• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Fifteen: Harae

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Akagi

Sacre nodded to herself, "Alright, I think I've learned all I can from the bodies. Kiki, I'm heading your way. Perhaps we'll be able to figure out what is wrong with the ship. Mark, keep up with the sweep." Sacre said, positioning the bodies so that they would keep if she needed to come back to them. Then she stepped outsidethe medbay and walked to engineering where Kiki was. She pulled out her scanner and the various attachments that would let her scan for a wide variety of things. "Ok, Kiki, walk me through where the problem is."

YSS Akagi
Wardroom

"Understood, sir." Klaus said. Oaklen-hei's words made sense. Blind optimism could get people killed. Caution was the name of the game here. Still Klaus could not help but hope for the best.

After listening to the new orders issued by the captain, Klaus followed Oaklen out of the wardroom and into deck 2.

"Let's hurry up and clear this ship then."

YSS Akagi
Engineering

Kiki looked at the scanner with disappointment, hoping something would've changed when Odo ran the diagnostic but getting nothing new. She heard Sacre and said "Understood." She waited for Sacre to enter Engineering and explained "The problem seems to be with the generators, but honestly, I'm not even sure myself." The white-winged Elysian glanced at the internals of the generator. "They don't look damaged, but they're not responding or giving any readings on the diagnostic tool. This dust got inside of the generator, somehow, and performing a life form scan on it classifies it as Archaea," she said, showing Sacre the scanner.

YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge

Hoshi said, "Kurogane-hei and Oaklen-hei, I want some more people on the ground. Please relocate to the planet via the teleportation coordinates I am giving you now and report to Belmont-chui." She mulled over replying to the medic, then Mikael spoke and she instead looked to her bridge crew, sniffing.

"Do you smell that?" she looked around herself, whipping her white hair's tips about. She looked up at a corner of the Fuji-class' bridge, finally giving pause. She spoke again, "Do we have any engineers on the ship that can deal with a potential leak in the bridge, Boss? It smells to me like coolant of some kind but I could be wrong."

"I will have someone report to the bride immediately," Boss replied.

Engineering

Boss came over comms in engineering, "The bride has reported a fluid leak and would like an engineer on the scene."

Planetside
Bathhouse

Upon her sweeps, the ranger would see that most of the rooms shared similar layouts with one another. Clustered around the larger rooms with pools of water were smaller rooms with varying environments for lackadaisical bathing and healthful relaxation. The building itself was quite large. The bathers did not differ from room to room or even throughout the entirety of the bathhouse, but were all very similar white winged men and women with pale skin and neutral, earthy sort of hair tones. Nobody had any sort of body modifications and were mostly interested in bathing with one another, though the bathers parted politely for Elenor and looked at her kindly as she passed through. There were no stairs to a higher level throughout the building save for in a North Western corner room of the building. A curved white stone stairway with balustrades on either side of the same color led to a lone door to the higher floor's interior and a staging area for the door, including other small architectural features seen elsewhere in the large building.

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 1

Reaching the stairs, Elenor peered up a moment, before opening her comms. "Chui Belmont, Hei Herrick here. I've finished my sweep of this floor. I've found stairs in the Northwestern section of the complex. They are going up. I'll update all the markers that lead to it to help guide others here. Proceeding up now." She reported, while updating the nav points she'd left behind in AR space with the tracing of a route from the entrance of the building to this room in particular where the stairs were located.

Once she'd finished this, she reaffirmed her grip on her LASR, and began to carefully walk up the stairs, actively pointing the weapon for the first time since they entered the structure, and using it to help potentially dissuade anyone who might think to attack her as she ascended the flight of stairs. Once she reached the landing for the second floor, she prepared to open the door and see what awaited her on the other side.

Planetside
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 1

Alastair got word that more people would be joining him. He looked over the information sent to him and seen it was Klaus and Mark. This was good news as just saying two planet side made him nervous. At that moment he got notice of Elenor exploring an area on an upper floor. His spider sense was going off this this had bad news all over it. He had to head towards the exit anyways so figured a quick pass by of Elenor would not be out of the question.

"If you would excuse me." He said in a low tone to the woman he was following. He turned and instantly his Mindy armor was back in full view. He has his fun but now it was time to get serious. "Heading your way Elenor, be there in a minute." As he closed the comms he picked up the pace and headed her way.

Planet Surface
Bath House

Ragnar shook off the tingling sensation that could have just as easily been in his mind as he was sure it was in his gut. Teleporting isn’t natural, he thought as he hoisted the scalar smg with his right arm and pulled out the medical scanner with his left. Entering the building he made his way for the ground team leader, Alastair he was pretty sure was the man’s given name.

