• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Medical shuttle the death of frank

E

Esscast

As the medical shuttle would touch down on the ship staff would head to get each member off of it but when they get to Frank they yell back "we got a kia"

The medics would come for the injured Bravo team members first, setting out stretchers and moving them over. Their heavy weight would cause a noticeable shift in the frame as teams of two wheeled them out into the medical facility.

Frank's body would require quite a bit more muscle power.

A Junker drone had been called up for that, moving into the side-bay of the U7 shuttle. The massive black sphere suspended by the numerous heavy-duty tentacles, a series of spider-like eyes taking a look at the heavy corpse, then lifted it up to take into the medical area.

Vier, or at least one of her bodies, was waiting just outside of the shuttlebay for Bravo team's leader... just in case they had any questions about the available medical facilities.

Nora rode a shuttle up from the surface as she had received a startling automated message a short while ago. She felt a cold sensation, one that left a sick feeling, and had not felt before. She gripped the arm rests with white knuckles, her fingers accidentally buried in the upholstery.

The craft would dock shortly later and Nora would hurriedly make her way aboard. "I want to know where he is. Where is Frank?!"

Medical Bay

"Please remain calm. You have suffered a laz-2 level fatality including loss of brain function." Vier explained. Standing off to the side as mechanical arms continued to repair frank's body, finishing up reattaching skin and flesh while also wielding together the last of his armor. It had been several hours since they had been dropped off, and Bravo squad had already been brought back to fighting shape.

"Your self-determination has not yet been returned to you. Once your body has been repaired it will be returned to you."

"You may expect some memory loss and confusion from the rebuild. This is normal, and may pass with time."

"If you feel sick, or confused, please notify the nearest medical officer immediately..."

Shuttle Bay

It wasn't hard to put two and two together. There were only so many people on the ship named Frank.

"Please remain calm. Frank has experienced a Laz-2 recoverable fatality. As soon as his repairs are complete you may be allowed to visit him." Vier explained, another one of her bodies moving to block Nora's path.

"No, I want to see him. Your telling me the father of my child died, and you want to keep him from me?! MOVE!", Nora said through tears, the idea of Frank dead clouding her mind. She continued to move forward, the woman before her be darned.

Ty made his way threw the crowd as fast as he could after the mission was over hading in the direction of the medbay

"Excuse me, miss are you Franks emergency contact,"ty asks Nora

Frank after a long while would be stableized but still unconscious as his cranial Aug repairs his memory

The pregnant Nora looked at Ty suspiciously, wondering if he was here to bar her as well......or try anyways.

"Yes I am Nora, Frank is my boyfriend and the father of my child. If you are here to stop me, I will tell you what I told her. You cannot stop me from seeing him."

Ty shook his head "no I'm notgoing to try and stop you" he says getting directly in front of vire in a way to block her from moving to stop Nora without trying to move ty

"Might want to hurry tho"

Shuttle Bay

While Vier was not standing directly in Nora's way, she certainly was not assisting with bringing her to Frank. Further in were the medical facilities of the USOS Corgan itself, rows of well lit, white, rooms blocked off with thick bullet-proof glass. The occasional liquid soldier standing guard in the hallway as a singular unarmed blob waiting motionlessly for some unseen command.

Medical Bay

"The repairs to your body from this facility have been completed. Your natural healing process will need time to fully absorb the repairs. A limited ability for self-determination has been restored. However your movement abilities have been considerably restricted until such time that we feel your body is able to resume full function..."

Vier's rather calm voice continued on, explaining the basics. Frank had been put back together. The repairs meant he might not remember everything, that he may be confused, and that for now he would only be allowed to walk around slowly.

Nora quickly darted further into the ship at a full run. The first thing to note was the blob men, a stark contrast against the sterile white of the medical facilities onboard. She kept running, ready to shove aside a blob man if any tried to stop her.

Nora would receive a delayed message once within range of Frank's unconscious from

" Nora if you are receiving this message I am alive or someone has managed to revive me however due to being created for psychopomp a input code found in psychopomp recruitment center is required to fully revive me if the code is not retrieved and inputted in 1 week a Fail-Safe will be activated and my body would dissolve, I'm sorry to put this burden to you love if you are unable to it's not your fault and I'll always love you"

Medical Bay

Vier would frown,

"It appears you are not capable of returning to a functional state without further work. Please remember that restoration to a living state is mandatory. For the duration of the repairs your self-determination will be reduced to a manageable level."

The mechanical arms above Frank would return from the ceiling, applying additional drugs, scans, and monitoring devices as the failsafe was examined. Electronic transmissions here were highly monitored, but even so Vier lacked knowledge of how to remove the failsafe itself safely on the first try.

Worst case scenario, Frank could be rebuilt as many times as it took for her to get it right.

Nora was getting close. There would be no point in adding additional strain by attempting to stop her early.

"May I ask you to stop running." Vier said calmly, another one of her bodies waiting outside of the armored, transparent, floor to ceiling window that provided a view of Frank's room. The woman waiting for Nora to decide on her actions as Vier's other body continued to see to Frank.

"As long as I can see him. I have to, I need to know he alright.....especially after that message. Now tell me what is going on," Nora said trying to hold back tears as she caught her breath. One might think her out of shape, or the pregnancy having sapped her energy. But below the skin that to the naked eye seemed like a normal 18 year old girl, her augs and genetic enhancements made such a short run fatiguing her impossible.

No it was emotional more than anything. Why would he be this far back unless he was either dead, or critically injured, and the sight through the glass. Mechanical arms working on a motionless body, was enough to take the strength out her legs. The tears would not be held back any longer.

Vier would observe. Perhaps Nora did not understand, this could be checked for, confirmed, and resolved by providing additional information.

"Frank has only received a Laz-2 level fatality. He will eventually be restored to full functionality though there may be some loss of memory. This should not trouble you as he will be functionally identical to before."

"Then why did I get a message telling me I had a week to find a code, or his comatose body with dissolve!? Why else is he not fucking awake if it is that simple to fix?!"

Nora was slowly beginning to become angered out of frustration and desperation. Her heart pounded as she tried to wrangle her sporadic thoughts for answers.

“The fix is not simple. Additional time will be required for me to complete it. Due to the complexity, I do not have an estimate for completion date. If more than a week is required a new body can be constructed for Frank.”

Satisfactory explanation provided. This should reduce the anxiety and panic being experienced by the pregnant female.

Ty would be fallowing close behind "wait, what?!" Ty shout "were do we get the code?"

Ty leaned up against a wall " if only I was more careful he wouldn't be like this"

Nora snapped her gaze to Ty at his last sentence, "what. Do. You. Mean? "If you had been more careful."," Nora said holding back a anger she knew was not justified, but her emotions were getting the better of her.

Vier would watch, one of the goo-creatures getting ready to move in just in case a response was needed.

"There is really no need for this...." She tried to explain again.

Ty didn't try to defend himself "I was being surrounded by hostils and he jumped in taking them down, getting his injurys saving me and bravo teams wounded even if it would kill him"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back