• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Motoyoshi Bakufu News [MBNN] Prime Minister Speaks out about Yamataian reforms

In response to e-mails; communications messages and other requests for a public statement in regards to the recent public reforms in Yamatai, Prime Minister Tange Ayana has finally released a brief statement today to MBNN:

From the office of Prime Minister Tange-Katsura Ayana said:
I have been receiving many messages asking me about my feelings about the recent administrative changes; as well as, the changes within the Star Army in regards to benefits and their anti-slavery stance. I think it is wonderful that Empress Himiko is taking such large strides to making Yamatai a better place but, I feel that these changes have come too late for us here in the United Outer Colonies.

It takes time for changes to hold, for empires to grow. I think it’s a great thing that things have started to change within Yamatai as a result (be it indirect or not) of our declaration of independence. But, I feel that many of the changes we as a democratic elected Assembly stand on its own. When I sit and draft legislation, I’m thinking of the needs of our citizens rather than our public image. I would like to think that this is true for Himiko as well as, the rest of the members of our elected assembly.

I encourage those that are still unsure of how they feel towards Yamatai to sit down and think for themselves what they want to do. We are not forcing anyone to stay that does not wish to, but we will appreciate anyone that does decide to stay.

This is our new nation. We all have to do our part to build it upon a new foundation of diligence, hard work, and innovation. If we as an elected body of representatives fail to serve you as our citizens- you have the right to remove us and replace us with those you feel are better suiting your needs. If any citizen would like to contribute suggestions to better how we function as a whole we at the Assembly are always willing to receive your suggestions either on the floor or via our communications network.

Thank you for you kind words of support, I hope that within the coming months we’ll continue to make upward progress in how we as a government body can improve the lives of our citizens.

Best regards,

Tange-Katsura Ayana
United Outer Colonies, Prime Minister

RPG-D RPGfix
Back