• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Multimissile Warhead

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ x ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ? ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ x ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ x ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ x ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ x ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ x ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ x ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ x ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ x ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Notes:

1. Unclear if this is the right template but I'm not sure there's a missile one or the ammo one fits so we can probably roll with it.
2. Seems like a lot of missiles

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. Appears to contain unapproved "sub-articles" (sub munitions) - submunitions article had no OOC notes or link to an approval thread.
2. Could use some information on the warhead's speed(s)

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

2,560 Tier 6 (Heavy Anti-Armor) mini-missiles is indeed a lot, in my opinion, as the combined damage output of that many mini-missiles is the equivalent of 5 Tier 15 (Heavy Anti-Capital Ship) torpedoes.

Edit: The Galactic Horizon Mini-Missile is actually rated as a Tier 7 (Light Anti-Mecha) weapon, thus meaning that a single one of these warheads is the equivalent of ten (!) Tier 15 (Heavy Anti-Capital Ship) torpedoes. That, in my opinion, is far too much firepower for a single torpedo to carry - it reminds me of Arieg’s overpowered missile boats, in all honesty - thus I’d like to request that the number of missiles be lowered by a significant amount. I know there’s nothing in the Weapon Limitations that says how many sub-munitions a missile can carry - but this, in my opinion, is pushing things way too far.

Last edited:
Yeah, but anything that's starship-size is just going to enjoy the light show on their hull and repaint later because they're 4+ tiers above. Those 5 torpedoes would have been the better choice for attacking starships.

According to the limitations a missile launcher, which is kinda what this missile is doing, is rated only by the power of its munition, regardless of how many it launches in a salvo. This is why I stood against the limitations to begin with, a numerical system can always be worked around. There is seriously no rule limiting a missile's submunitions.

1b) Some off the mini-missiles were approved a long time ago, the bubble blower and the GH mini-missiles were sorta ported over but that was approved in its own separate thread. All of the above were also moved into a separate article from the sub-munition launcher article which I also got approved. The sub-munition launcher article originally also had the mini-missiles included on it which I think you can see in the revision history, but as those were moved over to their own article it kinda looks like the approval link is there for no reason.

Either way, all of the approval threads are included now.

2b) The warheads are supposed to be 'kinda slow' but also at the same time its space stuff and we don't normally list small missile speeds nor do we have a guideline for what speeds are acceptable here so I'm hesitant to put anything down so I can stick with the 'Don't ask Don't tell' missile speed policy. I think that is a lot more acceptable here for the missiles launched right as they reach their target as opposed to the larger missile which is launched from super-long range (IE: the target has a chance to run away so knowing if they can do that is super important).

If you have a suggestion here for speed it would be super helpful.

1a) I tried to use the same template for similar parts of the RUDaaS missile so its at least internally consistent until it gets to some of the older parts which may have been written in a different style.

2a) The Kernal is a smaller missile, while the RUDaaS is a much, much, larger missile. Each one is large enough that it would be unreasonable for a Plumeria to hold. The whole stack is nearly 20 meters long, as long as a modern-day fighter jet. The number of missiles listed is what actually fit inside of the to scale DOGA model for the warhead after modeling the case itself, the supporting interior structure, release mechanism, and the smaller cases that actually hold the smaller missiles. The number was chosen entirely because 'That's the number that would reasonably fit'.

True, @Wes, but if I remember correctly (no sarcasm intended; it’s been a while since I read its fine print) there’s something in DRv3 about repeated attacks to the same area of something wearing down its armor, thus those missiles could destroy a starship if they all attacked the same area at the same time - which in my opinion is what this warhead is designed to do.

2,560 Tier 6 (Heavy Anti-Armor) mini-missiles is indeed a lot, in my opinion, as the combined damage output of that many mini-missiles is the equivalent of 5 Tier 15 (Heavy Anti-Capital Ship) torpedoes.

Edit: The Galactic Horizon Mini-Missile is actually rated as a Tier 7 (Light Anti-Mecha) weapon, thus meaning that a single one of these warheads is the equivalent of ten (!) Tier 15 (Heavy Anti-Capital Ship) torpedoes. That, in my opinion, is far too much firepower for a single torpedo to carry - it reminds me of Arieg’s overpowered missile boats, in all honesty - thus I’d like to request that the number of missiles be lowered by a significant amount. I know there’s nothing in the Weapon Limitations that says how many sub-munitions a missile can carry - but this, in my opinion, is pushing things way too far.

HOLY HELL!!! This is way too much!

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back