• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Concluded [Mini-Mission] M3 - Seafood Extravaganza

YSS Battle Of Ayenee Capital City
Taisho’s Private Kitchen
ALINA

Alina matched the gaze of the one that looked towards her. "I have not heard of a main dish either. Then again I am not familiar with Lianjia cuisine, perhaps sometime you might be willing to teach me more about it?" The white haired norian hopped a bit at the clap of hands, "Now those sound like something similar to what I had growing up! I think we definetly she go along with making them!" she exclaimed. Her ears twitched as she looked to Inari.

It was nice being included, even if she could not eat me she really wanted to help the group, "Perfect!" she said to Inari. "I can absolutely multi-task! Thank you for including me. I am pretty familiar with cooking implements, so if you want me to look for something just let me know." she moved to start on her first task of preparing the leaves while she waited for additional direction on the fruit jelly filled lunar cakes. While the work continued to prepare the leaves she thought how to best explain it. "Oh! We cannot eat it, because our bodies lack the enzymes to digest it. Do you have any food restrictions?" she asked of her teammate.

While she worked her ears twitched at the mention of cake, so many delicious food options being tossed around. Hopefully the Taisho liked at least a few of them. "Yes chef!" Alina shouted in response to Chikafusa's direction. She perked her head up at the doctor's commentary. "As you wish," she said to Ayano while resisting the urge to add on a bit about butt slapping.

Taisho’s Private Kitchen

"Those are those soft, spongey sweet cakes right? I think the three of us can get the lunar and these castella cakes done."

“Yes! I’ll get started on the batter!” Lisse answered. “I have a recipe downloaded.” She added, before committing herself to the task of raiding the massive, well-stocked pantries and refrigerators for ingredients, in addition to retrieving any kitchenware and cooking implements she might need. Once that was done, her first step was to crack the eggs into a bowl, before beginning the delicate task of separating the yolks from the whites!

Taisho Private Kitchen

"Excellent!" Yingzi said in response to Lisse. Once the ingredients had arrived, Yingzi started to prepare the batter for the lunarcakes by first making the "golden" syrup by boiling sugar, lemon juice and water until it is a nice amber syrup. She then combined it, cake flour, lye water, and corn oil (since the Taisho hates pork products) to make the dough for the lunar cake.

She watched Lisse make her dough batter and the Shosa working on the fruit filling of strawberries and oranges and more traditional filling of lotus paste and steaming salted egg yolks. In order to not waste the egg whites, he decided to cook them for his own personal needs. The man was often hungry.

Once the dough and fillings were completed (wrapped with lotus paste or dough), Yingzi started wrapping and shaping the outer layer of the lunarcakes. Since they had no mold to create the legendary shape all Lianjia of all subgroups know, she opted to make the basic shape.

She then looked at Mikael and Lisse. "Since I have no mold for this, let's make a more personalized markings on the top of these. Show the Taisho that we are greatly appreciative for the opportunity for being here." Yingzi said to the two, but loud enough for the rest of the kitchen to hear if the others want to join in.

Tachiko settled near Alina, smiling at her. "Don't worry," she used her sweetest, most reassuring tone, "The Taishō is well aware of Norian dietary needs and customs, I am sure. So if you don't know how to make something with seafood, make something that goes well with it!" Looking around the area, Tachiko bit her lower lip and narrowed her eyes for focus. "Oh!" she perked up. "A side, something with... edible seaweed? Yes! There are several Norian dishes like that, right? Sounds like a great idea, I think." She winked and smiled, then straightened back up to address the room. "All right!" Tachiko clapped her hands three times, "Teamwork, right? If you know what you're doing in the kitchen, make sure you're helping out those who don't, ne? And if anyone isn't at the 'cooking the two out of the three' point yet, need to pick up the pace! Teammates, help them!"

Taisho’s Private Kitchen
Mazumi listened as Ayano spoke to her and the two planned their choices. She thought that what Ayano had thought up were excellent choices too, and she realized some of her own were thought up by Ayano. “Good choices, I think a lot of my ideas you have as well,” she told her and she immediately got to work on her part of the dish. She started working on the shrimp, thinking she’d let Ayano handle the lobster if she wanted to. Her mind was focused on the task at hand but she couldn’t help but feel her mouth water at the smells and sights before her.

Ayano began to work with Mazumi to coordinate on the dishes, and the caretaker caught her humming random songs to herself. They were all pretty poppy, half of which were pretty familiar. When she finished preparing the lobster, she began to work on the other part of the filling, before combining the protein and the cheese together and tossing it with oil to give extra flavor but also ensure it wouldn't cause problems inside the clear envelopes themselves. To make the process easier, she offered Mazumi a bag to put hers in then did the same with the lobster.

