• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Nine: Mamemameshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
YSS Kaiyō II
Bridge
20日 8月 YE 39
0830 Hours

It had been twenty-five days of searching for their newest target for the Kaiyō II's crew. In that time almost everyone that had participated for the Komorebi mission had been ranked up once. Arbitrated Iemochi had received a double promotion but the rest of the Jôtô Hei had stayed their current ranks. The XO and Captain, though, had retained their ranks of Shosa and Chusa, respectively. The captain had gotten acquainted with the crew in several ways and the XO had stayed shut in with her wife after her daughter had left the ship. Kikyō had hitched a ride back to Yamatai with the transport ship that had brought the SOFT trainer to the ship to train SOFT 501 on the ship, which had undergone an explosive training regime on the ship.

Deio Asuka lifted her head up from where she had been closely examining her console and reported to the bridge, "We are approaching the target!"

"Condition one!" Hoshi called out to Boss and everyone on the ship was alerted to go to their stations. It was cleaning time on the Kaiyō for everyone but select members of the bridge crew and the ship's personnel were strewn all over the Fuji-class.

The whole ship had been briefed on what was to happen once they found their target; they were to take down the enemy installation. The captured L'Kor had told the ship about a station far flung in the Western Wastes. The plan was to have the SOFT members go into the station itself to shut down the core while the rest of the power armor team fought alongside the ship in the vacuum of space.

Almost all hands had been asked to participate in combat and they were to go to the power armor bay.

Hoshi looked to the Second Officer on the bridge and told her, "Taii Teien. I want you leading the secondary assault of the station from your position on the bridge. Our missions operator isn't going to be joining us and you're the most qualified to do so." She turned to the safety and systems monitor and asked, "What is the ship's current running status?" To the pilot she said, "Kiseki-hei, ease us in. I want us to be on the edge of teleportation range for our SOFT team. Ittô Heisho Iemochi, please be at the ready to begin barraging their defenses. Remember, we are targeting whatever comes out of that station, not the station itself. We are going to have our team in there to do that for us." She looked around the bridge, then asked everyone, "Got it?"

In the power armor bay, the SOFT team was already assembled on cleaning duty.

YSS Kaiyo - Bridge

The SOFT team. A team of highly dangerous individuals, devoted to nothing but one purpose: The elimination of whatever target was given to them. A team whose sole purpose in existence was to crush whoever they fought with naught but their brains, brawn, and a lot of luck.

"I'll be happy to do so, captain." Kyoi responded. "Approaching insertion position, weapons at optimal angle."

She flicked on the CFS as the ship moved inwards. She had a feeling the fireworks would be pretty.

YSS Kaiyo
PA bay

Mat entered the power armor bay and suited up in his power armor with his standard loadout. After he was ready and his weapons were picked up he searched out Meissa and patted her on the armored shoulder.

"Good luck out there." He said, and held up the back of a fist, which Meissa tapped hers against.

I got permission from @META_mahn to write Meissa's actions here.

YSS Kaiyo - PA Bay

"I'll be fine, Mat." Meissa said. "It's nothing I haven't done before, you know it too. Good luck to you too. And don't do anything silly."

YSS Kaiyo - PA Bay

Sacre slid into the Powered Armor bay from her usual place in medical. Her scarred face was unmoving, she passed Mat and Meissa on her way to her own armor. "Or get hurt and make more work for me." She added to Meissa's statement, glancing at both of them as she paused momentarily.

Power Armor Bay

Mikodimus made his way to the power armor bay. His arms were placed behind his head as he walked, giving a soft whistle here and there. He was recalling the power armor he had setup with the help of others on on the crew. It was very similar to Meissa's PA Loadout - Close Quarters, 'Stab Everyone' Loadout. He had always been a fan of being close and personally while fighting. Much like how he would dance around the kitchen preparing meals, he would do the same preparing death for all that crossed him.

Last edited:
Bridge

Taii.... She'd never thought she'd make it.

As Hoshi made the call to Condition One, Saki already had stood up and donned her protective suit as per regulation. Sitting back down at the XO's station, Misaki pulled up a volumetric screen of the battlefield, and set up a few volumetric screens for the SOFT team as well. If she was going to take back her part in the command line, she'd need to work her cute Neko butt off to do so.

