this guy would get it right and she’d get a fresh set without lifting a paw.

"Claws hey, I'm assuming they're to go along with the tail and ears then?" David asked as he mulled over the proposition, already coming up with a possible angle he could play to get this lass her claws. "I assume you have some kind of schematic for them? I wouldn't want to find out they needed a specific curve to them after the fact."

Wait he knew about her ears and tail? Oh yeah he mentioned it earlier didn't he, stupid guards gossiping every damn thing. But he still hadn't actually seen her using them, oh well bad luck for him it seems. "Not really, long as its not above 40 degrees total curve they work." The girl replied, eyeing him closely.

"Nerimium, two inches, nothing more than fourty degrees - I can do that," David spoke as his arms unfolded and he ceased leaning against the wall.

"Does tomorrow work for you?"

Haisely waved dismisively, "Sure, knock yourself out." Despite still talking as though she thoroughly disliked him he was intrieuging her, maybe not enough to hold a proper conversation but she could go for some breakfast... or was it dinner time? She hadn't checked in a while.

The next day

There was a buzz at the cybernetic woman's door, it was some time after lunch and David felt like surely she must have caught up on enough sleep by now so he spoke into the intercom, "Ready to talk now?"

A small click sounded to signal that she had flicked on her own mic. "No... It's open." Came her quiet response, which was in fact correct as the door remained unlocked, within the room Haisely sat on her wheeled chair cross legged. No armour in sight this time however and her pink hair hung around her head like a curtain, messed up and knotted in several places.

David entered and eyed the pink-haired hacker girl down as he presented a wooden box to her, "One set of two inch long nerimium claws with a twenty five degree bend and monomolecular edges - mind if I ask where the tail and ears are?" the Geshrin queried as he opened the em-sheilded box up to reveal a row of cigars that pivoted aside to reveal the claws.

"Oh they're just urban legend, I mess with projections sometimes." Haisely spoke slightly raspily without moving from her spot on the chair. The pink haired girl eventually turned a bleary face to Davids direction and reached out for the box with an open palm.

"Right, and I'm sure these don't hide inside your fingers - who'd dare think of such a thing," David spoke, his words dripping with sarcasm and a small chuckle as he began handing her the foam layer and claws only before deciding to hand over the box and cigars too - why not. "Well are they up to spec, miss?"

"They do actually and yes they'll be fine." She answered all at once, taking the box and removing each claw before almost tossing the box over her shoulder. Haisely very slowly brought it back down and inspected it once more before turning a tired looking eye towards David for the second time. "Did you smuggle these here?.."

"You didn't want anyone to know and while I could've just thrown something into a fabricator and wiped the logs a lack of data alongside a small lack of materials would've caught the eye of somebody no doubt, so I rang in a favour to a Kuznyetski friend of mine who owed me a favour - we both know how good they can be with metal so I got him to forge them for you, so yes, I did smuggle them in but I won't bore you with that part," David admitted with a small nod toward the pink-haired woman.

Huh, so these were custom made then? Well that made a change considering she usually just bought a set of nails or found someone in a shady side of the web with claws like hers on sale, although if he contacted a friend to get these made then had he actually proved he was good with computers? Either way she now had some good quality claws and he had proven he didn't just kill, she would reserve judgement on his computer skills for later.

The girl turned the palm of her left hand over and popped open her fingers, inserting the new claws behind the old ones in a specific space. "Well I guess now that I have these I can stab something and let go next time then." She said almost to herself. "So now what will you do? You completed the task, what's next?" Haisely asked while looking up to face him, inserting the other set into her right hand.

"Just one question, a small one," David began speaking - he had an odd respect for this pink-haired-hacker, of course she was being a bit distant and difficult to work with but not in a rude way or anything and she was one of the few people not asking about his machete which was a breath of fresh air. It was a fair trade in his opinion, new claws for a small request.

"Have I earned the right to use your name yet, Miss? or do I need to run around and complete more errands?"

"Well I could hardly stop you before now could I." Haisely answered, not directly answering the question but it was enough to make her stance known, she didn't really have the authority or power to enforce it. "You can do more errands if you like though."

