• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Fifteen: Harae

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Akagi

Alastair got the updated information from Hoshi on how best to deal with the planet landing. "Thank you for the updated information. I will inform the team of the change of plans." He said back to Hoshi. "We are going to teleport to outside the building."

"Team, change of plans. We are going to teleport to the indicated cords on the planet."

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

Hoshi sat comfortably as she nodded and said, “Belmont-chui, your plan of action is acknowledged. Keep me apprised." She spoke again, "Odo-hei and Kikios-hei, Kaiyō actual here. I am sending some more science and medical personnel to your location to answer your questions with you. Our XO will be overseeing your away team, as well. I would like you to continue a more in-depth analysis of the engine room. Make sure someone is scanning the dust if anyone powers up one of our aether generators or the Akagi's systems."

Medbay

Boss looked about the medical center with shifting eyes and then a small smile slipped across her small lips as she spoke.

“Well, I have now erected a small force field and the entire weight set and accessories will stay in place in the event that the medical center’s artificial gravity is inhibited in some way.” Her orange eyes slid away from the weights, where they had settled. “Even Nekovalkyrja muscles like my own could go with a bit of tearing and rebuilding for strengthening purposes. You may even see me here at some time. I will be logging this change for the captain to look over after our mission is concluded. It’s quite intuitive of you to bring these in, bud.” She put extra emphasis on the last word and began walking down the hall while looking at Ragnar with a growing smile on her dark-skinned cheeks.

“Your medical knowledge has been requested on the away team. You are to report to Kaze Hikaru-taii in the power armor bay.”

Power Armor Bay

A stoic but seemingly diminutive figure walked into the power armor bay with a length or brunette hair that fluttered behind it, ribbon-like. The Ketsurui Bodyguard Samurai walked indifferently into the room filled with empty racks for power armor until she was beside the odd armor that Wiliam Sanders wore.

“Iie… No,” the samurai said as her eyes settled on Wiliam’s armor. She spoke aloud as well as in Boss’ mind as to let the MEGAMI decide who got told what she said next. “Our Princess’ contributions are sometimes seen as us being a part of the spearhead of the team and our contribution as her guards will be to continue with moving to the planet’s surface. Sanders’ armor will be on the surface of the planet along with Belmont-chui’s team and myself in…” she trailed off and gulped. “An armor.” She stopped speaking to Boss and drew nearer Wiliam before speaking as if only to him.

“I do not have my SARAH in working order. Should I fly without some systems operable or fly one,” Rei asked in a whisper as she looked to some Mindy 4. “-Or one of these? I am knowledgeable and trained in both, but,” Rei let out a sigh as her eyes looked impassively at the newer armor. “Well, I only have experience on the field in my SARAH."

Kamikaze looked around, but said nothing until her eyes settled on Mikael, “I am sending a SAINT-only briefing packet from Kaiyō command and Boss right now to your armor. Continue to hold tight."

YSS Akagi
Medbay

Sacre received a comm from Kamikaze, "Sanssinia-heisho, come in."

Mark and Klaus received text orders to continue to the wardroom to check for soul savior pods in their Mindy's HUD.

Planet Surface
Building Exterior

There would be a rush of sound on audio if anyone turned theirs up manually, but every suit's AIES, digital minds, as well as Boss back on the ship, turned most of the audio very low on the Mindy's sensor outputs for Alastair Belmont's team and the bridge as they watched. Instead of the true blaring sound of the screeching gales from outside their armors and a few meters away, the team heard the softened sound of the lightning storms. Howling winds stricken with thunder clapped against one another and continued on without cessation.

The team had teleported in a staggered pattern directly two meters outside of the structure's exterior and had a one meter area behind them and a one meter area in front of them that were both untouched by the storm, as was their location. When they looked up with sensors and visual scanners on their suits, they would see there was a barrier three meters around the entirety of the building, even above its upper portions.

The building was about 1,000 feet, or 300 meters, and had stark white marbled architecture that featured many columns with simple circular capitals cresting them with bases of similar design that were outside of an inner building that was a few steps within the wide support pillars' shadows. The building within the columns had six entrances all around it and there were two within quick sight of some Kaiyo crew that had shown up on the bright green, grassy lawn outside of this huge building, which was also seventy-five feet tall. Each column was ten feet in diameter and had vertical fluting represented in concave grooves going up and down their white shafts. A blocky, tooth-like dentil cornice wrapped around the entablature that topped the columns. The building within was rectangular and very smooth and a shiny white stone material comprised the flat walls of it, which ended where the entablature's bottom began. The doors were not only the shiny white marble, they had squarish, symmetrical carvings up and down them.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

"It's as if those storms carry souls inside of them..." Hoshi said, then spoke to Boss, "Have someone scan the storms down there." A small pop-up in everyone's HUD created a short to-do list to scan the storms, specifically with the life form filter.