Misaki only gave a small but authoritative, "Hai." She still wasn't much to talk while on duty, as she was busy enough. Acting as tactical command only added to this busy mind of hers.

YSS Kaiyo
PA bay

Yoshida, as per usual, arrived and donned her armor with great haste. However she had a somewhat annoying fog clouding her mind- she usually did anyway now sadly, but this was a new one, one that at least distracted from the others, it wasn't the jealousy, or anger... It was a simple feeling of inadequacy. Hmm... Was my performance on the planet's surface not up to par? She thought to herself. Even Hanna is a member of SOFT. Hanna... Her of all of them... Getting to stand along side Anastasia in an Elite team that even she didn't get to, despite all her training. Maybe that training would never be enough...

Or maybe everyone else was just that much better than her. Hours of physical training, hours more of simulations... It wouldn't mean much without actual combat experience perhaps. At least, that was her opinion there- even if the simulations were the closest to the real thing you could get. "Well... Let's hope the space combat ones pay off." She said to herself as she slipped her helmet on, and gave a scan of the room.

Some new faces, and some old ones. It was hard to keep track of all these many gears of the Yamataian warmachine- some were so unnoticeable they could disappear and no one would say a word, the kind of people who you'd only notice were gone the moment something went wrong. She hoped the new faces didn't face down something they couldn't handle, fighting in the full three dimensions was a whole different beast when compared to fighting inside a ship, or even on a planet's surface for that matter.

"Well!" She stated as she hefted her gattling rifle,, and tested the spin, just to be safe. "Let's get pumped, yeah?!" She forced a grin even under her helmet. She refused to let this bring her down. It was all she knew to do anyway. She couldn't let her friends, and more importantly her 'sister' see her down. She even got back into her normal, walking on her tiptoes while her tail swings behind her act!

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo II

Miles looked up from his book when the notice to report to stations was issued, having enlisted as a Medic onboard the Kaiyo and only joining recently he was still a new face. The only person he really knew on the ship was his brother Mikodimus and for the time being decided it best if he folled his example having been here longer than him and knowing more of the ins and outs of the ship. Even so Miles followed the order and made his way to the power armour bay "I have got to get someone to help me with all this power armour stuff" he thought as he looked out for any others he might ask for assistance.

Last edited:
Sacre spotted the other Medic looking confused and she slithered over to him. "So, you are medic." The tall Sepra looked down at Miles and decided to offer her hand. "I'm Sacre Sanssinia, we might be working together." She said, a bit formally.

YSS Kaiyo
PA bay

William strode into the PA bay silently as usual, making his way to his Reaper. As he walked up he slid his swords into their respective sheaths on the armor. He looked around the space seeing a few new faces as well.

Once his armor had cycled open he deftly stepped inside. He felt like he was becoming quite adept at using his armor. As the suit sealed him inside, he closed his eyes and enjoyed the few moments of darkness before the suit powered up. He scanned his suits data as the systems came online.

"Ready." He finally said, detaching from the rack holding his suit and stepped forward.

Power Armor Bay

Reina Madoka and Peio Muyomi slipped into the bay followed by some of the other infantry Neko. Madoka grabbed Muyomi's hand and raced towards Yoshida.

"Hear the good news?" Madoka asked. She made it seem it was a rhetorical question when she added, "You're to be the field commander. The XO is going to give the orders from her place on the bridge, but you're going to be making sure they're executed."

Peio Muyomi said quietly, "You should ask Teien-shosa."

Eden, hearing her name spoken, perked, "I do authorize that."

"Yes!" Reina Madoka hissed.

Muyomi broke into a small fit of giggles as she said, "I didn't think it would work."

As Madoka led Muyomi away to their armors, she said, "Well I did. And it paid off." She half whispered, "She's the best fit for the job, you know. She should have been ranked up."

Eden snapped, "Reina-hei! Suit up and then check in with your field commander and expect some words from Teien-taii! That goes for all of you. The apprentice has the right idea. Thank you for coming along, William-kun. We're about to take on a station of great importance to the L'Kor, our enemies and pawns of the Kuvexians who we are at war with. This is the time to have confidence in one another and ourselves. Even if we cannot see each other, we shall know our separate missions will be equal in success, which there will be an abundance of. This is the time we have all been working towards and will be what we have hoped for, too." Eden turned back around and began speaking to the SOFT team's comms.

