• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Mining Guild's ANT Power Armor

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Okay at the momment I'm seeing a few things.
  • First Durandium should be linked to (under armor) also if I missed anything else they should be linked too
  • When talking about the undersuit, a little detail should be given to explain how the suit is controlled by the undersuit. Kinda like how it goes into a little detail with the scanner.
  • Also no where is the strength of this suit clearly mentioned. We need to know for instance how much this can lift, we also need to know on the damage scale, how tough the armor is.

Hiya Syaoran!

Thank you very much for agreeing to go over this with me.

I linked the Durandium, and also added another link to the armor section, and I went over and looked for what else needs linking. I then went to the Undersuit section and worked on that as well as added more to some of the other places.

I also edited and added in the damage rating, and everything else under a new Power Armor stats section, would this work?

It is getting there. The 'Damage Rating" thing needs to be linked to the DRV3 page, and the 'strength' is okay, but it needs a section in systems to explain that it's servo powered and such, and if the whole thing is under servo power, or just the arms.

under armor you said that it can withstand 20kg/m do you mean 20kg/cm? (Which is only 284psi). Also how long does the air filter work, and radiation protection is probably life support?(Not 100% on that but that seems to make the most sense)

For the withstand part, I looked at the other Power armors that were currently in play, and I had decided to write it based on what i had seen, but I did add the C to the /m and added what you had written in the brackets. as for the air filters, I added for an emergency situation since that would make it the longest possible, though I figured they could get that changed when they dock the Power armor at the end of their shift. I also moved the radiation section down to the life support since that now made sense to me as well.

Okay now that we've got numbers things are looking better. But We'll have to tone down those numbers some or change how they work.
  • The first one is the water supply. Being able to supply water for a month is only a little high(around 2 weeks is better) but the way the line is written, it's as if the suit literally carries a month supply of water in a tank, which would have to be many many liters to keep someone in a somewhat healthy condition(which wouldn't' fit in the suit) So I'd suggest changing the wording and making it a water combination of recycling fluids and also collecting water from the air so it can supply the operator.
  • The air filter at 8 months is just too long an operation time (especially since the water supply doesn't last that long. Give it the same operation time as what the the water supply ends up with.

Okay I went to do a pass on it for grammar and spelling, there wasn't really anything big, but there was a lot of capitalization errors. I went through and fixed those. Remember you mostly only capitalize at the beginning of a sentence or when a proper noun(the name of a specific thing) is being used.

I want to ask though what is the Hepas-1? It's mentioned 3 times on the article with no real explination

It was a thing that Madi mentioned once on the NDC’s discord, though now that I look it doesn’t have an article. I’d assume that it is Hazard Environment Power Armor System. I guess I have pretty much mentioned what it exactly was in life support.

I also apologize for the grammar, specifically the Capital bits, heh, I used to be comma happy now I am capital happy. lol

@HarperMadi

Oh! HEPAS is something I forgot to write an article for. It's a civilian standard for specialy power armors, setting forth the requirements based on specialty and a hazardous environment rating code.

A firefighting armor, for instance, would be built differently than an underwater welding or general mining armor, despite both of them requiring a sealed atmosphere. HEPAS 1 was supposed to be our modular civilian armor that I never got around to writing.

Will HEPAS be getting an article in the future? If so then we jsut need to link it when it does. If not, there will have to be a little explanation on this article about what it is.

I made a note in ooc about what it is, based on what Madi had written, so when she gets time to write the article I'll link to that, and make a mention of the update.

HEPAS will get an article as soon as I am able. For now, I agree with Syoran that a breif description of the HEPAS standards met by ANT Mining PA should be in a footnote somewhere. I'll write out the standards and codes based on what you use.

Alright well looking at how it is now I think we can go ahead and APPROVE this.

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

from this site

to this The Mining Guild’s ANT Power Armor on Star Army Space Roleplay

I updated most of the history, including adding the HEPAS-1 Classification so its not just in footnotes and random mentions

I updated the systems from here

to

I’ve also updated the armor, Life Support, Power and Sensors and Communications, and hard points
from

to turn it into this, in the update page

In the update I’ve also added an AI section, because I thought they should have one.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back