• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SACN Mid YE43 Rikugun Report to the Commander of the Star Army

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
4月 YE 43
RP Location
Yamatai, Kyoto
To: Taisho Ketsurui Yui, Commander of the Star Army

Our Rikugun forces are currently the largest known within the sector. We lost many elite soldiers during the last week, which have been replaced with both those born for the role and those that volunteered. But considerable reallocation and reduction of resources can be done to create an even leaner and efficient force.

In the spirit of the reduction of our naval forces, I have directed my staff to determine what similar measures could be done for the Rikugun. They were also tasked to determine what areas are deficient and suggestions on how to handle them. Before is the compiled report of my staff as well as a summary of the report. Glory to the Empress!

Mizumitsu Benji
Rikugun Chief of Staff, Taisho

------------------------------------------------

Attached Summary of Readiness Report

The Rikugun officially has billets for 12,500,000 personnel. With attrition from the war with the Kuvexians, the majority are fresh (under 2 years of age) Nekovalkyra to replace losses from the 3rd Battle of Nataria and other unrecoverable personnel. Our equipment is up to the task to deal with peer opponents within the sector, but modernization of systems will ensure that remains the case.

Relocation of Area Armies HQs are currently being carried. The Type 30 Spires are too costly for this level of build up and frontier forts are insufficient protection. But multiple frontier forts built into defensible locations will fill in the gap for the time being. In addition to this, with the development of the Ryoko Fire Support Mecha, the Rikugun now has a means to perform limited anti-orbital support when naval assets are not available to deal with an invasion. Though more dedicated surface to orbit/long range artillery would be needed to not overburden Ryoko assets.

Recommended actions:
Reduce the size of the active duty Rikugun to 10-12 permanent Area Armies.
- Remaining personnel can be pushed into the reserves or forced into retirement. Reserve Rikugun forces retain current legion structures and with surplus older equipment.
- Continue to distribute Active Duty Legions around the Empire. Emphasis on areas towards Kuvexian occupied territories and isolated regions.
Develop or acquire new systems for the Rikugun.
- Squad Support Weapon for Light Infantry
- Stand-off missile for artillery/limited anti-orbit capabilities
- Mobile Fortress half the size of the Type 30 Spires

Further suggestions from Rikugun Field Officers are to be forwarded to the Office of the Assistant Rikugun Chief Of Staff.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back