• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate [Mission 2.3] Âmuar shore leave

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
The Yome Ismâopate was settled into the Vamâqi Bajao where she would spend the next two weeks being repaired. The Mâhoai Âdor technicians were staging the equipment that would be used to work on the wounded warship. External power had been already connected.

The Tin Ta'a of the ship emerged through the airlock and stopped to feel the sun on his fur. He had a bag slung over his left shoulder carrying what he would need for the duration of the repairs. While his crew would be on leave, he had some official work to attend to.

He walked down the extended ramp of that lead to the side of the berth. A number of Saâdor Ikâ were parked along the edge of the berth. They were rental units that he had acquired for the crew. They could use them or the public transportation available.

Tioasme the primary settlement on Âmuar dominated the landscape. With a population of over 500,000 it was the largest land side settlement the clan had.

He walked to the first of the vehicles and opened the door and put his bag into the one of the seats. He turned to watch the crew disembark.

Murr feeling energetic after her power nap, felt the ship at rest. She slid from her bunk and hurriedly gotten dressed. It seamed once again that the deities had favored them. She checked the duty roster to see if she was needed. As fortune smiled on her, There was only the paw-full of crew that stayed with the ship in port. She packed a travel-bag that would allow her to have a several change of clothes.

With the Honors going to Tin Ta'a leaving the ship first, this allowed the crew to leave the ship once cleared from duty. Murr being wise and save time, had learned to check with her ship board section leader first. Once cleared by her leader, she scampered to the exit and checked in with the Onduty Offcer that was checking crew off the ship for accountability and the means to be reached at anytime in case of need and general ship recalling of the crew.

Murr signed for her communication pager and secured it as the Watch Officer made sure she was cleared to leave the ship on shore leave. She smiled at the Wath Officer as he allowed her to leave the ship to enjoy her time off ship.

The red star that shown on Âmuar was nearing mid-sky. A number of grey clouds were scattered to the north. A cool breeze blew across the Mâhoa'ka Âdor. The forecast did not call for precipitation, the high for the area was 20C, the evening temp would drop to 10C. Flitters darted away from the Mâhoa'ka carrying passengers to various destinations.

Standing off to the side of the access ramp, Murr watched those that were heading out on shore leave, getting personal vehicles that were pre-arranged or the flitters that arrived and departed from their pick-up point near the Yome Ismaopate. She slung the strap over her head to let her shore leave kit to hang at her side.

As Murr waited for her friends to depart the ship. She looked over the exterior as it towered high over her. She smiled with a soft purr emanating from her. The Yome Ismaopate was tough as she was. Then remembering her personal missions, she took off to where she could catch a ride in one of the many flitters. She hoped that the two Baqli were being taken care of.

Memi's Cabin

Memi had slept a long time after getting back to his cabin form his shower. His head hurt and he couldn't come up with a good plan to spend his leave. he wouldn't go and visit his family, not yet, he still felt like a failure. So as he sat on the floor, his books scrolls and what not cluttering up the bunks, he decided that he would gather up his note books and a few quills, and head to the local academic stacks and hide until it was time to return to the ship.

With a sigh and his hand pressed to his hurting head, he got up and grabbed his satchel. His head hurt worse standing, but luckily once he found a good place in the archives he would be fine. Slowly he went about pulling on some day cloths, and loading his raggity satchel pack.

Outside Memi's Cabin

La'tâ had finished her own preparations for her shore leave while the ship was repaired, however there was something that concerned her. Memi had just gotten some head trauma, and even though he was screened as fine, he had no one assigned to monitor him, and La'tâ had a feeling he would head somewhere with few or no people, and that would be bad if he suddenly got worse. She let out a sigh and shook her head to clear those thoughts out and then knocked on the door.

"Sar-Memi it's La'tâ, since you recently received a head injury I was asked to look after you for a bit to make sure your condition does not suddenly get worse."

Memi's Cabin

In his half dressed, half awake stupor he was in, Memi opened the door and waved her in, and went back to his prepping. "I'm fine..." He grunted as he checked four or five empty Damuisa cans, looking for any drops of the life giving elixir. Standing there in a basic tunic that hung well below his waist he still lacked his kilt and he was lacking a boot, which was hiding under one of the bunks.

"I'm sorry about the disarray, been working hard in here..."

