• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Motoyoshi Bakufu News [MBNN] Protests in UOC, about Halna

Peaceful civilian protests ocurred throughout the United Outer Colonies today in response to the attack on Halna, sending a message of malcontent with the actions led by the Mistress-Taisho and supported by the Empress. They were joined by a small number of Star Army Enlisted, since hastily recalled to duty, but the response from the 5th XF's Command as well as the UOC government has been neutral at this time.

"While I support our Empress, I feel that if there was a terrorist threat, there was a better way to avoid it," says Yuuki Naka, NH-29, age 3. "The Star Army of Yamatai has not only the greatest technology in the known universe, but also one of the greatest intelligence institutions, if rumors are correct. To know of a terrorist threat in this way likely confirms this. An alternate action had to be possible, such as infiltrating Halna."

"We are supposed to be the greatest society in known space," stated student Kaede Shizumura, Yamataian, age 16. "In this time of alleged peace, it's high time we acted like it. Every other nation in known space is out to criticize us, or to mimic us. Nothing good can come from stunts like this. Defend ourselves, yes! But NOT by indiscriminate killing! We aren't at formal war with the Freespacers, after all."

"Certainly, if there was something happening, the Empire had the right to intervene and prevent it," Says James Goodspeed, Nepleslian, age 45. "We know they can't tell us everything, that's simply a fact of living under a Government. However, I wonder if it could not have been handled with a considerably more tact and finess. Yui-Taisho seems somewhat restless, without a stable wartime target to fixate upon."

An insider within 5th XF Command has anonymously issued this statement to us:

"The situation at Halna is not so cut and dry. There are elements to this story, which, for security reasons, cannot be reported to the press. However, there indeed was and still is a threat to the interests of the YSE as a whole, and indirectly the UOC.

Furthermore, as the Freespacers are an anarchistic society, there seems to be no solid military structure; no way to tell civilians from terrorists, and no way to isolate the actions of any specific party.

Motoyoshi-Taisho-sama has maintained a careful stance officially, knowing these things, but has internally expressed regret at the lives lost; especially the children killed in the initial attack. For such a thing to happen, especially during peacetime and in the new Motoyoshi era, seems to weigh heavily on her mind. However, her support of the Empress seems to have not wavered."

General opinion seems to be against the way the operation was conducted, rather than that it was conducted at all, and it continues to be a heated topic.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back