• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 2.0] Spirits in the dark

Flitter

Hewid looked at Syaboa. He was uncertain what she expected to find. They had access to the ship's brain and all the chronicler's records by now. But he did not see any harm; however Toidorno was present.

"I would suggest that you let the Tin-To'a know what you are going to do." he said to her as he started taking demolitions from the storage container.

Toidorno looked into the Flitter and fixed his attention on La'tâ. "Kindly reserve your inspections to personnel who have been involved in combat. I want us ready to head back to the Yome as quickly as possible."

Tota looked at Sogi, "I do not think I need to be examined. The healer already knows my physical condtion. Best we get ourselves seated and strapped in." He took one of the empty seats in along the starboard side. Sogi meanwhile considered going up to the front, but rethought that idea. While her piai might allow her to fly the Âdortin'sa, she doubted that the warriors from the WAP would. She took a seat in front of Tota.

Brain Room

Miali did not see the details of the logs, but the reaction of Memi told her all she needed to know. He obviously had found something relating to all the gory details of what had happened here and it gave him a sense of urgency to get back. She felt similarly, and put an armored paw on the edge of the chair that he had slumped in. "Hey, Sar-Memi... Don't agonize over not being able to change the past. The best way to honor the fallen spirits of this 'ghost ship' is to make sure that the rest of the poku finds out what happened here, so be thankful you could be a part of that chain."

She paused a moment as she heard the brain inquire about its eventual fate and she raised an eyebrow. The Touro wasn't entirely sure sometimes how much the Jodau Sumanajo's emotions were real or simulated, though its fear or perhaps sadness were tangible enough in its questioning. "Hmm, well maybe we can put in the good word for you to have a nice cushy assignment after we tow the Amuso back," suggested Miali offhand to the AI as she straightened up in her Dahome suit and started walking through the doorway as things were being wrapped up. "Sar-Memi, since the download is almost done, I'll leave you to finish up here on your own. We're departing in a few minutes, so don't be late..."

She began the trek back through Engineering and into the lower deck of the Flitter Bay, eventually coming to rest alongside the Âdortin'sa Vona'oâ for a moment and running her paw across its surface again as was her custom before launching,. "Sar Syavis, reporting for flight duty," Miali spoke confidently, and gave a smile to Toidorno and the rest of crew that had been assembled. It seemed most of the cargo had been placed on board already, and there were also apparently some baqli as well... survivors of the former crew, it looked like. "Sorry I'm late, bookworm back there is just finishing the download to the Yome..." the young Tuoro mentioned, her tail pointing to the doorway she entered from. She then added with a touch of excitement in her purple eyes. "So, who wants to go home?"

Flitter

From her spot, Murr reclined as she was reaching that relaxed feeling and the pain was easing up since she wasn't moving. She was in that peaceful state between dozing off and working on shuffling the data of the report around into a more semi-chronological order.

Hearing a totally new voice that wasn't part of the original team that came over that she knew about. She twisted in her seat, going into full alert as her ears perked up. The straps that held her in place dug into the freshly treated area.

She hissed sharply with menace as the pain of the pressure from the safety straps dug into her abdomen. Her service pistol was aimed at the source of the new unfamiliar voice. She was puzzled at that cause she recognized one of the spare Dahomes back in the fitting room of the P.A Bay. Or was it? ...

Murr's service pistol never wavered as it was aimed at Miali, who was unknown to her. Still in hostile territory, suspicion ruled on the side of security and survival. She was drawing sharp small intakes of air and just as sharp exhales to keep unnecessary pressure off her abdomen. Her eyes darted to La'ta, then to Hewid followed, up to Tiodorno and Syaboa. Ignoring the two baqli for the moment. What chance she had against the Dahome armored unknown was probably very suicidal. But by the Siama and the Nine Fates, Murr would go down fighting. Everyone was accounted for except Memi. Her free paw/hand was unfastening the safety straps as fast as she could get them loose.

Only bookworms she knew were either desk jockeys back where it was safe or the Scholars back on homeworld where she grew up.

