• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.6] Forging a new beginning

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
Josea paused when he entered the room. He was uncertain how to take this room. It seemed rather opulent for a remote facility. Was this typical of all Neshaten facilities, or was there something about this place that merited it. He made a mental note to speak to Kata'nova at the earliest opportunity.

He moved towards the seats but did not sit. He turned to watch Misaki, where she chose to sit would dictate how the rest of the team should seat themselves. He also was curious where Kata'nova would sit. Would she sit among her own kind or sit with the crew of the Aeon.

Misaki smiled at the sight of the room, at least if it was a trap she would be fighting in a place that looked nice. Most of the places she fought were either horrible pits where the 'mish were, or she was in space, which was as beautiful as it was dangerous to her, though she felt less frightened of it than making the clan ashamed of her or her crew, or the Empire for that matter by extension. Nodding at Josea, she moved to the seat that looked the most defensible, as they went, and gestured for Kata'nova and Josea to pick where they wanted.

"Thank you for the opportunity to open diplomatic relations. I can already see our people are at least similar in some tastes and facets of culture." The officer set down her gifts on the table and announced, "We have prepared some gifts as an offering of goodwill and cultural exchange, I am happy to present them if it is not offensive to do so at this juncture." The Chusa explained, hoping all of it would get between their translator, Kata, and their host. What they were doing had been going much better than their time on the water planet, and she had no intention of making it anything more than a memorable experience for the crew /without/ having to engage in a team extraction.

The Laibe gave a curt nod of the head, still standing behind a chair on the far end. "I realize that I have no introduced myself, although perhaps it is best I allow our youngling here to do so," the Laibe turned toward Kata'nova, who sighed and placed a hand on her hip for a moment; staring at the Laibe before she turned toward Misaki.

"In that case," she stepped up toward the Laibe and stood off to their side. "I'd like to introduce to you Guy'aa Syae'qua."

"Ehe'sii'ne to the Neshaten," Guy'aa spoke as he bowed. "You have my apologies for earlier, I knew of our youngling here being in your presence but I hadn't realized that she wasn't informed of who would be involved."

Kata'nova sighed once more; she hated being called 'youngling'. Yea, I'm a child, but I'm not THAT young.. she mentally grumbled.

"Please, take a seat where-ever you like," Guy'aa offered, gesturing to the tables that surrounded the table and then took a seat in the chair he'd been standing behind. Kata'nova smiled weakly,walking over to the centre of the table and standing behind a chair there, she would wait until the other members of the Aeon delegation sat before she'd take her own seat.

The room, meanwhile, brightened slightly - enough for the Aeon crew to see more clearly. The globe in the centre of the table shifted from that of the planet to that of a tree that shawed in some unseen breeze. A group of Ure'enese entered the room and hoped toward the table, jumping up onto its surface and laying down in front of the tree.

"As I said before, I am Kurusu Misaki, our people tend to use our family name, and then our given names in that order." The officer replied, "...though those whom are not Nekovalkyrja choose their own order. It is a pleasure to meet, formally." Once she sat down, the officer was already feeling a bit more calm about the situation, and her eyes adjusted to the lights again after a few moments. "This is a weapon that dates back a very long time in our culture. Some of us still use elements of the original art in combat, and some more than others. It is called a, "Katana", And is meant for quick strikes." She presented Guy'aa with the ceremonial blade she had brought from the Aeon by lifting it sideways, slowly drawing the blade from the hilt to show him the weapon, and then slid back the short bit of steel she displayed into the scabbard. After she had showed him the Hinomaru on the blade, she explained, "That is one of the symbols of our military. May you accept this gift from the crew of the Aeon and the Star Army of Yamatai." At that, she set it before him.

There were only two smaller gifts she had prepared before leaving, one which was basically taking the nicest tea from the galley she could and putting it in as nice a box as she could find, which was faux wood paneled. "I would check this for compatibility though what we know seems to indicate there will be no trouble. A small leaf from a plant is steeped in hot water before enjoying. We call this 'green' tea due to the color of the water, and the other half of the compartment is 'black' tea. They each have a different taste, may one be to your liking. Do not use too much for one sitting." Sliding the box towards him, she presented him with the last gift.