The shorter of the two brushed the insides of the little pastas with her solution as well, and then squeezed out filling in each before sealing them up, pushing air bubbles out by pressing along the edges. She made more than enough for her parents, and some for everyone to try as well.

So they could tell the difference between their fillings, she put two big pots of water on and allowed them to boil, dropping hers in first while she moved to set plates out. Once she had, she went to stir the light, creamy sauch to accompany the food, though it was not meant to overpower the pasta filling but rather compliment. She was very sparing with the garlic, so it would be a flavor, not the flavor.

"I'll be ready to plate when they start to float on the surface. I set the approximate time." She communicated to her partner her approximate timer for the dishes coming together at the same time via a telepathic message. With that settled, she bumped her hip lightly into her partner's and began to arrange the dark, square plates she chose so she could move them one after the other.

With everything else settled, Ayano began to prepare garnish with one of her new knives, "These are so prem. I can't wait to use them to make more things. I might have to borrow a galley soon if there's time."

Taisho’s Private Kitchen
ALINA

Alina finished prepping the leaves just in time to see Tachiko smiling at her. "Yes, of course! You're a life saver! Is there anything I should avoid in the realm of fruit, vegetable, or fungi?" she smiled back at the woman. She waited for a response while various recipes flowed through her head. "What would the equivalent ingredients be in this kitchen versus Norian ingredients?" she thought. Her eyes flicked around to the others to see what stages they were at.

Taisho’s Private Kitchen

Yingzi very noticably deflated when she didn't even get a side glance from the others, something Mikael instantly picked up. He sent one of his characteristic chibi texts, this time of him simply shrugging his shoulders with a grin. Been there, done that, can't mention the rewards because it isn't that kind of thread. "Oooo, tough luck Shoi, you are a complete unknown to the universe. If and when you make a name for yourself, maybe then you might get noticed. Until then, best get those in the oven if you want to make it in time."

Yingzi simply looked over towards him and Mikael simply nodded his head towards the ovens. She then turned towards Lisse. "Are you ready for your cake to start baking? Might as well put them in at the same time." Yingzi said, looking and sounding a bit happier. While clearly sarcastic, she expected that from a fellow Nepleslian and the sentiment was applicable.

Mazumi​

Mazumi felt she worked well with Butt-slappers aid, and found this pleased her to no end. Ayano was a good worker and she found herself intrigued by her. She observed Ayano working, and did her best and did her part of the job. She had noticed that she had made more than enough for the Taishos, and that’s when she realized that Ayano made some for everyone else. “Awesome, sounds good! She replied to her partner as she finished her part and stepped back when she was done.
Mazumi wanted to watch their creation, but knew that she shouldn’t be too close. She also adjusted her apron to better protect herself from the front end. “My lounge has access to a galley Mazumi commented to Ayano before she looked back and went trough what they needed to do next in her mind.

"Nice." Ayano acted like she needed to peek over Mazumi's shoulder to see what she was doing. Hidden between them, she fwip! Slid her finger up the other woman's back at the spine to see if she would get a reaction out of her. Having someone helping her directly made her happy but it came out in Ayano ways.

"Is it connected to one or is it just reserved? Well, either way...,yeah, that'll work. If you wanna' see me so badly." The doctor teased her before a timer chimed softly. "All set!" She followed shortly after Mazumi finished hers, and was carefully plating their dishes together to present to her parents, something she felt less anxious about the more they got into it, even knowing their tastes. Once the dishes were plated, she garnished each one and put four plates of the ravioli out, to see which filling the chef preferred. The smell of the cream and their chosen proteins melded well together and made it hard for the Taii to not sneak a bite before the rest, but Kazumi was waiting and she was more than a distraction for her.

"I gotta find out where those aprons are sold and get one." She commented out loud, snapping her lips together as if realizing the caretaker could hear her. "Uhh-yeah-yeh-yeh-yeh-uh, we're done over here, Chef!"

Taisho’s Private Kitchen
ALINA

If Alina got a response she did not hear it. She elected to make an Ek-hat or the closest thing she could with Yamataian ingredients. There was a bit of stress over swapping ingredients as she took painstaking care to taste test each ingredient for similarity. "They either like it or I am banished from the kitchens." she thought to herself. Mimi peeped up and whispered into her ear, "Well if they hate it, you'll never get kitchen duty." to which the norian rolled her eyes. Once the dish was finished and topping placed on the side so as not to make the pastry soggy. She wrinkled her nose and nodded with a degree of certainty come hell or high water she ready, "Done, Chef." she stated.

Taisho’s Private Kitchen

Inari pulled her leaf wrapped fish out of the oven. She was rather proud about how they had come out. It was a blend of the two places her heart was. She carefully placed them onto plates. "Essian style Jiyuu fish." She said as she served them up to perhaps be sent out.

