• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

My LGBT fantasy novel is out!

I booked!!

My LGBT fantasy novel "The Light in Front of Me" is now available!! WLW romance, trans representation too! Swords, magic, and dragons as well! There's a fox (my profile pic) so Neshaten might like that :D

Amazon (Physical): https://amazon.com/dp/1686029519
Amazon (ebook): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0821TNCC1
itch (ebook): https://arcanearia.itch.io/the-light-in-front-of-me

I wanted to give a special thanks to SARP for being a great place to practice writing with many different people over the years, without that I don't think I'd have been able to do this. Thank you! ❤

(I should be able to post faster now that this is wrapped up :p)

Summary:
Princess Valerie, a strong-willed 19-year-old with curious magic powers, finally gets to see her best-friend-turned-fiance Eliot again. However, a mystifying sorceress kidnaps Eliot and pleads her to forget about him for the good of everyone. As the only suspect in his disappearance, Valerie must abandon the safety of her royal life to rescue him herself. Her friend and bodyguard Luce joins her as the only person who believes her. The two women set out to uncover the dark secrets behind Eliot's disappearance and end up on a journey of self-discovery and acceptance.

"The Light in Front of Me" is an LGBT fantasy about being true to yourself and overcoming odds together. It's an adventure full of intense swordfights, heart-felt confessions, dragons, and an adorable fox who doesn't quite get humans.

I read the first few pages and they were especially gripping, full of engaging narration, and earnest dialogue! You have truly accomplished something great! Wonderful work and good luck getting your book out there!

Non-chain book stores will "buy back" books you have published for a flat price around $10. I recommend sending yourself copies and spreading them through the bookstores in your area. Calling ahead to verify with the bookstores doesn't hurt :]

Again, great work!!

Congratulations! That's super exciting! SARP has a lot of authors and writers who want to put out books and it's always cool to see people getting their stuff finished and released!

That's awesome Aria, I definitely want to pick up a copy when I can. I actually started out with the ambition of being an amateur novelist as well prior to joining the SARP community. I think this will inspire me to give it another go and to maybe pick up where I left off. I have plans with a friend to co-author a book together with them, so hopefully that goes well too.

Congrats. I am not into a lot of fantasy stuff myself but I would definitely read this one. I am currently in the process of writing a story myself. A sci-fi story, the usual hero finds a conspiracy, stops conspiracy, saves the galaxy kind of story. By the way, just so I get the right book, the cover drawn in a manga style right?

@Ametheliana Thank you, that means a lot!! I hadn't thought to try that with local bookstores, I'll contact a few and see what they say.

@Wes Thank you! Do you know if any other users have published? I'd like to read them if so!

@Firebrand Thanks! :D

@Jack Pine Oh nice, good luck! I initially tried to write a book when I first joined SARP ~12 years ago, but I couldn't do it then. My characters were pretty awful, and I didn't plan things out well haha. It's hard to find what kind of book planning works for you. For this book, I set up a personal wiki at my house that I put the plot outline, character sheets, important locations, etc on, and that worked well for me! Just try not to let writing feel like a chore and you can do it! :D

@Yoshiro Tanaka Awesome, good luck with writing, would love to read it later! :D And yup, it's the manga style cover with the fox from my avatar in the center. The book is definitely a bit manga/anime inspired :p

Oh, for folks who get the book and read it, one thing that could be a huge help is to post a review on the site you got it through.

@Aria I think so but I'm having trouble remembering off the top of my head.

Definitely, ratings/reviews would be greatly appreciated! ❤ Currently there are none on Amazon and goodreads, so I've been poking a few people to write one haha

If a purchase isn't verified, the review will eventually be deleted- but that's only my personal experience and may not be accurate :]

Regardless, it's great Wes bought one and can give you a verified review : D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back