• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.0] Destination North by Northeast

Hallway

Kata'nova smiled at the computers response and nodded her head. "So you speak my language then?" it wasn't really a question although it was phrased as one, but before she could give the computer a chance to respond, she continued. "Know where Josea is?" that was a question.

Last edited:
Hallway

"Josea is currently located in the ship's lounge. It is located in the forward section of the upper deck." Hakken replied.

ISC Bluebird

Aoiko had received her orders a few days ago, and had chartered a ship to take her to what would be her new home for the duration until she so received other orders. On this last day of transit she was sitting amongst the rest of the crew on the small bridge reading rather fervently on her book to catch up on the 5 years of history that she had missed while being dead. She had learned quite a few new things, from regulational changes, to the ending of the Mishhuvuthyr war, and beyond. She was reaching the last few pages of the said book before the captain spoke up to their charter.

"Oi, girl, we're approaching the YSS Aeon, git yer shit together."

Aoiko eyed upwards and then looks right at the Captain, her neutral face not really revealing anger or joy, she simply closed her book, and uncrossed her legs standing. "You should perhaps learn some manners." She said in a voice that equated her neutral expression. Before turning and moving to head to the crew quarters where her things were. The beautiful yet stern Neko had been out of commission for so long, and while she was confident in her ability to do her job, she was mayhap a little nervous at her new assignment. She gathered her things and headed towards the exit of the ship as the captain tried to attempt to hail the YSS Aeon.

"YSS Aeon, this is the ISC Bluebird, requesting temporary docking to deliver one Chui Murosaki Aoiko from Planet Yamatai to your Destination, Docking Code 315A82MZ-312. I repeat, YSS Aeon, this is the ISC Bluebird, requesting temporary docking to deliver one Chui Murosaki Aoiko from planet Yamatai to your destination, Docking Code 315A82MZ-312." The captain awaited their response before approaching the ship, not wanting to get into anything hectic.

Hallway

Rin smiled and nodded at the AI then took Kata'nova's hand "The lounge is this way Kata'nova" he then lead the girl towards the lounge and looked around while he did, his white hair was blocking his vision as he walked "Sorry this happens a lot."

Lounge

Rin walks into the lounge and smiled bringing Kata'nova with him "Josea, there is someone here for you" Rin let go of the girl's hand then went and sit down away from the others, his skin still looked sickly from the lack of sleep and light he had been experiencing.

Katae was on the bridge when the call from the Bluebird came though. She opened a channel to the ship. "This is Ise-Taisa, commander of the Aeon. The Aeon is currently in the Repair dock preparing for departure. You are cleared to land at edge of the dock and allow your passenger to disembark. After that please depart swiftly as we have two ship's preparing for departure.

ISC Bluebird

"Roger that Aeon, Bluebird out." The captain motions and the Bluebird begins its approach, once there they land at the edge of the dock and attach to the edge, there the door opens and Murosaki Aoiko walks out and takes her stance on the dock. As soon as the ship's passenger had disembarked the ship headed off from the location to get out of the larger ships way. Aoiko looked around at the repair station and then towards the Aeon where she slowly picked up her stuff and began walking towards it, with grace, and poise she heads up the connection and into the Aeon.

YSS Aeon

She took a moment to look at a map in one of the halls and before long she found herself a cabin to put her stuff down and immediately headed up towards the bridge to meet with the Taisa. She opened the door and stepped in before looking around and spotting Ise, she moves over and does her bow. "Ise-Taisa, I am Chui Murasaki Aoiko, reporting for duty here aboard the YSS Aeon." She straightened her posture and put her hands behind her back standing straight.

Bridge - YSS Aeon

Katae rotated her chair to face Aoiko. She returned the bow with a lesser one appropriate to her position. "Welcome aboard. Murasaki-Chui. Your arrival comes at a critical junction." She paused and check with Eternity. "I see you selected a cabin that is good. We are do to leave the Kyoten after the Tanoshimi launches."

Bridge - YSS Aeon

Aoiko nodded her head towards the Taisa. "Yes ma'am, I am at your disposal until you have something for me to do." She then...simply stood there, making herself acquainted with the bridge and such.

Lounge

Saki saw the new arrival who walked into the lounger with Kata and told Josea about the visitor. "We are about to have pre-departure briefing," Saki said to Rin and Kata. "So just wait a bit please."

Bridge - YSS Aeon

Katae looked at Aoiko. "Well, take a seat at a seat and the mission control station. You can familiarize yourself with our mission. We are heading to a star system that to our best knowledge is controlled by the Neshaten. While we have a representative of them on the Tanoshimi. We can not be certain how they will respond. Eternity can give you access to all the pertinent files."

Bridge - YSS Aeon

Aoiko nodded. "At once, Ise-Taisa." She moved and took a seat at the mission control station, and gives the request for the files, once she has them she begins reading through them quickly, studiously, intent on learning all she can and memorizing it before they depart.

Tanoshimi - lounge

Sheela sat in her chair watching the others interact as everyone gathered in the lounge for the pre-flight brief. Ears perked and tail wrapped around her waist, she relaxed, letting her eyelids droop close to mere slits as she waited for the briefing to start.

As for the first contact with a planet of Neshaten, Sheela was glad that Aeon was following along behind. Even though she hoped that the mission was peaceful. At least it would be a relaxing space cruise if it was and she could get to know the rest of the crew a bit better.

