• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Mission 2: Heffelumps Beware!

Airfield
Fort Nozomi
Gashmere
NARA

Nara's ears twitched slightly, the caged earrings of mourning donned her ears in a fashion not many would understand. She mourned not for the child her best friend lost, she mourned for the pain Aelya endured. However, they were preparing for a hostile situation, so she would likely take them off for the time being. While her pace kept with Itami's she noted his assistance, "Thank you my friend. I have done some studying since, but I do accept and appreciate your experienced assistance." The hand opposite of the side on which the ranger walked moved to remove the earring as they neared the location for gearing up. His words caught her off guard causing her eyes to widen as she fumbled to catch the earring. She doubted they would get the chance to discuss things later as they had barely discussed things during their period of rest and relaxation. If she did not make it back from this mission it would not be of great note to anyone, minus maybe scant few of the Caeyara.

This mission certainly sounded more complicated than the last. With very little data to go on it feels they were about to enter the find out portion of whatever or whoever Zan had encountered. While she pondered on this she removed the other earring lovingly placing both in a secured pocket on her clothing. Sorrow flowed through her briefly once more unnoticeable to anyone who might happen to be in the vicinity. While she geared up adjacent to Itami she wondered if there would be any chance at a future in this place other than burying herself in similar work. It seemed that her friend's attempts at extending out into the culture had not faired well for her, likely subjecting her to a similar fate. Silently she shook her head washing out all thought and turning to face her battle buddy,
"Ready?" she asked in a stoic tone.

Airfield
Fort Nozomi
Gashmere

Sanda reported to the air field. She had her Mindy all fixed up and ready to go. After the struggle of their last mission, she was packing a Daisy forearm shield to her normal loadout. She nodded to Nara and Itami as she joined them. "Glad to see you back in action Nara." Sanda commented as she got settled. "I don't know much about your people, my participation during operation Fireplace didn't leave me much time to get to know them but I'm glad for your aid." Sanda had gotten an unhealthy dose of Aether Radiation poisoning rescuing a group of Norian children from a dying leviathan. It was the Norian's who wound up saving her as she had collapse just as they had reached her ship. She had spent the next few weeks in hospital and hadn't had any time to get to know any of them before they had been dropped off at their new home.

Airfield
Fort Nozomi
Gashmere

Itami knew that some news was bothering his friend, but he was unsure what this news was. Nor was he sure how to breach the subject, it had taken him long enough to admit that he had feelings for the Norian which he had spend the last week with. The clue that something was going on was the difference in her earrings, thanks to his mother's teachings and the book that Nara had recommended him after their first meeting, he knew there was a significance to them. However, going into battle was not the time to ask.

When they got to the airfield, Itami helped Nara set up her Mindy for combat, keeping in mind that there were a lot of unknowns at this moment, so he set her up with a variety of weapons and protections. "I am not sure what we can expect, my friend. But, regardless, I have your back." He helped her up into her PA. Now was the waiting game for the mission to start, this was the time when mistakes could and would be made if they weren't prepared and ready.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back