• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Mission Roku: Genjitsu Tōhi pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.
IYS Kaiyo

Nataria 12? Eve? None of that matched up. She had been created at one of the nekovalkyrja cloning facilities that the NMX had captured during the wars, one of the masses pumped out to fight as a disposable army against Yamatai.

"Who is Eve?" she asked, raising her black eyebrows. Maybe it was some Mishhu leader in this strange alternate dimension?

YSS Kaiyo Power Armor Bay

Dazedbitrated took a few more moments to seemingly rest against the doorframe, steeling herself for the next "journey". Hobbling unsteadily down the line of people, the redhead produced a slightly concerned frown when she noticed Seino was very much not with the crew. Hopefully he was okay or at least with Eden on the other ship... After what seemed an annoying length of time, the smol birb selected a spot symmetrical to her second self.

"So, I'm you and you're me, miss Abr-errr, Shan?" The injured weapons operator's gem-like eyes narrowed slightly, as if she was trying to study her neko duplicate's face... Or just handle the bright lighting in the bay.

Last edited:
Medlab

Sein groaned a little, feeling himself come back to consciousness as his eyelids opened and closed slowly. Vision blurry and tinted black at the edges, the scientist tried to remember where he was. Staring into the harsh artificial lights and white panels of the ceiling, it started coming back to him. He was somewhere in his lab.. But.. why was he on the floor? With gigantic effort, the blonde heaved himself into a sitting position as quickly as he dared. Feeling the blood rush from his head, Mochi raised a hand to his forehead before pausing in shock. His hand was discoloured and swollen significantly. As he cast his mind back, the scientist recalled splashing some liquid onto it after being startled by the muster call. At the time, he'd thought it was ethanol. Apparently not.

If he was still a Minkan his anti-toxin systems would have fired immediately but it appeared instead he'd managed to collapse out of sight while his new body fought back. Placing one hand on the floor, he slowly pushed off and rose shakily - grabbing the desk as Mochi scoured it for the antidotes he had somewhere. 'I'd better call in, who knows what's happening.' Seinosuke managed to coalesce a thought. "E-.. Eden? This is.. Iemochi reporting?" he slurred into his communicator.

IYS Kaiyō
Shuttlebay

In some respects, Hanna Madsen was inclined to agree with her cheery counterpart. She felt humiliated when she was commanded by aliens. Especially those who were physically weaker than herself. From what she had seen of the crew of the IYS Kaiyō, there were few aliens even within the enlisted ranks. Seeking to know more about this alternate Yamatai, Hanna decided to inquire further about their practices.

"That's good that you are patriotic about your nation, but if I may ask...what is your way? Do you...let...aliens...serve in the military?", Hanna replied, an unconscious smile showing on her face as she spoke the word "aliens".

"Why, you ask?....." The snek's minkan self posed a pretty strange question, one that he hadn't thought about before, at least not outside of his own personal motives...

For as long as he knew Essia and Yamatai were pretty good allies, and Separa being able to enlist in the SAY seemed fairly normal. But from an "outsider's" perspective it might seem strange, especially with the less humanoid races.

"....Well.....uh..... why not? I mean a lot of them are recognized Yamataian citizens or allies, plus the larger variety in species can have their benefits." With a slighty cheerful tone he tried to come up with a decent explanation, raising the tip of his tsil up next to him, swaying it around a little to show it off...

YSS Kaiyo
PA Bay

Sutahira Medikku shook his other half's hand, the... clone? No, that didn't seem right. Maybe a-. The IYS Medikku leaned in a growled, barely audible, "don't think you're better than me." and tightened his grip, making Medikku's hand start to throb. The YSS Medikku's eyes widened, sensing the anger and hostility between them. The other one had seemed so friendly, maybe he had different methods or other things to offer, but it was now clear they would not be comparing notes.

Medikku released his grip, backing into his line. He now wished he hadn't left his NSP in the armory. He felt very exposed without it. Medikku wondered if it was a mistake to allow these, duplicates? That seemed better. Onto the ship. He straightened out his uniform and made sure to keep his eye on the IYS Medikku, ready to tackle him the moment he threatened any of his crewmates. He would show who was the better Medikku.

