• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [MECHA] Mecha Triathalon

Z

Zack

BORED?

DON'T BE

MECHA

SHOOTIN'

RACIN'

'SPLODIN'

The words were accompanied by a series of star-wipes showing explosions, mecha, fighter craft, and scantily clad women, sometimes separately, sometimes combining two or three of those items into one adrenaline boosting image.

"RULES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!"

Interested teams should send their application to [email protected]

Teams can consist of one mecha in the 40x25x20 meters size category, two mecha from the 20x10x5 meters size category, or four from the 10x10x3 meters size category.

Safety Not guaranteed.

----

Vier frowned as she looked up from the display.

"This appears to be a bit much."

Uso would shake her head,

"I know my audience. Trust me on this. We just need to come up with some decent events for everyone to watch."

Vier would bring up a display of the deserts around Osman city,

"A triathalon should consist of both race and shooting portions. The best place to do so would be behind Mt Gelpnir so any missed shots would not endanger the city." She explained, "ANd...."

"Yeah yeah, and we can use the C5s to project the whole thing for everyone to see. It'll be baller. Now about that first event..."

Gut-Stripe stood near Uso, clad in an ornate, gold trimmed crimson cloak that shrouded all of her body except for her head, with a brass clasp at the collar. Set into the clasp were three jet stones, arranged in a triangle formation; the I'ee emblem of sorts. Her body was also covered in the usual war paint, blood red, and atop her head sat a small, bronze crown with a band of black on its circumference. "From what you told me, I did not expect a wedding to have giant warmachines, explosions and a lot of running, Uso," the I'ee warrior stated flatly, tilting her head to one side. "You aliens have bizarre customs, but it does sound entertaining."

"You're right. Weddings should have giant robot fights." Uso nodded,

"We are not bringing mecha-fights to the wedding..." Vier said sternly,

Uso merely waved her hands dismissively,

"The wedding thing is later, but I think now Gut-Stripe is going to be my co-commentator on this triathalon. We need to include things that will be both fun to watch, and somewhat fair since not every mecha is going to be made for fighting or running or whatever... so Gutty, what do you want to see giant robots do?"

The I'ee commander glanced between Uso and Vier, her face inscrutable. "This is not the wedding?" she asked, still confused, and stepped closer to Uso, her cloak flapping around her body. At Uso's question, Gut-Stripe tilted her head to one side again. "I would want to see them fighting to protect my home," she answered. "I would not waste them on senseless battle. But, failing that, I would like to see them wasted on senseless battle." The I'ee began snorting and huffing softly, apparently laughing.

Uso was furiously typing away on a keyboard, putting together her list of events,

"What do you think of this for our contestants?"

---

Leg 1: Canyon Run!

10 KM of freshly dug canyon. Complete with turns and two bridges that mecha will have to fly under. The rapid turns will require precision, and for the mecha in question to slow down. The first two turns are both 90 degrees, followed by a slow winding trail.

There is a 10 second penalty for every second the mecha spends above the canyon while trying to fly through it.

Leg 2: Range Shoot!

There will be 20 human-sized targets within a 1km square area. Some of these targets will be located in shacks or other small structures. There will be a 10 second penalty for each target missed. Teams will be allowed to use any weapons they can carry with their mecha.

Leg 3: The heavy lift.

Mecha will have to pickup and transport an APC 10 kms. They will be allowed to make modifications to the APC prior to the start of the race such as adding handles or straps, however the APC can not be turned on or moved on its own.

Gut-Stripe approached and stood up on tip-toes to peer at what Uso's list, spending a minute or so reading with her head turned to one side so that her most acute portion of her eye could see the text. "But will the mecha be shooting each other?" she asked insistently.

“Mecha shoot at each other all the time. I think it’ll be refreshing to see a more straight up contest of skill rather than the typical brawl.” Uso thought out loud.

"This is good," Gut-Stripe stated, turning to face Uso and peering up at her. "And I shall be able to watch alongside you, Uso? I should have brought some of Ith'ee's or Ith'it's engineers to watch as well... they would be fascinated and inspired by the spectacle."

"Invite them! We have some time before we host this event. We want to make sure we have the rules Ironed out and that we've got a few good contestants.

I already have a few people in mind too... would your people want to join the contest?" Uso asked

"In that case, I will definitely invite some of our engineers to come and observe the spectacle. I do not believe we have any giant, fighting robots at our disposal, however..." Gut-Stripe tilted her head to one side, thinking to herself. "That being said, I would not be surprised if Ith'ee and Ith'it have their own secrets."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back