"Well you spoke earlier about strangers and fans, I'd like to know if I have managed to work my way past that," David mused with a small nod, he'd decided to respect her request the day prior by referring to her by her handle but asking couldn't hurt. "And do you have anything else you need done? I like to keep myself busy and helping out a lovely lass like yourself would be a nice byproduct."

"Tch." Lovely lass, was he trying to flirt or something with a comment like that? Sure he'd seen her earlier without the suit on for the first time before the attack on the Hades base but she wasn't exactly the sort of girl who people usually tried to strike up conversation with. "Well you're not a fan, but I can't call you strange anymore either. I suppose I could find more for you to do."

"While maybe not a fan in that way, I'd be lying if I said you hadn't grabbed my attention, Miss - not that I mind..." the Geshrin's voice trailed off before his stomach let out a low growl of hunger, causing the tanned man to rest one hand against his abdomen before continuing to speak. "We can talk about future endeavours but I wouldn't mind some food too, are you hungry?"

Grabbed his attention huh? Maybe it was the pink, or the mohawk she sometimes had, eh whatever. "I already had dinner."

"You do realise it is a little after midday, yes?"

"...No" Shit, had it really been that long since dinner? Maybe that's why she didn't feel so good for the time being, and so tired. "I'm not that hungry, and still kinda sleepy." She eventually replied after noticing one of her legs had gone numb, she didn't do much most days so eating was sort of a case by case basis thing, and she did feel tired now that she knew how long it had been.

A small chuckle rumbled up from David's throat as he recalled a time he had similar habits, not so much living in a self-made bunker but rather sleeping when he could and working when he wasn't asleep - although he felt like she simply didn't want to leave her room. "I'm going to get food anyway but I can bring something back for you if you want? free of charge," the Geshrin offered his smaller, pink-haired conversational partner.

"mmmm, does that mean you're coming back then?" Haisely asked although she already knew his answer, this guy seemed to have a way to constantly be in her room taking up her time. Although she didn't hate him as much as yesterday, now she was just becoming more curious.

"Well... despite yesterday, I don't usually enter a lady's room uninvited so just a simple no or whatever you want me to bring back will suffice as an answer," David gave as both an apology and an answer, he knew his entrance had been rather... jarring.

"Fine... A burger is all."

"A burger? I can do that - be back in a jiffy," David replied as he moved toward the door and began leaving for his quest to go across the way and get a burger - he didn't half mind running around for her, especially if it made her warm up to him even the tiniest bit.

As the man left the girl sighed, what a hassel, but he was proving to be somewhat useful. Why would he bother though? Surely not just because he was bored, no one willingly acted as a personal slave because they were bored. "Well let's see if he can guess what kind of burger I like then." She said to herself, rolling out of the chair and spreading out on the floor.

A few minutes later the tanned Geshrin re-appeared outside her door with a plastic bag in one hand and the other hand moving to use the intercom, "Your food is here, Miss - door still unlocked?"

"Yes..." She almost sounded like she wanted to say more but didn't know the words to use. The door slid open for him to enter, revealing the now sprawled out figure on the floor.

He entered the threshhold into the darkened room and gave the pink-haired floor bandit a curious tilt of his head before shaking it and deciding to speak up, "I didn't know what you wanted exactly and my caloric intake requirement is something fierce so just pick what you want and I'll have the rest." Sure enough the Geshrin squatted down to present the bag and it was filled with boxes of burgers ripe for the picking.

Well she supposed that was one way of doing it, now lets see what we got here. A few big ones, few medium ones, few smaller ones. All sorts of stuff on the inside so she had plenty of choices, the girl rolled over onto her belly and poked around the bag for a bit before finally picking out one of the smaller ones. Patty and cheese was all she needed.

David was about to rise himself back up when he instead decided to lay down next to the pink-haired woman, taking out one of the bigger burgers for himself and deciding she'd voice her concern if she didn't want the trooper there.

Oh, and now he was lying down next to her. "..." She took a breath but then instead just slowly let it back out again, at least he wasn't right next to her there was still a little space between them. Haisely kept her eyes on the bag instead and took a second burger before she'd even started the first, with the speed of a tortoise she took apart her first burger and put the entire second burger within it.

The dark-haired man raised a curious eyebrow as he watched Haisley deconstruct and rebuild her food, shrugging his broad shoulders and beginning to unwrap his own food as David spoke, "So where are you from? I'm from New De- well they call it Funky City now but yeah - yourself?"