Anne looked in shock. "Wh...what are you talking about?!" She said, surprised yet again at the accusation and statements "How are we not I'ee? I was born I'ee and forever will be an I'ee......and we are no such abominations as you speak." She said, taking a few steps back. "I am an Ambassador of the I'ee from the Ee'ee system! Not some grunt you think I am." She said, getting flustered. Anna continued to stay silent, holding her gun tight. Anna saw that it was obvious they didn't like aliens, so she got worried about an attack, with her sister rarely getting angry it made her worry even more.

IYS Kaiyō
Shuttle Bay

"Eve is you," Tomohiro Izumi said to Amanozako. "Eve is me. Eve is everyone and within us all. She is our creator."

Hanna's doppelgänger smiled, "No, why would we? Anyone but a Neko is worthless, to be very frank." She side-eyed the YSS Elysians and then Abart.

Eden looked to the plant, holding it up slightly as she looked at the bottom, then the sides of it. "We better get going."

"We'll see you when we see you, then," Saki said all too pleasantly.

"Time to go," Eden heard through telepathy and chose not to look at the other Saki, instead looking to her crew. She tugged her head towards the shuttle, then waited for them to filter in before getting in herself and firing up the shuttle, leaving the bay.

YSS Kaiyō
Power Armor bay

The IYS Kyōi scowled.

Shan Arbitrated scowled.

Wila said only, "Eve is my mother."

Before anyone could do or say anything, Norogumi Eden spoke out.

"It is time for us to be going," she said tersely. The crew of the IYS Kaiyō looked to her individually and nodded, then returned to their own shuttle. Soon, they were gone.

Shuttle Bay

Eden's shuttle came into the shuttle bay and the captain began shouting orders once in the power armor bay.

"Barlow-hei!" she began. "I want you in that engine room night and day until we figure out a way back! Infantry team, you don't leave the power armor bay. You're to treat this as condition one! Bridge crew, man the stations and get us out of here! Medics are to stay with the infantry and the ambassadors may choose where they would like to spend their time as long as it complies with standard operating procedure. Strike that, get to know the crew and go where you wish. We've been through enough; ostracizing you from the crew is the last thing I want. Science advisor," Eden said to Mochi. "I want to see you in my suite right away—ay... ah!" The ship began to lurch from under her and Eden had to hop into the air, utilizing gravity manipulation to avoid falling. She speedily made her way to the bridge as the ship settled, plant in hand, only to ask Saki, "What is happening?"

Impatiently, she bent over Saki and checked the console.

"Oh for fuck's sake..." She breathed out and put her face in her hands. To the crew she telepathically said, "We're being towed."

YSS Kaiyo - Power Armor Bay

Meissa barely had enough time to make it back into the shuttle bay and even begin to run over to the power armor bay. Halfway into her suit the ship shook. Her suit caught her. How friendly.

"Oh what the hell." Meissa mumbled. Her clone sucked. She was boring as hell.

And her clone was probably causing this mess.

Bridge

Kyōi hovered into her pilot's seat, and slammed on the CFS field, and tried to pull the ship away from the IYS Kaiyo.

Humorless assholes, they were.

The pilot fox oriented the Kaiyo towards the enemy. Or, whoever was towing them.

The smollest of birbs gave a slightly cheery smile as her counterpart scowled as a sort of last-ditch attempt to get some positivity going. Well, that's kind of unfortunate, she thought as the smile seemed to do nothing and the mirrored crew departed. She managed to raise her hand slightly in preparation for a wave, hoping that Eden had fared better on the diplomacy side only to snap it into a salute as soon as she started shouting.

BAM! Arbles hit the floor with a grunt when the ship shook, although this time she managed to avoid being knocked unconscious. She slowly stood up again, grumbling about how they could have said they were going to try towing that first, before starting to mostly steadily walk back towards the bridge.

Yoshida absolutely fumed the whole way back. She had been absolutely speechless at the time! Why, the disrespect- not just to herself, but her double's disrespect to her own position, cursing while in uniform, failing to show the respect a fellow professional soldier deserved from her own sisters in arms, let alone the fact that all soldiers deserved a measure of respect regardless of alliance. After all, when bravado, smack talking, and the fury that came with fighting your enemy on the battlefield aside, everyone was still a warrior of their home, a representitive of their people, and ultimately, their protectors.

She allowed herself a small grin however, as she thought back, to just before everyone left. Even as the doppler had been telling the others it was time to go, how she had reached out and dumped her silent rant in her head into her double's all at once in a private telepathic message. "Wonder if she'll get the bigger picture?" She giggled and shook her head after saying that to herself- of course she wouldn't, her double was a living straw man of surliness and hate. Most of the IYS crew in fact, seemed to be the same- starmen that is, of being out oppisites.