“Sir, request permission and possibly backup if we can spare anyone to round up these folks and get some medical scans done.” He spoke blandly on the open channel. Switching to a private channel which he keyed actual, Sacre, and Alastair into; “This is weird; ship full of bodies, unidentified mutation of a contagion, a single bathhouse on a crap ball rock of a world. I know we all got the spookies in our gut right now, and I’m leaning towards these folks knowing something if not being tied to the responsible party. They’re at the very least the highest potential for exposure considering the potential space bound nature of the infection vector and it’s proven resilience to identification and eradication. Let’s at the very least round them up and scan em thoroughly.”

He couldn’t help himself, concern had seeped into his voice while on the private line. Despite himself, his finger was damn close to the trigger as he entered the building. I’ve seen my fair share of disease outbreak, this could get ugly.

Planet Surface
Bath House

Saya chewed on her lip a little as she peered around, her medical scanner and science scanner out as she kept a gaze on the readings that she had fed into her HUD in her suit. She let out a small sigh and keyed up the other medics.

"I haven't found anything yet, but thankfully I do not believe any of the others planetside are currently out of their suits. Will report when if I find anything."

After she cut the channel to the other medics, Saya opened one to the others planetside.

"Everyone, under no circumstances are you to exit or break the seals on your suits, otherwise you will be quarantined and examined. There is a dangerous disease currently about and we need to make sure that we find the vector. Please, do not allow yourself to come out of your suit."

YSS Akagi
Engineering

Someone else came in to engineering named Sacre, a medical officer. His chief and the medic conversed over what was going on, and he stood toward the side. He was just a lowly junior engineer. No need for him to insert his considerably unexperienced opinion. Not that he really had one, he still had no idea what in the world was going on, and until they could get the engines online, he probably wouldnt know anything else.

He was monitoring comms and head the call for someone to come to the bridge. There should be enough engineers on board for someone to take care of a simple request, but he sent a discrete query to Boss.

How bad does the leak seem? We have kind of come to a stalemate over here, so if needed urgently I could transport back to help.

He wasnt trying to leave, but he was feeling a little useless, and wanted to find something to do.

Planetside
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 1

Alastair got the pings that the new members had landed planet side. Alright, with more hands we can get some work done now. He thought to himself as the first round of comms came in. He had been holding off on taking anyone from this bathhouse but with the extra hands this seemed to be an option now.

"Confirmed Ragnar, try and secure a few people. Try not to alarm the entire building to your actions." He sent out over the comms to the planet team. "Saya, good advise to stay in our suits. Please give support to Ragnar and secure a few people from this place." He closed out his comms and continued talking in the direction of Elenor.

YSS Akagi
Engineering

Sacre listened to Kiki and read the scanner readout. "Ok, lets get a sample of the bacteria and see what their like. See how we can kill them. We might have to take apart the generators to rid ourselves of them. Taking the generators apart will also let us get better scans on what's damaged. I'm sure the two of you can handle the engineering part while I examine the bacteria that have stopped the generator." Sacre said, working through the problem.

YSS Kaiyō II
PA Bay

William looked around as the others prepared to teleport down to the surface. Unfortunately his armor did not have the ability to teleport on its own. However...

He looked over at Rei, and appeared in her vision once more. "Mama. Do you have that teleportation device that Sacre had? It should allow me to teleport down with you." He said looking at her with his deep blue eyes as he waited for a reply.

Planetside
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 2

The room the Star Army officers soon found themselves in was of a different sort of furnishing, with clothe and wooden furniture that was absent on the floor below. A wafting bundle of pillowy fog rolled in through the doors and wafted down from the ceiling and around the two armors. The room was furnished for one with a twin-sized bed in a far corner of the room, as well as a wardrobe, a nightstand, and vanity table. On the bed lay a decrepit and slightly preserved body of a person that may have been much like those below. A huge swathe of white feathers that had once fallen now lay on the floor beside it, though many more lay against the bedsheet and pillows of it below the somewhat skeletal fragments of the humanoid's wings. The comforter was pulled up to the person's mid-section and one of their hands was above the sheet while the other was under the pulled in comforter. They had not been tucked in and wore a Star Army of Yamatai uniform.

YSS Kaiyō II
PA Bay

Rei was in her Mindy as she said, "Hai." She was soon at the force-field manipulated open bay doors. She looked as if shifting uncomfortably within her armor and it became slightly understandable why a moment later. She opened her arms to Wiliam to do something he had done years ago for the first time to her. She still remembered the feeling of insecurity that she, a fully fledged Ketsurui Samurai, felt immediately at being so publicly humiliated and then it turned quickly into a feeling of freedom in his embrace.

