• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 21.2] Return to Ether - Spaceside Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wardroom

"Ah, I see," the young Minkan nodded, "I wonder if I'll have time to stop by my parents' place and bug my little brother." The thought only processed for a moment before she came back to the question posed by Hanako. "I think chicken will be best for me, Shosho," she bowed, "That should have just the right kind of protein I need after what we did earlier today."

Chieko then picked up a plate and accepted some of the rice from her commander with gracious words and another bow - making sure to get out of the way for the next person soon after. She then looked around the wardroom for a place to sit where she wouldn't cause problems, but could still be social. The woman's eyes settled on Bors for a brief moment only for her to grin to herself and shake her head - that would not necessarily be defined as avoiding causing problems.

Wardroom

Mitsuko was quick to grab a bowl and take the rice that was offered, licking her lips at the choices she had. "Oh, um...could I have a little of each? J-just to sample them all, you know." She blushed once the words were out of her mouth, worried she seemed too greedy. It didn't keep her from staying seated near the grill to minimize the time between cooking and serving, though.

Wardroom

Natsumi accepted soke rice from the Shosho with a bow, then started working on it. "Steak and shrimp, please Shosho" she smiled and settled back into her chair. "How long do you plan to have us stopover on Yamatai?" she asked.

Wardroom

Hanako began cooking and dicing the meat. "How would you like your steaks done?" she asked as it sizzled. "I am not sure. I think I will have to look at the crew roster and base my choices on that. If possible, I would like to find a new first officer to help me and to train in the ways of being a ship captain. Lately, I have been thinking of getting a transfer to a post on Hanako's World to settle down, but I would not want to leave the Eucharis unless I was confident she was in capable hands. I have been on this ship for six year. I really enjoy being able to roam the universe but at the same time I have been through a lot of horrible situations during our missions. I feel like maybe a change would do me good. I have been asked to give up Eucharis in the past but always refused; I could be on a big ship already, but I never really wanted to be a leader of large numbers of people. I was trained at a young age to be a servant, and that has become part of my personality that conflicts with ordering people around. I joined the Star Army because I was commanded to do it, not because I wanted to be a soldier. I have been happy here, but after doing this so long, I have to wonder what else is out there for me and if I really am in the best place I can be. I hope I have not shocked you."

Wardroom

Chieko was caught off guard by the information given by Hanako - especially such revelations from her commanding officer. Honestly, the Minkan was rendered speechless, wondering if she really could find something to say.

Wardroom

Takeyu stood in the doorway, having heard what Hanako had just said, in the back of his mind he couldn't really disagree with her. "As time passes," he started to say as he walked into the room. "We begin to wonder about our place in the grand universe, about whether or not where we are stationed is actually where we belong," he smiled as he took a seat at the table. "Our experiences often tell us where we should go, what we should do, whom we should interact with. Those experiences also define us, and help us along."

"Ma'am," Takeyu smiled as he turned toward the captain. "Follow your heart, and see where it wants to lead you. Settling down wouldn't be a bad thing, it is because of you is why a lot of us here are so well trained and experienced; for us, we can pass those experiences on to others."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back