"Dunno, place names n such don't mean much." Haisely said softly before taking a small bite of her now larger sized burger and chewing slowly, painstakingly so. "Somewhere in that place with lots of big guys I think."

"Fair enough," the Geshrin replied as he finished his second burger and began moving on to the third, somehow David managed to have some manners as he tore through the food. "You got folks somewhere?"

“Don’t think so, well I don’t really know I only remember being chased around the streets since I was as young as I remember.” Haisely said quietly, putting down the half eaten burger she’d made and looking down at the floor, although it may have seemed like she was sad but she was actually just regretting not getting a burger with gherkins.

"Ah, well we play the hand life deals us," the Geshrin responded before going back to his food momentarily, given this new information the whole 'antisocial and distant' thing was making some sense to him. David swallowed down some food and turned to face the pink-haired woman side on as they lay sprawled out on the floor of her room.

"Look at you now, fancy cybernetic implants and a cushy position behind a keyboard at a well-paying company - you certainly have managed to play that hand well now haven't you?"

“I didn’t ask to be here, and I only got the claws to help me get around. Why are you trying to be so friendly with me?” Haisely asked suddenly rolling to the side and staring dead into his eyes, it would be pretty obvious now that her eyes were also artificial. But this guy, was just poking and prodding at all her secrets and private life events but why? For what seemed like the first time in her life she had no idea what his angle was, his actions were just a mystery to her.

David finished chewing another overzealous mouthful as his dark eyes looked deep into Haisley's golden orbs, he swallowed rather audibly before moving to lay on his side too and mirror her actions despite the difference in height - The Geshrin resisted the urge to reach out and boop her nose, he had enough of an idea to assume it would've been a bad idea and even physical contact at all seemed like he'd get a faceful of claws but it seemed like the best way to reassure her as David rested his head on one bicep.

"Why not?" his deep voice spoke as one hand moved up to rest on the girl's shoulder. "You may be a little quirky but you're far from unpleasant and boring isn't something I'd associate with you - you're cool and don't let anybody say otherwise," David explained, offering a small smirk and a gentle squeeze of her arm before he retracted his hand back to his side,

The girl locked up feeling the hand on her and as expected her claws popped out with almost no sound, she kept all her equipment in excellent condition after all. A stormy glare crossed her features and she looked about ready to tear his throat out. “Quirky...” she repeated back to him, one hand quivering slightly, claws pointed towards his chest. When she was released her fingers flexed slightly but she didn’t attack him.

Dark eyes trailed down toward the gleaming claws before David used the hand that had previously been on her shoulder to begin gently pushing her claw-bearing hand aside as he spoke, "Yeah, quirky, normality is boring and you already have the pink hair so yes - quirky, in the best way."

Haisely didn’t resist the hand which was pushing her own down but her gaze did not waver. “Stop touching me, I could probably slice something important before you kill me.” She said through her teeth, lying around eating burgers near her was one thing but touching definitely wasn’t on her list of fun activities.

Not one to ignore a lady's request David happily brought his hand away from her bubble of personal space and continued looking deep into those synthetic peepers without flinching at the threat in the slightest, "Apologies, I'll respect that request - and I'm sure you'd at least get close with those claws of yours."

With her food now forgotten the girl half crawled towards her excuse for a bed, “Surely you can’t still be trying to be friendly. Can’t you tell it’s not going anywhere like this?”

"Why aren't I supposed to be friendly to someone as engaging as yourself?" David asked with a hint of genuine confusion behind his voice as he mulled over her words for a second, did she think people only spoke to her when they wanted something? that made sense but he had the exact opposite in mind which should've been made clear by the offers he had made.

"Miss, I'm going to be frank with you," the Geshrin spoke as he began picking himself up off of the ground. "I like talking to you, you see things in a different light to most folks and it is refreshing - in addition I'd be lying if I said you were harsh on the eyes but that just happens to be icing on the cake, only thing I'm trying to get out of you is some kind of friendship but if you'd prefer I leave you to your work then so be it, I'll respect your request." David finished his admittance with a small huff now that it was off of his chest.