Memi's Cabin

Normally La'tâ would have ignored the clutter and disarray of someone's room, but there was something that drew her attention even more than the fact that Memi was not properly dressed. "Sar-Memi...how frequently have you been drinking Damuisa?" Her voice was stern, like a mother who was questioning her child.

Memi's Cabin

Shrugging Memi looked at the cans around him and thought out load, "Well I have one or two when I first wake.. that gets me going for the day, I have a few ration bars... then some where between then and lunch I probably drink a few more, mixed with a few cups of Kadamui, while I work... The lunch... If I leave my work station, food from the mess. If not... more ration bars. Then a few more Damuisas and a half of pot of Kadamui between then and dinner... I force myself to go out for food then, unless there is something really important I'm working on.... " He shrugged and looked up at her wiping a bit of sleep from his eye, "A few I guess...."

He shrugged again and went back to getting ready for the archives. "I have to stop at a store on the way to the Archives... need a few things to keep me fueled while I read and what not..."

Memi's cabin

La'tâ was beyond surprised with the answer she was given, things were a lot worse than she had expected. "Sar-Memi, that is entirely unhealthy on many counts. It's no wonder you have trouble staying awake. Your diet is..if you can call it that, is very unbalanced, and lacking in any sustenance. You need proper food to keep yourself in good condition. And you need to cut back on your Damuisa consumption on its own you should only drink six a day, but with your Kadamui drinking as well, you're likely over the safe limit."

Memi's Cabin

Giving the medic a deadly evil glare, Memi turned and started to dig out a clean kilt. He had one somewhere that only had one or two ink stains on it. Finding it under a pile of scrolls he slipped it on as he spoke. "I'm doing fine... I grew up with this diet. With as much work as I have I rarely have time for anything better." He closed the clasps holding the kilt in place ans started hunting for his boot.

"And it isn't like there is anything better in the mess..."

Memi's Cabin

La'tâ did not seemed at all phased by the glare, she was used to patients being angry with advice."The mess hall is at least more balanced nutritionally than the rations. The quality of your work will go up if you maintain a better diet and sleep schedule. And it doesn't matter how much work you get done now if your heart gives out. That would be a very disgraceful death."

Memi's Cabin.

Finding a boot he grunted as he slid it on. "Yeah well, you make it sound like the world has plenty of time in it for lunch breaks. You know I'm still finishing up the stuff from our first launch.. Forget the Practice mission that turned into a Mishu hunt... or even our last mission..." He shook his head and grabbed his satchel... "Fine I got some extra cash... where off ship do you want to grab something more then a ration bar." He said this even as he was dropped a few handfuls of said bars into his bag.

Memi's cabin

"I am sure the Tin-Ta'a would be fine with you taking the time out for your necessary meals." She noticed him taking the bars and putting them in his pack. "If you need assistance as well I'm sure you can put a request in. But if you are going to eat quick meals it would at least be good to buy something a bit more nutritionally balanced." She stepped back to let him out of the room as she thought about the rest. "As for what to eat...well what would you like? Since I'm forcing it on you it's my treat."

Ismaopate Berthing

Murr joined the que to load aboard on the flitters that would take her to Administration buildings of the base. She stood there looking around, hoping to see some of those she had gotten to know through her encounters with them. So far the two passengers they had picked up were whisked off to unknown parts of the base.

When it came her turn, she stepped aboard the flitter and took her seat next to the window to let others to have the isle seat. The noise rose as more passengers boarded and found their seats. She relaxed as a few nodded to her with a wink at recognizing her through her past actions and her uniqueness. Ears wilted when a few made hand motions of something exploding, even though she smiled in return to the individual.

Soon the flitter was loaded and took off to the next stop on its route, flying between the ships that were there to other stops as passengers got off and those boarding. It finally came her turn and she left the flitter, giving the operator a smile and nod as she departed.

Administrative Buildings

Murr moved with purpose to the Communication Center and sighed at seeing the lines there. Crew patches were proudly displayed to show who was with what ship. It was quite a gathering of spacers and base personnel. Each sizing the others up as they held conversations with fellow crew or making new friends from other ships.

She knew eventually someone would want to talk to her, she activated her wrist computer and typed in commands. She smiled, showing some of her teeth.