After awhile, Yingzi pulled out the tray of Lianjia Lunar Cakes out of the oven. Mikael had made fillings that were blueberry, cherry, strawberry, and pineapple; all mixed with sweet red bean paste for texture. They were not the prettiest things without a proper mould, but they all had the right shape and outer glaze that made them what they were.

Except for the large Tymian Star that graced half of them. Yingzi got bored of making random random artist shapes on the other half.

Taisho’s Private Kitchen

With her apron stained with various food residue after a hard, messy few hours of cooking, Lisse grinned with some satisfaction as she pulled the castella cakes out of the oven. The sweet, yet slightly egg-like smell causing her long, caracal-like ears to twitch with no small amount of satisfaction. After setting the pan on the nearby countertop, Lisse slowly began to cut the cake into neat squares, each one no bigger or smaller than the other owing to her digital mind’s exacting calculations.

For the Taisho’s piece, she topped it with strawberries (she didn’t dare use whipped cream!) and a dash of sugar, before setting it on a small plate.

“Castella cake is ready!” Lisse called out to the others, sweat beading across her forehead from the heat. Otherwise, she was satisfied with the result of her labors.

She could only hope that the Taisho would think the same.

Taisho's Diningroom

While the preparations wrapped up in the kitchen, Katsuko arrived with Akina in tow in preparation to taste the dishes prepared. Katsuko didn't bother to alert the kitchen for their arrival because she figured she had scheduled it and there would be no need. The Taisho sat down at the table and began to look over reports as she awaited to try the concoctions the crew had put together for her. She poured herself and Akina a glass of wine from Ainu Orchards as she conferences with Sayuri to updates on things like the shipyards and other vital departments on the flagship.

Mazumi​

“oohh..” Mazumi said in response to the unasked contact with her spine as she felt her teammate’s finger slide up her spine. “h.. hey… since you're there.. m mind scratching by back, just up there, right of the spine” She said with a blush as she felt an itch. The caretaker couldn’t help herself but want to get closer to Ayano, she seemed like a fascinating person. Already she was friends with her mothers, why not friends with their daughter too.

“Yeah, a bit of both, I mean I do have some reserve drinks of my own, but it is connected to the ship's galley if something happens, like a crew or guest eats too much food.” She said and blushed as Ayano did her Ayano sayings. Then their part was done and with Ayano helping to plate their food all she needed to do wait and hope for the best. Mazumi decided that if she failed the competition, or caused, their team to fail, then she was going straight to the chef, and ask him for lessons. She couldn’t be a proper caretaker if she couldn’t cook as far as the Tennyo was concerned. Mazumi’s blush returned as Ayano spoke about aprons and she remembered things. “if you’d like… I’ll give you this one.” She commented before adding “but I assume you want a new one right? I know where one could be found.”

@Miyako

Taisho’s Private Kitchen

After plating her castella cake, Lisse put the leftovers away and committed herself to wrapping up work in the kitchen. The Sprite had felt like she was on a cooking drama since the beginning of the night and that feeling had not changed. However, Lisse could not deny the fact that she had learned a small bit about cooking from the experience, whether the chef and the Taisho ended up liking her cake or not.

Once she was finished, Lisse took a deep breath and placed her apron back on the rack she had gotten it from.

Now, came the moment of truth.

Taisho’s Private Kitchen

Mikael's augmented reality display lit up in the corner, alerting him of an alert from one of the non-volitional AI agents he designed and ran to help him gather and filter information. This particular one, Linda-78, was tasked to monitor the ship's visual feeds of public areas and alert him of when Katsuko was on the move. It is also tasked with sending short videos of suspicious individuals (based on actions, body language, and a whole host of other parameters), alert of anyone that looks like the Taisho since Taisho Mizumitsu had a tendency to sneak out and blend in with masses to watch them, and to be his liaison with the ship's AI.

He opened the alert and merely smiled, seeing that the Taisho appeared on the move to her kitchen. He looked over towards Yingzi and Lisse, nodding his head towards to the two. "Good luck and I hope the Taisho is pleased with your efforts." Before either of them could say anything towards him, he made his way out of the door. He simply sent Tachiko a grin before rounding a corner to exit the kitchen. He positioned himself outside of the Taisho's dining room and assumed guard duty.

Taisho’s Private Kitchen
ALINA

Alina gave her Ek-hat one last look over hoping that at the very least the Taisho would not kick her out an airlock for it. It did make her wonder if in their off time she might be permitted to conduct more culinary research; at the very least learning comparative ingredients to what she had grown up with as a Norian. Who knows, perhaps she would find more delicious similarities other than those she had used today. With one last look around the kitchen at all the assembled team had accomplished she nearly hopped in shock at Mazumi's bare rear end. She had all but forgotten about the sprite's birthday suit escapade until it was staring her right in the face again. Respectfully she averted her eyes and hoped that things in that regard went well for her when the Taishos eventually showed up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back