So thats what it was then, friendship, what an overrated practice. Friends had only brought trouble in her line of work whether they were friends of clients or fans or even the very very few she’d ever had. “You want to be my friend? I actually believe that, what I don’t understand is why, you say im engaging and sling fucking compliments at me as though its natural. You wanna know why I stay away from people, why I don’t have friends?! Because it always ends badly that’s why, they sell me out or use me or even both, people are so good at pretending it makes me sick.”

Her pink hair shimmered as she shook her head, “Staying in a place where I have a face and a name I control? That’s all I ever want to do, the real world is just one big garbage dump and happy people are the mentally ill.” Haisely finally finished with a dismissive tail flick, her blue metallic tail having slowly extended during her rant. God now all she wanted to do was cry until she fell asleep, what a loser she was, and he wants to be friends, how hilarious.

"I can't make you believe me but I can sure as hell try," David trailed off with a small grunt as he looked over the ground and steeled himself before inhaling sharply through his nose and looking back up at her face. "You want to know why I'm so open about all this? why some random guy is trying to be all friendly with you? Well Miss Haisley Goenkof let me tell you just how genuine I am being - I had to spend years, hell probably more than you have seen in your life, spinning webs of lies and looking over my shoulder to make sure nobody was trying to stab a knife between my shoulder blades. So yeah, maybe I welcome the chance to speak my mind and let it be known that right now I'm thinking you are a wonderfully misunderstood young woman who has had pain and suffering in her life but could use something genuine - is that so wrong?"

David's voice had risen in tone considerably but with his rant over the Geshrin closed his eyes and let a huff escape his nostrils, squeezing those brown eyes shut once more until he felt they were calm enough to take off that predatory edge that snuck in when he was riled up.

"How about that, huh?'

Despite being on the verge of tears her face remained dark, so what if he wanted to speak his mind, she had no obligations to this man. As for wonderfully misunderstood well, there was only one person who was misunderstanding and it wasn’t her. The pink haired girl had spent the better part of her life getting accustomed to being alone.

“Pain and suffering is just life, and it’s part of my chosen destiny given how frequent it seems to be.” She said softly while curling up atop her bed and hiding her face away.

David took a few silent steps closer and let out a small sigh as he looked over Haisley's curled up form, the bed's matress could be felt compressing as he sat on it next to her and made an offer, "Pain and suffering are a necessary part of life, yes, but so too are things like happiness, pride and joy - I want to help you feel some of those latter things, you deserve to feel good after so much pain in your life, Haisley..."

At the mention of her name she sucked a breath through her teeth and her form shuddered, she knew she didn’t deserve any of those things, she was a criminal and unwanted by her own parents for all she knew. These people wanted her skills nothing more, and this man apparently wanted to be her friend, like anyone would ever want that. “Why, why would you bother trying to help me, nobody wants me they just want my ability.” The girl said from beneath her hair and a pillow, she wasn’t budging from her spot.

"Why do I want to help? certainly not for your ability..." David trailed off as he put a reassuring hand on the pink-haired girl's knee. "I want you, for you - the person you are hiding behind all that pain who has reared her head a few times, I must say even though it has only been two days I've found myself taking a bit of a liking to you... and that, Miss, is a fact..."

Whether she was upholding her desire not to be touched or if she was lashing out from emotional stress but Haisely found herself looking down at te claws of her left hand embedded in his leg. “Im sorry...”

David grunted through gritted teeth as he felt the claws pierce the muscles of his thigh, looking down at the sight then to Haisley then back toward his pierced limb - there was a soft chuckle between a few winces as the Geshrin spoke in a low voice, "Shit happens... could you kindly retract those Hng claws before you nick an artery..."

“You should leave, I don’t want to keep talking.” Haisely said while her claws retracted and her hands worked their way under a blanket which she pulled over her head. “Don’t come back tomorrow. She continued from under her protective rug, trying to hold back sobs.

A frown furrowed his brow as the claws left his leg, David gave Haisley a concerned look and wanted to say something more but she was hurting and wanted to be alone - he could respect that. "I..." the Geshrin began but was at a loss for words as he slowly rose up from the bed, "You know where to find me if you need anything... take care, Haisley..."

David gave one final sigh as he headed for the door, placing her half-eaten food on a nearby cupboard as he grabbed the bag and finally left.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back