• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 5.1] Into the depths

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
Kim moved over to the opening that lead to the lower section of this base.

She sent a brief message to Arkase.
Oshiro-Juni,
Keep Gustav-San safe.

She conducted a scan with her science scanner to confirm what they already had seen visually. At the moment this passage was unused.

Saki moved with Trowa and Kim. She was glad to be with those two. Kim proved as valiant soldier who knew how to keep her calm in the heat of battle. She might be part of science team now, but Saki knew Kim was more than capable of handling herself. She never saw Trowa in combat though and hoped that pilot knew how to kill as well.

"If you don't mind I will take point," She said, shouldering her LASR and waiting for Trowa's response. He was the leader of their small group. "Shina-san anything interesting on the scanner? Trip-lasers or anything?" She asked Kim.

"Nothing on sensors for the moment, but lets move cautiously." Kim said as she started moving into the descending passage. The passage was illuminated by a light the entrance and at the bottom of the shaft. The walls were smooth but her sensors revealed very small variations, striations, and small grooves.

"This passage was tunneled by some sort of technology I'm not familiar with there is evidence of grinding and fusing the walls." As her team approached the bottom, a rhythmic sound could be heard in the distance.

“Go ahead.” Trowa said as Saki moved pasted him. “I like the view from the back better anyway.” He added with touch of Nepleslian charm. He moved along cautiously, letting Kim do her work. “Keep an eye out for any kind of alarm or weapon systems.” He advised Kim as he glanced at the walls. He was about to ask what Kim meant when he heard something. Trowa motioned for silence and listened closely, trying to distinguish the sound. He motioned Saki forward with a wave of his hand then brought his weapon up and ready should they run into trouble.

Saki nodded and then walked forward. When Trowa mention the view from behind she blushed, happy to have helmet on her face. She shook her head slightly and moved on. Saki lowered railgun on her left shoulder to have one big gun ready if needed, but for know meant to use her LASR. As she walked she was looking out for any alarm triggers. Transmitters in the walls or something.

Kim moved forward with her scanner in passive mode. She found a pair of optical sensors ahead. "Two electronic eyes. Float to the ceiling keep any part of your armor higher than 1 meter." she said making her way over the beams.

Once clear she moved a few meters down. The scanner was starting to register significant electrical activity ahead.

Blue haired neko swallowed as she flew to the ceiling, going right under it. She flew horizontaly, making sure not to trigger anything. Her Gauss gun could be fired like that too, after she straightened them both.

"I don't like this." Saki said as she moved forward. Her eyes were checking the area in front of the group warily.

Trowa followed Kim’s instructions and hovered close to the ceiling. When Kim moved lower to the floor Trowa followed. His own suit’s sensors began to detect electrical activity ahead. “Talk to me Kim-Juni.” Trowa said as he moved beside her, his own plasma rifle up and ready. “What have we got?” He heard Saki’s comment about not liking this and completely agreed, though he kept it to himself and tried to let his own unease creep into his voice.

From down the passageway the rhythmic sound of machinery could heard and felt in the floor. There was a great deal of light ahead which mean it had to be artificial.

"I'm getting indications of a lot of machinery. 50 meters ahead in the passage. Life signs too. Twenty five at least. There are 3 misshu, at least fifteen nekovalkyrja. The others are unknown to the scanner."

She brought her weapon up. "Best be prepared. Misshu are primary targets. And hopefully there are no Rippers or this will be a short excursion."

“Hold up now.” Trowa said as he pulled a KZ Type 29 Armor Service Pistol out with his left hand. His Plasma Rifle was in his right and he was confident he could fire both accurately enough. “We bust in and start shooting that could cause a heap of trouble. Now a Nepleslian is always ready for trouble but this time I think I’d rather have a better idea of the trouble I’m getting into.” Trowa set his cybernetic implants to prepare for a firefight. The link between his armor and mind would allow for quicker movement and more accurate firing. They would need all the help they could get being outnumbered 8 to 1. “Let’s get as close as possible first. I want to see exactly what we’re dealing with we open the ball. Ok, lets move.”

Saki nodded and moved on. She was close to the wall and listened. Misshu. There were Misshu and Nekovalkyrja's up front. She never saw tentacled abomination and was curious how they look alive. There were also two other feelings. Fear and Joy. She was afraid of the monsters, because she hear many bad things. Rape and torture. The fact that will most likely will have chance to kill Misshu was so pleasing. It will be her personal revenge for all the Yamataian nekoes that were put to suffer by this monsters. Not only nekoes, all the other beings that never done anything bad to them. People from Tami or Rok'Veru. If Saki can be one to punish the Misshu for what they done she will do it and with pleasure.

"I am heavily armed, let me handle the Misshu if needed." She lasered to Trowa as she sneaked forward, having her stealth systems active.

Kim moved forward and then deployed one of her drones to scout ahead. Five meters ahead of the group the drone encountered an atmospheric shield. On the other side the air temp was a balmy 42 degrees. The atmosphere was also breathable, but only just. The drone continued at her urging and came to the end of the passage.

The image sent back that Kim relayed to her companions was initially a large cavernous space. The lighting was slightly better than twilight. The resolution improved and several of the creatures they encountered out on the ice could be seen. These ones however had some sort of device attached to their backs. The creatures were digging into the side of the cavern dislodging large amounts of material.

Working behind the Scouers there were workers. There were at least 10 nekos, human and several alien species that were unfamiliar to the group. They were wearing what may have at one time been jumpsuits but were mostly tattered bits of cloth for modesty and boots and gloves. The only item on their bodies that looked in good shape was a belt with a series of blinking lights.

The workers sorted through the extracted stone and loaded them into two bins.