The officer had a small hologram base set to load to Yamatai, and then cycle through each species of the Empire before displaying their flag, and the seal of the Imperial House. Manufacturing small items was not a big chore with MEGAMI assistance. "This is our homeworld, and these are the species that comprise our Empire. The small panel at the base here should charge in the sunlight.

The blue-haired woman did recognize the small creatures on the table, deciding the hologram that displayed was most likely something meant to call the small creatures. At least it meant they could be trained considerably.

The Ehe'sii'ne watched as the gifts were presented, espically the Katana to which he clearly took interest in, the hologram likewise got his attention. "All very wonderful," the man said after the presentation was done. "I shall present these to her Majesty upon her arrival," he said and watched as one of the furry little creatures hoped on over to the sword and sniffed at it, it waited for a moment before it rested itself next to it. Another went over to the box that had the tea in it, likewise the critter sniffed at it and then sat itself beside it.

For a moment the Ehe'sii'ne was silent again; hands clasped, the man was obviously thinking. "It was nice to see another nation that uses weaponry similiar to our own, it shows that you have honor and courage," he said, referring to the sword to which he looked at. "You're people also appear to be varied, another thing that will impress her Majesty."

"I regret that we do not have gifts of our own to present, but perhaps some can be given in the near future."

Kata'nova thought about that, he had mentioned 'her arrival', that made her ponder what he meant by that.

Misaki was slightly surprised that they would be meeting with someone so high level so soon, but it did please her to know that level of trust was already being placed in the crew. It was a trust she was planning on, with the help of the others, proving well placed.

"Her visit shall honor all of us. I have another sword at our vessel if you wish for one or believe it would do well served in some other capacity. It pleases me to hear we share common values, I train in swordsmanship, the art of that weapon, every day. It is not uncommon for even normal soldiers to take it up to add extra discipline to their fighting." She did not mention that power armors could carry large swords, just to not give away their military capabilities so soon.

The XO's eyes brightened just a touch as he spoke of their diversity, "Many of us were only created for fighting, I have only lived in service of the Empire. Seeing this even reminds me of what that means. Though, I recognized we might become quick to warm to one another when I saw Kata'nova for the first time." The veteran then reached up and touched one of her furred ears to show why, as if it were not clear to anyone.

"How do your people establish diplomatic relations with one another, typically? Also is there any special kind of protocol I need to observe for her highness?" The Chusa wondered, adding, "We will try to answer any questions you have, of course as well." The little creatures were rather curious, she wondered to herself if even Katae would end up wanting one if they passed fauna screening.

Guy'aa smiled. "There is an age old tradition that occurs during high level meetings, such as this; it is a tradition that hasn't been exercised for a very long time, it is one that shall be exercised for the second time," the Laibe looked at Kata'nova, who blinked for a moment before she realized what the Laibe meant.

With a sigh, she stood up from her seat, causing one of the Ure'nese's to hop on over to her and jump up onto her shoulder. "In ancient times, when two leaders of different continants meet, they'd have a friendly joust. It was a tradition, one that was suspended; but it seems my people have desired for it to be brought back, thus it is quite possible that her Majesty will request such upon her arrival."

"Her Majesty is a very nice person, please accept her offer if she provides it," Kata'nova said and sat back down, this time the Ure'nese jumped off her shoulder and laid down in front of her, prompting Kata'nova to begin petting it.

"It is better if her Majesty explains it in detail, although our Youngling here will help translate it."

"Also," Guy'aa continued. "While I doubt I need we need to worry, I just want to advise caution, do not point your weapon toward her Majesty, it is considered a high insult and would have.... reprecussions..."

"You need not worry about the weapons you have on your permission, those are just fine; even those of your fellow crew mates will be fine, just so long as no one confronts her pointing one at her," Guy'aa looked a bit worried, yes he did trust Misaki and Katae, but he did not trust the others from the Aeon crew.

Josea listened to the discussion, and was analyzing the content. Things were not adding up to his way of thinking. The one thing that had been clear from their time with Kata'nova was that the Neshaten were very Xenophobic, and had no contact with other species. However, the members they met seemed very comfortable with meeting them. And now the message that their monarch was coming.

He sent a telepathic message to his communicator and keyed it to send to Misaki.
Comm said:
"Ma'am. Do these people seem uncomfortable with meeting new species. Kata made it clear that the Neshaten have had no contact with 'aliens' and yet these individuals act as if they've done this for some time now. Now they announce that their Monarch is coming to meet us. While that is a very good event for our meeting. It just seems strange. Not sure how we can inquire about it without offending."