Flitter Bay

La'tâ turned to the Tin-To'a as he spoke and gave a soft nod "Yes I suppose that would be more practical." She noticed Miali walk up and gave a soft bow to her, not having been able to introduce herself prior to the operation. Though now was not the time for formal introductions it would be impolite to just ignore her arrival.

"Thank you for coming to help with transport Sar Syavis." She gave a warm smile and would have continued to speak had she not heard some agitated movements in the cabin of the ship.

Knowing that she had a patient inside as well as two baqli her motherly instincts, medic training, and conditioning as a retainer all came to agreement in an instant and she moved back inside thinking that something must be wrong. When she arrived, something was wrong, but not in the way she expected. She saw Murr trying to get out of her seat, with her pistol in hand. She was sure that the medicine shouldn't be causing hallucinations, but there was no reason to have her weapon drawn otherwise. But that wasn't the priority, it was calming down Murr.

"Murr, settle down, we're not fighting anymore." She gently placed her hands on Murr's shoulders and tried to ease her back into the seat, staying in front of her so she could not point the pistol at anyone.

Flitter

Murr jabbed a finger at Miali, still sitting on the seat, with safety straps hanging free where she let them lay. Trying to either look around La'ta and trying to get her to move out of the way. But La'ta had the advantage of the Dahome and postion. Then in one handed sign language:: Where's Memi? :: Another jab of the finger at Miali. Then more sign language :: Whose that? Why's Syaboa not with him? Never leave partner alone! :: Leaning to the side to peer around La'ta to keep an eye on the stranger (Miali) in the Dahome. Hoping to the Nine Fates that her battle buddy Memi was okay and alive.

Flitter Bay

Miali was a bit shocked when she got a gun pointed at her, but once she saw the fact that Murr was wounded it made a lot more sense. They had never been formally introduced, the crewmate was obviously in pain and defensive, Miali was all armored and intimidating on top of it. Perhaps she had been a little too hasty and gungho. She dropped the rifle she had in her off hand to the ground, put her paws up non-threateningly and opened the helmet's mask to reveal her purple eyes and grey furred face which didn't seem the least bit menacing.

"Woah there, Sar... easy does it, now, I'm your friend. Poku... poku vit," she spoke in soft tones, implying that she herself was no threat, and of Tula blood herself. If Murr looked carefully she could see that Miali's Dahome was also damaged from some enemy fire in the thruster which smoked slightly still. "I'm the Yome's Âdornorpa'a, and I'm here to fly you home safely. I just came back here to make sure everyone was able to get on the shuttle alright, because last I heard we had a team member injured, and the captured powered armor to deal with."

Sar Syavis was struggling to make out the fingers being jabbed her way by the paranoid Tula. "If you're worried about the others... Sar Memi is finishing up now in the Brain Room, and Sar Syaboa is completing one last sweep of Deck 1. This party isn't going anywhere without them."

Last edited:
Flitter

If La'ta could trust the newcomer with her back fully exposed, even though armored and placing herself in danger to prevent unnecessary violence. Seeing the Tula lowering her weapon by letting it drop to the flitter's deck and opening her armored visor.

Murr lowered her service pistol to her lap, but kept her hand on it. Trigger finger lay outside of the trigger guard. Just another form of preventing an accidental discharge, even though the weapon was still on safety. Even mechanical things slip or break when least expect it.

Her eyes darted between La'ta and the Tula, Eyes sharp with focus that missed nothing and ears perked and open to miss nothing. Seeing battle damage on the smoking Dahome, Murr nodded and relaxed back onto the reclined seat. Expelling her breath in a sighing hiss of relief.

She was worried and it showed by the way her tail wiggled at the still missing team member(s), Memi and now Syaboa. Even though she relaxed physically, she was in high alert. She wasn't about to let go of her service pistol. She fumbled with the safety straps to refasten them again one handedly.. Mentally cursing herself with 20/20 hindsight, allowing herself to get this badly wounded in the first place. But what was done, was done.

