• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Hana Mission Three: Shapeshifter

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
Mid YE 40
RP Location
Yamatai
YSS Hana
Wardroom

The YSS Hana crew and the two other craft involved in the ship's last mission had been safely retrieved from Elefirn territory. The data they had been able to garner about the grouping of stations in the NorthWest of the star charts helped the Ninth Fleet narrowly avoid a fight they weren't ready for. Later, after many hours were put into researching and understanding what they could of the Elefirn vessel they had secured, SAoY was able to come up with a list of small operations planned by the strategic analysts in command as they worked with SAINT. Slowly, every name of operation on that list had been crossed off of until one remained.

"Project Shapeshifter," Kamikaze said aloud as she looked at her crew gathered in the Midori. "That is our next assignment and it will have us going within Kuvexian territory. We will take the identities of scrappers, hauling a large amount of Yamataian military salvage from the recent," Kamikaze's eery teal eyes looked over the crew before settling on the ceiling, "skirmish in the Ketsurui Military Sector." Her eyes settled on the SAINT operative that stood beside her and continued, "Nothing we have will be of much use to them, but we'll make it look like we do so we can get past their borders and checkpoints. We have a route figured," Kamikaze said, looking to Latch, "and will be using old and untraceable parts and ship equipment and will be going about this mission without SAoY-issue armor. But, we will be shipping military salvage, so it would look odd if we didn't have guns. SAoY is handing out some personnel-level gear, guns, ammo, the lot. Everything is being distributed to your cabins now and after this briefing you'll have about five minutes to pack up and ship out." The captain shook her head, nearly smiling as she said, "I haven't even gotten to the mission's motive. Are there any questions before I continue?"

Elenor was trying to figure out what the heck the plan was, considering everything told thus far. And honestly, she was having a had time of it. "I do, Ma'am. Two of them at least. One - Why us? Why not a SAINT team? Two - How are we gonna explain some of us being out in this area? I mean, we don't exactly look like your standard scavenger fare." Elenor asked, after raising a hand to help make it clear she had questions. She'd started to get settled in her Type 37 Field Uniform again but now wondering what might come up of things what with this mission.

YSS Hana
Wardroom

"Interesting... I can't think of anything that needs more explanation, myself - with exception of what our intent is." The asymmetrical, brightly-colored smol rubbed at her chin for a second. "...Wwwwwweeeelllll... Actually, wouldn't it be a bit risky to take a Yamataian war vessel into their territory? A nearly intact ship would be a hell of a gain for scavengers, pardon my Nepspeech."

YSS Hana
Wardroom

Oliver sat at one of the tables towards the back of the room as the plan was discussed, about to voice his own concerns when Elenor spoke before him. How could Yamatai soldiers blend in as something other than that, especially in a Yamatai warship. And going into Kuvexian space? That had to be suicide! He would do it, though. He trusted his crewmates and trusted that they could get the job done with near perfection... maybe. The other had voiced that very concern about the warship, his concern exactly. Shouldn't they use a retrofitted civilian hauler? Maybe repaint the Hana with non-yamataiin symbols so that they can pass as something other than Star Army and not be blown up? He wasn't sure, he just knew they were going into Kuvexian space, and that there was a reason for the mission and a plan to pull it off. He sat silently as he tuned back into the room, listening to further questions and eventually their answers.

YSS Hana
Wardroom

Haswega stood with her arms behind her back as the Taii spoke. She eyed over the others through the thick SACOS as they asked questions, gauging their reactions and subtle movements, almost studying the group like a silent statue beside the much more chatty Kamikaze. With the mission in enemy territory requiring much more subtlety and precision than what the usual Yamataian war doctrine called for, she wanted to make sure the crew was ready for the sudden shift into much more stealthier tactics.

Her attention then shifted to the Taii, watching her reaction to the situation and the questions.

YSS Hana
Wardroom

Stein leaned against the bulkhead at the far end of the room as he listened to the Captain give her briefing. At the mention of going undercover, the Nepleslian sniper flashed a wicked smirk. This kind of thing was right up the veteran NSMC sniper's alley. Most of his own equipment would actually do quite nicely for playing the part of hired muscled aboard the ship.

As he listened to everyone speak their concerns, he couldn't help bust out laughing at Aradia's 'Nepspeech.' "Sorry, but if you're gonna play the part of salvagers and other unsavory types, you gonna have to get a bit more vulgar." He said before adding. "Pardon my interruption Captain. My only question is the part you wish for me to play."

Lucas had for once shown up without a pad in hand, though now, he imagined he would have dropped it. The utter surprise at such a mission, why it was awfully risky, but sadly something he'd been part of before. Vice had been buzzing with such illegal activities.

"Ma'am, if I may, I have experience that may be useful in this operation. I am quite familiar with such an operation, and am fully willing to lend that to the mission. You will not have to worry about me playing my part, I assure you it will be done naturally sad to say.", Lucas offered up with a raised hand, the Iroma already dreading having to possibly be his old self again. But no matter how much he disdained his past, the crew could find such experience invaluable hopefully.

YSS Hana
Wardroom

The doors hissed open once more as Juno piled in to the ward room with a small streak of grease underneath one of her intensely emerald orbs, the FARS somebody told her to fix was so close to being in working order again and she was about to finish it and be here on time when the poor little thing decided to shit itself again - but she managed to catch the second half of the speech and had a question herself about the old ship parts they'd be using.

"These old ship parts, are they ready to go or will they require some assembly ma'am?" the combat engineer asked their captain, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her oversized hoodie as per usual as she mulled over the thought of using less than standard gear - it sounded risky but also exciting!

YSS Hana
Wardroom

Klaus Kurogane kept silent as everyone discussed the following mission. It seemed simple enough. And yet has everyone questioned the captain or put forth their suggestions, he felt disappointed he didn't get to see action.

He grimaced as he thought I shouldn't be disappointed. Grandfather always said don't pick a fight. If you stand for what's right and just in the universe, a fight will find you. He chuckled quietly to himself, thinking of the stern face his grandfather always made when imparting some hidden truth of the universe to him. Steeling his expression he muses to himself. I'm just excited for my first posting. I'll just keep my head down and help where I can.

There will unfornately always be another day to fight.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back