Her musings were first interupted by Eden, where Yoshida had been tempted to raise up her hand and ask a question- if she could search the surface of the ship for tampering, after all they hadn't spotted the mishhu coming, so the same could be said about any unseen members of their crew. Then she stumbled, and righted herself, staying still for a moment at a ridiculous angle, one that should have ended in a face plant if naught for gravity manipulatin, before standing up to full, once more.

"Ah.. Um, well ma'am, permission to earch the surface of our vessal? I wanted to earlier but I guess now there is an actual reason!" Yoshida asked as she bowed slightly.

IYS Kaiyo -> YSS Kaiyo

And so, Anastasia awkwardly abandoned her alternate self, shuffling back towards the squads Raccoon shuttle. She didn't feel too good about nay of the situation. How would they report this? Are they in the right place? Questions and concerns ricocheted around her mind for the whole ride back to the Kaiyo, the YSS Kaiyo. She was brought back to reality by Eden's sudden drop in diplomatic personality.

"Understood!" Anastasia replied swiftly as she was told to report to the engine room. As soon as the orders were given, she moved off towards the engine access, nearly falling as the ship shifted. She caught herself halfway down, this was becoming a common occurrence aboard the Kaiyo. Her pace accelerated as she made her way into the engine access, bringing up a maintenance panel with one hand to read the status of the reactor. The first concern was that normally the engine room would be uncomfortably hot, yet today it had started to go cold.

"Towed?" Anastasia cursed in Seraphim under her breath. "I'm running diagnostics on the engines now."

Shuttle Bay

William was confused by his doppelganger's answer, but before he could ask another question they left just as quickly as they came. He looked back to Rei and Aiko, trying his best to not look dumbfounded. "What... what just happened?" He asked, just as the ship shook violently.

The Nepleslian boy was caught off guard and crashed to the floor cursing. "What the hell is going on?" He asked, not being able to hear the captain's telepathic communication due to his lack of mindware.

He scrambled back onto his feet and moved to Rei and Aiko once more, and checked himself over.

YSS Kaiyo
Bridge

Misaki observed the return of their shuttle and for the most part the towing. She didn't expect it, but focused more on not having Kikyo launch from her lap with the ship's lurching. She looked down to check on her daughter, and saw she had stirred slightly, probably due to the jarring motions, but was still visibly asleep.

Saki brushed the small youngling's black hair as she telepathically sent to Eden while looking up at her, "How did it go?"

Looking around to the sensors operator, the XO gave her orders softly, but with power, "Start scanning our path, I want our location mapped as well as probable destinations. I have a slight feeling I am not going to tell me."

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyō
Corridor

Riku felt him lose his footing as the ship lurched, catching himself on the wall with an arm, then it began lurching the other way which, as two forces worked against each other, caused the Minkan to fall flat onto his back. "Oh for the love of the Empress .. what's going on now?" He quietly grumbled to himself, sitting up in an attempt to stand as the ship shuddered under his feet from the stress of what was going on outside. With a click of his tongue, he turned and began making his way back towards the bridge.

I knew I should have just stayed put.

YSS Kaiyō
Bridge

The doors leading into the bridge hissed open, a hand catching hold of the door-frame as he noted what the pilot was attempting to do, giving the back of her head what amounted to the usually taciturn and quiet Minkan's expressions a look of pity and disappointment. Well, at least that explained what was causing his short but rocky journey back up. He didn't know what was going on, and still didn't as he took a seat at his station; head-set sliding back on as he re-took control of the Mission Ops/Communications Console from MEGAMI. Mid-way through, he gently tapped the screen in front of him and seemed to smile to himself.

It seemed he was apologizing to MEGAMI for so abruptly taking back manual control.

Right, what to do now .. contact our counter-part? Ask what's going on? Wait for the Captain or XO to give orders?

With what sounded like a heavy sigh, the Minkan began attempting to contact the other Plumeria-class.

"YSS Kaiyō to our erstwhile mirror-verse friends aboard the IYS Kaiyō, please inform us about what exactly is going on. We're experiencing some very serious turbulence; have we run into an anomaly that only exists in this universe? Are you attempting to pull us away to safety? If so, please un-tether us and allow us to maneuver on our own."