"Hi! Oh My Siamaka! I heard about your ship. My uncle served aboard that ship!" The Touro spoke excited "What's it like? Still in the thick of things?"

Murr rapidly typed her message and hit enter. A speech balloon appeared above her head with it message.

:: Yes Yome Ismaopate still in the thick of things. We're in port for repairs and restocking. We work hard to get the mission done. ::

Everyone that noticed the slowly rotating holographic speech balloon and message, stared wide eyed, or laughed softly at the antics of Murr.

The conversations flowed around her as she joined in with her speech balloon messaging, typing fast and furious to answer questions the best she knew how. Somehow the word gotten out about the new Dahomes and Ismaopate was one of the first ships to get them.

Murr eyes twinkled merrily as she showed a holo-vid of them. But she had to refrain from showing her encounter where her Dahome was ruined.

When others asked why she didn't speak, she message/replied with :: Under the Oath of Silence by Intelligence :: Well it was part truth by omission of the facts. Others nodded sagely and didn't press the subject much to her relief. She was enjoying the unbiased comradely of others around her as the line ahead of her slowly shortened till it was her turn.

Memi's cabin

He moved to the door grabbing a cloak (cause I don't know if they have coats or cape like objects.) And shook his head at her. "I just said I'd cover it." He forced a smile on his face before moving past her and heading down the corridor towards the hatchway. "If you really feel the need you can get dinner..."

Airlock

Keyul exited the ship through the airlock with Sogi and Tota behind him. He watched them stop and look around at the city that lay before them. "Its so huge... we are actually staying here while the ship is being fixed? Sogi asked.

"Yes, unless we decide to visit the other city. I did some checking and found there is an entertainment plaza called Âebi Udano (Gravity Drops). A collection of rides that you sit in a carriage and it goes through curves and hills and loops and more. Should be a lot of fun. There will be interesting food to eat, and games and such. Plus I am going to take you two shopping to get your some more clothes and such. Until we hear back from your Ruoka, you are my responsibility." he said with a grin. He pointed to one of the Saâdor Ikâ, we are taking the blue one to the plaza. He walked quickly down the ramp, and headed to the vehicle. the two baqli ran on ahead and started looking into the vehicle.

Last edited:
Memi's cabin

"I'll buy dinner then." La'tâ followed after him but reflexively she kept herself about a dâya back behind him, it was a habit from her training as a retainer, and it did not seem she was even aware of it at the moment. "What kinds of foods do you like Sar-Memi? Not rations and supplements but foods."

Administration Complex :: Communication Center

Murr quickly inserted her card into the slot and inputted the alphanumeric string of codes to connect offworld home. She waited as she watched the screen snow blizzard and then darkened to several icons to show the progress of the link up. She smiled as she saw her family crest appear on the screen. She fidgeted as it took awhile to align up her signal with the communication relays.

The crest disappeared to show her mother looking surprised at her then the squeal of delight and calling of the family together as the pick-up camera widen its view. Murr smiled sitting up with good posture to show off her awards, ribbons and new rank. Letting the family get a good look at her as Rawl, her brother explained each ribbon and awards she had gotten to the family.

Then the flurry of her family's style of paw-speak began. To those uninitiated to Paw-Speak, it looked like waving of arms, body wiggles and fidgets with a lot of finger movements, to include the tail at times. It happened all at once with a slight delays. What was advantage about Paw-Speak, everyone could speak at once without waiting for delays of waiting to hear what the other person said. It was all silent vid feed both ways.

The Whisk Family rapidly caught each other up on the news of both home and shipboard life. The two Baqli's, Soga and Tota being without their space born family. Murr felt good all over after putting the final touches to her self imposed mission. She could move on. Knowing that things will turn out okay for them.

Fifteen minutes later, Murr smiled and blew kisses and hugs to fer family and killed the connection. Retrieving her card from the slot, she took off through the Com Center as another took her place. Now it was Party time once family obligations were done ... for now.

Heading out of the ship

As he walked, Memi thought through the idea of what he liked for food. For the most part all food was the same, nothing really stood out much for him. "I don't mind a ground Buvory, on a vitnodamu bun. Maybe with a cold dâmukya ymy with it... But past that, food's food. It is eaten to give one nutrients and fuel to continue through their day." He shrugged a little as if he was sure it was the whole answer all around.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back