Flitter

Toidorno observed the incident and made a mental note to speak with La'ta in private. With Murr under medication, the Wapoin'a should have removed the Tula's side arm to prevent just such an incident. Fortunately since no one was injured he felt a verbal admonishment would be sufficient.

He walked over to Murr. "Sar Murr, give me that weapon before you injure yourself or someone else. Or worse damage the Flitter so that we can't transfer back to the Yome." He said holding his hand out for the weapon.

Flitter

Murr's eyes widen at the mere suggestion of giving up any means of self defense, no matter how meager it was. Seeing the two Baqli watching the exchange. Last thing they needed was to see dissention amongst a tightly knit combat team and lose the trust that had formed so far.

Murr, quickly ejected out the power magazine, checked the service pistol quickly to make sure it was dead and couldn't discharge in any fashion, before handing it over with reluctance to Toidorno. She was batting hundred percent on this mission. First it was her Dahome, now ready to shoot an unknown in the same style of Dahome, causing La'ta to place herself in harms way to lead to her being disarmed.

She slumped back in her seat in resignation and placing her fate in the paws of others. She couldn't close her eyes as it would show disrespect to Toidorno, the Team's leader. She glanced at La'ta and silently mouthed, "sorry."

Flitter

La'tâ let out a sigh seeing the situation come under control, the last thing they needed right now was to have someone or the flitter getting damaged do to a misunderstanding. She readjusted Murr's seat belt to make sure everything was in place. She didn't say anything when the fire arm was taken, but she knew something would be said about that in the future, it was standard practice to remove anything a patient could harm themselves with when medicating them, but she had forgotten about it since the weapon was with the armor when she was treating Murr.

"Murr, we have secured the ship there is no need for weapons right now, just relax, you can even sleep, there wont be any problems."

Flitter

Miali breathed a sigh of relief as things came under control, between the doctor La'tâ and the Tin Toa. Though a bit of her heart went out to the fellow poku as Murr seemed to be having quite a bad day amidst it all and really needed to get back to the Yome to undergo further treatment. She gave a quick bow of the head to Toidorno, and slipped into the pilot's Acceleration Chair of the craft before she caused another incident. Once she was comfortably strapped in, a quick systems check was also in the cards, just to make sure their ill-mannered saboteurs hadn't tampered with anything while she had been away from the Vona'oâ.

As she checked the power source that had been swapped in was still stable and could handle the load placed upon it with persons and cargo, the grey-furred Tuoro called back to the crew compartment as she started to mentally count heads. "We're looking a bit overloaded with the baqli to take along now... Tin'Toa, I'm assuming you are going to be hitching a ride spaceside with Sar Hewid and Sar Memi? Since Sar Syaboa took a few hits to her Dahome in battle, it may not exactly be spaceworthy any longer so probably best if she grabs the Buvoli Vyma'te up here next to me."

Flitter

Toidorno turned to Miali, "That is the plan. Those of who have fully operational armor will catch a lift on the exterior until you get ready to dock. We'll then EVA the rest of the way into the Yome. You'll have Sar La'tâ riding along just in case there are any complications with our wounded. If her armor is compromised, the we will squeeze her inside with you."

He turned to Murr and put a hand on her shoulder, "You are not in trouble, we have rules about leaving weapons in the hands of those under medication. Your instincts were good, but misguided this time."

Toidorno then exited the Flitter and watched Hewid complete the transfer of explosives.

Flitter

Once Toidorno spoke to her and took off. Murr just nodded. For the sake of the Two Baqlis, Seeing them squeezed into a seat together as the rest of the flitter was packed with two totally different sets of Armor, explosives in the cargo container. And she had plenty of room. She was riding in style, but rather be fully suited up and hitching a ride outside of the flitter to see the stars And walk a back aboard the Yome, instead of being shipped like cargo. At least comfortable cargo.

Murr shifted to closer to one side of seat, making room for at least one Baqli, either Tota or Sogi to sit with her. Allowing either La'ta or Syaboa to pair up with the one that didn't pair up with her. She wanted Miali have plenty of room to fly the flitter. She motioned for one of them to come join her in her seat. She could withstand a bit more discomfort for the comfort of the two baqli who were leaving the only home they ever knew for a new stranger one.