YSS Kaiyo
Walter's Quarters

Chlorate hovered around Walter's room, looking at various things. Not being sure of what to do next, she decided to ask Walter. "Walter, do you have any recommendations on what my next course of action should be?" she questioned. She knew that she probably wouldn't be of much use on the battlefield in her current form, let alone did she know any training or protocols for a fight, but perhaps she could do something on the ship, she thought.

YSS Kaiyo II
PA Bay

Miles jumped slightly at the sudden presense of the Lamia next to him, after recovering he thought that it would be a good idea to get along with the other medic rather than remain strangers for the journy.
"Yes, I believe we might be" adopting a more formal tone as well he continued "sorry to bother you in such a rush, but I'm new and still trying to get up to speed on how this all works, if you are able to would you mind showing me the basics?" Miles hoped he didn't sound rude or demanding, he was lost and out of his environment in the Power Armour bay surrounded by the combat suits, he couldn't even remember if he had one or not.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo
PA Bay

Karasawa wondered if this ship was so lively all the time.

She'd been dropped off just earlier that day, barely had time to figure where she wanted to rest her boots. No time to really meet the rest of the crew. Heard some interesting stuff, but she was pretty sure the whole "Alternate reality" thing was someone pulling her leg.

Good thing was, the big red Neko was already in the bay. She'd just gotten her Mindy kitted properly when the condition change came down. Almost tore her uniform off and threw it in the locker. Angled through the jostling mass of fellow infantry getting ready, which was harder than it looked when you were one of the taller persons in the room.

Popped the seal and climbed into the Mindy's waiting interior. A soft sucking sound, and the lining adhered to her skin perfectly. Helmet came down and the neck seal hissed as it pressurized properly. Finally, she plucked an aether gatling up and tried to find a spot to ready up.

"Hey, hey." She greeted anyone close enough lazily. Just trying to start up some harmless talk to keep off the nerves.

YSS Kaiyo
PA Bay

"I'll help sure, It's power armor, it's not that hard if you don't have rocks for brains." Sacre said, sliding into her Mindy and the armor closing over her. She flexed her long sinuous body and settled in, checking each of her weapons and equipment. Then she turned to Miles with her helmet in her hands and motioned towards his armor. "Do you have lead for feet too? Step on in."

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo II
Bridge Bunny Hangout

Itto Heisho Iemochi. What a change! The recently-promoted NCO stretched one tiny arm upwards in her seat on the bridge, a faint smile gracing her lips. The redhead shook herself, a soothing rustle of magenta feathers briefly filling the air of the bridge. Boss relayed the requested information to Arblebarble: All weapons were fully powered, and munitions were nearly fully stocked still. All clear to begin combat! ....As soon as Hoshi said so.

YSS Kaiyo II
PA Bay

Matsuvo turned to all of the new infantry members. "Have any of you seen combat before? If not, I'd suggest that you all stick together." He then pointed to the rest of the more experienced infantry, those being Yoshida and William.

"Those two have the skill to survive the more crazy stuff."

Then he attempted to scratch the back of his head sheepishly, only rubbing the back of his helmet, making the moment even more awkward.

"I'm not very good, but my luck might be enough."

YSS Kaiyo
Walter's Quarters

"I would need you to stay on the ship, don't leave unless it is a emergency." Walter answered as he put on his shoes. "You aren't battle-ready in the slightest; the only thing going for you is how small you are."

He gets up from his bed, and opened the cabin door to leave. "Unfortunately, I have to be out there and defend the ship." Walter failed to sound enthusiastic about the prospect; he didn't consider himself a conscientious objector, rather a man who preferred to do engineering tasks over the former on the account of fixing machines to be more fun for him.

The Minkan turned to look at Chlorate. "I would say you should talk to Eden, but she is going to be busy with the other defenders. So... Look for Hoshi, ask her if you could stay on the bridge. Any more questions?"

YSS Kaiyo II
Walter's Quarters

It was as Chlorate had expected, she would not be flying into the fight. "Negative, I understand," reported the small holographic android. "I shall now search for Hoshi." She set out to look for Hoshi, flying through several open hallways hallways first, not having gotten used to the ship layout yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back