Planet Surface
Building Exterior

"You heard the lady, scan those storms looking for anything." He replied out to the team as he moved in closer to the building. He looked over the very impressive building that was in the middle of no where. What a crappy place to put such a nice looking building.

Alastair checked around looking for the front door.

Planet Surface
Building Exterior

When Alastair had finished looking around, he would note that the building had six apparent entrances with similar sized and looking doorways with symmetrical square designs on their surfaces and the same handles. All of the doors looked well-used, though routinely cared for and cleaned as there wasn't much deterioration but every handle and certain oft-used parts of the door and it's surrounding wall had a dull patina.

Planet Surface
Building Exterior

Alastair walked up to one of the six doors and inspected it. He pushed to see about getting into the inside of this building and explore the insides. He was using the scanner to learn any added details about the building as he moved around it.

Last edited:
Planet Surface
Building

The door caved naturally, as a door would, and was about thirty degrees opened because of the pressure Alastair had put on it. A din of conversation and water splashing could be heard, now. The scanner would show mild heat emanated and water evanesced from the ajar door as well as the same anomalous life form readings that had been seen by those on the Akagi that had scanned the supposed dust.

Planet Surface
Building

Alastair could not help but think back to his time in the onsen and it acting the same way as this place. Clearly that would be completely crazy to build a hot spring here of all places. Then again he did find a room filled with girls during the last mission so this might just be his calling in life.

He took a deep breath and continued walking into the building. He followed the sounds of talking and water slashing.

Planet Surface
Building

Alastair walked through a warm room, and then a hot room, both joined with open and arched doorways. Both were very sparse in nature and not furnished at all and different to one another only in temperature. The hotter room had a closed door that opened when pushed. All along this route, the sound of conversation came in through small slots in the high ceilings of the rooms that allowed both heat and sound to pass. To Alastair's immediate left after exiting the empty hot room were more of the same type of columns, just smaller in height and diameter. Behind a border of these columns was a small area for walking and then there was an open air, rectangular, steamy bath that was a murky, pale, turquoise color of water.

The source of conversation could now be seen as Alastair saw the nude, winged, humanoid bathers and the nude, winged, humanoid patrons of the bath house that strode about casually, lounged on mobile, wheeled chaise lounges, or reclined in one of the many alcoves in the wall that were capped with half-dome recesses. There were various entrances and exits, some with closed doors and some with open arched doorways that the nude, winged, humanoids passed through freely and often. Even with Alastair's appearance and any other appearance of the Mindy armors, the bathers kept going about their business. A young woman exiting the large bath smiled respectfully and kindly at Alastair as his scanner confirmed the life forms were present here, just like on the Akagi.

To Alastair's right was a blue and white mosaic wall which water clung to in crevices and cracks of the large still life. It was of a winged man extending his hand upwards to another figure, in the sky. A cloud half-shrouded the absolute unit of a huamanoid, winged as well, that seemed to be aiming to touch fingertips with the winged man below. About fifty meters down the walkway and in front of Alastair, there was a door beside the mosaic's end and after the door was a sort of t-intersection in the walkway.

Power armor bay

William was about to step out into the void, when the voice of his adoptive mother stopped him. He hadn’t spoken to her in sometime due to her duties, but her voice was soothing to his ears. The nepleslian turned and walked back a few steps.

Using his mindware, an image of William’s face appeared in the corner of Rei’s vision. “Well that would depend, Mama. What is wrong with your SARAH?” He asked, looking over to the armor and attempting a connection with his mindware to diagnosis the issue.

"No I haven't Klaus, not in all my 6 years of being a soldier. I've seen some pretty damn strange, disturbing, and out right bizarre. But I have never seen a dust laden ship with the crew frozen. Something beyond our understanding is going on, but we have to hope the science personnel can give us answers. For now let's stay on our toes, we have no idea if something is waiting.", Mark said stoically as he did a quick check on gear and his weapons as they floated up the passage. Having grabbed a hand hold and kicked off, he sailed up with ease. It only took the minute that it took to run his check and answer to reach deck 1. Mark pulled himself up and into the hall before crossing to the wardroom entrance. He waved to Klaus to take position, and waited for him to do so. Once he had, or didn't, Mark opened the door and swept in, rifle and shield raised as he sweeped his aim over the compartment.

