• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SYNC Mochi Desserts [Personal Message] - Motoyoshi-Ieyasu Taro to Senator Iemochi Seinosuke

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
Ye 44.7
To: Respected Senator, Iemochi Seinosuke
Marked Personal - Pre-Recorded Message

"Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening Senator, " the image of the green-haired Minkan was projected, the transmission came from Asagumo-jo, the Motoyoshi Palace on Port Jiyuu part of the assets that would soon depart the Kikyo Sector.

Taro was shown leaning against a desk, looking out over Asagumo City. "Senator, I am contacting you not as a Shosho of the Star Army, not as the former Governor of Jiyuu; I am contacting you as an Elder of the Motoyoshi Clan because it appears we have encountered a problem, a rather serious problem," Taro said, he downplayed his role in the clan just a little. "Partisan politics have always been a battlefield, it is one of the reasons why my own political ventures have always remained very regional. I'm old, perhaps not in years, but in terms of history itself. I've sat back and watched Yamatai go through many changes, some good and some bad. In many ways, some would consider me bitter, because my daily decisions were made differently," he said.

Taro let out a bit of a burdened sigh, then explained, "I've reviewed the transcripts of the Senate, I've reviewed your communications and your clap back in the media with your political party. You've become very good at using the media. I suppose that is a quality of a good politician. You lost your integrity though when you attacked our beloved evening orchid in the media for the fact she adjourned the discussion of a bill, a situation where you could have lived to fight another day. Instead, you made your call about the 'Silent Voices Heard' along with your political party; you viciously attacked without hesitation, you brought shame to Katsuko through the media, and triggered a traumatic response ignorant of her personal and historical involvement in Yamatai. I sum it up to ignorance because I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that your actions were not planned, emotional, and built around your passion for your cause." Taro let a rather large breath inward expel slowly, "Yamatai has flaws, even in my stubbornness I can see that. Likewise though, Senator, you too have flaws. They are abundantly clear in the over-dramatized press and communication responses you've given. I just wish you could have used some discretion and sensitivity in the delivery of your words not just to Katsuko but in your party's response to my son. Some of us should probably thank you for being responsible for Katsuko's departure from the Premier Seat, she was never made for such a thing but was determined and disillusioned that she could orchestrate changes that have not and probably will not be made," it was obvious Taro's tone, the way he projected himself, he didn't care at all about the public shit slinging.

"One thing I can promise you is that there is a younger generation of the Motoyoshi that are rising in the ranks, both in and out of the military who are devoted to the protection of the Imperial Way and our clan's philosophies. They take the torch now as Ketsurui-Motoyoshi Katsuko leads on another quest toward the stars and space unknown. I ask you as a father, and as a man for your consideration in the future; to handle your liberal ideals with the sensitivity of knowing that other views exist. Your focus should be on the views, not aimed at the people who present them. There is always going to be an Imperial side to Yamatai, and you can only go so far before your platform becomes treacherous. We saw it with Tio and Kiyoko and with the Tange. You may have disavowed the Terrorists, but the irrevocable fact is, that be it from you or any other politician liberal-minded politics will encourage them. It is unavoidable that this can happen on both ends. Some won't respond to you as I have, as Tetsuya has, or with the silence that Katsuko has," Taro's were thoughtful and serious and he maintained the tone, "You've kicked off a political battle, one that I am sure will continue for the years to come, a star in your own right. Our opposition, like it or not. Just don't expect us to sink to the level you have, at least not without provocation," he informed the Senator. "I'd like to encourage you to keep your politics clean, to show a little of that polish you undoubtedly have."

Taro clenched his jaw a little and said, "I do have plenty of questions though, not that I see you answering them. I can't help but wonder what exactly is going on that Virginia, a world mostly inhabited by Star Army soldiers somehow elected a liberal politician. It makes me wonder what your constituents think. Wonder if their views are actually being represented at that podium in our government." Taro's eyebrows lifted just slightly, "I also wonder about the fact your clan has taken such a vice-like grasp on some of the Star Army's vital departments, is it more than just a new clan rising up through the ranks?" he then shook his head, "All questions, so many questions and I don't think you're the one to give answers to them right now. I will of course seek those answers through other legitimate and more informed avenues. The only true thing I wish for you to understand Senator is that the Motoyoshi is part of the Empire, and our Imperial views will continue to be represented by our Senators, our Governors, and other politicians. I invite you to oppose those within the political arena, but please, in the future play clean and avoid the avenue of media mudslinging in a manner that is directed at the person rather than just their views. It is best if we all just did our part. Enjoy what is left of your day or evening - Taro Out." The communication then would end.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back