The same look of reddened shame she had worn with humiliation when he hugged her after she had adopted him from his orphanage years ago was on her face now, albeit behind a Mindy 4's visor. Her arms had extended outwards and Rei spoke again.

"Musuko...Hayaku!"

Boss was preparing to launch into space as she sent to the engineer a short message. "Odo-hei, Looks like you have a job to do, after all. I'll let you know the second they need you somewhere that victory seems more plausible. Or is the opposite of a stalemate more just progress? Advancement?"

YSS Kaiyō II
PA Bay

William's mouth nearly hit the floor. When he and Rei first met, he did not understand the why his new mother did not like it when he hugged her. Soon after, the nepleslian came to understand that it was just something that wasn't permitted as a samurai.

This was the first time that Rei had ever initiated a hug. (albeit it was for the good of the mission, but William refused to split hairs.)

Her son smiled widely, and his sapphire blue eyes softened. "Hai, Mama." He said softly. His armored frame walked forward and wrapped both arms around Rei tenderly. "I'm ready when you are."

"Hai Captain, Klaus and I will head over on the double.", Mark said in reply to their new orders after only making it to the next room. "Well you heard the lady, boots on the ground. Sync jump to exit at marked coordinates."

He stopped and plugged in the coordinates that had been sent to their armor's internal computers and started the sequence, "1.......2.......3 initiating jump."

There was a tingle and a brief vision of blue across his HUD before finding himself outside the building. He looked up at it with a strange feeling of foreboding, as well as a calm easy. A odd mix of feelings indeed, and interesting experience to say the least as he had never really seen a bathhouse before. "Belmont-chui sir, Oaklen and Klaus on station and waiting for tasking. Please advise of orders sir?", was what the man informed as he headed into the building and into what might have been counted as a lobby of the building at a brisk pace.

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 1

As the door was opened and the sight presented itself, Elenor was promptly sweeping her rifle back and forth, checking for any potential hostiles. Seeing none immediately, she refocused her gaze onto the desiccated corpse in front of them. She noted the uniform, but her focus was more on the state of the corpse. Considering the situation around them, Elenor could think of only one possible explanation that fit.

"Sir, I think we're in a honey trap."

A simple statement from the Ranger, but no less a valid one. Honey traps were quite effective just because of their nature - tempt your target with something they want or are compelled to investigate, and snap the trap closed after they've entered it properly. And if this whole thing was one, they were likely only moments away from springing it.

"Sir, I recommend no one move alone any more, and to keep contact with the 'locals' to a minimum. We should regroup and form a more concrete plan about how to deal with this." She continued, her helmet turning from the corpse and the door.

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 2

Alastair got the comm from Mark. "Be on guard. This place is not what it seems. Remember, no means no team." Alastair sent out as he moved closer to the bed. "Elenor I second your thinking that this place it what we thought it was. Curses, always the places of paradise are filled with crazy." He groaned over comms. "Well if the angel's show fangs, light this place up like Hoshi santa is coming to town." He closed comms and chuckled. He didn't even know what that would look like but thought it funny none the less.

Alastair started to look over the body to see if he could tell who this was. "You head the lady team, travel in packs and keep it in your pants."

His sixth sense told him they were already in the honey trap and that the claws were closing in. Lucky for them he had left a gift.

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 2

Keeping her rifle ready, she continued to switch her gaze from door to corpse. "Think they were waiting on us to step out of our armor before doing whatever it was they did to this poor bastard?" Elenor asked, tracking the pings on the tacnet from the rest of the team. "How long till they realize we know what's up and snap the trap close?"

Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 2

Alastair thought it wise to revise the original orders slightly now with everyone planet side. "Those who just made it planet side. Be on guard but see about securing one of the angels or make some kind of contact."

Alastair looked over to Elenor. "Well when I projected naked nothing happen. So either they know we are in armor or we have not triggered the trap in the right way." He reached over and gave Elenor a pat on the shoulder. "Counting on you to have my back. Together we will be unstoppable." She could not see it but Alastair had a big smile on his face.

Last edited:
Planet Surface
Bathhouse Interior
Floor 2

"I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone, but CFS Need to be kept to absolute minimal use if at all around unprotected civilians, please!" Saya said in a channel to those planetside as she continued her scan. She began to move to the closest body she could see on her HUD to try and group up with someone. She took care to make sure her suit was powered down save for the absolute essentials and no CFS used at all.

After a few moments that it took to navigate the interior of the bathhouse, Saya eventually met up with Elenor and Alastair, and before she came into view she sent a small ping to let the two know she was coming.

"Elenor-Hei, Belmont-Chui Fujiwara-Hei reporting. How are the seals on your suits?" She asked of both of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back