• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Missing Prices?

DocTomoe

I was looking through the various sections regarding weapons and other devices and I am finding that there are some bits that were not mentioned, and unpriced.

In the description of the BR28S pack with the rail for a scope. I found that there was no mention of scopes, or prices for such. In the section regarding solid ammunition weapons, I found that there was no list regarding the prices of ammunition, magazines, and other attachments. There is no price regarding the power cell for the Veil personal shield. No mention of power packs for the WickedArms GP-16. No price on grenades for the No-W-5 Electro Laser Rifle's under barrel grenade launcher.

If anyone else has any gaps or if anyone has information to fill in such gaps feel free to post them up.

When in doubt, you can just look up our 'real life' alternate piece of equipment and base your purchase on that. Apparently, KS has about the same value as a US dollar.

Heh, there is also the subject of items that have not been manufactured to replenish "Sold Out" status. Such as grenades on the WickedArms section. How long does it take to make a staple item such as grenades? heh.

Well, thanks for the tip, hope I don't get any complaints about my KS spending.

Hey, I was preprared to spend 498 KS on clothing, but Hanako decided to cover the costs. Kotori thought it was a nice gesture... but my character really has no better idea of how to spend her earnings so far.

Yeah, sure, a Mindy armor could be a nice purchase... but those are around 50 000 KS. In the time needed for Kotori to 'earn' that money, it's likely she'll be the commanding officer of her own spaceship >_>;

<_< I really wish I knew if I could buy a few dozen WickedArms frag grenades or not. They'd be pretty useful in the upcoming mission. B)

Hmm, thats a good point, I wonder if Zen Arms sells some good grenades, maybe a few gang produced weapons may be suitable also... like a "Genetic Scan Grenade" heh.

What would be really cool is if we could get something interesting like plasma grandes, oh and flash/shock granades would be nice too...

Can anyone think of any other Nep tech that would be good?

I want to point out that this is still a running issue, even in the modern wiki. There are items, Nepleslian and otherwise, that do not have prices listed or even a "not sold" section.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:westech:12_gauge_shotgun

This is the first one that comes to mind, which I've noticed both due to price-comparison for the HCG and when I grabbed one for Nikanor. It seems like a small thing, but the recommendation of 3,000 DA or KS on the newbie guide promotes the idea that we should at least have basic weapons and the like with listed prices. It makes it difficult for new players who might feel like a gun would push this. Of course, not everyone accounts for the economy and many GMs (myself included) allow flexing. However, it's definitely something that could make for a good "wiki clean-up" with the addition of basic prices to various older articles.

I want to point out that this is still a running issue, even in the modern wiki. There are items, Nepleslian and otherwise, that do not have prices listed or even a "not sold" section.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:westech:12_gauge_shotgun

This is the first one that comes to mind, which I've noticed both due to price-comparison for the HCG and when I grabbed one for Nikanor. It seems like a small thing, but the recommendation of 3,000 DA or KS on the newbie guide promotes the idea that we should at least have basic weapons and the like with listed prices. It makes it difficult for new players who might feel like a gun would push this. Of course, not everyone accounts for the economy and many GMs (myself included) allow flexing. However, it's definitely something that could make for a good "wiki clean-up" with the addition of basic prices to various older articles.
Added a price for the shotgun. Finally.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back