• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.0] Destination North by Northeast

Lounge

Josea stopped playing and turned to Saki. "Anxious to meet a new race not really. I've been down this road before with the Hidden Sun Clan. More anxious about how Kata'nova's people are going to respond to our arrival. They have FTL capable craft including their fighters. People do not create war ships without a reason. So who are they defending themselves from? Could they have encountered the NMX, or some other race that is causing problems? Or worse are her people in some sort of civil war. Why do they have 'children' in their military? All troubling scenarios."

He stood up and put his hand on the wall next to him. "It is one of the reasons that the Taisa chose to send the Tanoshimi, to initiate communications. The NMX got a hold of a lot of Star Army Warships. So coming in with the Aeon would be bad if that was the case. The Hanto-Class is a civilian ship and does not have obvious weapons like the Aeon. So hopefully they will be curious long enough for us to have Kata'nova talk to them."

Engineering

Sheela felt the finely tuned ship's harmonics and vibration shift to full power in readying for flight. She looked over the consoles and gauges as she stood behind her vacant seat. Holding onto the back of the chair before her.

Once the small ship was in flight, she could relax her vigil and move about to get familiar with the ship's interior layout.

Eiven sighed internally as the Mousian seemed to understand and carry out her orders. A lack of reaction from Kurusu, on the other hand seemed worse than being in trouble for over-stepping. Then again, with how conservative she seemed with words, the cadet began to wonder if this was more or less what he would need to get used to for this mission.

Offering another bow to the Chui, Eiven exited to go about carrying out his own orders, closing the door on his way out. Working out the precise constituent compounds and elements found in another being's standard breathing gas is usually rather difficult to work out without an analysis of their homeworld's atmosphere, walking onto one of their ships and testing the gasses present, or experimenting with various mixtures on a hopefully standard subject. There was also using the exhaled gasses of a subject and reverse engineering, hoping that you are assuming what form of respiration they are using.

Unfortunately those options all required something they did not have or putting their guest through stressful and morally dubious tests. However, with Kata'nova being able to deal with Yamataian standard, it was really down to possible trace gasses - another test that could end up dubious morally. That ended up leaving trying to talk to the girl as the only appropriate method; but in order to do that, common knowledge and language was required. Another dead end?

Sunflower's notes did suggest that Kata'nova was young, but how young, the doctor wondered. If she were old enough to possibly have some science classes, it was possible (though remote) that she may have learned a thing or two. If their guest had actually some knowledge of basic chemistry, then there would be a common language they could use. It required her to have a certain level of understanding; however at this point there was little else to go on. Eiven had to try something, and this would be the least invasive method available to him for a while.

Of course, he did have in the back of his mind that this may have been just busy work to get him out of Kurusu's hair. The surfacing though caused the old man to shake his head as he also remembered that he need to keep in mind how appropriate it was to question orders too much. In the end Eiven let out a sigh on his way through the corridors before asking Hakken about where Josea and Kata'nova were.

Kata'nova mused, her arms folded over her chest as she tapped her foot. "Mmmm......" she grumbled a bit as she glanced left to right; this ship was just as strange to her as the one she had just come from. Her eyes narrowed slightly though as she started to think about what she was going to talk to Josea about. I do wonder if it would still be a good idea, is telling him - and these aliens - that there are people in my Kingdom that woudl target them regardless of their desires be a good idea? Would I be breaking any kind of rules or protocal? The director never said anything about what kind of warnings to give aliens~

Blinking a few times to clear her eyes, she glanced upward toward the ceiling. "Does ship have AI?" she asked Rin, looking curiously at the crewmen.

Lounge

"Believe me," Saki replied to Gustav. She walked to him and leaned against the wall. The neko slid some hair off her face. "I do know how dangerous this is. I just figured you would be a bit excited at the change that could be... well... nice. I mean we are in civilian nearly unarmed ship. They would have to be real monsters to just open up on us. I think it will depend on Kata a lot. Even a nation without war should have military. Pirates and what not, but I am also not at ease thanks to the fact they use children. Only a nation in need would use a kid for tough exploratory mission. Like the one Kata had. Well if they are fighting with NMX, I guess we will be busy again. Bye bye exploration, hello war."

Bridge

"Well Hakken-sama, i did not know that, but I do now." She grinned as she sat back in her chair. "Did the XO... err... CO give any indication of a briefing, or is she heading up here to launch?" Freyja looked around the small bridge wondering who else would be all up here while they were flying towards their destination.

Bridge

Hakken took a fraction of a second to replay the discussion that Katae and Kurusu had in the Owners suite. "Unfortunately, Freyja-san, I have no specific instructions regarding a formal briefing. She did mention a briefing with Ise-San. But that is all that I know."

Lounge

"Well I certainly hope that things go well. Yamatai does not need another war so soon. But beyond those matters, yes I am excited to meet with her people. It will be good to work them to improve our translation program to allow us to communicate better. But mostly to see their culture, get to know them as a people, to get an understanding of their culture. And to represent our culture in return. Josea replied.