"This is a diplomatic mission, they are aware what use of their weapons in any manner would mean, I assure you. If not they will face appropriate punishment." Misaki replied evenly, adding, "Discipline is very important to the Star Army, and to the Aeon. She thought on Josea's message as she spoke, responding, I will attempt to broach it, we'll see how he replies.. First, however, she decided to address the more important matter of the Empress.

"I am interested in knowing what the weapon of choice is in a joust, I will do my best if she requests it, of course." The XO assured both their host and Kata'nova, though she wondered if the pilot knew the Empress well or just through whatever their media happened to be. After all, they seemed advanced enough, and it made the soldier wonder how much state control was in those kinds of affairs, if only for a report.

"You are a skilled diplomat from what I can tell, are you often called to make first contact?" Wondered the officer lightly, trying to edge Josea's thoughts in, though she concurred it seemed a touch odd. "...I was led to believe we were the first of note, but you and your people have received us like you are practiced veterans. It is impressive. Is there a natural affinity for the art of diplomacy in Neshaten as well?"

"The kind of weapons her Majesty uses is entirely up to her, but I have it on good faith that she prefers using something akin to a long sword, but she is a person of many talents," Guy'aa said; taking his seat once more and collasping his hands in front of him as he spoke. "I am glad to hear that if there are any problems they will be dealt with, it'll put the populace at ease."

His ears perked though when the word 'skilled' was spoken, the man smiled and glanced in Kata'nova's direction. "Ahhh, I see," the man spoke and leaned back in his chair. "I take it that our youngling here has spoken of our relunctance to meet others has she?" his words causing Kata'nova to startle slightly, her focus was clearly on something else. "It is true that my people are relunctant to meet others, where we came from was a place devoid of other life and thus my people have always believed that we may be the only..... 'intelligent'.... life out there. For this reason our leaders are skepticle when it comes to encounters with others."

"But, I am not like my fellow colleagues, you've yet to given me pause to be concerned about you - or your people - and thus I shall treat you with the same manner of respect that I extend to others of my own kind," his voice then lowered for a moment as he processed the remainder of the question that Misaki has possed. "Those of my people whom assume the role that I have taken do far more than just execute contact missions, we also help settle disputes between our own and arbitrait agreements. If a person can't so much as settle a dispute amongst their own, how can they be expected to communicate with people whom are not?" the man smiled and then leaned back forward.

Kata'nova watched the man and listened as he spoke.

Josea arched an eyebrow at their host's comment about their monarch. "Well, I must say that this concept of a joust as part of first contact is definitely.. unique. Given that this is most likely a melee combat. I will defer to you ma'am. My training with the SSS has been hand to hand and small arms. I'm not a swordsman." He said, then turned to Guy'aa. "It is safe to presume that for this joust that some form of safety equipment will be used to avoid any accidental injury?"

"That is normaly the case yes," Guy'aa responded awhen Josea asked about the use of safety. "Can't have important figures getting killed in what should be a friendly skirmish," the Laibe smiled only briefly. "I do not know the full details of such an arrangement, however, that is something to be explained by her Majesty's personnal guard."

Just then there was a chime in the room, Guy'aa leaned back in his seat, glancing up at the ceiling before the room started to tremble - the man gripped the edge of the table for a moment - it was brief, and passed quickly.

From wall mounted speakers an announcement came out in Tinacen. The translation software of the team would make it out as. "Groundshake force 5. Report any damage or injuries to control."

"I can hold my own in such a fight, I have had advanced training, and I would rather not put you in that position anyway." Misaki informed Josea, she wanted to keep her scientists as far from pummeled as possible, though she was interested in knowing just what she was getting into. "I would be happy to oblige her, as I said. You are correct though, it is better if we have more than just combat skills. I was only trained for combat for the most part, until I transferred to a ship with a prominent captain. Our first mission was with an aquatic species, and every time I meet another it always-" When the ground shook, Misaki didn't stop her faint smiling, but she did look to Guy'aa.

"High geological activity? Interesting. Is this fairly routine?" The officer wondered, hoping it would not delay the anticipated arrival. "If you have any detailed data about the planet that can be cleared, I'm certain our scientists would be interested, though most anything here would be of note." She added in afterthought.