She may present a tough "I'm meaner and tougher than you're" demeanor to rest of the Yome Crew and her teammates. She still had a heart and knowing what is was like to be the outsider. She could be kind to the two Baqli, by making sure at least their comfort was just as important as what was also being carried aboard the flitter.

Flitter

La'tâ gave her own suit a quick inspection to make sure everything was okay. She had participated in battle but the only real damage she had taken was during the explosion, and her shields held out fairly well and the indicators weren't going off, so she wasn't too worried. Now that she had checked herself over she turned to the Tin-To'a "Who participated in combat during this operation?"

Flitter Bay

"Memi, Miali, and Syaboa I believe were all engaged at one time or another in combat." Toidorno replied. "Hewid and I were no involved with the hostiles."

Sogi walked over to Murr. "Are you okay? Why are you moving around so much shouldn't you be resting?" she asked.

Meanwhile Hewid secured the last of the demolitions. He handed the detonators to Toidorno so that they would be separate from the explosives. That way there would be no accidental detonation.

Murr looked at Sogi, giving a soft exhale and patting the space next to her for Sogi to settle in next to her. Saving what she had so far on her detailed report that had a long ways to go before being complete.

She typed in a quick message after she cleared the screen on her notepad. :: Sogy. I'm the type that is hyperactive. If my injuries don't knock me out cold, I gotta be doing something. Besides I feel like I've let the team down by not being more helpful. ::

She showed Sogi what she had typed. She liked the little female Baqli and her partner Tota. If she had the privilege to have kittens herself, she would want them to be independent and quick thinkers like these two. She couldn't help herself as she ruffled Sogi's head fur in a compatriot sort of way.

Deck 1

"I really don't know what will become of you or the ship." Memi felt bad for the AI and Tried to think of something to help it out. "When I get back to the ship I can request permission to have you transfered over and then brought back to the the world station."

Memi watched the status bar reach completion before grabbing the memory devices he brought. "We better get going now. Every one is waiting for us."

Deck 1

"Thank you Sar Memi. I am sure my Ruoka will want the ship and I returned. We represent a sizable investment. I hope that you will find those responsible for killing my crew, and see that justice done." The integrated brain replied.

Meanwhile Syaboa exploration of the deck revealed no other signs of intruders. She did find a couple of discarded prints that included Sogi and Tota. The photos had a number of other members possible of their family or the crew with them in the prints. Another image that was dated only a few days ago was an ultrasonic image showing a pair of tiny babes in the womb. Other than that all that remained was detrius from the looking and killing.

Flitter

Sogi looked at Murr, "Ah, you nyorste...." she smiled. "My pialoi always said that I could not stay still unless I was asleep." She sat on the seat next to Murr.

Last edited:
Flitters

Kindred Spirits. Murr made sure that Sogi was secured next to her. Eyes continue to dart about the flitter and towards the exit. She typed in another quick message to Sogi.

:: I'll send word to my parents so that they can invite you and Tota into the family. This way you both can drive my older siblings crazy while you have a place that is stable. I know it will be hard at first to adjust to a sedate life on a planet. But think of all the friends you'll make. First rate schooling. And you'll get to learn my way of rapid speaking with the paws. Family and I will be honored for you two be part of the Whisk Family. My parents will make sure you'll know your heritage and clan. My Brother will try to secure claim on Ibaka on behalf of the two of you. ::

She showed Sogi the message, hoping that it'll make their transition from being Spacers to being Grounders. Plus in having access to a space freighter would make transporting the Ikâtue (Rock) exports to World Station a lot quicker. And bring back much needed imports.

Flitter

Sogi listened to Murr, she was moved by the generous offer that the Daho'a from the Wotanu Abokatinka Poku made. She was uncertain how to respond, she thought for a moment before speaking. "If the Âmuso Ibâka is salvaged, it would go back to Ruoka Bultor. As for what will happen to Tota and I, you have made a very generous offer. It will be up to the piai of the Ruoka to make the decision. But I will make sure they know about your offer."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back