Lounge

"Well I do think you would be good representation of our culture. You are very dignified man." Saki replied to the men and looked to the side. "Though I do agree wars are bad, I still think we should exterminate NMX. We all know that they will just be back. But hey, maybe these people could be our new allies when that happens!"

Rin looked at Kata'nova "well I know where the lounge is, it is this way" he points to the left and smiled at Kata'nova his smile faded shortly as he could see something was troubling the girl. He wan't to ask if she was okay but she had asked him something first "Oh, the ship, yes it does have an AI" he looked around "so lets get the lounge then Kata'nova, by the way are you alright? You seen distracted by something."

Yoshiro headed to the lounge to relax and try to tone down his nerves. This was his first away mission that didn't involve blasting things with big guns or blowing things up with explosives such as missiles or bombs. "I wonder how I am going to do on this away mission." Yoshiro said to noone in particular.

Lounge

Josea looked a bit distant for a moment before responding to Saki. It wasn't the far away look people have when communicating telepathically. "I permanently lost several good friends to the NMX, so I have no love for them or the SMX. Who knows what will happen should they attack again.

As for them being new allies, that would be good. But let's home the return of our old enemies remains far off. Otherwise our 'new' allies if we are fortunate, may feel we brought the NMX to their doorstep." He put his keyboard into its protective case.

"So have you given any thought about what you will do to represent our culture and government?" he asked.

Lounge

"You mean like we brought Misshu to Lorath and now they will hate us forever?" Saki responded with a grim expression on her face. "Yeah, let's hope that won't happen again. Well. Personally I am here just to make sure no one on board of this ship will get hurt. Not sure if that is representation of our culture, but it is definitely representation of me. I think we are good people with some bad history, we just have to go and show everyone that we got better. No more bad things. We are a strong nation looking after well-being of this galaxy. That is it. I think if we show that, we can get along."

Captain's Cabin

"We will give a short briefing then be off, this is a first contact mission, so it is mostly to answer questions from junior members of the crew not clear on things."

She keyed the shipwide comm, and announced her plan, "This is Kurusu Chusa, standby flight systems and report to the lounge, I have decided to give a short briefing before we disembark. It helped she checked where other members of the crew had gathered, and she felt no real reason to hold it in a more formal location on the smaller ship. The officer was eager to set out, so she planned on going through the mission specifically to get everyone up to speed that was not aware, then send them to their stations right away.

The Lounge

Kurusu arrived a few minutes after her announcement, and moved up near the table she expected everyone to be seated at. "We'll begin shortly." She announced to the members of the crew already present on baord.

Lounge
Josea found a place by the table and remained standing until Kurusu would either be seated or be told to sit.

Hallway.
From the speakers in the ceiling came Hakken's male voice.

"Yes Kata'nova. The Tanoshimi has an AI. That would be me. My name is Hakken. How may I be of service? I have been programmed with Josea's translation program."

Bridge

As Freyja sat there thinking on what next to do, and how to respond Hakken,, The XO came across the intercomm. "I guess that answers that doesn't it." She smiled and locked her station, making sure the controls and everything were stored. Then she left for the Lounge.

Lounge.

As she walked in, Freyja saw Josea standing by a table. Not knowing what do do with her self she walked over and waited at the same table.

Lounge

"Well Saki, that is exactly the kind of situation we want to avoid. But if we are successful at getting them to meet, it is going to be important to talk with more than just the politico. Discussions with civilians, scientists, and the military of no classified matters will help to give us a well rounded picture. Just as we can give them one of us, by not just sharing what our jobs are, but our hobbies, and relations."

Josea watched Freyja as she came over. "Hi Freyja, all set to try and make history?" He said with a smile.

Engineering

Sheela sighed at yet another delay, as she scampered out of the Section and through the ship to the lounge.

Lounge

Seeing majority of the crew there and she was one of the last to show up, Sheela nodded quickly to all as she took a seat. She looked thoughtful at the rest of the crew, giving each a quick look over. Seeing Kata'nva there. She gave a smile to her, showing that she was thankful that Kata'nova was doing okay and recovered from her bout of ice cream poisoning.

Lounge

Hearing where everyone was, Eiven found himself at the wrong end of the deck. So by the time he had arrived and looked to interrupt Josea and Saki, Kurusu made her announcement. Then the rest began filtering in, along with the mission commander. Suddenly, the doctor realized he was not going to get anything done at all.

Lounge

"I don't know about making history, I wouldn't want my name in those books." She frowned for a moment but brightened up with her next statement, "But, I get to pilot this ship. The Taisa thought I was qualified enough to fly her personal ship. And the Chuisa didn't take it away either." She was beaming as if she was selected to fly the Empress's personal ship.

Lounge

"Yeah, politicians usually care about themselves and not the country anyway." Saki replied as she walked with Josea to his table. When Kurusu walked into the lounge, Saki bowed and stood by next to Josea waiting for the Aeon's Executive Officer to sit down. "Might be good idea to talk with like... some of their news reporters or something. Those are most interested in showing things to the people. Just a thought." Saki whispered to Josea.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back