Planet Surface
Building

Alastair walked around this place with eyes wide open. He was once again in a situation involving naked bodies. The heavens seem to be enjoying this far too much to once again put him in this situation. Granted he was smiling inside his Mindy none the less.

He checked the outside air to confirm he would not die instantly if he removed his helm. Should it be safe he would remove it and try to talk with one of the people in this place. He would prefer talking to one of the females given his success he had on the last mission.

YSS Kaiyō II
Power Armor Bay

Rei spoke for Wiliiam's ears only, though certain others could work to hear bits and pieces if they tried, when she said, "The hemosynthetic insert is not in my SARAH. I will still be protected from space travel, teleportation, and atmospheric entry while in the suit by a redundant system, but I will have nothing stabilizing me or able to repair my body or the interior of the suit if either become damaged while in the field, as is normal for this mechanized unit. It is not impossible for me to fight in this way, though it is improbable I will do so unscathed." Rei steadied her jaw as she now looked at her protege with a strict intensity from her white irised eyes.

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior

The air was breathable, but Alastair's was alerted that Hoshi had told Boss to tell him it seemed like a bad idea to actually take off a helmet with a perfectly well-functioning comms unit, which included a speaker system, and volumetric display, which could make it appear as if he had removed his helmet without actually doing so.

YSS Akagi
Wardroom

In the wardroom, there was nobody and not much. Jack and Klaus' visuals picked up that there was one odd thing- the entry point for one of the escape pods had been opened. When inspected, it became apparent the pod itself was gone and had been jettisoned, though a segment of hull had been shifted into its position as the ship's protocol dictated.

YSS Kaiyō II
Power Armor Bay

William grimaced at her words. "Then I would say that it'd probably be best to try and use one of the new Mindy 4's." He replied, motioning to one of the unoccupied suits. "I'd rather you didn't put yourself into harm's way unnecessarily. That is unless we could take replace it with one of the Mindy's instead? Is that possible?" He asked, not very familiar with hemosynth and how it functioned.

"This is Oaklen-Hei to Kaiyo Actual. We've arrived at the wardroom on deck 1 and swept the compartment. All clear, but one of the escape pods are gone.", Mark reported over the radio to the bridge after sweeping the compartment fully. This was a strange development, and a concerning one. He to his memory was sure the pod must not have been reported as recovered. Maybe it was on the world below? "Other then that Captain, everything else is the same as every compartment searched so far."

Last edited:
Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior

Alastair thought for a moment to ignore the order and just do what he had planned to do. He quickly pushed that thinking aside and followed the suggestion to remove the helm using yam magic. Once it projected his helm was removed he tried to talk with some people.

"Hello, I am Alastair from the YSS Akagi." He said with a smile.

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior

Elenor simply followed beyond, weapon at the ready as the team moved towards the building. It was certainly an odd configuration, and it certainly didn't look like something that should have been shielded by the storm raging outside whatever barrier this was. Much less holding itself up on its own. Still, Elenor was no architectural engineer, so maybe there was stuff at play she didn't know. But what she did know was how to sweep a building.

Of course, even as she was preparing herself, the team leader just seemed to push it open without much care to prepare, beyond keeping the scanner in his hand running. So, pushing open the door she'd readied up against, Elenor followed her team leader in, weapon sweeping for any threats, and finding none. At least until they entered the...

Hot spring? Just what in the name of the All-Father was going on here? First a ship that seemed frozen perfectly in death, and now this? Elenor, honestly wasn't trusting the situation, and so kept her weapon at a low-ready state, though her finger was not in the trigger guard. Then again, resting on the weapon's frame just above the trigger was indication enough of her readiness to return to a combat stance. Her gaze swept over the room and the occupants, trying to get even a basic read on what she was seeing.

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior

The pale woman fluttered her milky-colored wings playfully and a few droplets of water sprayed off of them as other water rolled down her nude form once it was completely removed from the pool. She picked up a nearby towel while looking at Alastair with flirty, happy eyes before he finished speaking.

She made a soft interjection, "Oh." Then she dried off her chest and looked at him as she cocked her head, then turned and walked away while dropping the towel into a low bin filled with only a few other damp towels like it. She walked towards the far end of the mosaic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back