There were five orange skinned Neko who were dressed better and goaded the workers to move faster. One of them brandished a whip the end of which glowed a dull red just as it hit one of the workers.

Two Crab Mishhu watched from the center of the room at the activity. When one of the bins reached a certain level. One of the crabs would move in pick up the bin that was half its size and carry it to one of two large machines where they would dump the contents and bring it back.

The loud banging noise seemed to be coming from the machines which were pulverizing the ore and the sending it up a belt that disappeared into a vertical tube.

The drone noted the location of the third Mishhu. An Advanced type that was on a stone projection that afforded it a view of the work area.

Trowa studied the layout and the numbers for a moment and weighed his options. The main threat was defiantly the big Crab Mishhu. This was the first time Trowa had seen one up close, having spent most of his time up on the bridge of the Aeon. “Ok, the big and uglys are our biggest threat. Arai-Hei, your first target is that big guy up top on that stone platform. Kim-Juni, I’m going to fire at those two Crabs that are close together then run past them and quickly take out those five orange skinned Nekos. It doesn’t appear as though they have any armor so I should be able to make quick work of them. Once I move past the Crabs they should turn and follow me. You hit them hard from behind. Use whatever it takes to take them out. As soon as I’m done with the Nekos I’ll give you a hand.”

The Nepleslian pilot paused a moment to consider the workers. For all appearances they looked like captured pilots and soldiers, but how could he be sure? He had command of this team so it was his call to make. “We have to assume that all targets are hostile.” He lasered to his team. “The workers may not fight, they may be prisoners, but we can’t take that risk.” After another pause he cursed. “Feth it. If the workers don’t attack us, fine but none leave this room. They start to run their dead. We can’t let the base know we’re here. Alright we all clear? Let’s move.”

"Yamamoto-Heisho. That kind of talk could get you on the same kind of charges that another crew member is facing from Siren 2. If the workers attack, you can fire. But if they run, stun weapons only. I will not have us murdering workers whose only fault may well be trying to avoid getting caught in a fire fight. Other than that, your strategy is sound." Kim replied.

"I-I-I agree. We can't just shoot civilians." Saki responded. Yamatai was better then that. "We are the good guys!" She also spew out. Other might think she was naive, but it was her belief and she wanted to hold onto it. Whatever should happen she won't fall down to the levels of such as Arkase, who wanted to murder some prisoners just because he was too lazy to think of a strategy to hold them.

With that she lowered her gauss cannons and once again looked at the pictures sent by the drone. Her target was the big misshu up top. Just that target she wished for.

As soon as Yamamoto moved out, she was right behind him. She stormed into the room and flew up to give space for Kim to follow. She was already getting firing solution ons the Advancer type with her Aies, aiming both her cannons and LASR at it. She pulled the trigger of her rifle firing at it all she could, while she also sent a burst of gauss rounds from each cannon.

Trowa honestly felt a lot better. He didn’t want to harm innocents. He almost laughed at Saki’s response of ‘we are the good guys’. That’s what I’m supposed to say, he thought.
Trowa entered the room, paused just long enough to steady his aim at one of the two crabs standing together and fired a heavy burst from his plasma rifle. Then he was moving, and fast. Trowa sprinted across the room towards the group of Nekos. The Neko holding the whip had been marked as a ‘bad-bad guy’ and became the Nepleslian’s first target. His cybernetic interface linked his aim with his weapons and no sooner had he fired then he moved his weapon to another target and fired again. With his left hand he was firing his KZ Type 29 Armor Service Pistol, hoping to gun then down quickly so he could turn his firepower to those crabs.

The whip wielding Neko was only able to turn halfway towards Trowa before being mowed down as well as her sisters by his combined forearm and NSP attack.

The crabs reacted to his presence and charged towards Trowa in side to side moving to make targeting difficult.

------------------------------

The Misshu was distracted by Trowa's slaughter which gave Saki the opportunity to fire at the creature. Her gauss cannon attacks struck the creature as it turned towards her and fired a Type 28 SMG at her. A stream of bolts slammed into her shields.

Meanwhile a number of lamps in the chamber started to flash and a loud klaxon started sounding.

------------------------------
As the crabs charged towards Trowa Shina came out of the passage, and trained both of her forearm weapons which she had set to beam mode. A pair for blue white beams lanced forward and caught the second crab and pierced its shell. The creature turned towards Kim with its two rear legs missing.

-------------------------------

The workers upon hearing and seeing the weapons fire rapidly moved away from the Scourers. Seeking to use any large object as protection.

The scourers meanwhile stopped their digging and turned to face the prisoners.

"Alarms! We need to work fast!" Saki shouted as fire from enemy weaponry flashed against her shields. She raised her LASR and fired single SLAG round at the Misshu. Titanium shell should penetrate Misshu's Carapce and explosion of thermite should do the rest. To be sure she also fired a burst from her LASR too as she flew towards the scourers. Those prisoners will soon need her help.

The Mishhu on the platform was knocked off and fell partway to the floor smoke pouring from the hold as the thermite ignited. The creature spasmed and then fell to the floor as flames erupted from its body.

The prisoners seeing the creatures turn towards them started running for the closest bin. Two of the prisoners took a position to face the Scourers as they started advancing while the others were scrambling into the bin and the safety it would offer.

As Misshu was on fire from inside, Saki judged that it is done for. Her first dead misshu. It felt good, sort of like little personal revenge. But time was short as strange creatures of this planet started rushing towards the prisoners. Saki turned herself midair and prepared for heavy recoil of her Gauss Cannons as she let Aies pick its targets. One cannon to fire at one Scourger, second cannon on the second beast. THree round burst from each should suffice, she thought as she fired her large-caliber weaponry.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back