• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Military Buildup Limitations Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
  • Submission Type: Article Update
  • Submission URL: Linky
  • Original Article URL: Linky
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Nope.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? Nope.
  • Contains New Art? Nope.
  • Previously Submitted? Yes; it was rejected due to being in the wrong forum.
  • Changelog: Linky
A minor update that fixes some typos, corrects some grammatical errors, and (in my humble opinion) slightly enhances the article's formatting. Unless you have constructive feedback to offer, do not post in this thread.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've changed the definition of "Shipyards" (found in the Military Object Types section) to read the following, as under the previous definition it was possible to have an infinite number of warship-producing shipyards - something that, in my opinion, goes against the intended purpose of the Military Buildup Limitations.
Shipyards: Shipbuilding facilities and/or starships that are capable of building capital ships and/or warships.

I also fixed some redlinks.

It's a better definition but there are definitely starships out there that can build smaller starships, which makes this complicated.

Nevertheless, approved.

Should we work out the complications soon in setting discussion, so everyone is clear on what the change actually means rule-wise?

Ugh, I cringe reading this new definition.

You would just say or, not and/or. This AND that, would be just as true as this OR that. The only time you would use AND instead of OR would be if the statement is not true unless both conditions are met.

Do you guys mind if I fix it?

Since Wes believes that doing grammatical corrections is acceptable, you can go ahead and give it a shot @Zack . If it's no good, we'll just revert it and move on.

Ugh, I cringe reading this new definition.

You would just say or, not and/or. This AND that, would be just as true as this OR that. The only time you would use AND instead of OR would be if the statement is not true unless both conditions are met.

Do you guys mind if I fix it?
I think and/or would be better. Please keep that wording.

But it looks silly! Like someone is trying to copy that legalese style without understanding what the words mean. Like how in our laws its called cease and desist instead of just cease because the laws were originally translated over from French sources, and because of the language difference the change over isn't 100%.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't understand what I'm talking about.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back