"Fairly, yes," Guy'aa responded and stood up from his chair, he tapped the air and caused a holographic display to appear - to which he interacted with for a few more moments before the hologlobe in teh centre shifted to show the continent they were on along with a number of very large, and some very tiny, faultlines that ran not just under the base but also crisscrossed one another. The globe highlighted one such faultline in a dark red pulsating color, and showed the force of the shake that had occured. "Our scientists choose this spot specifically 'for' its activity, research, development, you name it."

He was about to speak more when the comm. system chirped, the man tapped the display; the hologlobe was then replaced by what looked like a rather old and gray looking Laibe. "Fif'tjj'of, ifs nbkftuz ibt bssjwfe. Tif'mm cf mboejoh tipsumz. Tif ibt btlfe up cf nfu jo uif ibohfs."

"Wfsz xfmm, xf tibmm bxbju ifs bssjwbm," the system then switched back to the globe. "Her Majesty wil be arriving shortly, she's requested that we meet her in the hanger. If you'll please follow me," Guy'aa gestured toward the door behind him, which opened with two guards standing on the sides.

"Fif'tjj'of, ifs nbkftuz ibt bssjwfe. Tif'mm cf mboejoh tipsumz. Tif ibt btlfe up cf nfu jo uif ibohfs"
Translates into:
"Ehe'sii'ne, her majesty has arrived. She'll be landing shortly. She has asked to be met in the hanger"
-----
"Wfsz xfmm, xf tibmm bxbju ifs bssjwbm"
Translates into:
"Very well, we shall await her arrival"

While the discussions began, Eivan spent some time on what scans he was able to take of the Ure'enese that had been wandering about. The order from Misaki, he smirked inside, was like telling a child to pick some candy. He did, however, keep track of the conversation, noticing the more important questions managing to be asked without his nagging for the time being.

The talk of jousting did take the doctor's full attention though. Initially the version he had learned began forming in his head; but the good sense questions and answers helped calm him down some. Still, he felt he would need to pay especially close attention to that portion of the proceedings in case there ended up more surprises.

Speaking of surprises, he gripped the chair next to him as more shaking came along. To the old man, picking such an unstable place for a meeting was an odd thought process - perhaps one where their two cultures differed. The XO's comment about scientists wanting to study it however, had him thinking that someone in green would be perfectly fine for that kind of curiosity. As things stood, his own was becoming quite fulfilled.

When it was mentioned that their next dignetary was arriving though, Eiven looked towards their calm mission commander to move when she did.

"Oh, is it a special manner of research, or something akin to geothermal energy?" Misaki probed lightly, though it was clearly to be polite, that and she wondered what kind of research would be most suited to a facility in such a possibly unstable area. The veteran warrior rose, actually feeling excited to meet an Emperess that belonged to another empire, and one of people that she hoped would understand their own more than the contacts she had been briefed on (and been involved with) aboard the Sakura.

"I am most pleased we will be able to meet her already." She followed their host into the corridor, deciding if he wanted to take some of the gifts with him he would, she was already trying to guess how much of her strength she should hold back during the fight. The officer did not want to frighten their new friends, nor reveal to them if she could help it, just how strong certain Nekovalkryja were able to be. Once the retinue reached the hanger, she looked about and then asked Eivan, "I hope you are enjoying yourself thus far? By this point on my first mission I believe we were trapped in an underwater city being attacked by the outside. A very long story."

To explain to their host what she meant, Misaki offered, "I have been on a diplomatic mission before, to a world of water. The cities there were under the water, and not everyone was terribly happy with how things were at the time. This is why our Empire often sends out military teams for first contact, in case something goes wrong."

The hanger bay was a very large, massive, looking bay that towered high above the group - it was also a busy place to with dozens of vehicles moving about the area. Security teams were assembling near a large landing pad, which had four smaller pads around it. "There," Guy'aa gestured toward where the security details were. As he listened ot Misaki, he couldn't help but rub his chin in thought. "Curious, I'd be interested in hearing more later on if you'd be willing."

Kata'nova walked ahead of the group, stopping just short of the security line. There was a gentle, humming sound coming from somewhere ahead of the group - the souce of this sound began obvious when tight formation of five crafts appeared in one of the tunnels, Kata'nova didn't recognize any of them, having not looked at any news or updates since she got back; after all she hadn't had time to.