Tanoshimi

"Good day everyone, be at ease. Welcome aboard the Tanoshimi, our mission vessel for this assignment. I will bring you all up to speed. A mission packet has been forwarded to you all." With that, she sent them their general briefing points, things all members of the crew would find useful to know about the ship. This included general logistics in case things took longer than she estimated, such as duty shifts and extra meals.

"We are about to depart to make first contact with Kata'nova's people. If you are new to the crew you might not have had the pleasure of meeting her, but she is quite a pleasant individual, and studious soldier. The Tanoshimi has been selected for this mission because the CO has determined this will seem less threatening to a species that seem martially inclined, as we are. Please treat her vessel with the same respect you would your lover, if it in fact could shoot beams of energy." The officer noted at almost a deadpan before pausing.

"We will jump out and do our best to appear non-hostile, and attempt to engage in standard diplomatic relations. I have included normal first contact procedures, as well as mission logs from one of my own first contact missions with the Azoreans. Remember that while we go into something with limited information, our training and spirit will carry us through to the end of the mission. Remember to be creative, and that their customs might not be what we are used to." The XO waited a few moments as she scanned everyone again.

"We will communicate with the Aeon as needed, but all communcations they can pick up will need bridge approval before going out. It is important they do not believe we are a scouting party for some kind of invasion, I have been trained, and have experienced how easily a misconception can eviscerate trust right away. Thankfully, we have a member of their own species with us, we can hope this advantage will see us through"

Deciding she had covered the general outline of the mission for anyone unclear, she waited for them to digest what she had said, as well as the outline she provided them in data before asking, "Are there any questions?"

Tanoshimi, Lounge

Saki raised her hand. "Ma'am should anything happen, I grabbed a pair of armours for me and Yoshiro. Of course they are only for security measure and hopefully there will be no need for them." She explained and put her hand down. "But I do have one question. Do we have any knowledge of how to call Kata's people?"

Tanoshimi : Lounge

Sheela looked a her pad and went through the information with interest. Every bit of information on the ship she was taking care of, she read with utmost attention. As for the first Contact procedures, it was simple. Keep'em talking while bringing up the big guns. Or an ancient saying from eras past, "wear a velvet glove over an iron fist."

Ears perked at Saki's question. Knowing would be a good thing. And knowing her species hated to be called rodents, it would apply the same to Kata's species kin not to be called dogs nor canines even though they evolved from that set of genetics.

She looked over at Kata to see if she was willing to provide that information willingly.

Tanoshimi : Lounge

Josea spoke up. "Actually we have been monitoring communications from the system we are approaching. So we know the frequencies. It is my recommendation that we will broadcast on open channels initially. We know that Kata'nova has the ability to broadcast with her suit. But to be honest we do not know what the range of it is. I feel it is better for us to broadcast first on open channels, than to have Kata'nova start trying to raise them on a military channel. Of course the final decision is up to the Chusa."

Tanoshimi - Lounge

Eiven looked over at Saki with a smirk and replied, "She does remind me of certain ghost stories that my niece's husband likes to tell their son. I think he calls them kitsune, just like the animal they are a morph of; though Kata'nova looks much less threatening than those in the stories. That said, she is still a juvenile."

Tanoshimi, Lounge

Saki smirked back at doctor. "Yes I do know about those, they are called foxes in trade if I am not mistaken." Saki replied and leaned back against the wall she stood by. "But I am more interested in how the race calls themselves. I mean name like Yamataians, Nepleslians, Lorath and so all. We cannot just call them how we please. I mean didn't Kata tell anyone name of her people?" Saki asked. The blue-haired neko herself never really talked with Kata, except for a hello here and there. It was mainly because Saki was a bit paranoid and treated the young aliens as a potential danger most of the time.

Lounge

Kata'nova listened to Josea, allowing the translation program to do the work of words she didn't fully understand. Although from all appearances it looked like no one had noticed her or Rin, this kind of made her smile. "Open communications may or may not work, my people cautious of outsiders," said Kata'nova suddenly and with a worried expression. She wondered about revealing her squadrons private frequency, given it was a unqiue one given to her squad only and used for reporting in.. it really bothered her that she had to sacrifice her fighter - then again.. she still had the black box and command codes stored on the data crystal with her suit.

"Err.. ummm," the Kit glanced at those in the lounge, unsure if revealing that fact would be an overly good idea, given that those codes could also be used to disable certain 'areas' within the Kingdom, and she knew that the military wouldn't look to favorly on her given that one of those codes wasn't unique to her but rather commonplace amongst the entire officership of the Youth Corp. With a heavy sigh, the Kit rubbed the back of her head nervously, she wouldn't mention the codes, but something close to it. "My people not understand yours, might freak out if open communications with them; better for them to see me to understand that you friendly, people will be suspicious regardless when they see ship since ship is different lookingly to my peoples ships....." the Kit stopped for a moment to rephrase what she said and bonked the side of her head in frustration.

She then took in a deep breath and repeated it. "My people might not understand when you openly broadcast, there's a risk they could interprete as a hostile act - if only due to misunderstandings. When I appeared in your battle in my ship, someone tried to communicate with me and I took that as to mean that I would be attacked, because my ships communications suite couldn't understand the nature of the communications." She tapped her lower chin thoughtfully, there was something else that she wanted to mention but now it was a fog in her mind.

Tanoshimi, Lounge
"Hehe," Saki suddenly grinned. "I just had a crazy idea. Why don't we creatte a giant volumentric picture of Kata onto the hull of the ship? Something along the way of 'have you seen this cat' or so. Just thought it might show them that we have one of their own and that we are taking them home. Anyway, just a crazy idea."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back