• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Adoption Mizuno Yoroko

Ira

Ser Spit
Inactive Member
i wish to formally adopt Mizuno Yoroko.

I'm familiar with the character and have in the past role played with her creator.

There is some sentiment attachment to her, by me: Yoroko the player took me under his wing, and though he is gone, his creation is here.

So I'd like to adopt her as my own.

If he ever does come back...which I highly doubt and would welcome,

I'll return her to him

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:mizuno_yoroko

This is someone's flagship character that had a lot of personal investment put behind its development and personality. Plus, there's a lot of history to live up to.

I'm not sure anyone's up to the task of playing this type of character properly other than its creator.

It's better than just letting the character sit there - it's a wasted asset if we do. Ira should be at least given the opportunity to try and fit in those boots. Plus, he did point out that he is willing to give the character back if the player ever returns.

My interest only is spurred because she was on the Miharu. That said, she's a long time removed from the clan and its associates.

I'd hope that history remains honored somehow, especially seeing as she died and had to be brought back from a soul transfer either from pre-Miharu or the beginning of it.

Okay, Yoroko was my friend.

He isn't coming back. He didn't leave sarp he deleted his account

Given that mizunoyoroko was last seen: Dec 13, 2011

I think this adoption can be approved. Is the character updated yet?

If my memory doesn't fail me...

Mizuno Yoroko's latest Mental Backup was retrieved by the Miharu Clan during the Fortuna mission - that's thread 1.3+ of my plot.

The Miharu clan would likely have had her revived, like most of the other dead that had records in that computer. Therefore, given that Yoroko died in Miharu mission 5.2, her most recent backup was likely made just before the attack on Amaya's Gate .

It's implied in my current plot that ever since survivors of the Second Draconian fleet returned, the government has taken measures to give proper counseling and support to help people 'displaced in years' to gainfully reintegrate in society. Most of the Miharu clan members that were revived went through that, it might have been the same for Yoroko. Kotori explained some of it to Reika in the following quote:

The neko shook off the desirous expression towards the food, grinning sheepishly, before she then took a seat beside Kotori on the floor. Once down on the ground Reika met Kotori’s amber eyes and asked with her amethyst eyes glinting curiously, “How are things going with the soul saviour pod?”

"I heard they secured the use of a KAMI to appropriately extract them, though they are holding off until they can procure proper counseling for the revived," Kotori answered as she delicately removed the lid of the bento box. "It's been a standardized practice ever since the members Second Draconian Fleet had to adapt to the many years they missed."

The bento box contained an array of riceballs, adorned with a strip of seaweed to help hold them, which the Princess then began labelling in pairs, pointing two at a time with her fingers. "Dried mackerel, tempura mushroom, tuna with mayonaise, umeboshi and salmon."

“They were your crew – do you think they are going to have much trouble adjusting to their change in circumstances? While they missed a few years, the time they lost is not nearly as bad as what happened to the Second Draconian Fleet.” Reika asked as she pried off the padded training gloves she was wearing and set them aside. Then the neko peered into the bento box at the different riceballs Kotori had identified.

Itadakimasu,” Reika murmured. While she was hungry, the cerulean-haired neko waited for Kotori to respond before she tried to dig in.

"Consider that up to what they remember, they were at the verge of going into this big showdown with the Daughters of Eve," Kotori started explaining. "Suddenly, you are surrounded with your sisters being all emotional and crying, and it has been years, and your mother - the ship - is gone. The home you knew is gone. You're now around a planet, and there's a house, younger sisters are now older than you, they have fashion sense, younglings, a company were they design new ship technologies, and they know a lot of extraneous things that didn't matter back when they were just a ship sprite... which is what you essentially were and still are."

"Yamatai says you bravely died, became a hero... and none of that is actually connects, none of it you actually remember doing. It might be hard to feel you would have really learned the accolades given. You might even feel like somekind of imposter," Kotori nodded for emphasis. "It certainly will be an adjustment. The Miharus changed a lot in the last few years, and it will be a pretty abrupt transition to those revived. I can't say if it will be harder or easier than the people from the Second Draconian Fleet, but living for only two years and suddenly skipping out on four could feel pretty significant."

Reika winced slightly as she reconsidered the circumstances that the lost Miharu crewmembers would find themselves after their reawakening, given Kotori's reinterpretation of things. "On second thought, that doesn't sound much better at all."

The cerulean-haired neko took hold of one of the dried mackerel rice balls with her right hand and bit down with gusto, closing her eyes and savouring the flavour as it rolled over her taste buds. After chewing and swallowing, Reika asked, "Will they have to serve the rest of their term of service in the Star Army? Or do you think they will be allowed to discharge early if they want to? At the least, they should be given leave time to adjust to all the changes."

"I certainly hope so," Kotori opined. "It would feel disingenuous to take the time to counsel them into adjusting only to throw them back in active duty without some choice in the matter."

Since I'm Yoroko's former-GM, my non-Wes input regarding rank:
Yoroko died heroically. Her name is on the Miharu memorial, which can be seen on the wiki here. If it would have been possible to revive her immediately post-mission, she would have seen promotion. I don't recommend going over Hei ranks, as Yoroko herself never displayed the leadership qualities I deemed worthy of heisho ranks. This said, Miharu mission enlisted participants got two-step promotions at best.

I mean I have ideas, and it has been some time. The resurrected Yoroko could have had things happen, 6 years is a pretty big gap. I will need to think some more. But this is also a lot of information. I look forward to reading it thoroughly.

So I am about to add this bit of history to her profile, her death, and the knowledge of her death may have changed or colored her. In that time I was going to suggest that when she reenlisted she took time to go through Kyoto War College -- Her death and the knowledge of it pushing her to grow towards that path. And....I'll follow this career path @ Wes

Not that I disapprove of continuing in a military career, but I'd like to make mention that the Miharu Clan didn't revive anyone that they were not willing to take care of. That can mean budget for housing and living expenses, civilian sector jobs (namely ship building) and facilitating tenures in any institution for continued education or even career path changes. She's having to pick up her life after making the ultimate sacrifice - one she was honored for making - so it's only natural to give her ample opportunity.

Kotori's recommendation for officer studies would be a given too.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back