Four Shi'ree class starfighters were seen escorting a much larger CC-32 Dropship. As the formation approuched the landing pad, the four fighters broke off to the sides and began to land on the smaller pads, thier noses aimed toward the dropship. The dropship itself landed on the central pad, the craft spun around one hundred and eighty degree's to present its rear section to the group, the humm of the crafts engines slowly dissipated.

The rear ramp slowly began to lower, it didn't even come fully down before a trio of royal guards - equipped with very long looking staves and encased on armor plating - exited the craft and stood three on each side of the ramp. After a few tense moments, Kata'nova's eyes flickered as she saw movement, the kit instictively dropped down to one knee - her hand over her chest and her head low, this was followed by a near by Youth Corp security detail doing the same thing.

Vas'Sumera Yumena didn't look like someone who would be ruling a Kingdom, in fact, her petite nature made it more likely that she would be a school-kid, but looks were deceiving. Her chosen outfit accompanied by a warm smile, had almost entirely erased any tension that had existed in the bay; the noise of vehicles had gone eerily silent, chatter had virtually disappeared; everyone had their attention focused on the Queen. Vas'Sumera decended the ramp and approuched Kata'nova, she placed a hand beneath the Kit's chin and spoke softly, "Please Rise," with those words Kata'nova rose and looked the queen in the eyes, before glancing away out of nervousness, then Vas'Sumera looked about the bay.

She raised a hand just high enough to the top of her shoulder, and then said. "Please do not allow my presence to disrupt your lives, you may go about your business, but I am here to listen once my business is completed," she spoke in a commanding tone, but not one that spoke of hostility or aggressiveness, but instead of kindness and concern. She looked over at the security detail and said. "You are dismissed, I thank you for greeting me," with that the security detail broke apart, some stayed around, others went back onto patrol - despite her words though - the bay was still rather quiet compared to before.

Vas'Sumera, with Kata'nova now walking behind her, approuched Guy'aa and the Aeon crew. "Welcome to our Kingdom," she said - speaking in their language, much to the surprise of Guy'aa and Kata'nova both.

Eiven's eyes widened at Misaki's comment on her previous experiences. "To be honest, ma'am, I mostly lived on cratonous lithosphere; so when the ground shook, it usually meant we were getting bombed," he replied with practiced calm, "I will admit, however, that I would enjoy the experience you describe much less than this."

The doctor then went on looking about the hanger bay - partially to take in the activity, and partially to settle his mind. That was when he caught the escorted dropship coming down. The physical reminder of what they were there for caused him to exchange one form of inner uneasiness for another.

When the Neshaten Queen exited, the old man's brow raised. This was rather unexpected, but seeing how the natives were acting, he looked to the XO for his cue.

Hanger

Josea watched the arrival of the ship bearing the Neshaten ruler. He was curious about the individual. The first and foremost question was what species would she be? When she emerged he smiled. The diminutive Daur seemed to be far to delicate to be a ruler, but he also knew looks could be deceptive. The idea of Misaki and this queen fighting even in sport seemed definitely a bit one sided.

Adorable. Misaki's mind spat out in about ten different running processes, aside from all the tactical ones that spun through as the ships arrived, and the security detail arrived followed by their leader. She already felt impressed by the stature of their leader, and once she saw her approach the officer dropped as the others, though, adopting a more Yamatai-like pose and grace before rising again. "You honor us. It is my pleasure to give my most sincere greetings and good tidings on behalf of the Empire of Yamatai, and Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Himiko the First of Yamatai. We are the crew of the gunship Aeon. I am Chusa Kurusu Misaki, this is Shoei Kohosei Eiven Lankinen, my second for this occasion, and Itto Juni Josea Gustav, our Science service liaison." After she finished, she bowed, and presented the other ceremonial katana with both of her hands held up. She assumed the other would be given, or maybe kept, the same for the hologram she provided.

"A gift, to mark the occasion of our meeting. I was told you desired to spar with me? It would be my honor to accommodate."

In truth, when she heard the royal speak she felt there was a similar tone to her words, that they possibly had similar speech patterns, at least that's what made the old soldier think of her as a practiced leader, and she even bothered to learn some of her language, where their party were still translating for the most part, though she did so in order to not cause major trouble.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back