Upon hearing the signal to return, Abart'huse gave his mirror counterpart a quick bow before joining the rest aboard the shuttle. Man..........i really don't know what to make of all that....." The conflicted snakeman pondered it all a bit more once back aboard the Kaiyo, slithering his way over to the PA bay once again alongside this comrades.

Soon he was all suited up once more, checking in with the bridge and remaining on standby once again. This time he temporarily took an Aether beam saber rifle with him, as the LASR wouldn't be quite as effective in case things went south after all. While he himsalf didn't have too much trouble with his parralel persona, the mixed looks on the team's faces showed that not everyone had the same impression. Also it had been a while since he has seen Madsen-hei grin like that, seems like her meeting went quite well.

The uneasy atmosphere was still very noticable throughout the ship, so he tried to lighten the mood a little bit with some light conversation. "So uh..... 'Rion, what was your..... "other" like? Did he seem alright to you?"

Orion didn't even look at his counterpart, or even wave goodbye once he boarded the shuttle. Anyone could tell by looking at him that he was pissed off, primarily because of his counterparts weird and touchy behavior.

When they got to the bay and Eden issued her orders, Orion scrambled to get in his PA, almost tripping when the Kaiyo suddenly lurched. Once in he grabbed his usual rifle and waited for further orders.

"Not... Alright... At all..."
Was the hasty reply to the snekman from the very pissed birb.

IYS Kaiyō
Shuttlebay

Hanna gave a quick goodbye to her counterpart before leaving, a wicked looking smile showing on her face as she rose from her valedictory bow and walked back towards the Raccoon shuttle, nodding to her cheerful counterpart as she entered the shuttle.

As the shuttle took off, Hanna thought about the assortment of aliens who surrounded her; the Elysians, the sole Separa'Shan, and, the two I'ee. She had developed a close relationship with the Separa'Shan, Abart'huse Theisilis. Although her relationship with Meissa Nashira and a few of the other Elysians was tense, she admitted to herself that some of them made serviceable fighters and soldiers, although lacking in the formality and surgical skill of their Nekovalkyrja counterparts. Although she believed that the ship would be more effective with an all Nekovalkyjra and Yamataian crew, the aliens were at least able to somewhat pull their own weight...

YSS Kaiyō
Power Armor Bay

After receiving orders from command, Hanna made a quick beeline for the power armor bay. For the second time today, she suited up in her Mindy, slowly hovering herself into the suit. By the time she had her helmet in hand, the ship lurched suddenly, but Hanna had managed to stabilize herself on the framework.

"Towing?", she said suddenly, upon hearing Eden's telepathic broadcast.

Medlab

Mochi scrabbled for the correct syringe, filled with purple-white liquid swirling as he stabbed it into his left upperarm. His presence was needed and their Captain sounded like it was urgent. Hissing as the ship shook, the needle moved unforgivingly inside the wound. Pulling the glassware out and throwing it down, a small trickle of blood trickled out and pattered gently against the floor before it stopped almost immediately. It was great having a elevated red blood cell count. 'What on Yamatai was that?' the redbirb puzzled over exactly was happening after his bout of unconsciousness.

As Eden mentioned a tractor beam, it started coming together. It was too strong a jolt for the beam to massively outclass them, otherwise the jolt would be unnoticable as the relative energy of their engines and the tractor would be so mismatched not to have any competition. Perhaps if they fired theirs back, they could slow down their attacker if they were this close in power to jolt so much. The closer their classes, the greater their relative spacial locking ability would be.

As Mochi moved to make his way through the doors of the Lab, the scientist shot a message back to Eden. "Shosa, I'm en route. We should to fire our trac back at them, if it does what I think we might be in luck." It was at this moment that his partner, the smol candyfloss-winged Arblebarble made her way rather woozily through the doors behind him. "Hey!" the blonde beamed before realising something was up. Backtracking, he gently wrapped an arm around her and gave a look of concern with bright emerald eyes - "Are you alright..?"

Medical Bay, on the way to the Bridge

The tiny weapons operator shook herself slightly in Mochi's hug, her mind briefly clearing.

"Oh um... I'm okay, just hit my head a little. Royama-Hei says there's no damage, though. What happened to you? Your arm...!" Her eyes looked over the bloodied limb worriedly, especially around the discolored skin. However, a brief reminder from MEGAMI cut the encounter a touch short.

"I-I'll come back later when we have more time!" The somewhat refreshed angel gave her partner a little kiss upon the lips and turned on the move, returning to the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back